Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,687 members, 7,930,374 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 04:38 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (72948 Views)

Poll: Do You Want Ade To Leave Arsenal FC?

Yes - Sell him immediately: 28% (17 votes)
Yes - Use the money to strengthen the team: 41% (25 votes)
No - Ade has been maltreated by the press: 10% (6 votes)
Not unless he is replaced, I will be sad to see him go: 18% (11 votes)
Unsure: 1% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by No2Atheism(m): 12:09am On May 11, 2009
Goal Keepers
1st choice -                                           (World Class player needs to be bought for this position)
2nd Choice - Almunia
3rd Choice - Fabianski

Right Back
1st Choice - Sagna
2nd Choice - Eboue
3rd Choice - Djourou

Left Back
1st Choice - Clichy
2nd Choice -                                           (World Class player needs to be bought for this position)
3rd Choice - Gibbs

Center Backs
1st Choice -                                           (World Class player needs to be bought for this position)
2nd Choice -                                           (World Class player needs to be bought for this position)
3rd Choice - Gallas
4th Choice - Toure
5th Choice - Song

Defensive Midfielders
1st Choice -                                           (World Class player needs to be bought for this position)
3rd Choice - Song

Attacking Midfielders
1st Choice - Arshavin
3rd Choice - Nasri
3rd Choice - Fabregas
4th Choice - Walcott
5th Choice - Rosicky (If he ever plays again)
6th Choice - Ramsey
7th Choice - Merida

Strikers
2nd Choice - Eduardo
3rd Choice - Van Persie
4th Choice -                                           (World Class player needs to be bought for this position)
5th Choice - Bendtner
6th Choice - Vela

------------------------------

Players to be sold

Adebayor
Denilson
Diaby
Traore
Bishoff
Jay Simpson
Randall
Senderos
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 5:01am On May 11, 2009
Mr N2A keep deceiving yourself.

Wait till summer when Wengay would buy some embryo from Congo Dr and France to fill in the boots of Cesc
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by No2Atheism(m): 5:25am On May 11, 2009
dayokanu:

Mr N2A keep deceiving yourself.

Wait till summer when Wengay would buy some embryo from Congo Dr and France to fill in the boots of Cesc

1. Yes you are correct, Wenger would never buy those players, cus it would expose the fact that he has been wrong all along and thus responsible for Arsenal's probs.

2. The list i made is just to show where the team needs to strenghtened, if Arsenal has the hope of ever winning a trophy again under Wenger.

3. If Arsene fails to buy needed players, then he needs to be replaced by either "Louis Van Gaal" or "Diick Advocaat" or "Lippi" (the only 3 managers good enough).
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 5:33am On May 11, 2009
N2A,

Wenger na scopeman.

he would never buy such world class players why?

Because he would not have any excuse to remain trophyless but when he uses his embryos He can always use the excuse that He has a young team that would mature before Jesus comes back
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by No2Atheism(m): 5:40am On May 11, 2009
Yea you are right , I have also suspected that: youth policy might also be his own way of protecting himself in case of failure.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 6:00am On May 11, 2009
That is the scope Wenger dey use
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by switch47(m): 6:27am On May 11, 2009
'You can be very positive or very negative' WENGER SAYS!!
On the nature of the defeat…
“It’s very difficult. You can be very positive or very negative. We lost the game 4-1 which is a major disappointment but I feel going forward we had a very interesting game and created plenty of chances. That is never a 4-1 game, we should have been 2-0 up before they had a shot on goal. On the first free-kick we made a mistake and they scored. Today we missed seven or eight clear-cut chances and on every single mistake we made we were punished.”

On his side’s poor defending…
“It means our chances to come third are definitely over. The rest I don’t feel will have any other influence than that. We conceded four at Liverpool, three against Man United and four today. We have to improve the way we defend.

“You wouldn’t like to come out when you lose 4-1 and say ‘listen, we are going to buy four defenders’. I believe we have quality defenders and it’s more a case of balancing the team defensively than the quality of our defenders. If you look at the second goal we could have done much better in midfield than at the back.”

On missing out on third place in the Premier League…
“We had a small opportunity to come third but three months ago everybody said we would finished tenth so I would have signed at that point to finish fourth. I don’t feel we have to be too disappointed with that but what is very disappointing for us is in the games that mattered in the last three or four weeks we couldn’t win. That’s where we have to analyse. But today there were a lot of positives in the game and we have to take a little distance from the defeat because it’s not a 4-1 game today.”

On dealing with two heavy home defeats in a week…
“It is difficult but this is a job for strong people. When you decide to live in a competitive world you have to deal with that – we cannot complain. It is a bit more difficult when you are young but when you are young you want to be challenged. That is a good opportunity to show we have the mental strength that is needed at this level.”

On the free-kick that led to the first goal…
“We live in a League now where the divers are rewarded. It’s not right but it is like that. I don’t think the free-kick should have been given but it doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t win the header afterwards. I believe we must live in our job where the referee makes some decisions for you and some against. But defending consequently you should clear the ball on the cross.”

On watching his side miss chances…
“I still feel I was more worried in February when we were drawing 0-0 without creating a chance. Today I feel we created the chances and had an interesting game. When you see that in a team it’s always easier to correct what doesn’t work defensively; if you don’t create chances you are always more worried.”

[Sunday, May 10, 2009]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Myself2(m): 8:15am On May 11, 2009
No2Atheism:

1. Yes you are correct, Wenger would never buy those players, cus it would expose the fact that he has been wrong all along and thus responsible for Arsenal's probs.

Whether he buys them or not,it still doesn't change shiit about the fact that my beloved AW is largely to blame for our failure to win silverware in four seasons
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Emperoh(m): 10:47am On May 11, 2009
switch47:

On missing out on third place in the Premier League…
“We had a small opportunity to come third but three months ago everybody said we would finished tenth so I would have signed at that point to finish fourth. I don’t feel we have to be too disappointed with that but what is very disappointing for us is in the games that mattered in the last three or four weeks we couldn’t win. That’s where we have to analyse. But today there were a lot of positives in the game and we have to take a little distance from the defeat because it’s not a 4-1 game today.”
kai!! this is a team that went unbeaten three seasons ago!
Won trophies and now is contented to be placed fourth!!! How the times have changed
Anyway, Wenger, pls keep the youth policy intact while those with Men policy wins the trophy!
At least it will reduce our rivals to two!! tongue grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 11:08am On May 11, 2009
Didnt watch the match, saw highlights, the selection was awful, match was terrible and the loss was humiliating, maybe AW will learn from it but on second thoughts don't think he will undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by No2Atheism(m): 11:38am On May 11, 2009
It would take a lot of serious humility for Arsene to accept his mistakes , and considering the stereotypes of french men, i would be impressed if he does accept his mistakes and actually try to correct them rather than paper them over,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 11:42am On May 11, 2009
@ Debo,

I hope you enjoyed Alan Hansen's expose on Samir Nasri's inability to track players on MOTD last night. Hansen pulled up 5 incidents to prove that Nasri is a confirmed weakling. Later you will tell me that Nasri is tenacious and can play central midfield.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Akolawole(m): 11:50am On May 11, 2009
@Ibi

How your monday be?

Do you know that?

# We inflicted on Arsenal yesterday their biggest home loss for decades grin

# 3 seasons ago, we did the same to liverpool at Anfield in the league and

# Until few weeks ago, we also roasted United by 3 goals to 1 at Old tratford.

I hope i am right though.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 4:01pm On May 11, 2009
Myles Palmer.

The score is Arsenal 0 Chelsea 3.

After 54 minutes my phone rings.

It's a season-ticket holder at the game.

"What time can I leave?" 

"I'm surprised you're still there!"

"They won't let us out." grin grin grin grin

"What's the mood there now?"

"Resignation and despair."

This is so unfair to devoted GAYnners like Muki. cry cry cry cry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 4:03pm On May 11, 2009
them send you angry

tell them say you nor meet me angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 4:25pm On May 11, 2009
mukina2:

them send you angry

tell them say you nor meet me angry

Hahahahahaha. . . . . .
GAYnners were given football lessons within one week.
Wenger should sell Diaby, Almunia, Nasri, Song, Vela, Van Persie and Bendtner.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by switch47(m): 4:58pm On May 11, 2009
I Love the arsenal Fc Philosophy, Common Those that does ot Own the club,Have stakes at the club or have meetings with wenger or the Proper Team FANS  are leaving in a fools paradise here trying to love the team more than the owners?   some teams that spent more than the gunner did not even qualify for UEFA cup and Aston villa now know that only the strong makes the first four. ARSenal/ AW is a unique set up and the Project Arsenal will yield Result in no time!! NOT BUYING PLAYERS IS WHAT YOU BLAME WHEN YOU LOSE 1-4 AT HOME, and you celebrate when you beat villareal 3-0, man united 2-1,chelsea 2-1  What do you want united to blame for their 1-4 loss?? arsenal needs to buy players but that is not exactly what will bring the titles.   ASK chelsea what happend to them last season and the one before (NO TITLES), or does chelsea even have any chance at all during scolari time (even with the players) same overpayed players Hiddink is using to form activity with loads of near misses now.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 6:53pm On May 11, 2009
Ibime:

@ Debo,

I hope you enjoyed Alan Hansen's expose on Samir Nasri's inability to track players on MOTD last night. Hansen pulled up 5 incidents to prove that Nasri is a confirmed weakling. Later you will tell me that Nasri is tenacious and can play central midfield.

Hansen can pull rats out of his ass for all I care. Nasri CAN play in central midfield - it's like showing DD missing 5 chances yesterday and say he can't play as a striker. Is that how you rate players? Based on ONE game? 

Confirmed weakling my foot - he was NOT tracking back - is that a sign of PHYSICAL strength or disinterest? You should go and re-school yourself on the use of adjectives since you're obviously clueless.

Two things - Nasri is NOT a CM by definition but he CAN play there - he had a poor defensive game yesterday (who didn't in the Arsenal team ) but that doesn't mean he's not tenacious. Go look at the build up for the only goal we scored or the best chances we had - all went through Nasri.

No2Atheism:

It would take a lot of serious humility for Arsene to accept his mistakes , and considering the stereotypes of french men, i would be impressed if he does accept his mistakes and actually try to correct them rather than paper them over,

Wenger will not admit more than he has already - he made plenty in the post- match interview:

On the first free-kick we made a mistake and they scored. Today we missed seven or eight clear-cut chances and on every single mistake we made we were punished

We conceded four at Liverpool, three against Man United and four today. We have to improve the way we defend.

I don’t think the free-kick should have been given but it doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t win the header afterwards. I don’t feel we have to be too disappointed with that but what is very disappointing for us is in the games that mattered in the last three or four weeks we couldn’t win.That’s where we have to analyse.

If you look at the second goal we could have done much better in midfield than at the back.”

Today I feel we created the chances and had an interesting game. When you see that in a team it’s always[b] easier to correct what doesn’t work defensively[/b]

If you're looking for additional admissions of failure after such an extensive list, you'll wait till Wenger admits seeing his player dive or commit a bad foul or go offside.  grin grin

To people yabbing Bendtner - he has 9 goals in the premiership which is the same as RVP and just one below Adebayor - most from sub appearances and a few starts. Given the performance of the 'top 2' strikers, he is more than filling his role as the 3rd or even 4th choice in the team.

Regarding players that MUST be sold, just two come to mind - Diaby and Silvestre. Kolo had a mare, but he can play better than he has in the past few games - Silvestre (frenchie who can't jump) will make Vidic and Carra look bad. angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cristalz(f): 6:58pm On May 11, 2009
Emperoh:

kai!! this is a team that went unbeaten three seasons ago!
Won trophies and now is contented to be placed fourth!!! How the times have changed
Anyway, Wenger, pls keep the youth policy intact while those with Men policy wins the trophy!
At least it will reduce our rivals to two!! tongue grin

No, dearie, a club.

The team that went unbeaten no longer exists. What's left is even dimmer than its shadow.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by switch47(m): 7:17pm On May 11, 2009
ARSENAL ROCKS!! Arsenal jo!! Arsenal Jare!!! Arsenal jo!! Gba sibe!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 7:17pm On May 11, 2009
switch47:

ARSENAL ROCKS!! Arsenal jo!! Arsenal Jare!!! Arsenal jo!! Gba sibe!!!

Correct! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 7:27pm On May 11, 2009
debosky:

If you're looking for additional admissions of failure after such an extensive list, you'll wait till Wenger admits seeing his player dive or commit a bad foul or go offside.  grin grin

To people yabbing Bendtner - he has 9 goals in the premiership which is the same as RVP and just one below Adebayor - most from sub appearances and a few starts. Given the performance of the 'top 2' strikers, he is more than filling his role as the 3rd or even 4th choice in the team.

Regarding players that MUST be sold, just two come to mind - Diaby and Silvestre. Kolo had a mare, but he can play better than he has in the past few games - Silvestre (frenchie who can't jump) will make Vidic and Carra look bad. angry

Even right now, i feel for Debosky.
What a week this devoted fan has experienced. . . . . .
Lost 1-3 to Man Utd on tuesday, lost 1-4 to Chelsea in the battle of the 3rd place(automatic Champions League spot).
Don't worry. . . . . . .there's light at the end of this dank tunnel. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 7:30pm On May 11, 2009
~Sauron~:

Even right now, i feel for Debosky.
What a week this devoted fan has experienced. . . . . .
Lost 1-3 to Man Utd on tuesday, lost 1-4 to Chelsea in the battle of the 3rd place(automatic Champions League spot).
Don't worry. . . . . . .there's light at the end of this dank tunnel. grin

Who doesnt experience ups and downs?

There is definitely light at the end of the tunnel!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 7:39pm On May 11, 2009
MrCrackles:

Who doesnt experience ups and downs?

I don't. . . . . . .I cannot even remember what it feels like in a trophyless season.

MrCrackles:

Why are you assuming y'all are in a tunnel??. . . . . .I sincerely think y'all are in a bottle. grin grin grin
For Bleep's sake. . . . . . .4 years without a TROPHY.
Y'all should as well turn the empty trophy cabinet at the Emirates to an aquarium.
Goldfish will def'ly look like a winner's medal from afar. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 7:41pm On May 11, 2009
~Sauron~:

I don't. . . . . . .I cannot even remember what it feels like in a trophyless season.

Why are you assuming y'all are in a tunnel??. . . . . .I sincerely think y'all are in a bottle. grin grin grin
For Bleep's sake. . . . . . .4 years without a TROPHY.
Y'all should as well turn the empty trophy cabinet at the Emirates to an aquarium.
Goldfish will def'ly look like a winner's medal from afar. grin grin grin grin grin grin

You are an idiot Sauron!

There is no empty trophy cabinet at the EMIRAATI

And you dont even know what a goldfish looks like

We are a force to reckon with regardless of the shitty week and we will be reminding ya'all soon about it! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 7:49pm On May 11, 2009
MrCrackles:

You are an idiot Sauron!

Stop this brusque behaviour, u silly hilly billy!!!! grin grin grin grin

MrCrackles:

We are a force to reckon with regardless of the shitty week and we will be reminding ya'all soon about it! grin

Reminding us soon about 4 years without a TROPHY and 5 years without a league title.
Shame on WENGER. . . . .Shame on Arsenal FC. cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by switch47(m): 7:59pm On May 11, 2009
MrCrackles:

You are an idiot Sauron!

BRASH FOR PRESIDENT!!    WENGER KNOWS!  jare !    Arsenal  undoubtedly one of the best in the World!!    

Current WCR Top 25   (CURRENT WORLD RANKING)
1. Manchester United
2. Barcelona
3. Chelsea
4. Arsenal
5. Inter Milan
6. Liverpool
7. Sao Paulo
8. Wolfsburg
9. AC Milan
10. Real Madrid

For a club using so called children   It deserves to be in Guiness book of Records jare. it will only take one or two buys from wenger and the Titles starts falling in !! grin grin BRASH NOTHING DO YOU JARE!! ARSENAL JOOOO!!! GBASIBE!! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Moonstone(f): 8:10pm On May 11, 2009
Akolawole:

Do you know that?

# We inflicted on Arsenal yesterday their biggest home loss for decades grin

# 3 seasons ago, we did the same to liverpool at Anfield in the league and

# Until few weeks ago, we also roasted United by 3 goals to 1 at Old tratford.

I hope i am right though.
And yet still 3rd place with such pride.
So far Manchester United has never finished anything less than 3rd in the past 16 years (this year - will be the 17th) and we've won the EPL 10 times out of those last 16 years - Now that's something to be proud of. cheesy cheesy
Y'all need to stop getting happy by records that don't get you trophies.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 8:36pm On May 11, 2009
Gunners for Live!!! - No shakement . . .Nothng do us!!! its wake up call for AW . . .In Arsene i trust!! tongue

Gunners 1800 tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 8:55pm On May 11, 2009
allboyz:

Gunners for Live!!! - No shakement . . .Nothng do us!!! its wake up call for AW . . .In Arsene i trust!! tongue

Gunners 1800 tongue

Roflmaowpimp!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by rasputinn(m): 10:10pm On May 11, 2009
A little digression here,Newcastle has beaten Boro by 3 goals to 1.It was quite an emotional match
With this result,they have leap frogged Hull(who are on a confirmed journey to the championship) and are ALMOST safe in the premiership,all they need is just 3 or more points from their remaining matches and they'll be sure of the GBP 13Million next year for featuring in the EPL
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaydee(m): 10:41pm On May 11, 2009
MrCrackles:

Pray it is not a train

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101)

UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw / Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (3 - 0) On 6th May 2015 / Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 4) On 13th May 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.