Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,447 members, 7,891,882 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 09:50 PM

They Wan Assasinate Oshiomole - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / They Wan Assasinate Oshiomole (7441 Views)

Buhari, APC Plot To Assasinate Ekweremadu - PDP / GEJ And Patience Are Planning To Assasinate Mbaka - Rev Fr Mbaka / Us Regrets Past Actions Against Biafra, As Boko Haram Threatens To Assasinate: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: They Wan Assasinate Oshiomole by chelseabmw(m): 1:29pm On May 11, 2009
@kosovo,
U are just a mediocre, u know nothing about edostate.Even if u are base in edo state maybe in a place like auchi or esako.So come stay n benin and see things.U suck man,

Bleep
Re: They Wan Assasinate Oshiomole by solosimple(m): 1:32pm On May 11, 2009
I think the man is a good man, so I pray that God will continuously keep him in safety and peace.
As touching his perforfance, I don't know so much, so I'ld rather keep quiet.
Re: They Wan Assasinate Oshiomole by solosimple(m): 1:36pm On May 11, 2009

People have every right to question their elected officals. It took almost ten years of mismanagent between Lucky and Osunbor to destroy Edo state. The expectations of Oshiomole have to be realistic. His budget was only approved last month after being held up by the majority PDP in the state assembly. The Oba of Benin had to appeal before the budget was adopted.

Indiscriminate awards of contract without proper planning or oversight will yield the same misery of the past.

The present condition of Edo state has everything to do with Lucky. Lagos state was not as backward as Edo when Fashola took over. The internal resources are not comparable. I lived in Midwest state from 1970 to 1980 and I still have business and family interests in Benin.

It is not cowardice of the past but rather it is still present today. Do you think the common man is currently protesting against Oshiomole today. Most of the attacks are from political opponents fighting for the spoils of power. The doctors are upset becau

GOOD POINTS!
Re: They Wan Assasinate Oshiomole by Nobody: 1:36pm On May 11, 2009
honeric01:

I pity for all these people insulting Oshomole,

he hasn't even used 1 year, yet, they want to kill him, has anyone of you here been to benin? i have people in Benin who said things are changing, though not fast, but changing, you don't expect things to change 100% fast like the one in lagos where most of the house of assemply are from AC. edo state house of rep has alot of pdp members more than AC and they just want to kill off all the zeal he has to change the state.

by the way, you guys only talk about edo state, is that the only state in Nigeria that needs to be spoken about

let the man be if you don't have anything to add to the state rather than bunch of insult on someone you didn't even vote for.

Trust me, people won't talk about him if he isn't in the news every other day. He appears as a man that "can talk but can't walk"
Nigerians are tired of mediocrity. If you can't do the job, resign
Do you know how honorable it would be if Yaradua resigns. He won't because most of them are just in it to enrich their pockets.
If Adams Oshiomole can not do it, he should resign. Otherwise tell him to shut up and do his job.
He's always in one rally or the other talking about crap.
Fashola is always in the news as well but we know his plans and have seen them.
What plan does Adams Oshiomole have.

I have to comment about this statement "i have people in Benin who said things are changing"  :
Of course things have to change. There is no way it can be stagnant.
I bet you're one of those that will applaud the foolish governors that post in the papers and press about their achievements - "building classrooms, scholarships, donating healthcare centers" etc
It bleeping annoys me when i see such. Governors are expected to do these things as part of their job. It is not an achievement and definitely not a change.
Re: They Wan Assasinate Oshiomole by solosimple(m): 1:41pm On May 11, 2009
People have every right to question their elected officals. It took almost ten years of mismanagent between Lucky and Osunbor to destroy Edo state. The expectations of Oshiomole have to be realistic. His budget was only approved last month after being held up by the majority PDP in the state assembly. The Oba of Benin had to appeal before the budget was adopted.

WHAT COULD HE HAVE DONE WITHOUT THE BUDGET BEING APPROVED?
I THINK THE GUY NEEDS SOME TIME.
Re: They Wan Assasinate Oshiomole by chelseabmw(m): 1:46pm On May 11, 2009
TIME? DID U GUYS SAY TIME??

OKAY OH,LET WAIT AND SEE
Re: They Wan Assasinate Oshiomole by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 11, 2009
Of course we'll wait and see but tell him to stop making so much noise. He is always in the news  shocked
Re: They Wan Assasinate Oshiomole by anaruagu99: 3:16pm On May 11, 2009
@kosovo,
U are just a mediocre, u know nothing about edostate.Even if u are base in edo state maybe in a place like auchi or esako.So come stay n benin and see things.U suck man,

Edo state sorryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Re: They Wan Assasinate Oshiomole by Lagosboy: 3:21pm On May 11, 2009
nuzo:

Lagosboy, I dont hear much of you and Jarus these days. What could be holding you guys back?
I dey gbadun una comments most times. cool

I full ground my broda o , me just dey take back seat they observe most times. How u dey nah and how china dey treat u cool
Re: They Wan Assasinate Oshiomole by toxicguy: 4:24pm On May 11, 2009
feel sorry for who. That thing. GOD FORBID. too bad he's still alive. he almost got what he deserved. who can ever forget when he was nlc chairman and all the pain he put people thru, just to satisfy his own greed. everytime strike, everytime strike. useless thing.
Re: They Wan Assasinate Oshiomole by Nobody: 4:59pm On May 11, 2009
toxicguy:

feel sorry for who. That thing. GOD FORBID. too bad he's still alive. he almost got what he deserved. who can ever forget when he was nlc chairman and all the pain he put people thru, just to satisfy his own greed. everytime strike, everytime strike. useless thing.

*shakes head*
Re: They Wan Assasinate Oshiomole by Kobojunkie: 5:26pm On May 11, 2009
@Jazzsoul, in response to your post

Indiscriminate awards of contract without proper planning or oversight will yield the same misery of the past.

The present condition of Edo state has everything to do with Lucky. Lagos state was not as backward as Edo when Fashola took over. The internal resources are not comparable. I lived in Midwest state from 1970 to 1980 and I still have business and family interests in Benin.

It is not cowardice of the past but rather it is still present today. Do you think the common man is currently protesting against Oshiomole today. Most of the attacks are from political opponents fighting for the spoils of power. The doctors are upset because he raised the license fees for private hospitals to a reasonable level.

I think the lines from @Atown’s follow up below sort of sum’s up my stance. And note that I apply this to Oshiomole, yar adua and anyother leader out there.

I think Adams Oshiowhatever should stop talking and get to work.
All i have heard from him is just blab blab blab. Do something and shut the f.c.uk up.
To those claiming that he the previous government destroyed the state, make una shut up. Didn't Adams Oshiomole know that. As a leader, you know what you're getting into and you should have a plan. Obama knew what he was getting into (a dilapidated American image and economy) and he had a plan.

Bugdet approval or none, nothing stops an elected politician from showing from day one that he means business and actually producing results from the first week. I understand it is customary to blame the opposition but the fact remains, he knew of the situation before he signed up and so it is irresponsible to blame the opposition or detractors for wanting results from day one.
Re: They Wan Assasinate Oshiomole by yourangel: 6:48pm On May 11, 2009
do you think Oshiomhole knows where to start from? Edo state has been battered by numerous regimes; not only Lucky or Osunbor. What do think of Oyegun, and a host of military administrators? the last time Edo had good governance was the regime of Ogbemudia (then it was still Bendel State). Today the same Ogbemudia is one of those destroying the same state he pupportedly built then. what a shame! i pity poor oshiomhole, because he doesnt know where to begin from. I think he needs time to plan properly, it is too early to start judging. let's watch and see what happens after one year in office cry cry
May God help him!
Re: They Wan Assasinate Oshiomole by ifyalways(f): 6:55pm On May 11, 2009
Before thay assasinate him,they shld let him do just one thing for Edo state or has he done anything yet?
Re: They Wan Assasinate Oshiomole by yourangel: 6:59pm On May 11, 2009
Ify how are you?
Re: They Wan Assasinate Oshiomole by ifyalways(f): 7:01pm On May 11, 2009
Good.whats ur old moniker?old soup in a new pot ni undecided
Re: They Wan Assasinate Oshiomole by yourangel: 7:09pm On May 11, 2009
how do you mean? i dont seem to understand your idiomatic expression. am good 2 smiley
Re: They Wan Assasinate Oshiomole by Kobojunkie: 7:10pm On May 11, 2009
yourangel:

do you think Oshiomhole knows where to start from? Edo state has been battered by numerous regimes; not only Lucky or Osunbor. What do think of Oyegun, and a host of military administrators? the last time Edo had good governance was the regime of Ogbemudia (then it was still Bendel State). Today the same Ogbemudia is one of those destroying the same state he pupportedly built then. what a shame! i pity poor oshiomhole, because he doesnt know where to begin from. I think he needs time to plan properly, it is too early to start judging. let's watch and see what happens after one year in office cry cry
May God help him!

I hate using the Obama-example but I guess there are not a lot of examples out there to better help drive home my point here. So here goes!
Do you think Obama would have come remotely close to winning the election if he had no clue of how bad the problem was? Do you think if he had planned to wait to get into office first, and then waited for budget approval to decide what to do, he would have won the election?

We need to move from this old “The problem is too much” mentality “WE NEED SOMEONE WHO CAN HIT THE GROUND RUNNING” attitude. There is no excuse for any politician to get into office and 100 days later not have something solid to show for all that time in office, no excuse whatsoever! No company would employ anyone who would 30 days down the road complain that budget for projects have yet to be approved is reason why there are no plans and nothing to show for all that time on the clock. A reputable company would likely fire such a person.
Re: They Wan Assasinate Oshiomole by yourangel: 7:34pm On May 11, 2009
@Kobojunkie
shebi Obama has rescusitated America in his few months as president? why would people know the truth and try to hide it because of bad belle they have against someone. what are you expecting Oshiomhole to produce to you in few months. you are talking of Obama as if he has turned America to something else since January - he is still planning. Are you educated sir? did you learn problem solving? have you heard of srategic planning before? do you want Oshiomhole to use his personal funds for Edo state projects? Or you would support the state projects with your own hard earned money? The State House only approved budject last week and you are here talking about Obama? Is Oshiomhole Obama? Is Edo State United States? If yes. then bring Obama to Edo State without the necessary co-operation from the House of Assembly. He would be handicapped and able to execute nothing. However, let's watch and see what happens henceforth, since he has gotten approval for budject now angry
Re: They Wan Assasinate Oshiomole by yourangel: 7:45pm On May 11, 2009
abeg make i continue my gist with you jare! Ify, you have not answered my question o?
Re: They Wan Assasinate Oshiomole by Kobojunkie: 7:46pm On May 11, 2009
yourangel:

@Kobojunkie
shebi Obama has rescusitated America in his few months as president? why would people know the truth and try to hide it because of bad belle they have against someone. what are you expecting Oshiomhole to produce to you in few months. you are talking of Obama as if he has turned America to something else since January - he is still planning. Are you educated sir? did you learn problem solving?

You seriously believe I am the one here with bad reasoning? May I suggest you think again? Definitely Obama has not RESCUSITATED AMERICA and I do not believe he can do that either since the American economy is not controlled by the government. If you knew that, you would have noticed the error in your statement there. The president has however done so much since he took office. He has addressed most all of the promises he made during his campaign. I did not even vote for him and still am not a fan of his but I can definitely tell you this because it is the truth.

yourangel:

have you heard of srategic planning before? do you want Oshiomhole to use his personal funds for Edo state projects? Or you would support the state projects with your own hard earned money? The State House only approved budject last week and you are here talking about Obama? Is Oshiomhole Obama? Is Edo State United States? If yes. then bring Obama to Edo State without the necessary co-operation from the House of Assembly. He would be handicapped and able to execute nothing. However, let's watch and see what happens henceforth, since he has gotten approval for budject now angry

Now passing off all opposition as simply bad belle is signs that you are not yourself being honest. I am not sure where you are or what company you work for but can you tell me for a fact that you can get a job with a reputable company today, sit back for 30 days without some actual work done within that period?

If you read my thread well, you will see that you are proving my point on why the Obama example is not always a good idea. I will try this another way so you can maybe better understand why your reasoning there remains flawed.  Are you saying Fashola waited till budget was approved before he made public his plans? YES OR NO. What about contracts with budget already approved by the ex administration? Do you mean he could not have worked on ensuring even those were properly applied or investigated even as he waited for the new budget to be approved?

I say you go back, read my post and then investigate how government works again. Just because we have a new governor does not mean it is not work as usual. Do you think all other state workers sit at stand still until the new budget is approved when a new governor comes in?
Re: They Wan Assasinate Oshiomole by honeric01(m): 8:08pm On May 11, 2009
A-town:

Trust me, people won't talk about him if he isn't in the news every other day. He appears as a man that "can talk but can't walk"
Nigerians are tired of mediocrity. If you can't do the job, resign
Do you know how honorable it would be if Yaradua resigns. He won't because most of them are just in it to enrich their pockets.
If Adams Oshiomole can not do it, he should resign. Otherwise tell him to shut up and do his job.
He's always in one rally or the other talking about crap.
Fashola is always in the news as well but we know his plans and have seen them.
What plan does Adams Oshiomole have.

I have to comment about this statement "i have people in Benin who said things are changing"  :
Of course things have to change. There is no way it can be stagnant.
I bet you're one of those that will applaud the foolish governors that post in the papers and press about their achievements - "building classrooms, scholarships, donating healthcare centers" etc
It bleeping annoys me when i see such. Governors are expected to do these things as part of their job. It is not an achievement and definitely not a change.

we can all sit here and wail and make noise till jesus comes, you can't work in a place where forces are fighting against progress,  imagine a state who just passed the budget last week since they have been collecting salaries for like 6 months ago. we should stop making noise as if we know what government is all about. can anyone of you guys making noise here successfully manage a home without coperation from your wife and kids? not to talk of the majority of the house of rep.  if you think you can change anything in benin within 5 months of power, then why are you not in politics?
Re: They Wan Assasinate Oshiomole by Kobojunkie: 8:13pm On May 11, 2009
honeric01:

we can all sit here and wail and make noise till jesus come, you can't work in a place where forces are fighting against progress, imagine a state who just passed the budget last week since they have been collecting salaries for like 6 months ago.

So you do admit that the same state workers ( governor included) has been collecting salary for the past 6 months? What work has he done in that same amount of time to show for the money he has been collecting as pay during the same period? Can you please provide a concise answer to the questions?

honeric01:

we should stop making noise as if we know what government is all about. can anyone of you guys making noise here successfully manage a home without coperation from your wife and kids? not to talk of the majority of the house of rep. if you think you can change anything in benin within 5 months of power, then why are you not in politics?

So in essence you are saying Yar adua is unable to successfully manage Nigeria simply because Nigerians are not united behind him? Are you willing to apply the same excuses you so willingly apply to this man to Yar adua himself? YES OR NO?
Re: They Wan Assasinate Oshiomole by honeric01(m): 8:17pm On May 11, 2009
I won't crucify Oshomole until after 1 year in power, all these noise you guys are making won't make him short or tall, either is it going to change his name from being Oshomole.  

Most of you here haven't even been to Benin city, yet you wail as if you know jack about the state,  since you don't even know the state, how then do you expect to know if he's been doing anything major or minor or is it because you are yet to hear from Ndlers of what he must have been doing

for your information, he gave those people (contractors) yet to complete their various projects deadlines to complete the projects or get arrested with no sigh of bail.
Re: They Wan Assasinate Oshiomole by Kobojunkie: 8:29pm On May 11, 2009
honeric01:

I won't crucify Oshomole until after 1 year in power, all these noise you guys are making won't make him short or tall, either is it going to change his name from being Oshomole.   

Sigh!!! And herein lies the difference; something I think we seriously need to change. Over here, we require that from day one, our politicians start to prove to their worth to us, not after one year in office. If you remember well, we did that whole bit on not crucifying yar adua until after one year and he has been there for 2 years, collecting salary and benefits pay,  yet he has still to show us he is worth anything to us. Fashola on the other hand, came in to the most difficult and most populated state in that country. Within the first couple of weeks, he was able to prove that he was about action and not just for words.  You say you are not willing to crucify Oshiomole until after 1 year in power, fine!! I on the other day choose to see this as a business venture and would demand my employees start proving their worth from the first day. It has been 6 months—during which time oshiomole has been collecting his pay and his benefits. What has he got to show for the money we have spent on his so far? Notice this is not asking for miracles. Just what portion of the job he was hired to do. . . his responsibilities … can he boast of having taken care of so far? If we evaluated his time in office so far, can we say he has passed or are we only able to come back with excuses and nothing substantial for 6 months paid period? Have you ever personally worked at any company where you do nothing for 6 months and your Oga pays you for doing just that?

honeric01:

Most of you here haven't even been to Benin city, yet you wail as if you know jack about the state,  since you don't even know the state, how then do you expect to know if he's been doing anything major or minor or is it because you are yet to hear from Ndlers of what he must have been doing

Why these pathetic attempts to discredit those who question your man now?

honeric01:

for your information, he gave those people (contractors) yet to complete their various projects deadlines to complete the projects or get arrested with no sigh of bail.
Oh boy!!! Still more excuses. I ask you again, what is the government doing to ensure these contracts are completed and done right within the expected period? Telling them this and that is nothing different from what we know of doing so well in that country to date, unless you are trying to tell me that Oshiomole is no different from his predecessor when it comes to managing state projects.
Re: They Wan Assasinate Oshiomole by kosovo(m): 9:56pm On May 11, 2009
chelseabmw:

@kosovo,

mess
RETARD!
what a waste of time.
Re: They Wan Assasinate Oshiomole by Lenny5000(m): 10:48pm On May 11, 2009
No need to get too hot about this, An attempt was made on his life. but he didn’t go about crying about it period! If you are not from Edo State and don’t know it's history, then you might wanna take some time to find out, Oshiomole will remove Edo Sate from its shackles of Bondage and it's not going to happen over night, Give him 1-2yrs before judging him, Again you have to know where the State is coming from before wanting over night success, If he is able to achieve half of Fashola’s success, I will applaud him, because truth be told, they’ve totally destroyed the state. You have to be strong, courageous and have a thick skin to move that State forward cause there are obstacles almost everywhere you turn, some from people that are supposed to be moving the state forward. Obama has money to work, he has patriotic, people, America is over 200yrs, and most things on the ground are already working, If Obama enter Benin, dude go run cos im no go sabi where to start from. I am not making excuses for Oshiomole, but if u know the history of Edo Sate then,

The Comrade Governor will do fine, by next year we will visit this topic again, meanwhile no need for fights/insults as if he has been there for almost 4yrs
Re: They Wan Assasinate Oshiomole by walata44(m): 11:09pm On May 11, 2009
Reading thru all the comments, I can see that people want miracle to happen in Edo State. What people forget is that this same state has been destroy over the years by successive govt. Also has any of you that want miracle overnight ask yourself how much is the allocation to the state monthly? and how much is the state paying to the civil servant in the state? Ishmael said the allocation to the state has drop to N1.7b from N3.5b due to slump in oil market and need to raise revenue true taxes but people don't want to pay. If anyone of you here get any genuine idea not all this name calling should contact the state govt.
Re: They Wan Assasinate Oshiomole by honeric01(m): 11:37pm On May 11, 2009
I have one more thing to add, those who are using Lagos state and fashola as an example for Edo state and Oshomole should be realistic and stop being bias. how do you expect Edo state to be like lagos?? even in 10 years, it's not possible. THERE IS NO ONE BRIDGE IN EDO STATE RIGHT FROM IT EXISTENCE, so you expect Oshomole to just turn Benin into an overnight Lagos state,

Now, let me come to why Edo state can never be like Lagos state for at least 15 years,

Revenue allocation is never balance, Lagos's revenue tripples the one in Edo state

Investment opportunities in Lagos is 10 times greater than what we have in edo state

Human resources is 10 times greater than what we have in edo state

Manpower is 10 times greater than Edo state

Federal allocation is 4 times greater than Lagos state

the stage lagos state was at before Fashola got in is 15 times better than what Edo state looked like before Oshomole entered.

The co operation in Lagos state's government is 3 times better than what we have in Edo state,

I can continue naming, but i don't want to give excuse for failure in any way,

what i am trying to say here is just to correct people trying to use Lagos state as a yardstick for what Edo state should look like within a few period of time.

GIVE oSHOMOLE TIME, HE IS GOING TO CARRY OUT HIS PROMISES ONCE THE HINDRANCES GIVE WAY A LITTLE.
Re: They Wan Assasinate Oshiomole by Kobojunkie: 11:40pm On May 11, 2009
ugh!! I give up!!
Re: They Wan Assasinate Oshiomole by na2day2(m): 11:50pm On May 11, 2009
when did Oshiomole become a governor? i totally was ignorant of it embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: They Wan Assasinate Oshiomole by honeric01(m): 12:09am On May 12, 2009
na2day?:

when did Oshiomole become a governor? i totally was ignorant of it embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

the week you went into coma for 9 months grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fg Begins Payment Of N65,000 Monthly Allowance To Ex-militants / Nta Tv rejected the campaign jingle of the bb team. / Ojukwu’s Death Is A Big Loss To Nigeria - Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.