Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,914 members, 7,935,903 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 06:23 PM

South African Lawmakers Worried About What Could Happen To Shoprite, Stanbic etc - Investment (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / South African Lawmakers Worried About What Could Happen To Shoprite, Stanbic etc (51562 Views)

Why Invest In Treasury Bills When Theres Stanbic's Mutual Funds? / Feb 2016 Fixed Deposit Rates: GTB, Diamond, Firstbank, Stanbic, Sterling, Wema (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South African Lawmakers Worried About What Could Happen To Shoprite, Stanbic etc by Melonny(m): 12:57pm On Nov 05, 2015
That investor would be mad in his mind to come and risk his/her money into the zoo. Lets see who will come with buckets of cash to nigeria. The damage has been done already, to repear it it takes 5yrs to 8yrs. LOL........I DON'T THINK YOU KNOW THE FUNDAMENTALS OF INVESTMENTS. DUE TO SYSTEMATIC RISK like inflation, exchange risk and even boko haram. INVESTORS WILL NOT STOP THEIR INVESTMENTS BUT DEMAND FOR HIGHER RATE OF RETURN FOR THEIR INVESTMENTS. SO NA SOLDIER GO SOLDIER COME. Even when we reduce the current bribery, corruption and stuffs like what mtn did, there will be confidence that an investor can make a return of his money thus making the rate of return that might increase to fall.
Re: South African Lawmakers Worried About What Could Happen To Shoprite, Stanbic etc by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:34pm On Nov 05, 2015
cousjwhite:
MTN was a signatory to the sim card regulation deadline, yet it broke the rule.

*In mama peace' voice*

WHO DEY FOOL WHO

Can you just imagine that?
Re: South African Lawmakers Worried About What Could Happen To Shoprite, Stanbic etc by kushe: 2:58pm On Nov 05, 2015
I have been away from this forum for a minute,but I just can't take the foolishness of nigerian youth anymore. For all of you asking for the head of MTN,I hope buhari doesn't foolishly listen to yo all.how can you charge a 1 trillion dollars fine,for what! It is alarming that NCC would slam such a ridiculous amount on MtN,in other words they are educating the masses on how to reap where you have not sown.
As a disclaimer,I am Nigerian,I have never owned an MTN line and I do not work in telecoms . NCC are a bunch of jokers,MTN wild be extremely foolish to pay this fine and Nigeria will be far too myopic to endorse the collective death of enterprise. The joker called Mugabe seized land belonging to white Rhodesians for generations when he had nothing else to offer after years of kleptocracy,but with the redistribution ,where is Zimbabwe today? Didn't Venezuela nationalize the oil companies,where are they today? The foolish guy that started their headache is dead and gone but the people s till dey suffer.
What could be more moribund than Nitel and you people are hoping SA wild abandon their sweat so like Nigerians do,u can joyfully eat a meal prepared by another.afterall we hear stories everyday of hardworking men dying only for their loved ones to be rendered incapacitated by hawk eyed scavengers that call themselves brothers of the deceased.
Even if they gave you a trillion dollars!you would squander it without the ability to work hard,develop infrastructure and plan for the future.i hope MTN leaves so you can understand what a tsunami of economic disasters feel like.Apart from GT bank,I seriously want to be educated about how many globally acclaimed brands have emanated from Nigeria. What a shame,but post arpatheid,the South Africans are still schooling us. Just tell me the worthy replacement of dstv ,I laugh at the level of economic ignorance exhibited here by supposedly well educated but in my own opinion broader picture bankrupt Nigerians.
Re: South African Lawmakers Worried About What Could Happen To Shoprite, Stanbic etc by Adesiji77: 2:59pm On Nov 05, 2015
Misterlaby:
I kinda feel pity for mtn but rules are rules and they already knew all that

200k per Sim on an unduly registered Sim on the network..

And since they have 5.1million cases of that...

Do the math wink

Yello network pay up jor

Thumbs up...God bless you for this comment.
Re: South African Lawmakers Worried About What Could Happen To Shoprite, Stanbic etc by Horus(m): 3:00pm On Nov 05, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwD40vMGMGE

[size=15pt]Nigeria Fines MTN $5.2bn - (Keeping It Real With Adeola)[/size]
Re: South African Lawmakers Worried About What Could Happen To Shoprite, Stanbic etc by jpphilips(m): 3:10pm On Nov 05, 2015
magaliyu:
They should have thought about this when they collaborate with some Nigerians in there shady weapon deal,economic monopoly and emperialism of Dstv and Mtn,thank God startime and globacom are onboard the day of reconning is here.
Sorry no offence,is not protectionism is call self defence.

Quit deceiving yourself, to a black person expensive means extortion, nobody actually care about service delivery, if MTN would survive the next one month here is a test I want you to do.

Recharge an MTN line and a Glo line on the same day, subscribe for monthly internet and have enough for 1 minute call daily for one month.

Each day you wake up for the 30 days you subscribed, visit Nairaland for 30mins with both networks and take note once you log off, make a minute call with both networks, you will be amazed what you will get.
Re: South African Lawmakers Worried About What Could Happen To Shoprite, Stanbic etc by jpphilips(m): 3:39pm On Nov 05, 2015
kushe:
I have been away from this forum for a minute,but I just can't take the foolishness of nigerian youth anymore. For all of you asking for the head of MTN,I hope buhari doesn't foolishly listen to yo all.how can you charge a 1 trillion dollars fine,for what! It is alarming that NCC would slam such a ridiculous amount on MtN,in other words they are educating the masses on how to reap where you have not sown.
As a disclaimer,I am Nigerian,I have never owned an MTN line and I do not work in telecoms . NCC are a bunch of jokers,MTN wild be extremely foolish to pay this fine and Nigeria will be far too myopic to endorse the collective death of enterprise. The joker called Mugabe seized land belonging to white Rhodesians for generations when he had nothing else to offer after years of kleptocracy,but with the redistribution ,where is Zimbabwe today? Didn't Venezuela nationalize the oil companies,where are they today? The foolish guy that started their headache is dead and gone but the people s till dey suffer.
What could be more moribund than Nitel and you people are hoping SA wild abandon their sweat so like Nigerians do,u can joyfully eat a meal prepared by another.afterall we hear stories everyday of hardworking men dying only for their loved ones to be rendered incapacitated by hawk eyed scavengers that call themselves brothers of the deceased.
Even if they gave you a trillion dollars!you would squander it without the ability to work hard,develop infrastructure and plan for the future.i hope MTN leaves so you can understand what a tsunami of economic disasters feel like.Apart from GT bank,I seriously want to be educated about how many globally acclaimed brands have emanated from Nigeria. What a shame,but post arpatheid,the South Africans are still schooling us. Just tell me the worthy replacement of dstv ,I laugh at the level of economic ignorance exhibited here by supposedly well educated but in my own opinion broader picture bankrupt Nigerians.

Nigeria has the highest number of !diots in her population, I know this for a fact without any statistics, just see how they drive on the road you wont be marveled at the level of !diocy inherent in most of them.
MTN should go then what happens to their staff, will NCC absorb them? what happens to indirect employment viz running cost, service contractors etc?
These are the same !diots looking for jobs, they quickly forgot that MTN has thousands of base stations equipped with Generators and transformers serviced and maintained by companies that can employ them.
Rules are rules but when you want to mete out sanctions you do a comprehensive assessment of the situation, no doubt MTN should be fined but $5.2b? that's insane, it may make sense in developed economies but not Nigeria struggling with acute unemployment.
NCC chairman deserves to be fired!!
Re: South African Lawmakers Worried About What Could Happen To Shoprite, Stanbic etc by galadima77(m): 4:17pm On Nov 05, 2015
And dont even think about taxing ur subscribers cos i dont recharge my mtn line again
Re: South African Lawmakers Worried About What Could Happen To Shoprite, Stanbic etc by adaweezy(m): 5:54pm On Nov 05, 2015
14:

Can the government or any other company run it the way the ran it, mmmhhh. wait for it to collapse with 12 months. Mtn shares expertise and brings it to nigeria.
Is first bank, Union bank, heritage bank dead
Re: South African Lawmakers Worried About What Could Happen To Shoprite, Stanbic etc by adaweezy(m): 5:57pm On Nov 05, 2015
jpphilips:

Nigeria has the highest number of !diots in her population, I know this for a fact without any statistics, just see how they drive on the road you wont be marveled at the level of !diocy inherent in most of them.
MTN should go then what happens to their staff, will NCC absorb them? what happens to indirect employment viz running cost, service contractors etc?
These are the same !diots looking for jobs, they quickly forgot that MTN has thousands of base stations equipped with Generators and transformers serviced and maintained by companies that can employ them.
Rules are rules but when you want to mete out sanctions you do a comprehensive assessment of the situation, no doubt MTN should be fined but $5.2b? that's insane, it may make sense in developed economies but not Nigeria struggling with acute unemployment.
NCC chairman deserves to be fired!!
When First bank was nationalized did the Company die?
the staff will be reabsorbed.........
Anyway you all know how Amcon was Created to manage this kind of problems and ensure insolvent or dying companies(National Interest) remain afloat so as to keep their values intact

1 Like

Re: South African Lawmakers Worried About What Could Happen To Shoprite, Stanbic etc by adaweezy(m): 6:01pm On Nov 05, 2015
kushe:
Educated person
But Volkswagen faces a three trillion Naira Fine in the US for breaking US regulations on emissions http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/volkswagen-emissions-scandal-carmaker-could-be-subject-to-heavy-fines-says-transport-secretary-a6691506.html
1 Trillion Naira is not much besides AMCON was created for a purpose

1 Like

Re: South African Lawmakers Worried About What Could Happen To Shoprite, Stanbic etc by logica(m): 6:29pm On Nov 05, 2015
Who are all these noisemakers here? NCC put down a regulation stipulating that failure to fully disconnect unregistered customers will attract a fine of 200k per customer. The question is, was MTN aware of this when they decided not to deactivate 5.1 million unregistered customers?

And for those who don't fully understand MTN's folly, it was discovered that all Boko Haram communication took place on MTN lines.
Re: South African Lawmakers Worried About What Could Happen To Shoprite, Stanbic etc by Michaelgates(m): 7:42pm On Nov 05, 2015
Make una pay ojare! Stop all this noise. When una they seize people credit nko? Una no remember. And e remain dstv oo. You know how much be full bouque for one month? Them they pay that kind money for their country? Them just they suck our money wit scope. Make una pay jare!
Re: South African Lawmakers Worried About What Could Happen To Shoprite, Stanbic etc by Michaelgates(m): 8:12pm On Nov 05, 2015
kushe:
are u sure u are a Nigerian? Becus if u are u would know the economic situation of Nigeria. Nigera is losing money as long as thiis clowns are here. What is wrong wit using Nigerian product? And pls try and buy an mtn sim, use it and see

1 Like

Re: South African Lawmakers Worried About What Could Happen To Shoprite, Stanbic etc by bummyla(m): 8:19pm On Nov 05, 2015
If You Break The Law! You Pay For It! Period! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: South African Lawmakers Worried About What Could Happen To Shoprite, Stanbic etc by kushe: 9:11pm On Nov 05, 2015
@adaweezy
If I start with you,u go fear ooo.There are people who regurgitate information without having the capacity to analyse and link different events.it is so easy to tell you do not have a clue about international events mentioning us,vw and MTN nigeria.
I don't want to waste coordinated eye hand activity on someone who would obviously not get it.I realize you will get what I just insinuated on the 10th of November.So wallow in ur obvious ignorance.
Re: South African Lawmakers Worried About What Could Happen To Shoprite, Stanbic etc by banio: 9:12pm On Nov 05, 2015
wordcat:
No need worrying, Nigeria is an amusement park where everything is possible if you knw your way.

Lol
Re: South African Lawmakers Worried About What Could Happen To Shoprite, Stanbic etc by terwasee(m): 10:18pm On Nov 05, 2015
ValerianSteel:
Can they stop singing reggae blues already.

Pay the fine cause this is a new Nigeria,there's no bribing or conniving your way out of this,they can't even go to court,)that would make their case worse.

MTN had better acted responsible enough and pay up these fine cause if it were customers owing MTN,they'd find a way to collect the money in double.
the 50 50naira wayo caller tune and wiliness tips money that is deducting from my account without my knowledge will be replaced when the fine is paid
Re: South African Lawmakers Worried About What Could Happen To Shoprite, Stanbic etc by ebuks001: 10:33pm On Nov 05, 2015
dstv .....is next ....they are worst than mtn
Re: South African Lawmakers Worried About What Could Happen To Shoprite, Stanbic etc by terwasee(m): 10:37pm On Nov 05, 2015
Michaelgates:
are u sure u are a Nigerian? Becus if u are u would know the economic situation of Nigeria. Nigera is losing money as long as thiis clowns are here. What is wrong wit using Nigerian product? And pls try and buy an mtn sim, use it and see
I wish you are using MTN sim you could understand why everyone is complained. You make mentioned of GT bank but you forgot that Glo is also owned by naija
Re: South African Lawmakers Worried About What Could Happen To Shoprite, Stanbic etc by adaweezy(m): 10:45pm On Nov 05, 2015
kushe:
@adaweezy
If I start with you,u go fear ooo.There are people who regurgitate information without having the capacity to analyse and link different events.it is so easy to tell you do not have a clue about international events mentioning us,vw and MTN nigeria.
I don't want to waste coordinated eye hand activity on someone who would obviously not get it.I realize you will get what I just insinuated on the 10th of November.So wallow in ur obvious ignorance.
Oga enlightened we no say you sabi english wella.
Address issues and dont attack my Character
Why don't you address issues rather than attacking the personalities and characters of Nigerian youths, your behaviour and improper use of words show how despicable many can be when tackling salient issues.
Nigerian is rotten yes we know but to justify law breakers at the expense of peanuts being collected in form of taxes meanwhile not forgetting the many shell companies being used in siphoning funds profited from Nigeria is pathetic and a parochial mode of thinking.
Even if the fine is not paid, it only means one thing Nigerian Laws and regulations enacted for a purpose will be implemented with full force no matter the Body
On a lighter mood Why is Germany not claiming that the US government is witch hunting Volkswagen and threatening German Interests in US??

1 Like

Re: South African Lawmakers Worried About What Could Happen To Shoprite, Stanbic etc by kushe: 4:26am On Nov 06, 2015
@adaweezy
The Yorubas have a question they would ask in a situation like this, ' ki lagbe,ki le ju?' .it could also be likened to killing a sugar ant witha sledge hammer. Takata a Japanese airbag manufacturer has been embattled for months and a massive recall of cars with their airbags was mandated. Some people even come congress come testify say takata a dey culpable following injury or death sustained following accidents.Now the lives of U.S. citizens are involved here and the recall is like 16 million vehicles,how much dem fine dem?
Vw for a few years was the highest selling car manufacturer in the world and to operate in certain markets,your technology ought to meet a minimum benchmark.quite frankly vw lied that their diesel vehicles were more environmentally friendly than they actually are.Let me school you a bit, Germany is more technologically advanced than the U.S. and they practically control the European union.germany will not take kindly to any product falling beneath e.u standards cos that is just who they are. Several items are banned annually for failing to meet european standards such as beef,toys etc
How many Americans dey drive diesel sedans?so why is the vw penalty so plenty? The U.S. discovered a window of opportunity in their protectionist agenda. Americans despite the Gms ,Ford and Chryslers are choosing to buy Mercedes,Bmws ,and Vws which include Audis and Porsches. All these vehicles are German and superior to their American contemporaries. Do you think for the life of you that if Chrysler was the offending brand that you would hear all this noise? Naaaaaaa !
Re: South African Lawmakers Worried About What Could Happen To Shoprite, Stanbic etc by kushe: 4:55am On Nov 06, 2015
@adaweezy
The U.S. is a huge country with several states more advanced than most countries. What you see on CNN is just the tipof the iceberg with the deep workings of government oblivious to most people. There are a group of people in Washington known as lobbyists ,some of them earning more than the u.s president and their only work is to push the agenda of whatever interest group it is they represent. Every few months a school shooting takes place in America the great,yet dem no ban guns, why ? Some Eco obsessed billionaires secretly fund the worst of the lobbyists known as environmental lobbyist and they no dey gree at all. I personally with a lot of people in the us believe the environmental agenda is way over rated but these people have managed to make it a front burner issue.That is why way before all the penalties were announced, British petroleum jejely started selling assets and telling their shareholders that the Gulf of Mexico disaster had put the company on a very long ting that they have since not recovered from.
Contrast that with Nigeria,no enabling business environment,ad hoc ever evolving business policies. What do we stand for as a people,how have we helped MTN make the billions that they make? Which infrastructure dem meet for ground,power you no give dem,security no dey,many base station operatives were kidnapped in the restive Niger delta those days and we all keep shouting South Africa.
Wetin South Africa do una? Naa crime to get senior brother?
Re: South African Lawmakers Worried About What Could Happen To Shoprite, Stanbic etc by adaweezy(m): 7:19am On Nov 06, 2015
kushe:
@adaweezy
The Yorubas have a question they would ask in a situation like this, ' ki lagbe,ki le ju?' .it could also be likened to killing a sugar ant witha sledge hammer. Takata a Japanese airbag manufacturer has been embattled for months and a massive recall of cars with their airbags was mandated. Some people even come congress come testify say takata a dey culpable following injury or death sustained following accidents.Now the lives of U.S. citizens are involved here and the recall is like 16 million vehicles,how much dem fine dem?
Vw for a few years was the highest selling car manufacturer in the world and to operate in certain markets,your technology ought to meet a minimum benchmark.quite frankly vw lied that their diesel vehicles were more environmentally friendly than they actually are.Let me school you a bit, Germany is more technologically advanced than the U.S. and they practically control the European union.germany will not take kindly to any product falling beneath e.u standards cos that is just who they are. Several items are banned annually for failing to meet european standards such as beef,toys etc
How many Americans dey drive diesel sedans?so why is the vw penalty so plenty? The U.S. discovered a window of opportunity in their protectionist agenda. Americans despite the Gms ,Ford and Chryslers are choosing to buy Mercedes,Bmws ,and Vws which include Audis and Porsches. All these vehicles are German and superior to their American contemporaries. Do you think for the life of you that if Chrysler was the offending brand that you would hear all this noise? Naaaaaaa !
On the first bolded it seems you dont get it according to NCC regulations (Sim Registration regulations) which MTN signed to be binding on them stipulated that for every sim card improperly registered and not deactivated a fine of 200,000 would be imposed/payable.Fortunately or unfortunate MTN had 5 million improperly unregistered sims which where not deactivated as at when due.
The law is very simple, it not like the NCC just woke up one day and unilaterally imposed the fine on them

Second Bolded Chai you are already crying witch hunting on behalf of VW and the united states is ensuring that its protectionist agenda is hunting down Volkswagen.Meanwhile read this sept 23 article on the VW Scandal

[b]In the aftermath of the corruption and emissions cheating scandal that has rocked automobile corporation, Volkswagen, the company’s CEO, Martin Winterkorn, has resigned. Says Winterkorn in his resignation statement released on September 23, 2015:

“I am shocked by the events of the past few days. Above all, I am stunned that misconduct on such a scale was possible in the Volkswagen Group. As CEO I accept responsibility for the irregularities that have been found in diesel engines and have therefore requested the Supervisory Board to agree on terminating my function as CEO of the Volkswagen Group. I am doing this in the interests of the company even though I am not aware of any wrong doing on my part. Volkswagen needs a fresh start – also in terms of personnel. I am clearing the way for this fresh start with my resignation. I have always been driven by my desire to serve this company, especially our customers and employees. Volkswagen has been, is and will always be my life. The process of clarification and transparency must continue. This is the only way to win back trust. I am convinced that the Volkswagen Group and its team will overcome this grave crisis.”

Mr. Winterkorn’s resignation has been greeted by widespread condemnation among the users of Volkswagen products in Nigeria. Many of the supporters of Volkswagen products in Nigeria allege widespread irregularities and bias in the probe of Volkswagen by the American authorities. The general opinion of the aggrieved Nigerians is that the honest admission of guilt by Mr. Winterkorn notwithstanding, he has been a victim of an unfair witch hunt and lack of due process by the American investigators.

Some of the aggrieved Nigerians wonder why the emission probe has to start with Volkswagen cars when it is common knowledge that the Bedford logging trucks (agbegilodo) used by loggers all over Nigeria in the 1960s and 1970s never passed emission tests yet Bedford was never investigated by the Western governments of the era. Many aggrieved Nigerians also recall that in the heyday of Peugeot 504 GL and Peugeot 504 SR in the 1970s and 1980s, the French company was never able to manufacture safe and secure doors. The door was always the weakest part of that brand. Yet Peugeot was never investigated by the powers that be.

Other Nigerians are mad over the timing of the Volkswagen probe. They allege that the witch hunt against Volkswagen is buttressed further by the fact that a comprehensive, unbiased, and fair probe of the auto industry ought to have started with the first car built by Henry Ford in 1896. It is generally known that Mr. Ford’s car was deficient and caused a lot of environmental issues in 1896 and 1897. The Nigerians insist that no probe of the auto industry would be acceptable that does not begin with Mr. Ford’s 1896 car.

The aggrieved Nigerians are planning massive protests in support of Mr. Winterkorn and Volkswagen. Arrangements have been made to sponsor paid advertorials in newspapers in support of Volkswagen. When reminded that the corruption and irregularities at Volkswagen which led the said auto maker to rig emission tests in the US may have caused damage to the environment and even led to some deaths, one of the Nigerian supporters of Volkswagen responded:

“Ehen, before nko? And so? Is it only Volkswagen emission that has been killing people? What about emission by other cars? What is bad is bad. This is a clear case of witch hunt against Volkswagen. We will not take it![/b]”
Re: South African Lawmakers Worried About What Could Happen To Shoprite, Stanbic etc by adaweezy(m): 7:23am On Nov 06, 2015
kushe:
@adaweezy
The U.S. is a huge country with several states more advanced than most countries. What you see on CNN is just the tipof the iceberg with the deep workings of government oblivious to most people. There are a group of people in Washington known as lobbyists ,some of them earning more than the u.s president and their only work is to push the agenda of whatever interest group it is they represent. Every few months a school shooting takes place in America the great,yet dem no ban guns, why ? Some Eco obsessed billionaires secretly fund the worst of the lobbyists known as environmental lobbyist and they no dey gree at all. I personally with a lot of people in the us believe the environmental agenda is way over rated but these people have managed to make it a front burner issue.That is why way before all the penalties were announced, British petroleum jejely started selling assets and telling their shareholders that the Gulf of Mexico disaster had put the company on a very long ting that they have since not recovered from.
Contrast that with Nigeria,no enabling business environment,ad hoc ever evolving business policies. What do we stand for as a people,how have we helped MTN make the billions that they make? Which infrastructure dem meet for ground,power you no give dem,security no dey,many base station operatives were kidnapped in the restive Niger delta those days and we all keep shouting South Africa.
Wetin South Africa do una? Naa crime to get senior brother?
First bolded I dont watch CNN......
second bolded that is why the NCC does not regulate most tariffs and pricing schemes besides investors in Nigeria receive favourable tax relief from the government for a limited time
Re: South African Lawmakers Worried About What Could Happen To Shoprite, Stanbic etc by Xvenus(f): 11:07am On Nov 06, 2015
kushe:

Calm down and stop your foolish inference/ logic.

MTN makes that amount charged in the fines in just 2 days, so they are fully capable of paying. They have severally violated regulations and totally ignore complaints laid against them. Treat Nigerian government agencies like flies on their backs. Since they agreed to this, they should pay up and stop whining unnecessarily.

As for great Nigerian brands, there are many more than Gtbank. Do your research well before you open your mouth.

1 Like

Re: South African Lawmakers Worried About What Could Happen To Shoprite, Stanbic etc by MPSA(m): 11:58am On Nov 06, 2015
Poor africans are doing everything to get money, the can also sell their teaspoons just to get money grin
Re: South African Lawmakers Worried About What Could Happen To Shoprite, Stanbic etc by jpphilips(m): 6:09pm On Nov 06, 2015
adaweezy:

When First bank was nationalized did the Company die?
the staff will be reabsorbed.........
Anyway you all know how Amcon was Created to manage this kind of problems and ensure insolvent or dying companies(National Interest) remain afloat so as to keep their values intact

First bank was nationalized in what year sir!!?
Re: South African Lawmakers Worried About What Could Happen To Shoprite, Stanbic etc by manie(m): 7:21pm On Nov 06, 2015
kushe:
@adaweezy
Please start and educate people like me, because I do not want to wallow in my obvious ignorance. How come Airtel, Globacom and Etisalat complied, but almighty MTN failed to comply with NCC directives. Are the operators aware of the penalty for failure to comply with the directive? Is this the first time MTN will flout directives from the industry regulator? Do you think, it should be business as usually for Nigerian owned and foreigners' owned businesses in Nigeria?
Re: South African Lawmakers Worried About What Could Happen To Shoprite, Stanbic etc by manie(m): 7:31pm On Nov 06, 2015
jpphilips:

In 1976 during the indigenisation policy of Obasanjo. The policy made it possible for Nigerians to own shares in the following companies, PZ, Unilever, Gsk, Nigeria Brewery, Guinness, Vitafoam, First Bank, Union Bank, UBA, Afribank now a member of Skye bank group, UAC,National Oil now Conoil, Unipetrol now Oando, Mobil Oil Plc etc and so many companies too numerous to name.
Re: South African Lawmakers Worried About What Could Happen To Shoprite, Stanbic etc by adaweezy(m): 10:23pm On Nov 06, 2015
jpphilips:

the process started from 1969..... Due to the provisions of the Company 1969 of the Companies Decree of 1968 and officially ended in 1978 or so
Are you satisfied?
for more info check their bloody website or wikipedia
Re: South African Lawmakers Worried About What Could Happen To Shoprite, Stanbic etc by kushe: 7:22am On Nov 07, 2015
@xvenus

So MTN nigeria or as a group makes 5.2 billies of Benjamin Franklin faces in a day or two. I wan vex before but then I realized it was most likely Friday night where you were and you prolly were at some dingy joint,getting intoxicated on paraga. Stay away from gutter brew young females if you don't want to display ignorance on a global forum.
AT&T and Verizon are the biggest networks in the us,how much them make as income in 2014? 130 billion average ,divide that by 350 and ur statement is obviously a regurgitation of beer parlor poo.popular statements that are hinged on the delusions of ignorant ppl. MTN nigeria might make 5.2 billion in a day,but it obviously would be in your dreams and certainly not in dollars.
You need to be wearing pads over your mouth cos Madame you be menstruating sh.it!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

GHW Has Finished Me! Members Asked To Recommit Before Accessing Their Funds! / MMM Yet To Pay Participants 72 Hours After Comeback / NAIRALANDERS: Be Careful Of Where You Invest Your Money On This Platform.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.