Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,578 members, 7,923,955 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 07:04 PM

The Terrible Text Of The Bible - Bishop John Shelby Spong - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Terrible Text Of The Bible - Bishop John Shelby Spong (2063 Views)

Full Text Of President Buhari’s Eid-el-Fitr Message / My Terrible Experience In A Church Today / Full Text Of Apostle Suleman's Prophesies For 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Terrible Text Of The Bible - Bishop John Shelby Spong by huxley(m): 3:15pm On May 14, 2009
Watch the Lecture here .
Re: The Terrible Text Of The Bible - Bishop John Shelby Spong by Nobody: 3:20pm On May 14, 2009
Why don't you post excerpts? Some of us don't have spectacular internet connections.
Re: The Terrible Text Of The Bible - Bishop John Shelby Spong by huxley(m): 4:38pm On May 14, 2009
mactao:

Why don't you post excerpts? Some of us don't have spectacular internet connections.

Sorry, I cannot. It is a 2hrs lecture and has to be watched to get the sense of the message. Anything else would do it injustice.

I have just finished watching it and my goodness, WHAT A GREAT LECTURE is it.

Please, Please, Please, if you can, watch it.
Re: The Terrible Text Of The Bible - Bishop John Shelby Spong by Bastage: 5:45pm On May 14, 2009
I have not had time to watch it all but what I have watched, the guy makes sense.
Re: The Terrible Text Of The Bible - Bishop John Shelby Spong by mantraa: 6:16pm On May 16, 2009
I just finished watching the video and would advise all Christians and non Christians to watch it too. The bishop makes some very poignant and true observations about the stories in the bible. How anyone can read it and still say it is a good book amazes me. We all know what is good and what is bad, what promotes altruism and what promotes genocide. From what i have had my eyes opened to about the Holy Bible it falls into the latter category, especially the old testament. To try and justify and condone it is like trying to justify the actions of a genocidal mass murderer who suddenly changed his mind and started a new testament after committing suicide under a different name.
(But he didn't really die and will gloriously return to earth to kill millions more innocent babies, women, children, and men who don't believe.)

If something sounds like nonsense, looks like nonsense, and smells like nonsense, my brain tells me that it probably is nonsense.
So why does a third of the worlds population still believe it to be true? 

Keep up the good work Huxley.

(1) (Reply)

Whats Wrong With This Evolutionary Picture / Why Do Most People Find It Difficult To Apologize To Those They Offended / Onced Saved,always Saved?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.