Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,337 members, 7,943,828 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 05:35 AM

Why Do Most People Find It Difficult To Apologize To Those They Offended - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Most People Find It Difficult To Apologize To Those They Offended (2067 Views)

Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? / Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? / Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Most People Find It Difficult To Apologize To Those They Offended by mamagee3(f): 1:18am On May 05, 2010
I mean, I can't imagine people's Cruelty these days, There's this woman that offended someone 2 years ago. . .Ever since then they haven't spoken to each other but there's a problem, the woman that offended her wants them to make up but she doesn't want to apologize or be the first person to call instead she's asking people to beg on her behalf and she wants the woman she offended to call her first instead of the other way round, Why is this?
Re: Why Do Most People Find It Difficult To Apologize To Those They Offended by Osama10(m): 1:36am On May 05, 2010
Pride.
Re: Why Do Most People Find It Difficult To Apologize To Those They Offended by justcool(m): 11:05pm On May 05, 2010
Maybe because they have not really repented of their wrong doing. If one truly feels bad for hurting another he will not only be eager to apologize, he will seek an oppunity to apologise.

It all boils down to lack of love. One who truly loves another would not intentionally hurt him; and when he does so by mistake, he will heartily apologise.

One who is too proud to apologise for the wrong he/she did has no love in his/her heart.
Re: Why Do Most People Find It Difficult To Apologize To Those They Offended by mamagee3(f): 1:42am On May 06, 2010
^^I give you a 5 star for your response.
Re: Why Do Most People Find It Difficult To Apologize To Those They Offended by justcool(m): 2:17am On May 06, 2010
mama-gee:

^^I give you a 5 star for your response.

@mama-gee
Thank you.
Re: Why Do Most People Find It Difficult To Apologize To Those They Offended by alexleo(m): 7:58am On May 06, 2010
The answer is Pride. Let that woman humble herself. There is nothing to be proud of, nobody is a super human. All of us will go down the grave at last. Today we see president Yaradua being buried under the ground just like any other human being. So lets cool down.
Re: Why Do Most People Find It Difficult To Apologize To Those They Offended by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:59am On May 07, 2010
Apologies for me are like appointments in a calendar, if you are deserving of an apology, then you'd be on a queue and in due course, the apology will come. (when hell freezes over) grin
Re: Why Do Most People Find It Difficult To Apologize To Those They Offended by skfa1: 12:01pm On May 07, 2010
Damn, mama G will always come up with a story grin grin cheesy
Re: Why Do Most People Find It Difficult To Apologize To Those They Offended by Dalby(m): 12:27pm On May 13, 2010
ego undecided
Re: Why Do Most People Find It Difficult To Apologize To Those They Offended by PastorAIO: 1:10pm On May 13, 2010
Power and status!!

Alas when apologies are made it is often abused.  It confers a sense of moral right and superiority to the person apologized to.  That is not politically advantageous to the person apologizing. 

Unfortunately instead of some people to take apologies graciously, they will feel that that gives them a right to lord it over the person that apologized to them. 

The cause of people not liking to apologize comes from both ends. 

Example, I can apologize for mistakenly taking your can of beer from the fridge.  However if I did so would you take advantage and try to get as much out of the situation as possible, by for example taking up all the space in the fridge with your beers so I have nowhere to put my vegetables. 

NOt a very good example, but best I can come up with now.
Re: Why Do Most People Find It Difficult To Apologize To Those They Offended by Chookym(m): 12:22pm On May 28, 2010
It boils down on PRIDE,  ego, . and pride goeth b4 a fall. I dont knw what we human think of our selves when our live is just like flower that is here tday and gone tomorrow.
Re: Why Do Most People Find It Difficult To Apologize To Those They Offended by GEW: 12:30pm On May 28, 2010
mama-gee:

I mean, I can't imagine people's Cruelty these days, There's this woman that offended someone 2 years ago. . .Ever since then they haven't spoken to each other but there's a problem, the woman that offended her wants them to make up but she doesn't want to apologize or be the first person to call instead she's asking people to beg on her behalf and she wants the woman she offended to call her first instead of the other way round, Why is this?
she is proud and will gladly cause offence again afteralll she didnt have to say sorry first time.  who knows the offended may have to start buying her gifts to be reconcilled with her in future. selfish self centered are always I, Me and myself people

(1) (Reply)

Christians If There Were No Heaven Or Hell Would You Believe In God? / Does It Takes The Grace Of God For One Not To Indulge In Fornication/adultery? / Woman Delivers Horse In Edo Church...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.