Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,724 members, 7,885,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 05:33 PM

Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? (14135 Views)

Imagine You Own This Ride And Your Pastor Asked You To Sow A Seed With It / The Lie "We" Preached From The Pulpit.... / Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by Acidosis(m): 3:50pm On Sep 10, 2012
Some Pastors now want to rely on all the new technological gizmos. Personally, I'll be offended..don't like the idea of Pastors preaching after downloading series of ebooks, and bible pages from the net.

Its nothing but a distracting technique satan is using to cause many not to listen to the voice of God. Texting, playing games, surfing the internet, etc., but if you have the Bible open, you cannot just push a button or touchscreen and surf, etc.

Imagining praying and casting out demons with ipad..?

&

Also, can the members drop their Bible? atleast they have Bible apps on their phones

10 Likes

Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by omodapson(m): 3:55pm On Sep 10, 2012
That's the path of the new world, so no offence will be taken. A time was when they had to read from the scroll, even before the scroll, stones were used as writing materials.

9 Likes

Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by MacDaddy01: 3:57pm On Sep 10, 2012
In know of private jet swag and now we have ipad swag

#pastors rolling in cash!
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by Acidosis(m): 4:05pm On Sep 10, 2012
omodapson: That's the path of the new world, so no offence will be taken. A time was when they had to read from the scroll, even before the scroll, stones were used as writing materials.
really? so what happens when people begin to inscribe bible pages on their "privates"? follow the new trend/path ?
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by CrazyMan(m): 4:10pm On Sep 10, 2012
Pastors don't preach on Ipods and Ipads...they preach their sermons in the church, and upload the messages online.

This pratice is to enable people who can't attend the service or people who reside in different states or countries to to still have access to such messages by going online to download them through their laptops, ipads, ipods and other gadgets.

If you ask me, I see nothing wrong in that.

4 Likes

Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by masterpiecer(m): 4:12pm On Sep 10, 2012
Acidosis:
really? so what happens when people begin to inscribe bible pages on their "privates"? follow the new trend/path ?

the word of God is not the medium on which it is written(whether bible pages, scrolls, stones or PEDs) but the real word itself, which can be written on any suitable material.

5 Likes

Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by masterpiecer(m): 4:14pm On Sep 10, 2012
CrazyMan: Pastors don't preach on Ipods and Ipads...they preach their sermons in the church, and upload the messages online.

This pratice is to enable people who can't attend the service or people who reside in different states or countries to to still have access to such messages by going online to download them through their laptops, ipads, ipods and other gadgets.

If you ask me, I see nothing wrong in that.

me too
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by omodapson(m): 4:15pm On Sep 10, 2012
Acidosis:

Abeg talk better. How can the trend take us to the point where words will be written in 'privates'? I thot the world has gone beyond that. Fact, print media is gradually being phased out so also is the culture of paper books. Everything is now going e-book.

1 Like

Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Sep 10, 2012
To me, it is totally wrong. They shoul stick to the practises of old. You can use that in your room but ah ah, not in the church now

1 Like

Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by Acidosis(m): 4:48pm On Sep 10, 2012
omodapson:
I thot the world has gone beyond that. Fact, print media is gradually being phased out so also is the culture of paper books. Everything is now going e-book.
Must we copy and follow everything ?

1 Like

Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by MrAnony1(m): 4:48pm On Sep 10, 2012
Maria-G:
To me, it is totally wrong. They shoul stick to the practises of old. You can use that in your room but ah ah, not in the church now
Are you serious?
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by MrAnony1(m): 4:54pm On Sep 10, 2012
Acidosis: Some Pastors now want to rely on all the new technological gizmos. Personally, I'll be offended..don't like the idea of Pastors preaching after downloading series of ebooks, and bible pages from the net.

Its nothing but a distraction Satan is using to cause many not to listen to the voice of God. Texting, playing games, surfing the internet, etc., but if you have the Bible open, you cannot just push a button or touchscreen and surf, etc.

Imaging praying and casting out demons with ipad..?

&

Can the members also drop their Bible? atleast they have Bible apps on their phones
My guy, why are you fussing over irrelevant stuff? Do you think that on the last day, God is going to judge between ipads and paper?

4 Likes

Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by Joagbaje(m): 4:55pm On Sep 10, 2012
Acidosis: Some Pastors now want to rely on all the new technological gizmos. Personally, I'll be offended..don't like the idea of Pastors preaching after downloading series of ebooks, and bible pages from the net.

Its nothing but a distraction Satan is using to cause many not to listen to the voice of God. Texting, playing games, surfing the internet, etc., but if you have the Bible open, you cannot just push a button or touchscreen and surf, etc.

&

Can the members also drop their Bible? atleast they have Bible apps on their phones

Are you just getting to know? The future of the world is mobile technology . IPad and tabs are order of the day in CEC . Members and pastors . God is in it. Why should you stay behind ?
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by omodapson(m): 5:04pm On Sep 10, 2012
Mr_Anony:
My guy, why are you fussing over irrelevant stuff? Do you think that on the last day, God is going to judge between ipads and paper?

Leave Acidosis alone o. Him no wan gree but that's the reality.
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by JeSoul(f): 5:17pm On Sep 10, 2012

&

Oga, I'd like to introduce you to the 21st century smiley.

If your concern is pastors & sheep alike being distracted during fellowship then your concern is a valid one - but if it is merely a gripe against the use of technological devices... same way someone would've been screaming about speakers and screen projectors as 'of the devil' decades ago.

And yes I can imagine praying & casting out demons with the ipad...there's this app(and there are many many like it) I have on my iphone, its called "PrayerWall", people from all over the world post their prayer requests and others pray for them. Are you going to say God cannot answer prayers like that?

Like I said, I'd like to introduce you to the 21st century, she's a pretty cool girl.

13 Likes

Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by Acidosis(m): 5:22pm On Sep 10, 2012
^ ^ ^ hmm. .Thanks for introducing me.ma'am, I appreciate
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by MacDaddy01: 5:25pm On Sep 10, 2012
JeSoul: Oga, I'd like to introduce you to the 21st century smiley.

If your concern is pastors & sheep alike being distracted during fellowship then your concern is a valid one - but if it is merely a gripe against the use of technological devices... same way someone would've been screaming about speakers and screen projectors as 'of the devil' decades ago.

And yes I can imagine praying & casting out demons with the ipad...there's this app(and there are many many like it) I have on my iphone, its called "PrayerWall", people from all over the world post their prayer requests and others pray for them. Are you going to say God cannot answer prayers like that?

Like I said, I'd like to introduce you to the 21st century, she's a pretty cool girl.

A little off topic but still relevant;

As an educated woman, do you honestly believe in that prayer wall nonsense? If God is almighty as you say he is do you really need to write prayers on aphone and send them to people to pray? Cant god read your mind? Or cant the person pray himself or pray with his/her peeps? What is the practical use of sending prayer requests around the world? Is god so narcissistic that he answers prayers only when enough people have sent it around the world and have prayed together?

5 Likes

Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Sep 10, 2012
Mr_Anony: Are you serious?
yes, I am
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by Acidosis(m): 5:31pm On Sep 10, 2012
Joagbaje:

Are you just getting to know? The future of the world is mobile technology

But I am not of the world..
You can not deny the fact that your church members & pastors surf social sites like facebook during sermons..

Satan is a tricky idi.ot, you know?.. His plan is to get us busy with the inter and intra net such that christians would be soooo lazy to take their bible out for evangelism..
And you and I know you really can't win a soul to christ on the net.. This minute you are preaching to him, next minute you both are seeing adds that can either distract you or lead you/him to sin..

4 Likes

Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by JeSoul(f): 5:45pm On Sep 10, 2012
Acidosis:

You can not deny the fact that your church members & pastors surf social sites like facebook during sermons..

Satan is a tricky idi.ot, you know?.. His plan is to get us busy with the inter and intra net such that christians would be soooo lazy to take their bible out for evangelism..
And you and I know you really can't win a soul to christ on the net.. This minute you are preaching to him, next minute you both are seeing adds that can either distract you or lead you/him to sin..
As I suspected...your fight is not truly against technology - but rather the distraction it can cause - and this is a valid point. And you should try to seperate the two brother.

MacDaddy01:

As an educated woman, do you honestly believe in that prayer wall nonsense? If God is almighty as you say he is do you really need to write prayers on aphone and send them to people to pray? Cant god read your mind? Or cant the person pray himself or pray with his/her peeps? What is the practical use of sending prayer requests around the world? Is god so narcissistic that he answers prayers only when enough people have sent it around the world and have prayed together?
You already know what I believe. No wahala if you find it strange...I think people who eat rotten milk that is growing bacteria otherwise known as cheese - are strange.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by MacDaddy01: 5:58pm On Sep 10, 2012
JeSoul:

You already know what I believe. No wahala if you find it strange...I think people who eat rotten milk that is growing bacteria otherwise known as cheese - are strange.

I dont eat cheese neither did I find your prayer wall strange. I find it foolish!

3 Likes

Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 10, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Always digressing. How does this relate with the question asked?

1 Like

Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by JeSoul(f): 7:05pm On Sep 10, 2012
MacDaddy01:

I dont eat cheese neither did I find your prayer wall strange. I find it foolish!

No wahala at all.

You finding certain beliefs foolish ranks about the same as what the one-legged cockroach that lives in the crack of Emeka's vulcanizing shop in ajegunle thinks about Planck's Law in quantum mechanics...completely irrelevant.

Wetin consign Usain Bolt with a slow-marching parade? leave us and our foolish beliefs jare, we're quite happy by them.

Cheers bro smiley

6 Likes

Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Sep 10, 2012

&

lol.......sorry o, it's not that I'm laughing at you, but.......lol grin
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by MacDaddy01: 7:40pm On Sep 10, 2012
JeSoul: No wahala at all.

You finding certain beliefs foolish ranks about the same as what the one-legged cockroach that lives in the crack of Emeka's vulcanizing shop in ajegunle thinks about Planck's Law in quantum mechanics...completely irrelevant.

Wetin consign Usain Bolt with a slow-marching parade? leave us and our foolish beliefs jare, we're quite happy by them.

Cheers bro smiley

Btw. If you eat either yogurt or bread, you should not be complaining about the process of making cheese.

1 Like

Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by Joagbaje(m): 9:58pm On Sep 10, 2012
Acidosis:

In a teaching ministry , people rather type in their notes in the bible application.

I thought you're talking about church services, we don't do evangelism inside the church , we write notes.

I Have won soul on the net . But i agree it may not be as effective as face to face or bus evangelism.but using iPads and stuff in church is not really about Internet . It's about having your whole study materials in your palm. Bible translations etc. why will someone be surfing net in church? Except nairalanding
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by Acidosis(m): 9:10am On Sep 13, 2012
^ ^ Do you have a BIBLE? not bible apps

1 Like

Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by Idowuogbo(f): 9:50am On Sep 13, 2012
Babalawo sef don begin email concoctions. So if man of God like, may he use walkie talkie I no mind.
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by Acidosis(m): 1:38pm On Sep 13, 2012
Idowuogbo: Babalawo sef don begin email concoctions. So if man of God like, may he use walkie talkie I no mind.
I trust you.. but which one you dey follow now? babalawo or babaGOD ?
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by free2ryhme: 1:44pm On Sep 13, 2012

&

Some people no get work at all ... this is the height of joblessness.. Guy, use the small bandwidth we you suffer buy do better thing ok ...

1 Like

Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by Acidosis(m): 1:49pm On Sep 13, 2012
free2ryhme:

Some people no get work at all ... this is the height of joblessness.. Guy, use the small bandwidth we you suffer buy do better thing ok ...
okay..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? / Is Masturbating With Images Of Your Spouse In Your Head A Sin? / Cobwebs Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.