Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,756 members, 7,886,001 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 07:20 PM

Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? (14136 Views)

Imagine You Own This Ride And Your Pastor Asked You To Sow A Seed With It / The Lie "We" Preached From The Pulpit.... / Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by free2ryhme: 2:01pm On Sep 13, 2012
Acidosis:
okay..

Gud omo da da ..listen to elders advise ok
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by dankmen208(m): 3:33pm On Sep 13, 2012
nope. ech don reach that level
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by SisiKill1: 3:35pm On Sep 13, 2012
If with all their Holier than thou, I take offense to everything that is not "Christ like" attitude. . they were the best people out there, we will understand.

They carry themselves like they are holier than Jesus hissef yet they are the worst behaved people you'll ever have the misfortune to cross paths with.

Who is fooling who? undecided
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by mhozzis(m): 3:40pm On Sep 13, 2012
THOSE DAYS WEY THEM DEY USE BIBLE CAST OUT DEMON IMAGINE CASTING OUT DEMON WITH AN IPAD OR PHONE JUST because IT CONTAINS BIBLE
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by valdubem(m): 3:45pm On Sep 13, 2012
CrazyMan: Pastors don't preach on Ipods and Ipads...they preach their sermons in the church, and upload the messages online.

This pratice is to enable people who can't attend the service or people who reside in different states or countries to to still have access to such messages by going online to download them through their laptops, ipads, ipods and other gadgets.

If you ask me, I see nothing wrong in that.

sharap! d OP says ''preach from ipads'' not ''preach on''
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by spicyv1(f): 3:48pm On Sep 13, 2012
Acidiosis my brother, this yer thread funny me o! Are you serious or you jes wanna create a controversial topic? Lol my bros. Okay, so what about AC in the church? Mics nko? No need for them too na. Let's remain archaic! Remember what the bible says abt the sons θf Issachar(hope I got the spelling right?) The understood seasons and times! So if we are to make impact for God in the world we have to understand the times and flow with the changes. The unchurched are highly intelligent and sophisticated and you ought to communicate in a manner that would attract them whilst maintaing the ways θf God.

Study the bible, you would realise that God uses strategy! I mean He chose Paul who was highly educated and understood the ways θf the Romans to reach out to the Gentiles cos they are highly civilised as compared to the Jews.

Bros. I don't see anything wrong in that. The gospel is for the unsaved!

1 Like

Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by woky: 3:57pm On Sep 13, 2012
omodapson: That's the path of the new world, so no offence will be taken. A time was when they had to read from the scroll, even before the scroll, stones were used as writing materials.
mumu
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by woky: 4:02pm On Sep 13, 2012
kiss sad angry
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by Next2Bezee(m): 4:03pm On Sep 13, 2012
Maria-G:
To me, it is totally wrong. They shoul stick to the practises of old. You can use that in your room but ah ah, not in the church now

Did they tell you the apostles used Hard cover books to write then? The original contents of the bible were written in ancient scrolls and parchments, Why not bring it for them let them use it and preach for u... undecided
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by bigx(m): 4:03pm On Sep 13, 2012
I use my ipad to church everytime, its more convenient, faster to find bible books, easier to take notes and bookmark for later reference,etc etc. As they've all said above, if we are not to move with the times in church we should still be using scrolls, and 10 commandments on rock in every branch.
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:13pm On Sep 13, 2012
I'm offended by the very sight of a pastor.. Holding a paper bible or an Ipad is inconsequential. angry
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by deebrain(m): 4:18pm On Sep 13, 2012
this is funny. Im suprised that people will have issues with this in 2012. So funny. The world is going deeper in technology and everything is now gradually done with the aid of technology. Is a pastor not free to use what he prefers again. There are mobile phone applications that can get all versions of bibles and also qurans. Or these "over spiritual" folks have started again. Thank God say dem no born una when dem they use ancient scrolls read bible because na una for dey talk say e no "holy" to put bible inside book. grin

1 Like

Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by mrrock: 4:18pm On Sep 13, 2012
This reminds me of a post the other day. A girl was complaining bitterly that her boy friend is too achaic.

@post.
Why are you using the internet to communicate?. Because you could simply write us a letter and also post to people all over the world. When we receive your letter we will then read and post you a reply to your house instead.
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by dasparrow: 4:19pm On Sep 13, 2012
@Post

I won't be offended. We are living in an age of technology so Pastors are just keeping up with the era of technology we have found ourselves in. Wetin man go do?
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by searay(m): 4:21pm On Sep 13, 2012
No offence, not at all. I'm still praying for a technology that will enable the bible be made into the form of a tablets, so that onceit is taken/swallowed, it will be inside the body for life.
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by Shakara123(m): 4:21pm On Sep 13, 2012
I have seen this on TV before, the KFCC pastor in Lagos does that. But truly i strongly kick against it. If a pastor is doing that, it simply means as a leader, he is saying that it is okay for the congregation to use the bibles on their smart phones instead of the real bible. So how can he tell when that guy and the lady behind starts pinging while the sermon is going on?
May God almighty help us.

1 Like

Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by searay(m): 4:21pm On Sep 13, 2012
No offence, not at all. I'm still praying for a technology that will enable the bible be made into the form of a tablets, so that onceit is taken/swallowed, it will be inside the body for life.
ThREAD CLOSED!
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 13, 2012
Who cares where the good-news is preached from. Religion is just a control mechanism for the ignorant populace. Truth is out there but definitely not in religion.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by Chanchit: 4:28pm On Sep 13, 2012
I don't see anything wrong with it, the pastor's are only giving us more reason to be in service @ thesame time on NL, ping, 2go, and so on, ushers will think we are searching for bible passages, some go even watch blue film as this mata dey go. Cos i don't even go to church with my bible again, my phone is my bible.
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by omodapson(m): 4:31pm On Sep 13, 2012
Shakara123: I have seen this on TV before, the KFCC pastor in Lagos does that. But truly i strongly kick against it. If a pastor is doing that, it simply means as a leader, he is saying that it is okay for the congregation to use the bibles on their smart phones instead of the real bible. So how can he tell when that guy and the lady behind starts pinging while the sermon is going on?
May God almighty help us.

Which one is the real Bible again o? Haba! The real one I know is the content which signifies God's words and not the 'container' that carries it.

Thanks
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by Chanchit: 4:34pm On Sep 13, 2012
mhozzis: THOSE DAYS WEY THEM DEY USE BIBLE CAST OUT DEMON IMAGINE CASTING OUT DEMON WITH AN IPAD OR PHONE JUST because IT CONTAINS BIBLE

Pastors will still come to the pulpit with their bible, incase they want to cast and bind, cos some pastors go don download enough blue film ontop the Ipad, it might even be a file apart from the bible.
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by hbabe(f): 4:38pm On Sep 13, 2012
I will not be offended.
It doesn't bother me where he reads the scripture from as long as he is quoting God's word. I am more concerned about his interpretation.
Infact, using Ipad makes the pastor look trendy. cool
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by tlops(m): 4:46pm On Sep 13, 2012
some people sef!

So, reading the bible from an i-pad has now become a stumbling block to you.
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by Idowuogbo(f): 4:46pm On Sep 13, 2012
hbabe: I will not be offended.
It doesn't bother me where he reads the scripture from as long as he is quoting God's word. I am more concerned about his interpretation.
Infact, using Ipad makes the pastor look trendy. cool

And sexy..... cheesy
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by Revolva(m): 4:47pm On Sep 13, 2012
Well na dem sabi if dem like make dem use ipad 3 dey preach that won't change anything in this evil world - no be today person don dry hear alll those - go ask femi kuti wonder wonder wonder'''na pastor life dey better the followers dey suffer

1 Like

Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by bedford101(m): 4:52pm On Sep 13, 2012
Chanchit:

Pastors will still come to the pulpit with their bible, incas they want to cast and bind, cos some pastors go don download enough blue film ontop the i-pad, it might even be a file apart from the bible.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin guy u nor serious lol...God i wonder what most pastors are turning the world of God into..those things are juz an aspect of showing off, what happen to the book inspired by God?..i get mad at the sight of some peeps in Church using their mobile fones to read the bible while a text is being thought.. if my pastor do am i nor go near the church again
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by tripleace(m): 4:56pm On Sep 13, 2012
For one concerned about distraction, I feel this topic itself is one big distraction. The Word Of God is contained in a bible for it to dwell in your spirit, why now make the means of which you get the Word Of God a topic when the Word is still the same in all forms of medium you use to access it. If the poster still holds this strong on his mind, well I feel you yourself are being distracted because the number one job of a believer should be soul winning and not posting topics that would add more drama for the sake of getting response from all.

1 Like

Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by JOXY(f): 4:57pm On Sep 13, 2012
Acidosis: Some Pastors now want to rely on all the new technological gizmos. Personally, I'll be offended..don't like the idea of Pastors preaching after downloading series of ebooks, and bible pages from the net.

Its nothing but a distraction Satan is using to cause many not to listen to the voice of God. Texting, playing games, surfing the internet, etc., but if you have the Bible open, you cannot just push a button or touchscreen and surf, etc.

Imaging praying and casting out demons with ipad..?

&

Can the members also drop their Bible? atleast they have Bible apps on their phones
Remember that God wrote the TEN COMMANDMENT ON THE TABLET FOR MOSES. So if we read the Holy Bible on TABLET today there should not be any complain.
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by cheddarking(m): 4:58pm On Sep 13, 2012
Okija_juju: I'm offended by the very sight of a pastor.. Holding a paper bible or an Ipad is inconsequential. angry

Ahaha...laugh don bust my pen1s..... grin grin
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by scribble: 5:05pm On Sep 13, 2012
personally id be offended if my pastor was using an iPad.

He should be using those new google glasses. the ones sergei brin and larry page have.

Also his car should drive itself but not on lagos roads, maybe when hes in the valley.

god bless
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by hbabe(f): 5:06pm On Sep 13, 2012
Idowuogbo:
And sexy..... cheesy

Abi o!
Instead struggling with a 30kg bible
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by tripleace(m): 5:07pm On Sep 13, 2012
For me, am all for progress and doing things better and faster than before. So if an Ipad is going to do just that, it is just fine by me. Wait a minute, is that device not suppose to help/ease your job for you? So why do it the hard way when theirs a better way to do the same thing now. Please we need to use technology to our advantage.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? / Cobwebs Attack / What Happens After Death?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.