Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,614 members, 7,911,588 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 12:52 PM

Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? (14166 Views)

Imagine You Own This Ride And Your Pastor Asked You To Sow A Seed With It / The Lie "We" Preached From The Pulpit.... / Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by item1: 8:05am On Sep 16, 2012
The first bible was written on a TABLET and the Ipad is just another TABLET. I can't imagine how the Israelite s felt when Moses stood on the pulpit and preached from the TABLET in those early day. Bros nothing has actually changed its just called DYNAMICS - oyibo.
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by item1: 8:16am On Sep 16, 2012
Make una dey there. The next bible will be reading itself just, touch the verse and the voice will read the verses out for the church. Who said technology no good make e go back to stone age.
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by james1(m): 8:47am On Sep 16, 2012
I see nothing wrong with that;infact I approve of it,totally.lol.
@poster;you should have stuck to the things of old,wrap urself with leaves or worse go butt naked.lolest!!!
Would u not have thought something is totally wrong should your pastor show up in church and aproach the altar wearing ancient robes and carry stone tablets?am sure most of you will run out of the chuch;some jumping through the windows.
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by ignis: 9:19am On Sep 16, 2012
x Jayson x:

The chapters and verses were so numerous that no stone/scroll could consist it. They were all wrapped up into The Holy Bible.
In the same vein the translations of the holy bible are so numerourous that no one paper bible could contain them all. They can all be wraped up into a computer gadget.
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by LordReed(m): 9:55am On Sep 16, 2012
x Jayson x:

I didnt say they were paper neither did i say they weren't hand written, all i meant was that printing it into paper forms or a book (meaning of Bible) was the best and simplest option for reading.

So why are you folks making it sound like if because it is on an electronic device it is no longer The Holy Bible?
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by xJaysonx(m): 9:28pm On Sep 16, 2012
Lord_Reed:

So why are you folks making it sound like if because it is on an electronic device it is no longer The Holy Bible?

It would sound better and better understood if the iPad was made specifically to read The Bible. In church today, the Pastor used an iPad and i noticed the two members beside me were using tablets as well (which i believe were motivated by the pastor), but one of them had a chick showing her booty as his wallpaper, imagine that?
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by Acidosis(m): 9:32pm On Sep 16, 2012
x Jayson x:

It would sound better and better understood if the iPad was made specifically to read The Bible. In church today, the Pastor used an iPad and i noticed the two members beside me were using tablets as well (which i believe were motivated by the pastor), but one of them had a chick showing her booty as his wallpaper, imagine that?
Holy Moses!!
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by LordReed(m): 1:27am On Sep 17, 2012
Acidosis:
Holy Moses!!

Not surprising for you to respond to this, seeing as it furthers your need for this unnecessary controversy.

x Jayson x:
It would sound better and better
understood if the iPad was made
specifically to read The Bible. In church
today, the Pastor used an iPad and i
noticed the two members beside me were
using tablets as well (which i believe were
motivated by the pastor), but one of them
had a chick showing her booty as his
wallpaper, imagine that?

Good point but it only calls to question the state of that particular member's heart or are you to tell me it that is ok to carry the paper Bible in your hand and lust inside your heart?

Using an electronic device to read the Bible whether inside the church or in private is not different or are you saying The LORD is
not with you at any time? We know that in this dispensation The LORD no longer dwells in a temple made with hands but in the hearts of men. If it is ok to read it in private then surely there is no crime in reading with in the midst of the brethren.

1 Like

Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by Turbocharged: 4:45am On Sep 17, 2012
Acidosis: Some Pastors now want to rely on all the new technological gizmos. Personally, I'll be offended..don't like the idea of Pastors preaching after downloading series of ebooks, and bible pages from the net.

Its nothing but a distraction Satan is using to cause many not to listen to the voice of God. Texting, playing games, surfing the internet, etc., but if you have the Bible open, you cannot just push a button or touchscreen and surf, etc.

Imaging praying and casting out demons with ipad..?

&

Can the members also drop their Bible? atleast they have Bible apps on their phones

The last I checked, CRITICISM was NOT one of the GIFTS of The Holy Spirit.

1 Like

Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by xJaysonx(m): 2:23pm On Sep 17, 2012
Lord_Reed:

Not surprising for you to respond to this, seeing as it furthers your need for this unnecessary controversy.

Good point but it only calls to question the state of that particular member's heart or are you to tell me it that is ok to carry the paper Bible in your hand and lust inside your heart?

Using an electronic device to read the Bible whether inside the church or in private is not different or are you saying The LORD is
not with you at any time? We know that in this dispensation The LORD no longer dwells in a temple made with hands but in the hearts of men. If it is ok to read it in private then surely there is no crime in reading with in the midst of the brethren.

If that is what you believe well,... undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Cobwebs Attack / Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? / Which Position Do You Prefer To Sit In The Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.