Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,614 members, 7,911,577 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 12:44 PM

Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? (14164 Views)

Imagine You Own This Ride And Your Pastor Asked You To Sow A Seed With It / The Lie "We" Preached From The Pulpit.... / Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by spicyv1(f): 12:18pm On Sep 14, 2012
Acidosis:

lol.. my sister, hope you're good?

well, you almost convinced me but I still have this feeling.. (may be its personal).

Then in school, we love it when lecturers teach with laptops & ipads, infact I did a lot on powerpoint for myself and colleagues each time we have a seminar to present..

But what I don't like is seeing a pastor ON PULPIT touching the screen of a gadget at the same time talking to the congregation..

My sister, Have you ever imagine a church where members hold their blackberry phones, ipads, and other tablets and phones?

Some people tag it poverty.lol. maybe they will also call Adeboye, Kumuyi, & Oyedepo poor men for not using ipads on pulpit.

So many pastors are now on facebook etc. They own these gadgets. They tend to impact lives on air and web
BUT you will never see it on pulpit.
Fashion, is the reason why many are doing this..

cheesy you are one θf my favourite brothers on NL. You don dey drag no. One position sef. I see your point but I don't get distracted by such sha.
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by hammedkola(m): 12:29pm On Sep 14, 2012
"Steve Jobb" stole Moses' slate and upgraded it to an iPad. So, no offense.
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by LordReed(m): 12:44pm On Sep 14, 2012
Tinyemeka:

When your bible is torn, you replace it.

Please get my point. What is the i-Pad actually designed for? That the bible and other related apps are made available on a mobile device is a very good thing. But the i-pad was primarily designed for mobile computing, entertainment, gaming, etc.

We come to church to receive the word of God, worship and be refreshed. But that i-Pad is better used in a place where it won't constitute a distraction to other members of the congregation. My church has a cine projector but how can that be distracting, when what is being shown on the big screen are bible passages and other messages which the speaker intends to pass across?

Bro honestly, once someone whips out an i-Pad or other device in the church and starts flipping away, those around him/her are bound to focus their attention on that person. Brief seconds albeit, but that shouldn't have arisen in the first place. Just as phone calls should not be made inside the church. Now where the church leader is the one who engages in this practice, every other person will follow.

All I am saying is that, there are aids which are being EFFECTIVELY used in the propagation of the Gospel (cine projectors, satellite TV, podcasts, etc), but the use of an i-Pad, laptop in place of the bible on the pulpit, is an over-kill. Bordering on pursuit of materialism.

As I have already stated I have never seen anyone mesmerized by someone else's ipad in church. Honestly I don't know what will cause that unless the person has allowed his or her self to be so and are you going to say people were not distracted in church before the advent of electronic devices? Even do people not fall asleep? Think of the soup they want to cook? The soccer match they want to watch? All these go on on the inside and Jesus said that is where the true defilement is.

ipad or no the Master said there are those who after the word is sown in their hearts it still doesn't profit them. That is not Apple's fault. So if you want ipad to become your distraction you and you alone will be held responsible

As for what the ipad was designed for, please stop using such arguments, it does no good. Was the tv designed for use in church? Was the mic? Was satellite designed for broadcasting the gospel? The type of vessel has never been a problem for the Master why should it be a problem for you?

The only place materialism occurs is on the inside and my brother you do not know men's hearts so do not presume to judge.

Please let us not become white-washed tombs who praise God with our lips and have hearts far from Him. Jesus said it not what a man consumes that defiles him but what comes out of his heart.

4 Likes

Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by Acidosis(m): 12:48pm On Sep 14, 2012
spicy v:

cheesy you are one θf my favourite brothers on NL. You don dey drag no. One position sef. I see your point but I don't get distracted by such sha.
Hmm. .you've been a very good, lovely and inspiring sister. Thanks alot
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by mko2005: 1:31pm On Sep 14, 2012
Tinyemeka:

When your bible is torn, you replace it.

Please get my point. What is the i-Pad actually designed for? That the bible and other related apps are made available on a mobile device is a very good thing. But the i-pad was primarily designed for mobile computing, entertainment, gaming, etc.

We come to church to receive the word of God, worship and be refreshed. But that i-Pad is better used in a place where it won't constitute a distraction to other members of the congregation. My church has a cine projector but how can that be distracting, when what is being shown on the big screen are bible passages and other messages which the speaker intends to pass across?

Bro honestly, once someone whips out an i-Pad or other device in the church and starts flipping away, those around him/her are bound to focus their attention on that person. Brief seconds albeit, but that shouldn't have arisen in the first place. Just as phone calls should not be made inside the church. Now where the church leader is the one who engages in this practice, every other person will follow.

All I am saying is that, there are aids which are being EFFECTIVELY used in the propagation of the Gospel (cine projectors, satellite TV, podcasts, etc), but the use of an i-Pad, laptop in place of the bible on the pulpit, is an over-kill. Bordering on pursuit of materialism.
Before now,wen you bring out a mobile phone any where say bus,mosque,streets or church,people get distracted.So it is with some kind of bible these days ! But with time,pple started purchasing every kinds of sophisticated phones and distractions as a result of seen a new kind of different phones went into oblivion.I tell us,a time will come when no one will care if you as a teacher of the word uses
I-phone,I-pad and the likes.If some of these men of God do it to impress,it concerns them and not me.Some dnt use any of those devices including laptops not because it's sinful or expensive and not affordable but may be they are not just comfortable with it.It's possible they can't flow when they are on it just like me.The first time i saw a modern projector in church with all the biblical inscriptions on it,i remembered SUPER NINJA i once watched in a Cinema.And all attention was on the projector and not the word of God.You see,but as time goes on,i came to terms with the projector bein in church.Just like havin a T.V in church to display what's been aired,people can never be distracted becos of their familiarity with it.
These devices in themselves aren't bad but it's what you do with them par time.Taking a magazine to church isn't bad at all but the issue will be what i do with it at that time.May be to wrap my bible,or to scribble some words of God on it or may be to read up other issues while the word of God is on.People say taking a cell phone to church isn't proper.Not that it is sinful but becos of the possible distractions it might cause for you,hence the advised to keep it away or switch off.If u can switch off,why bring it to
church ? For me as a shipper,i put on silence so as to see any distress call either from the office even or from my clients who work even on sundays.The phones aren't necessarily asked to put away so as not to only distract but other worshipers but becos of a possible incoming calls and NOT BECOS PEOPLE WILL BE CARRIED AWAY BECOS OF THE SOPHISTICATION OF UR PHONE.-No it isn't.If people till date still get distracted by high tech phones in church,then they will get distracted at the style of church buildings,fixtures and fittings,the pulpit,the set of musical instruments,the robe of the Reverend,the suit of the pastors, choristers,ushers,new members,female and male alike,and infact virtually everything in church.Ok,becos there are people who will be distracted by all these things,are we then to keeep those things away and may be not have church service any more ?God forbid.Let's not contradict the word of God at anytime and try to help new converts who can't keep up with developments that positive.

THE BELOW QUESTIONS SHOULD BE DURRING ISSUES LIKE THIS:
Are there consequences using gadgets(Projector,I-Pad,I-phone,Laptop) in church to propagate the word of God ?
How grave are the consequences ?

Answer the above two questions to urself but if you are still not ok as regards what the practice should be,read below scripture am sure you will be convinced regarding this issue.I pray the holy spirit helps us all. ROMANS 14:1-23
Thanks
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by swiftycool(m): 1:55pm On Sep 14, 2012
@poster u must be getting old, y not look 4 an old school church where u have as limited access to any form of information to suit u. I bet if u were alive in Jesus times u would have criticized him from reading scripture from scrolls instead of them being carved in stone like the 10commandments in Moses' times. Pastors unlike u think, are trained to be desciplined and are not hooked on facebook, tweeter, beebo or Nl like u hence won't be distracted so chill out. Everything created should be used to bring out God's glory including technology!

1 Like

Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by Acidosis(m): 2:22pm On Sep 14, 2012
swiftycool: @poster u must be getting old, y not look 4 an old school church where u have as limited access to any form of information to suit u. I bet if u were alive in Jesus times u would have criticized him from reading scripture from scrolls instead of them being carved in stone like the 10commandments in Moses' times. Pastors unlike u think, are trained to be desciplined and are not hooked on facebook, tweeter, beebo or Nl like u hence won't be distracted so chill out. Everything created should be used to bring out God's glory including technology!
I don't want to believe you're a christian. But if you are, then I'll like you to define the context.. "old school" and "new school".

Only in your "new school" church would a man glorify the almighty God with everything created by a man.
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by kcjazz(m): 2:45pm On Sep 14, 2012
An IPAD is a tool and for some churches it is for efficiency. As long as the preacher is reading from the bible, where he is reading it from shouldn't be a problem if the goal is to preach the word. However, I see some folks are showy with this tools but again that's a personal issue. Even the Catholic church is allowing IPADs for mass so it is what it is, tools don't matter just the word. In terms of distraction, for some it is the female usher or the projector screen or whoever, its all relative and it just based on how things are used.
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by swiftycool(m): 2:49pm On Sep 14, 2012
Acidosis:
I don't want to believe you're a christian. But if you are, then I'll like you to define the context.. "old school" and "new school".

Only in your "new school" church would a man glorify the almighty God with everything created by a man.

My definition of old school is a church with limited revelation fixed on religiousity and set up laws making christianity look more like a cult focussing dos and donts created by men instead of being led by the HolySpirit.
It's funny, am actually now beginning to wonder if u R a christian too. Try reading ur bible to find out if God wants to be glorified using harps, drums, trumpets, clashing symbals etc, last time I checked these stuff were Created by men and can be used equally to glorify the devil and his works but the wise ones rather use it to glorify their God. Just as all of creation God made or man made can be channeled as instruments for God's glory.
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 14, 2012
m.k.o2005:

Before now,wen you bring out a mobile phone any where say bus,mosque,streets or church,people get distracted.So it is with some kind of bible these days ! But with time,pple started purchasing every kinds of sophisticated phones and distractions as a result of seen a new kind of different phones went into oblivion.I tell us,a time will come when no one will care if you as a teacher of the word uses
I-phone,I-pad and the likes.If some of these men of God do it to impress,it concerns them and not me.Some dnt use any of those devices including laptops not because it's sinful or expensive and not affordable but may be they are not just comfortable with it.It's possible they can't flow when they are on it just like me.The first time i saw a modern projector in church with all the biblical inscriptions on it,i remembered SUPER NINJA i once watched in a Cinema.And all attention was on the projector and not the word of God.You see,but as time goes on,i came to terms with the projector bein in church.Just like havin a T.V in church to display what's been aired,people can never be distracted becos of their familiarity with it.
These devices in themselves aren't bad but it's what you do with them par time.Taking a magazine to church isn't bad at all but the issue will be what i do with it at that time.May be to wrap my bible,or to scribble some words of God on it or may be to read up other issues while the word of God is on.People say taking a cell phone to church isn't proper.Not that it is sinful but becos of the possible distractions it might cause for you,hence the advised to keep it away or switch off.If u can switch off,why bring it to
church ? For me as a shipper,i put on silence so as to see any distress call either from the office even or from my clients who work even on sundays.The phones aren't necessarily asked to put away so as not to only distract but other worshipers but becos of a possible incoming calls and NOT BECOS PEOPLE WILL BE CARRIED AWAY BECOS OF THE SOPHISTICATION OF UR PHONE.-No it isn't.If people till date still get distracted by high tech phones in church,then they will get distracted at the style of church buildings,fixtures and fittings,the pulpit,the set of musical instruments,the robe of the Reverend,the suit of the pastors, choristers,ushers,new members,female and male alike,and infact virtually everything in church.Ok,becos there are people who will be distracted by all these things,are we then to keeep those things away and may be not have church service any more ?God forbid.Let's not contradict the word of God at anytime and try to help new converts who can't keep up with developments that positive.

THE BELOW QUESTIONS SHOULD BE DURRING ISSUES LIKE THIS:
Are there consequences using gadgets(Projector,I-Pad,I-phone,Laptop) in church to propagate the word of God ?
How grave are the consequences ?

Answer the above two questions to urself but if you are still not ok as regards what the practice should be,read below scripture am sure you will be convinced regarding this issue.I pray the holy spirit helps us all. ROMANS 14:1-23
Thanks
damn
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by LordReed(m): 3:28pm On Sep 14, 2012
Acidosis:

Wow what an amazing concept paper was created by God.
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by jaykaye: 4:08pm On Sep 14, 2012
Acidosis:
A typical Nigerian mentality.

Am a Nigerian n so wat
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Sep 14, 2012
Lets not beat on thissubject any further. If people feel they need to hit 2 stones together to provide accepable praise to God, devoid of "evil" 21st century tech.... Let them carry on with the amish religion they have created for themselves. God loves them either way. There will always be people like that. Its why there are different church groups today.

As long as youre not picking a spouse from this type of assembly since u dont believe the same way,....accomodate the weak in faith for their sake.
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by Mattex001(m): 5:30pm On Sep 14, 2012
.thats not a new thing...its more efficient n time saving, i c nufin wrong in doing that...
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by tripleace(m): 5:34pm On Sep 14, 2012
Gadgetmobil: If at all am 2 talk pls den permit me.Am a Pastor n am very active w NL,its howeva disheartenin 2 c d way pple jump up 2 accuse Pastors n annointed men of God @ every chance.I rily do plead dat u all b watchful of wat u say mst esp.
Not digressing frm d pt,Imagine a message u need 5 versions of d bible,knowing dat 98% of ur members r w KJV?dat wud mean as u r steppin 2 d altar 5 pple wud usher u in w 5 fat bibles.Dat wud b very ridiculous n forlorn.
Using tablets compresses almost all available versions not 2 even mention d grk n heb versions.Its not 4 effizy at all,cos d more content n quality u pour in2 ur members d richer deir understandin n thinkin.n u no d bible says as a man tinketh...
Also u find it easy 2 flip btw ur bible n ur notes giving u a smooth service.
Y shud I board d ship lik Peter 2 evangelise in europe when I cud use a plane or beta still sit in my office n preach 2 d world on TV n d internet.
Nutin gud cums frm d devil so if technology is gud y shud d church reject it?
My church is international n we r covering many nations w tremendous speed because of technology.When we hav urgent meetings which requires our Pastors globally we use skype n get an even beta ezxperience.Or talk abt havin a communion service n every1 is takin wine n bread same time cos of satellite tv.
We r d Victors of dis world n r 2 rule ova d earth.
Tak charge @ OP n buy ur Pastor an Ipad den tell us d exp sum sundays after.

Thank You Sir
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 14, 2012
Acidosis: Some Pastors now want to rely on all the new technological gizmos. Personally, I'll be offended..don't like the idea of Pastors preaching after downloading series of ebooks, and bible pages from the net.

Its nothing but a distraction Satan is using to cause many not to listen to the voice of God. Texting, playing games, surfing the internet, etc., but if you have the Bible open, you cannot just push a button or touchscreen and surf, etc.

Imaging praying and casting out demons with ipad..?

&

Can the members also drop their Bible? atleast they have Bible apps on their phones
oh yeah i'll definitely be offended! My pastor's rolling in cash and i'm here suffering!
And u expect me to continue paying my tithe?? Hell no!
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by Nobody: 12:20am On Sep 15, 2012
My pastor preaches from an Ipad every sunday. Infact there is no modern phone or gadget the guy doesnt have. Name them, latest gadgets from Apple, Samsung and HTC. 8mega pixel double face camera phones brekete. If you are not careful, you would go green with envy.

It doesnt concern me. My own is to make heaven.
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by spicyv1(f): 1:04am On Sep 15, 2012
okpara ugo: My pastor preaches from an Ipad every sunday. Infact there is no modern phone or gadget the guy doesnt have. Name them, latest gadgets from Apple, Samsung and HTC. 8mega pixel double face camera phones brekete. If you are not careful, you would go green with envy.

It doesnt concern me. My own is to make heaven.

How do you know he has all these Sir? Even if you be chief protocol officer. Hmm watch it man! The Spirit θf envy has silently crept in and you aren't even aware!

1 Like

Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by Nairaface: 1:34am On Sep 15, 2012
x Jayson x: I totally agree with you threadstarter. I personally believe a real Man of God is supposed to use his "Holy Bible" to pray/preach and should never use any form of gadget to do like wise.
But it doesn't have to be in print form to be Holy now, does it? I see the point about possible distractions, but there is also an argument for ease of navigation and access to a plethora of resources from an electronic device. Driving a car may cause a fatal accident; yet, we drive.

Let's not focus on nonissues when there are more important things going on around us.
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by xJaysonx(m): 8:20am On Sep 15, 2012
Nairaface: But it doesn't have to be in print form to be Holy now, does it? I see the point about possible distractions, but there is also an argument for ease of navigation and access to a plethora of resources from an electronic device. Driving a car may cause a fatal accident; yet, we drive.

Let's not focus on nonissues when there are more important things going on around us.

I personally believe it's better of in printed form. Almost all published Bibles you see have been prayed upon/blessed by strong Men of God. When i was a catholic, it "is" advisable that anything we bought from church such as rosary, simple prayer book, bibles, etc should be prayed/blessed by the Priests/Reverend Fathers before you use them. Why i quoted the word is, is because it's still practiced up till date and i also vividly recall reading and hearing stories of how bibles saved Christians from witches and accidents but can it be said of an iPad?
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by LordReed(m): 9:34am On Sep 15, 2012
x Jayson x:

I personally believe it's better of in printed form. Almost all published Bibles you see have been prayed upon/blessed by strong Men of God. When i was a catholic, it "is" advisable that anything we bought from church such as rosary, simple prayer book, bibles, etc should be prayed/blessed by the Priests/Reverend Fathers before you use them. Why i quoted the word is, is because it's still practiced up till date and i also vividly recall reading and hearing stories of how bibles saved Christians from witches and accidents but can it be said of an iPad?

So what stops you from taking your ipad to be blessed?
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 15, 2012
Let us wait another 20years and come back to this topic ; we will see how many Pastors will be using paper bible on the pulpit.
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by bukatyne(f): 11:03am On Sep 15, 2012
@OP: i m undecided. i see something 'wrong' in some things though i know that its just my conscience that it's uncomfortable wit it. i understand where the OP is coming from and two female posters sealed it up! those that said it makes their pastors look trendy and sexy! if u tell ur pastor dat, he would definately dump his i-pad @ home next sunday. it shows that these posters don't hear the word of God but assess their pastor. when we have the Spirit of God, He leads us and we are all different so if we feel its wrong, we don't do it else it becomes a sin even if it's not wrong.

1 Like

Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 15, 2012
spicy v:

How do you know he has all these Sir? Even if you be chief protocol officer. Hmm watch it man! The Spirit θf envy has silently crept in and you aren't even aware!

Your response isn't sound. When you are close to a person, you can know what gadgets they make use of. Maybe you arent close to your pastor.

I go places and take holidays with my pastor as a good member I am. Moreover none of these things takes a man to heaven. Ipad or no Ipad.

Please read my signature and dont be insulting.
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by Nairaface: 4:17pm On Sep 15, 2012
x Jayson x:

And what stops anyone from blessing an iPad? Do you think God will not sanctify it because it is an iPad? I wouldn't even ask why you think a man of God has better access to God than you possibly can. According to my bible, the only intermediary to God is Christ. I think you are more concerned about how it looks to the church members who can not afford an iPad than you are of, say, the potential distractions. To that, and in the spirit of Bible, I say Prov 14:23, Eccles. 3:13, Jude 1:16. If you allow yourself to be oppressed by another's possessions, take heed that you don't remain indigent. As a man thinketh, so is he. Trust me, I know Nigerians, I know there's a chance that that pastor's goal was effizy. People need to stop getting excited over material things.
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by ignis: 5:25pm On Sep 15, 2012
x Jayson x: I totally agree with you threadstarter. I personally believe a real Man of God is supposed to use his "Holy Bible" to pray/preach and should never use any form of gadget to do like wise.
Why shouldn't a real man of God use stone or scroll that was used during the time of the prophets and Jesus respectively? Why must it be 'paper bible'?

2 Likes

Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by spicyv1(f): 9:09pm On Sep 15, 2012
okpara ugo:

Your response isn't sound. When you are close to a person, you can know what gadgets they make use of. Maybe you arent close to your pastor.

I go places and take holidays with my pastor as a good member I am. Moreover none of these things takes a man to heaven. Ipad or no Ipad.

Please read my signature and dont be insulting.

You are actually the one who is being rude Sir. And really, the fact that you chose to misconstrue my statements and also respond by being rude, defensive and somewhat boastful speaks a lot about your substance. Please let's not go further with this "Mr Good Member" lol. Didn't mean to be "insulting". Hope we are good.
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by xJaysonx(m): 10:55pm On Sep 15, 2012
Lord_Reed:

So what stops you from taking your ipad to be blessed?

Have you seen anyone taking his/her iPad for blessing? That can be
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by xJaysonx(m): 11:13pm On Sep 15, 2012
Nairaface: And what stops anyone from blessing an iPad? Do you think God will not sanctify it because it is an iPad? I wouldn't even ask why you think a man of God has better access to God than you possibly can. According to my bible, the only intermediary to God is Christ. I think you are more concerned about how it looks to the church members who can not afford an iPad than you are of, say, the potential distractions. To that, and in the spirit of Bible, I say Prov 14:23, Eccles. 3:13, Jude 1:16. If you allow yourself to be oppressed by another's possessions, take heed that you don't remain indigent. As a man thinketh, so is he. Trust me, I know Nigerians, I know there's a chance that that pastor's goal was effizy. People need to stop getting excited over material things.

You are digressing friend. Am not talking about oppression here or so, all i understand personally is that, iPads are fancy simple machines for official and recreational reasons not for Holy or Spiritual gatherings. Moreover they could malfunction during sermon or cause heavy distraction. I was in church last week when a saw some girls in church playing Temple Run on iPad while some where chatting on Y.M and i was like "SMH". . .Tell me when fellow ipad owners see such won't they want to open an app and do something irrelevant? Think about it. The Holy Bible is perfect. Simplicity is it!
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by xJaysonx(m): 11:19pm On Sep 15, 2012
ignis:
Why shouldn't a real man of God use stone or scroll that was used during the time of the prophets and Jesus respectively? Why must it be 'paper bible'?

The chapters and verses were so numerous that no stone/scroll could consist it. They were all wrapped up into The Holy Bible.
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by LordReed(m): 11:45pm On Sep 15, 2012
x Jayson x:

The chapters and verses were so numerous that no stone/scroll could consist it. They were all wrapped up into The Holy Bible.

C'mon stop this! The scrolls on which the original manuscripts of the Bible were written were not paper! They were not printed they were hand written! Technological progress is what has brought the Bible to you in printed form and that same progress will carry it beyond printed material.

So the only reason your ipad can't be blessed is because no one else has done it?
Re: Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? by xJaysonx(m): 8:04am On Sep 16, 2012
Lord_Reed:

C'mon stop this! The scrolls on which the original manuscripts of the Bible were written were not paper! They were not printed they were hand written! Technological progress is what has brought the Bible to you in printed form and that same progress will carry it beyond printed material.

So the only reason your ipad can't be blessed is because no one else has done it?

I didnt say they were paper neither did i say they weren't hand written, all i meant was that printing it into paper forms or a book (meaning of Bible) was the best and simplest option for reading.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Relationship With A Married Pastor / Cobwebs Attack / Why Didn't You Go To Church Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.