Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,912 members, 7,883,164 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 04:22 AM

James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience (88787 Views)

A Thread For "James Hadley Chase" Readers. / All About "JAMES HADLEY CHASE" Novels #ones You'v Read & Experiences / Shear Your James Hadley Chase With Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by cushman(m): 12:25pm On Jan 13, 2006
Alright, its better to try than not to try at all!

I have three novels in mind that answer your questions. Here we go;

1) The joker in the pack

2) An ace up my sleeve

3) I hold the four aces
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by nicetohave(m): 12:27pm On Jan 13, 2006
well are you submitting three answers? i asked for only one...........and where is Bagoma for God's sake? and what about the other parts to the question?
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by cushman(m): 12:54pm On Jan 13, 2006
nicetohave:

Bagoma this is a give away, pleaseeeeeee :

" How dare you pry into my private papers ! You LovePeddler ! " he exclaimed harshly.
" I would rather be a LovePeddler than a crippled joke ! " she screamed at him.
Then it happened.
Blood rushed to his face, his mouth twisted, the canes slipped out of his hands and clattered on the floor. He clutched at his chest. The agony that swept through his thin body made her close her eyes. Then he toppled forward, suddenly boneless and fell at her feet.
Would he die ?

1) Who is the first person in the dialogue?
2) Who is the second person in the dialogue?
3) Name the James Hadley Chase title

Here we go:
1) The first person in the dialogue is Mr. Herman Rolfe
2)The second person is Helga Rolfe
3)Chase title: An ace up my sleeve

BINGO! kiss
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by nicetohave(m): 4:03pm On Jan 13, 2006
Good job Cushman

you got 1 and 2 correctly

3 is Joker in the Pack, that is the novel Herman Rolfe died...he was alive in an ace up my sleeve and never featured in i hold the four aces, Bingo kiss

Bagoma, please say something, your silence is killing me cool
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by bagoma(f): 7:14pm On Jan 13, 2006
cheesy cheesy cheesy
yeah right nicetohave, can't be deceived bought that easily. AGAIN

i was soooo looking to getting my prize when suddenly...... oh no, not again
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by Jalal(m): 7:50pm On Jan 13, 2006
@Nice2have Na wa o
It seems u live Chase 24/7 as u remember the titles and all what happened as 4 me I read once and after 1 or 2 wks i forget the whole story, thats what makes it so interesting i can read the same book many times over and still enjoy it as if it was d first time!!!!!!!!
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by bagoma(f): 8:02pm On Jan 13, 2006
that's interesting jalal, talk about retentive memory! grin cool
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by Soulful(m): 2:19am On Jan 14, 2006
No conversation about James Hadley Chase is complete without reference to

"No Orchids for Miss Blandish"

In my humble opinion the best of all his works.......

Anyone agree??
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by nicetohave(m): 1:28pm On Jan 14, 2006
Its a bomb, may not be the best but its the very first novel he wrote, an excellent masterpiece................boy its going to be difficult to say which novel is the best, have you read the dolls bad news? (dave fenner, the same guy who busted the grissom gang) what about Flesh of the orchids? (a masterpiece in its own right)

Long live James Hadley Chase (R.I.P)
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by Farriel(m): 5:28pm On Jan 14, 2006
Hmm, how about Tiger By The Tail? Or, Well Now My Pretty, or This Way For A Shroud, or Knock Knock, Who's There? Not to mention Want To Stay Alive. Not to mention my all time favourite, Tell It To The Birds.

It's really difficult picking the best out of all, or rather, flatly impossible. There are so many brilliant thrillers of his, that only after you've submitted your reply, have long logged out of Nairaland, have long shutdown your system, do the titles of yet many more start coming to you.

By the way, who's got any ebooks of his?
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by nicetohave(m): 5:32pm On Jan 14, 2006
I agree with you farriel, Chase is the master of all thriller writers, take it or leave it.

do we have James hadley chase in ebooks? tell me where i can get them if there are any, it will be a pleasure to post some of them on this forum if i can get them.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by Farriel(m): 5:40pm On Jan 14, 2006
There should be. Like most other popular authors whose books are being digitized.

Sadly Nicetohave, I do not know anywhere you could get them (for free undecided). I've been searching myself, but no luck so far. Once I find, I'd inform you.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by nicetohave(m): 5:42pm On Jan 14, 2006
good, id like to have them even if i have to buy.....sadly though it seems chase is being quickly forgotten and i dont know why but i'll check if there is any fan club that will have more info on this.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by Z4M4eva(f): 6:12pm On Jan 14, 2006
Yeah...I don't think he's as popular as he used to be anymore although I haven't read any of his books but I've heard about him
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by cushman(m): 6:37pm On Jan 14, 2006
@nicetohave, where's my prize? I got 1 and 2 correctly cheesy
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by nicetohave(m): 7:01pm On Jan 14, 2006
Patience, patience..........if everybody gets the prize for answering half the question then the organisers will close down but in any case since you are the closest to it id give it to you.

so two down (Bagoma is getting a complimentary copy and youre getting one for your half effort) three more to go:

you'll sure get your copies, take my word for it.

Watch out for subsequent quiz.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by bagoma(f): 5:30pm On Jan 15, 2006
your word?
hmmmn! i fear ooo cool
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by cushman(m): 5:36pm On Jan 15, 2006
@bagoma, have no fear. It'll work. You'll see wink
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by bagoma(f): 6:36pm On Jan 15, 2006
hen! cushman you want to trust that man? lipsrsealed
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by cushman(m): 6:43pm On Jan 15, 2006
Ha! relax, we are trusting him together, aren't we? grin
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by kaylala(m): 6:51pm On Jan 15, 2006
I never for once read one of his novels.But my immediate elder brother was an addict,he nevver stops reading Hadley chase to the extent that he was known in virtually all book stores and magazine stands in Lagso. Anyways i thank God 4 him now.

I was in luv with Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by cushman(m): 6:59pm On Jan 15, 2006
kaylala:

I never for once read one of his novels.But my immediate elder brother was an addict,he nevver stops reading Hadley chase to the extent that he was known in virtually all book stores and magazine stands in Lagso. Anyways i thank God 4 him now.

I was in love with Adventures of Sherlock Holmes

Sherlock Holmes? That funny detective right? Though interesting too
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by kaylala(m): 7:04pm On Jan 15, 2006
he his not really funny but intelligent,smart and pays attentions to deatils and everything around him.A good guy 2
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by nicetohave(m): 7:34pm On Jan 15, 2006
bagoma:

your word?
hmmmn! i fear ooo cool

bagoma:

hen! cushman you want to trust that man? lipsrsealed

na wa o Bagoma, just one quiz you got wrong and im branded for life anyway sha you no need believe in the organiser until you get a mail in your box, and when you open it................its your prize cool
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by Farriel(m): 9:20am On Jan 16, 2006
Talking about Holmes, he was one helluva detective, really. Probably the best we've seen in books. He and Watson made an excellent pair.

Looking forward to more quizes, Nicetohave.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by kaylala(m): 12:24pm On Jan 16, 2006
I have a collection of all his adventures.

Holmes and Watson made a good pair.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by cushman(m): 5:26pm On Jan 16, 2006
What about Agatha Christie's Hercule Poirot?
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by kaylala(m): 9:43pm On Jan 16, 2006
Never heard of ther rolleyes
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by nicetohave(m): 6:05pm On Jan 17, 2006
Cushman

Bagoma

Please your prizes are ready to go out, how do you want it to be delievered to you?.............respond ontime please....for real.

And to subsequent prize winners (still have three more chase to go) and that goes for Bagoma and cushman you may either opt to pick up the novel at mushin, lagos or give a mailing (not contact) address for it to be sent to you.

maybe now Bagoma will learn to believe me cool
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by cushman(m): 6:13pm On Jan 17, 2006
Ha! Ha!! Ha!!!

@nicetohave, is that for real?

I know bagoma won't believe you until she really gets it. Anyway, i'll rather PM you my mailing/contact address because i'll be shifting base in a coupla days grin
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by nicetohave(m): 6:23pm On Jan 17, 2006
well wait and see now.....I need to get the mailing address by tomorrow so i can tell the person that will mail it, because he has to calculate how much it will cost to mail it to you.........please for now, prizes can only be sent to winners in naija o, and if you're in lagos (Bagoma et all) please do me a favour and pick your prize up yourself to save me the cost of mailing it to you, thanks.

I am doing this as a tribute to James Hadley Chase....shikena
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by bagoma(f): 6:51pm On Jan 17, 2006
alright! so which book will i getting? will it be the my laugh comes last? i.e the safest bank in the world? or...... just asking not as if i'm truly expecting sha o..  cheesy
will love to oblige you the favor, send me your contact here in lagos via PM and leave the rest.

[size=5pt]you had better be for real this time.[/size] just joking grin i trust you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Three Paths / RESTLESS - An Action/Romance Thriller / Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.