Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,481 members, 7,940,821 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 12:28 PM

Virgin Atlantic Sacks Its Nigeria Crew!! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Virgin Atlantic Sacks Its Nigeria Crew!! (910 Views)

Air Peace Women Pilots Lead All Female Crew On Flights To Abuja, Owerri. Photos / The Ethiopian Airlines All Female Crew Who Flew From Addis Ababa To Lagos (Pics / Inside The New Qantas Dreamliners Where The Pilots And Crew Sleep(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Virgin Atlantic Sacks Its Nigeria Crew!! by Nobody: 11:37pm On Nov 09, 2015
The Virgin Atlantic Airways has given reasons all its Nigerian crew were laid off.

The news filtered in on Saturday that the British carrier had concluded plans to close down its operations in Nigeria and as a result sacked all its Nigerian crew.

At least 20 Nigerian air hostesses were affected.

In a statement on Saturday night, the marketing and communications manager of Virgin Atantic Airways (VAA), Kudirat Scott-Igbene, explained that it was no longer sustainable for the airline to continue to operate Nigerian crew at this time, hence the services of the crew are no longer needed.

While she was reacting to question on why the airline decided to lay off the Nigerian crew, she said the feedback that the airline got on the services of Nigerian crew was that "this is no longer a requirement on the Lagos route."

According to her: "We have decided that we will no longer have crew based in Lagos. This is by no means a reflection on our Lagos based cabin crew, the primary purpose of our locally based cabin crew has been to provide cultural expertise and customer feedback has shown us that this is no longer a requirement on the Lagos route.

"The additional complexity required to operate an international crew base where there are no foreign language requirement means it is no longer sustainable going forward."

Scott-Igbene, however, denied that the airline was winding up operations in Nigeria.

"This announcement has no impact on our flying programme and we plan to continue flights between Lagos and London.

"After 14 years of flying the route, we remain committed to servicing the Nigerian people, whether it be for business, family or education," she added.
http://odili.net/news/source/2015/nov/8/608.html
Re: Virgin Atlantic Sacks Its Nigeria Crew!! by cococandy(f): 5:03am On Jan 02, 2016
Cfcfan how are you?
Re: Virgin Atlantic Sacks Its Nigeria Crew!! by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jan 02, 2016
Ok
Re: Virgin Atlantic Sacks Its Nigeria Crew!! by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 07, 2016
cococandy:
Cfcfan how are you?
I'm good, dear. My trip to Naija was alright. But I'll never forget the Lagos traffic in a hurry; it was horrendous embarassed
Re: Virgin Atlantic Sacks Its Nigeria Crew!! by cococandy(f): 3:28pm On Jan 07, 2016
CFCfan:

I'm good, dear. My trip to Naija was alright. But I'll never forget the Lagos traffic in a hurry; it was horrendous embarassed

That's great to hear. Just checking up on you.
Lol Lagos traffic grin
Kpele.

Aunty Osisi asked of you the other day and she said to extend her condolences.
Re: Virgin Atlantic Sacks Its Nigeria Crew!! by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jan 07, 2016
cococandy:

That's great to hear. Just checking up on you.
Lol Lagos traffic grin
Kpele.

Aunty Osisi asked of you the other day and she said to extend her condolences.
Aww. I appreciate her concern and your support.
I saw first hand the need for a 4th mainland bridge, and the on-going light rail project. The traffic starts building up as early as 5:30am!!
I even heard that it's common for people to return to their homes from work around 10pm/11pm and wake up by 4am to prepare for work.
That's just madness.
Re: Virgin Atlantic Sacks Its Nigeria Crew!! by cococandy(f): 11:09pm On Jan 07, 2016
CFCfan:

Aww. I appreciate her concern and your support.
I saw first hand the need for a 4th mainland bridge, and the on-going light rail project. The traffic starts building up as early as 5:30am!!
I even heard that it's common for people to return to their homes from work around 10pm/11pm and wake up by 4am to prepare for work.
That's just madness.
You're welcome.

You heard right. I've a brother who works in a bank and same with his wife.
Whenever I visit them,I never see them until weekend. Up in the morning before you wake up back at night when you're asleep.
Lagos is hectic.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Can Someone Found To Have Malaria Be Issue A Visa? / Urgent: US Travel Guru Help! / My Work Is Relocating Me To Aba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.