Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,649 members, 7,951,712 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 09:42 PM

Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] (17242 Views)

Senate To Contractor: Stop Work On Otuoke Road Project / Ganduje In Caterpillar, Commissions A Road Project (Photos) / Amaechi Got N257bn From ECA In 2013 - Iweala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by Fhemmmy: 9:01pm On May 19, 2009
jensinmi:

@ post.

Not to talk too much sha.

I would really love to know how this helps NIGERIA move closer to Yar Adua's Vision 20-20 as he says.

Wish I could ask Mr. President to mention 3 ways this moves us closer.

The guy has no vision.
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by AloyEmeka9: 9:07pm On May 19, 2009
I would really love to know how this helps NIGERIA move closer to Yar Adua's Vision 20-20 as he says.
Make una wait small: MAMSER campaigned for housing for all in Nigeria by year 2000. Year 2000 is 9 yrs behind and no single free housing till date. You guys are shifting it now to year 2020. What will happen in year 2020 that cannot happen now?. It's your effort today that will determine what you will be tomorrow. Stop building your castles in the air and face reality. There's no year 2020 miracle happening in Nigeria. If you need more vision and clarity then, visit your oculist instead of waiting for year 2020 to see.
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by honeric01(m): 9:54pm On May 19, 2009
asha 80:

The benin/ore road why is that the edo and ondo govt have not come together to rebuild it?

Same goes with that part of the road, if we look at it, it still has alot to do with the eastern part of Nigeria, you have to pass through that road when heading to the east, so why cant they all come together, ondo and edo included to find a lasting solution to this issue? they should all comtribute money and have the road extended to 10 lanes highway or if they can't do that, then they should go with one voice to the FG to seek lasting solution to the problem rather than sit down there and expect magic to happen.

ikeyman00:

honer

oya over to u

no hidin out now

who is hiding from what? why are you trying to bring in tribalism into this?  please converse as a matured man and not as a todler angry
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by ikeyman00(m): 10:08pm On May 19, 2009
hone
who is hiding from what? why are you trying to bring in tribalism into this? please converse as a matured man and not as a todler

listen mr-stand

if u wana accuse me,plz come out straight, how does my post instigate tribalism

well sorri cuz i speak raw, and will contiune to be straight for good of the country

no time for koni-koni ooo

beni
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by ikeyman00(m): 10:12pm On May 19, 2009
honeric

What are the state governors doing in the east is there no way they can provide alternative routes for their people? if the FG is keeping quiet, can't the whole eastern states come together, find a solution to their problem must the people suffer because the FG refuse to look their way when they have state government in each states

Just a thought sha

k no problem, maybe he has a point?

than asha replied

The benin/ore road why is that the edo and ondo govt have not come together to rebuild it?

now nairalanders watch him now

honeric
Same goes with that part of the road, if we look at it, it still has alot to do with the eastern part of Nigeria, you have to pass through that road when heading to the east, so why cant they all come together, ondo and edo included to find a last solution to this issue? they should all comtribute money and have the road extended to 10 lanes highway or if they can't do that, then they should go with one voice to the FG to seek lasting solution to the problem rather than sit down there and expect magic to happen

now can yall see how crafty these igbo haters are, those that love to see themselves as better-off, buhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

tribalism ! buhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

come again
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by ikeyman00(m): 10:19pm On May 19, 2009
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by biina: 10:20pm On May 19, 2009
The sad part is that, most often than not, increasing the number of lanes beyond a six does not solve congestion problems. Drivers' penchant for frequent changing of lanes often negate the benefits of in the increase.
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by walakolobo: 10:21pm On May 19, 2009
biina:

The sad part is that, most often than not, increasing the number of lanes beyond a six does not solve congestion problems. Drivers' penchant for frequent changing of lanes often negate the benefits of in the increase.

so who do you blame for that? Government as usual?
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by biina: 10:30pm On May 19, 2009
walakolobo:

so who do you blame for that? Government as usual?
Blame who for what?
Drivers changing lanes unnecessarily - I blame the drivers
Government increasing the number of lanes when it will not solve the problem - I blame the govt
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by ikeyman00(m): 10:33pm On May 19, 2009
200 lane or 16 lane

nonesense

just maintain the existing dual carraiage to solid and smooth surface

onitsha-lagos, lagos-abuaj-kaduna

trust me life will be much easier

imagine spendin 8 hrs on the road from east to lagos

talk talk blah blah sheep

nawoo
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by honeric01(m): 10:48pm On May 19, 2009
ikeyman00:

honeric[/b]

honeric
[b][/b]

now can yall see how crafty these igbo haters are, those that love to see themselves as better-off, buhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

come again

Man, you need help, i knew you were going to bring in tribalistic comments into this, wait a minute? do you even know if i am ibo? uhm, pity
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by asha80(m): 10:53pm On May 19, 2009
honeric01:

Man, you need help, i knew you were going to bring in tribalistic comments into this, wait a minute? do you even know if i am ibo? uhm, pity

First you are not igbo.

Secondly going by your suggestions only edo(your state) and ondo should take care of the bad spots on that road since asaba benin is good.
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by walakolobo: 10:55pm On May 19, 2009
biina:

Blame who for what?
Drivers changing lanes unnecessarily - I blame the drivers
Government increasing the number of lanes when it will not solve the problem - I blame the govt

So because drives change lanes now, government should not build roads? Na wa o, my people perish for lack of knowledge.
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by walakolobo: 10:56pm On May 19, 2009
asha 80:

First you are not igbo.

Secondly going by your suggestions only edo(your state) and ondo should take care of the bad spots on that road since asaba benin is good.

Ignore Ikeyman, he is nothing but a name calling goat and a twert, short man devil and a tribalist.
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by honeric01(m): 11:03pm On May 19, 2009
asha 80:

First you are not igbo.

Yea, sure, i can never be igbo because i am a Bini dude, that said, was the asaba benin road done by the igbos

the ondo-benin road (note it, it's called lagos-ore road) has been like that going to like 10 years now, so if truly any part of the country wanted it fixed, it would have been fixed.

as it is now, if it was possible for these 2 states to fix, it would have been fixed, so since it cant be fixed by just 2 of them, why cant the whole states making use of it come together and find a solution
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by asha80(m): 12:03am On May 20, 2009
honeric01:

Yea, sure, i can never be igbo because i am a Bini dude, that said, was the asaba benin road done by the igbos

the ondo-benin road (note it, it's called lagos-ore road) has been like that going to like 10 years now, so if truly any part of the country wanted it fixed, it would have been fixed.

as it is now, if it was possible for these 2 states to fix, it would have been fixed, so since it cant be fixed by just 2 of them, why cant the whole states making use of it come together and find a solution

who says they cannot fix it if they really want to?All the money lucky igbenidion has been pocketing nko?
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by ikeyman00(m): 12:10am On May 20, 2009
honeric

mennnnnnh i feel ur pain to be honest, i ve tried to address your acussation but guess what u arent makin sense

once again, i knew where ur pain is emanatin from, definately not from this thread, cuz ur accusation is incoherent with what u are depictin

i speak raw truth, so deal with it!
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by honeric01(m): 12:12am On May 20, 2009
asha 80:

who says they cannot fix it if they really want to?All the money lucky igbenidion has been pocketing nko?

no one is saying he didnt steal the money, but then, federal road is federal road, so they can always use that as an excuse. by the way, Igbinedion is not different from Nnamani and co, grin
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by asha80(m): 12:17am On May 20, 2009
honeric01:

no one is saying he didnt steal the money, but then, federal road is federal road, so they can always use that as an excuse. by the way, Igbinedion is not different from Nnamani and co, grin

i am not defending nnamani.i am just letting u know that if the state governents really want repair the roads they will.it is just that u introduced 'why can't eastern governors repeir their federal roads' and i simply asked you why edo and ondo cannot repair a bad road that passes through their states.
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by honeric01(m): 12:20am On May 20, 2009
ikeyman00:

honeric
mennnnnnh i feel ur pain to be honest, i ve tried to address your acussation but guess what u arent makin sense

once again, i knew where ur pain is emanatin from, definately not from this thread, cuz ur accusation is incoherent with what u are depictin

i speak raw truth, so deal with it!

Oh dear God!!!, we just lost another one cry cry cry
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by Kobojunkie: 12:21am On May 20, 2009
asha 80:

i am not defending nnamani.i am just letting u know that if the state governents really want repair the roads they will.it is just that u introduced 'why can't eastern governors repeir their federal roads' and i simply asked you why edo and ondo cannot a bad road that passes through their states.

lol  .  . . @Asha, I have it from reliable sources that the reason why Oshiomole has yet to fix the road is because the state bugdet was passed only last week ( nevermind that the money left over from the last governor for that road is probably still out there to be investigated)   grin
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by ikeyman00(m): 12:22am On May 20, 2009
honeric

[quote]What are the state governors doing in the east is there no way they can provide alternative routes for their people? if the FG is keeping quiet, can't the whole eastern states come together, find a solution to their problem must the people suffer because the FG refuse to look their way when they have state government in each states
[/quote]  

Just a thought sha

k no problem, maybe he has a point?

then asha replied

[quote]The Benin-ore road why is that the edo and ondo govt have not come together to rebuild it?

honeric

Same goes with that part of the road, if we look at it, it still has alot to do with the eastern part of Nigeria, you have to pass through that road when heading to the east, so why cant they all come together, ondo and edo included to find a last solution to this issue? they should all comtribute money and have the road extended to 10 lanes highway or if they can't do that, then they should go with one voice to the FG to seek lasting solution to the problem rather than sit down there and expect magic to happen

come again

can anyone take a look at this and tell me what he thinks

they try so far hard to hide the genetic divisive instinct, it just keep showing; just like becomepoor
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by asha80(m): 12:24am On May 20, 2009
Kobojunkie:

lol . . . @Asha, I have it from reliable sources that the reason why Oshiomole has yet to fix the road is because the state bugdet was passed only last week ( nevermind that the money left over from the last governor for that road is probably still out there to be investigated) grin

lipsrsealed
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by honeric01(m): 12:25am On May 20, 2009
asha 80:

i am not defending nnamani.i am just letting u know that if the state governents really want repair the roads they will.it is just that u introduced 'why can't eastern governors repeir their federal roads' and i simply asked you why edo and ondo cannot a bad road that passes through their states.

Neither am i defending edo or ondo, all i need to say is that, since the FG is not acting, let these states come together, find a solution to this problem or just march up in one accord to the FG and demand instant solution to the problem if truly they want the road fixed,
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by ikeyman00(m): 12:26am On May 20, 2009
asha
i am not defending nnamani.i am just letting u know that if the state governents really want repair the roads they will.it is just that u introduced 'why can't eastern governors repeir their federal roads' and i simply asked you why edo and ondo cannot a bad road that passes through their states

and what was honric response

very cunning and crafty

Oh dear God!!!, we just lost another one  

well hahha keep foolin yourself

peace !!! no let off
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by honeric01(m): 12:30am On May 20, 2009
Gwd, u guys can do better than this, so it's Oshomole now abi? Oshomole should single handedly fix an FG road left since 10yrs ago by the FG?

i rest my case, make i go sleep
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by Kobojunkie: 12:34am On May 20, 2009
Oh wait!!! Oshiomole should not come together with other states to fix the roads then?? ROFLMAO!!!
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by dedeike: 2:11am On May 20, 2009
if govt does not award contracts for the construction of those roads, we will be the first to shout that Yar'Adua is insensitive to the plight of Abuja residents who suffer what is fast becoming the worst traffic situation on kubwa road. we will also use this forum to laugh and make comparative analysis of the road to heathrow airport in london and that of Abuja airport. Nigeria will be a better place if we learn not to be hypoctical in our approach to national issues.
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by Kobojunkie: 2:56am On May 20, 2009
dedeike:

if govt does not award contracts for the construction of those roads, we will be the first to shout that Yar'Adua is insensitive to the plight of Abuja residents who suffer what is fast becoming the worst traffic situation on kubwa road. we will also use this forum to laugh and make comparative analysis of the road to heathrow airport in london and that of Abuja airport. Nigeria will be a better place if we learn not to be hypoctical in our approach to national issues.

Where do you people get these ideas from?? ugh!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by Abrantie: 3:30am On May 20, 2009
Quote from: kshow1
"You open your ghanian mouth to call us FOOLS Wetin concern this charlie for niga mata . NL na for us (nigerians) to discuss and profer solutions to our problems.
Although you talk small sence sha ,"

--------

Fvck off. Where they write say only Nija man fit philosophize for NL? You no get sense?

Ok, back to my beef. See, Kwame Nkrumah started building infrastructure. He had big dreams, like super highways from Ghana all through West Africa and beyond (Accra/Tema motorway was probably the start). He even had plans for a nuclear power station in the country, and we're talking about the 1950/60s! But no, Ghana man just want food for im belly. African people no dey understand sacrifice. We want it now, and we want it fast. Me, me, me, me,  now, now, now.

50+ years later, Tema motorway, a mere 16 km (10 miles), is still intact and considered a national icon. Makes you wonder, what if Nkrumah had managed to build it further (partnered with neighboring countries). How would that have catapulted the whole west Africa?

Sometimes, Africans just have to let their leaders do what they were elected to do. Accounting go come later.

Support your Lagos Governor.
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by ikeyman00(m): 6:58am On May 20, 2009
abuja 10lane

my ass!!

i think there roads that needed more urgency in country, which even generate lots and lots of revenue in the means of disbursing the products respectively across the nation

to sit down in abuja and reason like an animal, one wonders if this man is a nigeria
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by Akpangbon: 8:48am On May 20, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Where do you people get these ideas from?? ugh!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

If you dont know where the ideas come from, then you are not on NairaLand.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Patricia Etteh Decamps From PDP To APC / Edo Election: Security Beefed Up At Govt House, Other Locations / Orji Uzor Kalu Canvasses Support For APC In Abia State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.