Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,925 members, 7,872,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:59 AM

Exposé: Intel's Secret Documents Why SS Seaports Will Never Be In Use [must Read - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Exposé: Intel's Secret Documents Why SS Seaports Will Never Be In Use [must Read (14277 Views)

The Opportunity Costs Of Militancy In The Niger Delta, An Exposé / The Top Secret Documents About Jonathan On Nyako Exposed( Doc Images) / Check Out These Old Nigerian ‪currency‬. Were You Born When These Were In Use? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exposé: Intel's Secret Documents Why SS Seaports Will Never Be In Use [must Read by uptoHim(m): 5:17pm On Nov 15, 2015
I am wondering why this thread is still not on front page. Cc: Seun
Re: Exposé: Intel's Secret Documents Why SS Seaports Will Never Be In Use [must Read by PedroJP(m): 5:31pm On Nov 15, 2015
GiantParrot:
. Seriously, how can your ports be deemed unsuitable for optimal use, and yet large ships load LNG from the NLNG jetty every day? Your waterways are only useful for carting resources from your region everyday, while the skies are perpetually darkened from the processes involved in oil and gas exploration

All riverine indigenes should pls come and explain this wickedness. Seriously, we need to pay visit to GEJ to help expose all this as he has been there and knows all. This is wickedness at its highest level.

Tonyebarcanista,truckpusher,hopeathand. This is what you all should fight for.

2 Likes

Re: Exposé: Intel's Secret Documents Why SS Seaports Will Never Be In Use [must Read by PedroJP(m): 5:44pm On Nov 15, 2015
Kennywills7:

Btwn am a young guy willing to learn from u
So i will b open to ways we can make our voice b heard by d Nigeria government

Either he won't reply u on this or he replies but won't discuss anything on this.
Re: Exposé: Intel's Secret Documents Why SS Seaports Will Never Be In Use [must Read by koma1(m): 5:47pm On Nov 15, 2015
bakynes:

SS people this is the truth right here. Akwa ibom, Rivers, Delta and Bayelsa state put together collects more Allocation than the rest of Nigeria put together. What of the 13% derivatives, Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs, NDDC all collecting huge allocations too. All to cater for the Needs of Niger Delta. The problem is your Governors.
WELL SAID
Re: Exposé: Intel's Secret Documents Why SS Seaports Will Never Be In Use [must Read by laudate: 7:03pm On Nov 15, 2015
basilo101:

Why are u ppl like this? Its common knowledge that all eastern ports are not profitable for non oil imports instead of you to blame the appropriate authorities you start talking rub.bish like comming together and pressing for a cheaper rate bla bla bla its so disgusting.

The day you start thinking with your brains, I know your kinsmen will throw a thanksgiving in church for you. cheesy What exactly is it that makes the Eastern ports non-profitable for non-oil imports? You want us to believe it is just because an unfavourable MOU was signed between Intels and NPA as well as some Northern & foreign businessmen along with their Igbo directors who own the Onne, Calabar and Warri terminal?? Don't private people own terminals in different parts of the world? sad

Isn't it because your SE importers and SS businessmen have refused to route their non-oil imports, into those locations? And please do not point fingers at Onne. That terminal is mostly an oil & gas terminal. And most of the importers of oil & gas related cargo, are the multinationals, not your individual SE businessmen.

When it comes to importation of petroleum products for instance, such products are not taken first to Onne but are discharged directly at the terminals connected directly to the depots e.g. Warri, Calabar & Port-harcourt. sad The only problem is the shallow draft at Calabar, as that port needs dredging to increase the water depth. So sometimes, smaller vessels are used to lighten larger vessels in order to get products to Calabar port, as larger vessels would run aground there. Dredging is meant to be handled by NPA. Why hasn't it been done on a regular basis??

I am not saying that the terms of the MOU are perfect, but it still does not disturb any serious businessman who wants to consign his goods to SE or SS ports from doing so. And yes, forming pressure groups, trade associations and chambers of commerce to lobby against unfavourable govt policies, or to change retroactive terms that have a negative impact, is a widely accepted business practice.

The adverse effect of such terms and policies is tabled right before the govt authorities and the cost implication of such policies, as well as its' adverse effect on businesses, is thrown open to the public. The pertinent question is: Does govt want to kill the operations of the members of these trade associations by way of its unfavourable policies? I don't think so. How will govt will get their taxes and increased duties, if the ports remain non-functional?? Again, how do you think some groups get waivers or reduction in duties for their products, and others do not?? shocked

It works all over the world, even in Nigeria. Why are the SS & SE non-oil cargo importers so reluctant to adopt this approach? You guys have representatives in the Senate & House of Reps that can easily raise these issues and seek better terms and conditions at the SS sea ports. Why haven't you asked them to do so?
Re: Exposé: Intel's Secret Documents Why SS Seaports Will Never Be In Use [must Read by CHM11: 7:04pm On Nov 15, 2015
Kennywills7:

I understand ur point however while we might not want to b Biafra am sure u will agree with me that our Nigeria system was put in place to suppressed some parts of d country, we are no fools dat the Biafrans can take for a ride, am sure if we as south southerns are given a choice to choose between Biafra and Nigeria," we will not choose anyone of them rather we will be on our own but that is not to say we won't welcome anyone addressing d problems facing the south south
It is worthy of note dat our leaders has failed us here in d South south and there has bn dis suggestion for long now dat there are people legally and illegally frustrating any efforts to put our seaports in order here in the South south
The Nigeria system is not fair and has bn design to suppress d South south as we have more potential to b self sufficient than any other region in the country even without oil revenue
Btwn am a young guy willing to learn from u
So i will b open to ways we can make our voice b heard by d Nigeria government
excellent....its a continuous process bro....tapes are rolling already and we as youths can only do our part by using the media which obviously is pur strength at the moment.
Re: Exposé: Intel's Secret Documents Why SS Seaports Will Never Be In Use [must Read by laudate: 7:05pm On Nov 15, 2015
CHM11:
eastern ports?

is there any port in the east?
last time I checked, they are all in the region known as the south south which is completely and totally different in every aspect to the south eastern Igbo land.

about the sea ports, I think its a south south problem and we will handle it the way we think we can deal with the issue.

thanks for the heads up biafrans, we will look into it.

now pls go back to your protests and agitation for your Biafra which clearly doesn't include the south south.

God bless your struggle.

Guy, the money spent on your education was NOT a waste. May God bless your hustle! cheesy
Re: Exposé: Intel's Secret Documents Why SS Seaports Will Never Be In Use [must Read by laudate: 7:11pm On Nov 15, 2015
EasternLion:
Jesus christ, Laudate, don't be a nuisance, I told you this is an exposé, you dolt, there are serious revelations am putting up.

You will know who owns Nigeria and the land ur father built house on, guess what?

it ain't you nigguh.

So sshhhhhh.

Laudate, if only the ports were ran as it should, but the cabals are hell-bent on making it purely a monopolistic venture, as far as SS/SE is concerned, there will never ever be a seaport in any part of them.

Guy, na you be dolt, o!! angry Is your power sector not a monopolistic sector? Can you live in Lagos and claim that you have a competitive alternative to Eko Disco or Ikeja Disco? shocked All your belly-aching here has not answered my question. What is your problem? Oil & gas freight logistics are handled only by Intels. Ok, how many of your SE businessmen are involved in oil & gas freight logistics? Isn't it the multinationals that are the key players in this sector?

SE importers handle more non-oil cargoes than oil & gas freight logistics, so why don't you allow those whose activities are directly impacted by these unfavourable oil & gas policies to make noise? undecided

NB: Afterall, your fellow Igbo sister, Chief Kema Chikwe was Minister of Transport so why didn't she revoke the agreement between Intels and NPA with respect to Onne, Calabar and Warri Ports?? Don't forget that she was succeeded in office by Ojo Maduekwe another SE minister. NPA has always been under the Ministry of Transport. If they felt those terms and conditions of the MoU were unfair to SE importers and businessmen, why didn't they revoke it, or bring it to public attention??

Now that Kachikwu is Minister of State for Petroleum as well as NNPC GMD, you should ask him to break the monopoly of Intels over oil and gas freight logistics in Onne, Warri and Calabar. Chikena. undecided
Re: Exposé: Intel's Secret Documents Why SS Seaports Will Never Be In Use [must Read by laudate: 7:16pm On Nov 15, 2015
Real2020:
Barcanista is a yoruba imposter. I will be exposing him shortly. I got his information: his true identity, name, state of origin, where he lives, his family, school he attended, where he works and his pictures. I will be opening a thread on this. Will give him 48hrs to confess, apologize and close his account or his information will be public. You think we are playing here.

Jobless mugu!! angry Has he scammed you, or did he borrow money from you, and refused to pay back?? shocked Focus on the issue at hand and stop launching ad hominem attacks, simply because someone does not agree with your viewpoint! Rubbish! sad

1 Like

Re: Exposé: Intel's Secret Documents Why SS Seaports Will Never Be In Use [must Read by laudate: 7:29pm On Nov 15, 2015
DeLaRue:

This is clearly a very bad northern stich - up. It seems the port was simply handed to a norther cabal.

Btw, the so-called 'foreign investor' element is just a mask to hide Atiku's ownership. I suspect he simply registered an off shore company with one or two 'pretence co-sharehoders', otherwise, why is the name and owners of the 'foreign' shareholders not known.

Kindly provide proof to support your assertions, if you want us to believe your claims about Atiku. Post the CAC forms here, please.

DeLaRue:

For the Yorubas defending this northern shafting of the SS, I just dont understand you. The SS folks have been saying for a long time that Yorubas are responsible for holding down their ports in order to favour Lagos. But this is clear evidence that it is the northerners shafting the SS, yet some Yorubas have jumped on this thread to defend Atiku and his cabal? What's going on?

This Ports deal is terrible for the SS people, and as Yorubas, we must side with the brutal truth and call out Atiku's cabal.

Guy, are you the spokesperson for the Yorubas now?? Why don't you simply declare your own individual support or lack of support in this issue and leave a whole ethnic tribe out of it?? Last time I checked, I did not see a Yoruba name on the board of Intels o! Anyway, na wetin concern me, sef?? shocked

DeLaRue:

How do you come from more that a 1000 kilometres in the desert to control totally, one of the vital resources that can trully help the economy of the SS?

Guy, na wa for you, o! sad You are taking too many panadol tablets for another man's headache. Are you saying it is against the law for a Northerner to run a port facility in the South, or that it is against the law for a Southerner to own a privatised public facility in the North??! Tell us, o! shocked

1 Like

Re: Exposé: Intel's Secret Documents Why SS Seaports Will Never Be In Use [must Read by laudate: 7:36pm On Nov 15, 2015
Real2020:
Point of correction We SS and SE don't troop to SW...we only go to Lagos a former federal capital territory developed by us, our oil money and other non yorubas. Ogun, Osun, Ondo, Ekiti and Oyo are cesspol that I won't even allow my German Shepherd dog stay there for a day.

Btw...stop sending me message asking to follow me on Nairaland. I don't want you following me; just go away dirty yoruba swine.

Haba bros, but you can lie, o! shocked shocked You mean all the Chike, Nnamdi, Obinna, Ugochukwu, Amaefula and co that I see during my trips to Abeokuta, Osogbo, Ibadan, Iyin-Ekiti, Akure, Ondo and other towns in the South-West are actually Yoruba, Tiv, Gwari or Edo people? Imagine!! I never knew that! shocked

And I guess the Eze Igbo in Akure that got into the bad books of the traditional ruler in that town, is also not an Igbo man??! Chai! undecided

1 Like

Re: Exposé: Intel's Secret Documents Why SS Seaports Will Never Be In Use [must Read by Nobody: 7:42pm On Nov 15, 2015
***Hmmm***
Re: Exposé: Intel's Secret Documents Why SS Seaports Will Never Be In Use [must Read by laudate: 7:57pm On Nov 15, 2015
EasternLion:

Badagry and Lekki seaports are already being constructed! undecided
[size=18pt]OWNERS OF NIGERIA[/size]

Is it Intels that owns Badagry and Lekki sea ports, too?? shocked By the time those ones are fully operational, you will claim that your patrimony has been sold off, too.
Re: Exposé: Intel's Secret Documents Why SS Seaports Will Never Be In Use [must Read by malton: 9:31pm On Nov 15, 2015
laudate:

The day you start thinking with your brains, I know your kinsmen will throw a thanksgiving in church for you. cheesy What exactly is it that makes the Eastern ports non-profitable? You want us to believe it is just because an unfavourable MOU was signed and some Northern & foreign businessmen along with their Igbo directors own the Onne, Calabar and Warri terminal?? Don't private people own terminals in different parts of the world? sad

Isn't it because your SE importers and SS businessmen have refused to route their non-oil imports into those locations? And please do not point fingers at Onne. That terminal is more of an oil & gas terminal. And most of the importers of oil & gas related cargo, are the multinationals, not your individual SE businessmen.

When it comes to importation of petroleum products for instance, such products are not taken first to Onne but are discharged directly at the terminals connected directly to the depot e.g. Warri, Calabar & Port-harcourt. sad

I am not saying that the terms of the MOU are perfect, but it still does not disturb any serious businessman who wants to consign his goods to SE ports from doing so. And yes, forming pressure groups, trade associations and chambers of commerce to lobby against unfavourable govt policies or to change retroactive terms that have a negative impact, is a widely accepted business practice.

The adverse effect of such terms and policies is tabled right before the govt authorities and the cost implication of such policies as well as its adverse effect on businesses is thrown open to the public. The final question is: does govt want to kill the operations of the members of these associations? I don't think so. How do you think some groups get waivers or reduction in duties for their products, and others do not?? shocked

It works all over the world, even in Nigeria. Why are the SS & SE non-oil cargo importers so reluctant to adopt this approach? You guys have representatives in the Senate & House of Reps that can easily raise these issues and seek better terms and conditions. Why haven't you asked them to do so?
You know so much stuff. Damn! Did you study a business related course or engineering?
Re: Exposé: Intel's Secret Documents Why SS Seaports Will Never Be In Use [must Read by OreMI22: 9:54pm On Nov 15, 2015
EasternLion:
Share holding structure of Intels.. Note: Shehu Yar'Adua Family and Emir of Kano. So SLS go dey lick better oil now.

[size=18pt]These area few of the reasons why nigeria MUST be restructured, so that every group can take charge of their own development / destiny or we MUST leave as Biafra.
No more, no less!
[/size]
Re: Exposé: Intel's Secret Documents Why SS Seaports Will Never Be In Use [must Read by akinyeleaa: 10:52pm On Nov 15, 2015
Real2020:

Typical yoruba always finding stupi$d excuse to defend his northern master. Tell him that GMB killed his parents, he will tell you afterall his parents were almost 90 yrs and should die anyways.

Thanks OP. These evil people are holding SS and SE down. If you read this very carefully, you would deduce they don't want any dime in duties and taxes going to SS as they know Igbos will rather patronize their SS brother than SW. Lagos ports and Airport are the lifeblood of Lagos state's coffers...remove these, SS and SE will desert it and will be no different to Osun.

Now you understand why almost all chairmen of NPA and Comptroller General of Customs are Northerners...to continue to perpetrate this EVIL. When next you blame Gov. Akpabio for not going through with the Ibaka port, just understand that he was fighting very powerful people who have warned him...if you follow through with it, you are finished.

I yell in anger Nnamdi Kanu we SS love you and thank God for you!
You are just a frustrated biafran, or why else should you insult someone for stating his opinions about an issue, and you even went tribal. that was the same way u wanted to kill yourself on another thread last week over an opinion that has nothing to do with you. I just hope hate doesn't kill you before Biafra comes.
Re: Exposé: Intel's Secret Documents Why SS Seaports Will Never Be In Use [must Read by Nobody: 11:17pm On Nov 15, 2015
akinyeleaa:
You are just a frustrated biafran, or why else should you insult someone for stating his opinions about an issue, and you even went tribal. that was the same way u wanted to kill yourself on another thread last week over an opinion that has nothing to do with you. I just hope hate doesn't kill you before Biafra comes.

Save your gospel for Oba Akiolu and Yoruba Dallas doctor who are bigots and openly called for genocide on Biafrans. I have not called for the killing of anyone and never would. Do I criticize yorubas...yes because they are pathological hypocrites and liars.
Re: Exposé: Intel's Secret Documents Why SS Seaports Will Never Be In Use [must Read by akinyeleaa: 11:46pm On Nov 15, 2015
Real2020:

Save your gospel for Oba Akiolu and Yoruba Dallas doctor who are bigots and openly called for genocide on Biafrans. I have not called for the killing of anyone and never would. Do I criticize yorubas...yes because they are pathological hypocrites and liars.
so what makes you different from those you called bigots. Your posts reeks of tribalism and hatred.

And to the latter part of your post, seems a Yoruba chic once disappointed you. life goes on bro

1 Like

Re: Exposé: Intel's Secret Documents Why SS Seaports Will Never Be In Use [must Read by Nobody: 11:56pm On Nov 15, 2015
akinyeleaa:
so what makes you different from those you called bigots. Your posts reeks of tribalism and hatred.

And to the latter part of your post, seems a Yoruba chic once disappointed you. life goes on bro

Point out the hate in my comment.

Yoruba chick...the least attractive women on earth? You well so... When I have beautiful biafran women.
Re: Exposé: Intel's Secret Documents Why SS Seaports Will Never Be In Use [must Read by laudate: 12:01am On Nov 16, 2015
Real2020:

Ò ̣ bù ̣etu à kà o bēlụ? Don't be silly. Didn't the 20 Eze Igbo who were in attendance clap excitedly like school kids in his presence, when Oba Akiolu made those comments, where he threatened to drown your kinsmen in the lagoon?? And they even swore allegiance to him, and promised to do his bidding! shocked

Why didn't they defend the interest of Ndi'Igbo when those comments were made?? Abeg, go siddon. Nnamdi Kanu is the greatest tribal bigot in town now. How come you conveniently forgot that fact?? sad

1 Like

Re: Exposé: Intel's Secret Documents Why SS Seaports Will Never Be In Use [must Read by laudate: 12:41pm On Nov 16, 2015
EasternLion:
For all you Yoruba people making up excuses for this evil, slavery and wickedness, remember the world goes round, one day it might come to you.

For our SS brothers saying we wanna incite you to hate others, "Adieu" and "Rest In Peace".

After all, are you not black men, who are capable of reasoning or asking discerning questions.

What I am saying in essence is, the contracts were signed in 1999, and to last for 25 years, and it is renewable...
2015-1999= 16, so it has more 9 years to go, after which the northern bourgeois will fight tooth and nail to renew the contract.

After all, Emir of Kano is making enough money from the proceeds of the contract, he has share in oil exported and imported through Onne, so why would he wanna lose it??
OreMI22:
These area few of the reasons why nigeria MUST be restructured, so that every group can take charge of their own development / destiny or we MUST leave as Biafra.
No more, no less!

Like I said before: When your fellow Igbo sister, Chief Kema Chikwe was Minister of Transport why didn't she revoke the agreement between Intels and NPA with respect to Onne, Calabar and Warri Ports?? Don't forget that she was succeeded in office by Ojo Maduekwe another SE minister. NPA has always been under the Ministry of Transport. If they felt those terms and conditions of the MoU were unfair to SE importers and businessmen, why didn't they revoke it, or bring it to public attention??

Now that Kachikwu is Minister of State for Petroleum as well as NNPC GMD, you should ask him to break the monopoly of Intels over oil and gas freight logistics in Onne, Warri and Calabar. Chikena. undecided
Re: Exposé: Intel's Secret Documents Why SS Seaports Will Never Be In Use [must Read by 400billionman: 4:22pm On Nov 16, 2015
This means Atiku is not the owner of this billion dollar company known as INTELS.

Before Nigeria wakes up from this current economic state, more monopolists will have been created..

During periods of recession, alot of people become poor, while few people become mega rich.

Find your Niche..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Amosun, Fayemi Planning Massive Clampdown On AD Leaders, Party Claims / APC Campaigns In Ikot Ekpene Local Government ( Pictures) / Rant Hq’s Website Has Been Suspended.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.