Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,845 members, 7,872,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:18 PM

I Cried For First-class Graduates Who Couldn't Spell 'graduate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Cried For First-class Graduates Who Couldn't Spell 'graduate (2340 Views)

Army Secretary Who Couldn't Find Buhari's Certificate Retired - Sahara Reporters / See Photos Of The Woman Who Cried As Buhari Received His Certificate From INEC / Thisday Bomber Cried For Missing Heaven - Witness. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Cried For First-class Graduates Who Couldn't Spell 'graduate by Ijawman(m): 10:15am On May 21, 2009
http://www.tribune.com.ng/21052009/news/news16.html

Forgers of NCE, primary school certificates nabbed in Zamfara-Yorubas involved in forgery in the north

Muhammad Sabiu, Gusau - 21.05.2009

The Zamfara State police command has arrested 18 suspects in connection with the sales of fake primary school certificates and the Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) in Zamfara.

Parading the suspects at the premises of the police command, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), ASP Lawal Abdulahi, said a headmaster in one of the primary schools in the state was arrested along with 17 others, including the prime suspect, Bello Hussaini Mada, who was alleged to be the brain behind the nefarious activities.

According to the PPRO, the suspect indicted Sunday Ajayi and Abiodun Ajayi, both in Kaduna State, to be the manufacturer of the fake certificates which they confessed to have sold to more than 20 persons

The police disclosed that the calligrapher of the illegal certificates, Richi Amisa, was arrested and had confessed to be involved in the illegal business Primary school leaving certificate is sold for N6, 000, and NCE certificate N30, 000.

According to the police image maker, the police have recovered eight copies of the NCE certificates and 100 primary school certificates and testimonials from the suspects.

back
Re: I Cried For First-class Graduates Who Couldn't Spell 'graduate by jimmysho(m): 10:26am On May 21, 2009
misspelling is not news or issue. the fact is mistake is bound to occur at any time t.

we should not magnify the issue because it ws a 1st claSS GRADUATE.

even prof can misspell

mind u, am not sayin it is a good omen.

let stop this name calling and let always engage in serious JAW-JAW
Re: I Cried For First-class Graduates Who Couldn't Spell 'graduate by Moves: 10:50am On May 21, 2009
It is like we are eager to criticize instead of looking @ the positives the Lady is bringing to the table; we are buzing criticising her statements when we know fully well how easy it is for marks to be bought in the nigerian university, She is basically offering a service to those disenfranchised graduates who may be due to the decaying level of education prevalent in our institution are found wanting,
Re: I Cried For First-class Graduates Who Couldn't Spell 'graduate by muhsin(m): 11:34am On May 21, 2009
shocked
Re: I Cried For First-class Graduates Who Couldn't Spell 'graduate by Jarus(m): 12:10pm On May 21, 2009
While I admit that due to the 'la cram, la pour' syndrome in many Nigerian university, many of our grads(not only First Class, but First Class is somehow unpardonable)overlook the basics of knowledge, especially of English, which is the medium of communication, I canot rule out cheap publicity and alarmism in the woman's interview. Probably she just wanted to publicize her HR outfit.

Many of us overlook the basics of English language for big grammar. Not being able to spell 'graduate' for a primary 6 pupil is serious, not to talk of a First Class graduate, but it is very hard for me to accept the woman's outcry. How did she know? Did she ask her to spell it or saw it spelt wrongly on the person's CV? I have a feeling that she saw it misspelt on her/his CV, and that could be a typo. If however, it is true that the person could not truly spell it, then it is very serious, and interview tension is not an excuse here.

In any case, I don't believe Nigerian grads, irrespective of grade, are bad. They have gone out there and prove to the world what they are capable of doing, shattering records in overseas universities.

To Becomrich, you will never cease to amaze. You are a comedian par excellence. Thanks for adding humour to this thread by that your post.
Re: I Cried For First-class Graduates Who Couldn't Spell 'graduate by lambarey: 8:58pm On May 31, 2015
Wud u use auto correct as well when your child ask u to spell for him/her?

blacksta:

true word - comrade

why the hell should i stress my brain - when u have auto spelling . The writer can go to hell

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ateke Tom Accepts Yaradua's Amnesty Offer And Surrenders / Nigeria's Non Oil Export Increases Tenfold In 2yrs From $276m To $3.72billion / Even If Jonathan Decided To Lose, He Can't!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.