Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,663 members, 7,975,495 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 07:25 AM

FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) (28264 Views)

FG Cancels NPA Contract With Intels, Atiku's Company / FG Cancels NIMASA University Project, Seeks Payment Refund / FG Cancels Pipeline Protection Contracts’ Award To Ethnic Militias (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by saintkel(m): 2:03pm On Nov 19, 2015
MrPresident1:

I said the truth.

By the way, are you the Voltron of the Igbo race, defender of the universe?
yes I am
Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by peleson: 2:25pm On Nov 19, 2015
pgiddy:
Education is a long term investment, and Pressid is a right investment if continued will yield a great result for Nigeria. Countries like China, Germany and d rest all started with schemes like this and we can see the level they have gone technologically. Even tho i am a fan of Buhari, but pls Mr Buhari if there is any legacy of Jonathan u shld continue, I will implore u to continue the pressid scheme
U r a foo.l! Let him scrap it ok. Talking as if he has done anything new or differently. Na ur change be that
Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by nigerianvenom(m): 2:39pm On Nov 19, 2015
ERAKAMUS:
Hahahaha sai fake Change.

The biggest fake change
Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by repogirl(f): 2:43pm On Nov 19, 2015
What do you expect from a leader who can't find his 'nonexistent' certificate?

Enjoy una NEPA bill certificate change president.

1 Like

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by breakeven: 2:46pm On Nov 19, 2015
I knew they would dump it. Their leader is not even educated how would they know what it means to have first class from the university. Lest I forget not too many northerners qualify for it anyway. Boko haram kowe.

1 Like

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by wypavu: 3:08pm On Nov 19, 2015
Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by mikolo80: 3:14pm On Nov 19, 2015
speedyGonzales:
Great! best president ever! killing anything that could help poor Nigerians!
how many poor Nigerians do you know that benefited from this scheme.
no be Padi Padi dem chudren dem de share the scholarship among
Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by mikolo80: 3:17pm On Nov 19, 2015
neocortex:
For more than two decades, China and India have sent thousands
of students to the west for higher education, they are
now reaping the benefits of those initiatives.

It is wrong for Buhari to scrap PRESSID for political
reasons. The program if sustained has the potential to
place Nigeria into the league of industrial and scientific
powerhouses.

lalasticlala
how many of our First Class brains come back to serve.
they all work for oyinbo economy after training with Nigerian money or you think she'll and chevron are Nigerian companies
Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by mikolo80: 3:18pm On Nov 19, 2015
CCsurplus007:

God bless you. To even imagine that the Sultan of Sokoto repeatedly called for the scholarship to be scrapped leaves little to be desired. China and India with their top ranked schools still sends her citizens to Usa, Canada and the Uk for studies. Effective technology transfer is always the goal. We have a long way to go in this country
how many tech transfer you don witness in last 50 yrs
Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by project7(m): 3:18pm On Nov 19, 2015
Truckpusher:
We said it
This man was rejected even as he meant well for Nigerians. This statement will be remembered for a long time to come. I'm afraid GEJ may be the last president of Nigeria.

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by ohenhen1: 3:34pm On Nov 19, 2015
Bad idea, we should actually expand the program.

1 Like

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by Pavarottii(m): 3:51pm On Nov 19, 2015
Iamoilprince:
they had better cancel it. Most people that benefitted from the scholarship were graduates from Convenant University and other private universities. Their sponsors can even afford the tuition.

#ZombieAlert! The first class from all sch registered under the NUC will compete again to make the 102students to be given a year. U dig zombie?
Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by Pavarottii(m): 3:52pm On Nov 19, 2015
project7:

This man was rejected even as he meant well for Nigerians. This statement will be remembered for a long time to come. I'm afraid GEJ may be the last president of Nigeria.
Guy how do I get this pic? Been looking for it.
Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by maasoap(m): 4:10pm On Nov 19, 2015
TellingItAsItIs:
Buhari is more clueless than i imagined.
With the growing clamour for the disintegration of this country,i can't believe he deemed it fit to cancel this scholarship programme just because majority of the beneficiaries are southerners.
No nation progresses on Quota system,the north is slowing down the progress of the south.Disintegration is the only solution to this country lest we keep on moving in circles.
As it is in Nigeria of today, quota system is still the best because many of the people in the position of power and authority are abusing it. If there is employment in one ministry now, you will just see the minister filling all the vacancies with the job seekers from his states and region.
Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by TimeManager(m): 4:22pm On Nov 19, 2015
[quote author=gab264 post=40163021]Warning! Warning!! Warning!!!

This is a serious warning from the Angry Biafrans across the world to the Nigeria Government with their SSS/DSS, British government, Hausa/Fulani and Yoruba oligarchy who is currently holding the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (NNAMDI KANU) against his wish since 14th of October 2015. He was arrested, and a competent court of justice in Nigeria granted him bail that his lawyer (Vincent Obete) confirmed that all needed process of his bailing terms are met and supplied to the court, but yet they still hold him in their custody for no legal reason.

HEY BUDDY YOUR EPISTLE IS VERY SHALLOW,DISJOINTED, INCOHERENT,NOT WELL ARTICULATED AND NOT CONVINCING.YOU CAN TRY A BETTER PAPER WORK.
BESIDES,THE LAST TIME I READ THROUGH AN EPISTLE THIS LONG WAS IN 1970 WHEN PHILIP EFFIONG ANNOUNCED THE DEATH OF BIAFRA.
Deal With It Or Die With It!
The Truth Has Spoken! No Lie Only Truth!
Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by speedyGonzales: 5:42pm On Nov 19, 2015
mikolo80:
how many poor Nigerians do you know that benefited from this scheme.
no be Padi Padi dem chudren dem de share the scholarship among

Can you prove that nobody, has ever benefited from it? simply because you do not know anyone? Like I have responded to someone previously... this kind of programmes has worked before in Nigeria, my cousin currently benefiting from similar scheme by Akwa Ibom State govt. doing his MSc.
Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by GoldStandard: 6:26pm On Nov 19, 2015
Are you kidding me?

Is this the change they voted for?

Which right thinking Leader terminates a scheme meant to expand its human intellectual capacity!

We must not sit idly and watch this injustice cos posterity may not forgive us. #PRESSIDmustcontinue

1 Like

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by project7(m): 7:03pm On Nov 19, 2015
Pavarottii:
Guy how do I get this pic? Been looking for it.
Just right click on it and save image as anything.jpeg
Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by funkiebully: 7:05pm On Nov 19, 2015
I pity yolabad ppl that voted for this man. As them block mostly una ppl wey dey enjoy this pressid scholarship how una see am?
Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by EazyMoh(m): 8:25pm On Nov 19, 2015
anangboy:

Your ignorance is astounding - even more so not only because its voluntary but because you go to such great length to preserve it. Is the PRESSID scheme by quota system? If as you say that there hasn't been up to 1% of northerners who have been beneficiaries and you blame it on a region or an individual then it clearly means you have no idea what the pressid scheme is and this betrays your lack of any sort of critical thought.

There is an astounding gap between western technologies and whatever we have here. "Internet of things", "smart grid", "smart cities" etc are not very common concepts here but these are things my cousin who is a beneficiary of this scheme is grateful to be involved in first hand. I had to sign up to MIT to try to be abreast in my field of computer & electronics engineering.Imagine the immense value these cutting edge advances in science & engineering can impact in the life of every child with a dream.

The purpose of life is a life with a purpose and competitive education is the guiding light.
Lol! Look at all of you!
Am not condemning the scholarship or anything, I am trying to clarify that there has been an issue of cry of marginalization of the north since the inception of the scholarship. Especially the procedure.
Let me go off topic too. I personally am a beneficiary of MERIT scholarships I won TOTAL TUPNI and SHELL Scholarships during my undergrad days. So I know a lot about MERIT scholarships.
BUT whether you choose to believe or not ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO SAY THE RESULT OF THE CBT WAS 1:99 NORTH:SOUTH. BTW you have to be deemed eligible to even be allowed to come for the CBT.
My ignorance is astounding ? Like seriously?
And someone was even quoting me that I said Wike was Igbo WTF
Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by eazydon(m): 8:36pm On Nov 19, 2015
MrPresident1:

Wallahi tallahi, if I give you e-slap your destiny go reset. angry

I'm sure your brain is not functioning
Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by Robertnnaemeka(m): 8:37pm On Nov 19, 2015
You are wrong dear. THere is nothing like such. I know lots of people who won it and many are from humble background. The only similar thing among the winners is that they are brilliant. Of all those that won it I know(I personally know not less than 5), none of them has any political connection nor is their father or relative a politician. Those guys are those whose parents you would meet in village market selling this or that.
onlysuccess:

HOW many poor citizens have access to such scholarships?
it's wise they scrab it jare, since the children of the rich are the ones still
getting the scholarships. the rich getting richer.....
anyway ADMISSION IS ON FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN STUDYING IN CYPRUS
CALL 08064934353 OR BBM: 2BC2D52A.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by Alezy(m): 8:42pm On Nov 19, 2015
nigerianvenom:

One of friend is a beneficiary of the maiden edition or the second edition.
And hes from osun state, he is in scotland and almost rounding up. Prior to election, i asked him who he would av voted for if he were in Nigeria, he said - buhari, i then asked why and he said gej lacked d will power to fight corruption.
I laugh off.
I just sent him this link
Pls double send the link....Make him eye clear

2 Likes

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by MrPresident1: 8:44pm On Nov 19, 2015
eazydon:

I'm sure your brain is not functioning

anuofia!
Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by dialfa: 8:49pm On Nov 19, 2015
Splashme:
How did Nigeria end up with
this baboon in Aso Rock?

yoruba people

1 Like

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by 93RD(m): 9:14pm On Nov 19, 2015
A lot of things still need to be addressed if this country must move forward. How can you stop a scheme as good as this just because it doesn't favour you? And one thing i have noticed on nairaland is that some people who sleep morning and night screaming thier political party or the name of one individual won't comment on a thread like this. This same people are the reason Nigeria is backward because they give voting in recycled politicians and leaders that won't move us forward. undecided

2 Likes

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by eazydon(m): 9:29pm On Nov 19, 2015
MrPresident1:

anuofia!

Onye iberibe
Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by mickey45: 9:41pm On Nov 19, 2015
arafone:
we have enough universities here in Nigeria.I don't see any reason for scholarship to study abroad
Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by EazyMoh(m): 9:58pm On Nov 19, 2015
CCsurplus007:

So wike is now igbo? you amaze me bro. Why did portharcout and bayelsa indigenes not dominate any of the three editions? you also say a shoddy process of selection when your scores are displayed almost immediately you click submit.
I never said Wike was Igbo. It's like you guys only see what you wanna see, not what I type.
The question it's not which and which part of the south the winners were from, but that why is it in a ratio of 1:99?
Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by mickey45: 10:04pm On Nov 19, 2015
EazyMoh:

I never said Wike was the minister during the first batch, I said "held sway" we all know he was more powerful than the Hajiya, no thanks to his rapport with Madam Patience.
I also never mentioned the stats for the first two batches, I only mentioned the last which the Igbos dominated, and which you yourself confirm. Point is no justification could be given why for three consecutive batches not 1% northerners are deemed fit to qualify by using a shoddy process of selection.

Didn't want to say anything but may I ask whether or not the same Wike wasn't in the said posts when PTDF and NITDA were held in these years you mentioned?

And before you say, quota restricted him, "held sway" means he could always poke his hands into all programs given his "rapport with Madam Patience"

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Nigeria Must Learn From The Death Of James Ocholi SAN - CramJones / Nigeria Ambassador To Morocco, Bamalli Nuhu Dies At 42 / "Those Accusing Me Of Sponsoring Boko Haram Are Mad" - Jonathan

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.