Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,114 members, 7,887,238 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:18 AM

FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) (27981 Views)

FG Cancels NPA Contract With Intels, Atiku's Company / FG Cancels NIMASA University Project, Seeks Payment Refund / FG Cancels Pipeline Protection Contracts’ Award To Ethnic Militias (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by mickey45: 10:07pm On Nov 19, 2015
EazyMoh:

I never said Wike was the minister during the first batch, I said "held sway" we all know he was more powerful than the Hajiya, no thanks to his rapport with Madam Patience.
I also never mentioned the stats for the first two batches, I only mentioned the last which the Igbos dominated, and which you yourself confirm. Point is no justification could be given why for three consecutive batches not 1% northerners are deemed fit to qualify by using a shoddy process of selection.

Didn't want to say anything but may I ask whether or not the same Wike wasn't in the said posts when PTDF and NITDA were held in these years you mentioned?

And before you say, quota restricted him, "held sway" means he could always poke his hands into all programs given his "rapport with Madam Patience"

It's fine if they cite "funding problem" as reason but they'd have to come up with reasons why PRESSID is the only target.
By the way, PRESSID is the only non-proffessional oriented one of all of them.
PTDF doesn't sponsor development courses....

Such decisions need to be debated before action is taken, but only insiders know what transpired here.
Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by EazyMoh(m): 10:11pm On Nov 19, 2015
ghostmist:
Guy SHUT UP ALREADY...stop spewing BUNKUM
now, say after me MERIT!
say it again, MERIT!
one more time, MERIT!
This is not quota system or federal character. If the first class graduates from the north are unable to compete with those from the south, it is not our fault. It means they need to sit up.
Lol! repeat after you!
There are literally hundreds of scholarships that are based on merit out there, among which many northerners (even though not in the same proportion with the south) do win. Like Total, Shell, MTN, Chevining etc but the ratio has never been even 1:10 not to talk of an outrageous 1:99 THREE TIMES!
Even those scholarships or appointments that follow quota system or federal character one has to be qualified.
And don't get me started with this north-south education debate.
Yes the south has more people studying than the north, but that doesn't necessarily translate to quality education or producing sound graduates.
Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by Iamoilprince(m): 10:11pm On Nov 19, 2015
Pavarottii:

#ZombieAlert! The first class from all sch registered under the NUC will compete again to make the 102students to be given a year. U dig zombie?

Sharap u! Local Ape!!!
Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by EazyMoh(m): 10:14pm On Nov 19, 2015
ERAKAMUS:
[s][/s] Na rubbish you write so
It's not an offence to enter Guest mode if you don't have what it takes to be part of the convo.
Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by omonnakoda: 10:27pm On Nov 19, 2015
List of successful applicants for Pressid scholarship is out. The Implementation Committee of the Presidential Special Scholarship Scheme for Innovation and Development (PRESSID) is pleased to announce the names of the successful candidates for the award of scholarships for the 2015/2016 academic session as follows:

S/No NAME
1. ABDULHAFIZ, ONIMISI USMAN
2. ABDULHAKEEM, ONIMISI MOMOH
3. ABDULJELIL, IYANIWURA ADIO ADEBOLA
4. ABDULRAHMAN, OLAOBAJU
5. ABIODUN, ADESOLA ADETUNJI
6. ADUNOLA, CHRISTIANA FASHOGBON
7. ALOYSIUS, KENECHUKWU EZEILO
8. ATINUKE, OMOTANWA OLALEYE
9. AUSTIN, AKACHUKWU NWOKEDIUKO
10. AYODEJI, AVIS ADENIRAN
11. AYOMIDE, AYEYEMI AKINTAYO
12. BABAJIDE, OLAOLU AKINTUNDE
13. BABAJIDE, YUSUF ONANUGA
14. BAYONLE, AISHAT DAUDA
15. BEST, EDEKI
16. CHARLES, OBIOHA OSUAFOR
17. CHIAMAKA, PEACE UZOEWULU
18. CHIDOZIE, DONALD OJOBOR
19. CHIKA, VICTOR EZE
20. CHIMA, DONATUS UJOATUONU
21. CHIMA, STANLEY EKE
22. CHINEDU, AZUBUIKE AJOKU
23. CHINEDU, JOSEPH NWOKEDIUKO
24. CHISOM, IHUAKU AKAKURU
25. CHISOM, SYLVIA ANYAEZU
26. CHUKWUMA, DAVID IZUOGU
27. DANIEL, OBIORA UDENZE
28. DANIEL, OSETARE IKHALO
29. EBERE, SUNNY CHUKWUBA
30. EMEKA, NDULUE
31. EMMANUEL, OKEOGHENE EFEONAH
32. EMMANUEL, OLUWATOBI OLUGBADE
33. FLORA, TOBI OYINE OKETA
34. GABRIEL, UGOCHUKWU EGBO
35. GIDEON, IDUMAH
36. GIDEON, UCHEHARA
37. HILLARY, ONYEBUCHI ONYISHI
38. HYACINTH, CHIJIOKE ALI
39. IFEANYI, KIZITO MADU
40. IFEOMA, UCHENNA ONUGHA
41. IKENNA, CHRISTOPHER OKWARA
42. ISAIAH, OLABISI ADELABU
43. ISIJOKELU, GIFT IJEH
44. ISRAEL, MAYOMI THOMAS
45. ISRAEL, OLABISI KOIKU
46. IZUNNA, ODINAKA UMEZINNE
47. JIDEOFOR, AMBROSE HENRY ODOEZE
48. JOSEPH, OLUWABUSAYO ADETOYINBO
49. JOSHUA, ADELEKE FOLORUNSO
50. JUDE, IKAZEGBE INWUMOH
51. KINGSLEY, ONYEKACHI EGBO
52. MARTIN, CHINWEOKWU EZE
53. MARTINS, OSHIORIAMHE AINERUA
54. MARYLEEN, ULUAKU NDUBUAKU
55. MORGAN, MANUCHIM WOPARA
56. MOSES, ENWUBIKO UFFOR
57. NNAEMEKA, WALTER CHIME
58. OBIAJULU, COLLINS CHUKWUMA
59. OGADIMMA, DESMOND OKAGU
60. OGECHUKWU, VINCENTIA EZEH
61. OGHENETEGA, JOSHUA ODJEGBA
62. OGHENEYOMA, OGAGAOGHENE ADJEKPIYEDE
63. OGOCHUKWU, KINGSLEY IJEOMAH
64. OKWUNNA, MARYJANE UMEGO
65. OLADAYO, AKINOLA SIYANBOLA
66. OLAKUNLE, SUNDAY ABAWONSE
67. OLALEKAN, PETER OGUNMEFUN
68. OLAMIDE, YOMI KUMAPAYI
69. OLAPEJU, OMOSOLA BADEJO
70. OLUCHUKWU, ROSELINE OBI-ALAGO
71. OLUFISAYO, TITILOPE OSOKO
72. OLUMIDE, OLUSEGUN OSOKOYA
73. OLUWADAMILOLA, AYOTUNDE AYODELE
74. OLUWADARA, ABIDEMI OGUNKOYA
75. OLUWAFEMI, PAUL FALOLA
76. OLUWATOBI, AIKOMO
77. OLUWATOBILOBA, IBUKUN OLADUNNI
78. OLUWATOSIN, MATTHEW ADESANYA
79. ONUORAH, JOSHUA NWANI
80. ONYINYE, CHRISTIANA AZUBUIKE
81. OPEYEMI, LUKUMAN FADIPE
82. OSAGIE, AIWERIOGHENE ERIBO
83. OSEZUA, OBEHI IBHADODE
84. OYEBOLA, OLUWAKEMI OYESOLA
85. OYENIKE, IKEOLUWA OYELEKE
86. PROMISE, OBERORO AKENI
87. SAMUEL, ATU JUNIOR ABOK
88. SAMUEL, CHUKWUEMEKA OLISA
89. SAMUEL, OLUWAGBEMI IYIOLA
90. SCHOLASTICA, CHINELO OLANREWAJU
91. SHERIFAT, OMOKHUWA YESUFU
92. SIKIRU, ADEMOLA ADEWALE
93. SOLOMON, MATHEW ONWUEGBU
94. SOLOMON, OLASUNKANMI ODEYALE
95. STEPHEN, OHIMAI AGBI
96. TAOFEEQ, ALABI BADMUS
97. TEMITOPE, ANUOLUWAPO OLUGBEJE
98. TOLUWALEYI SAMUEL BABALOBI
99. TUMININU, AYOTUNDE LAWANSON
100. UCHECHUKWU, CHUKWUKA ARONU
101. UCHECHUKWU, SANDRA AGBOGWU
102. VICTOR , EMMANUEL SABO

http://scholarship.nuc.edu.ng/[/quote]
Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by EazyMoh(m): 10:29pm On Nov 19, 2015
mickey45:

Didn't want to say anything but may I ask whether or not the same Wike wasn't in the said posts when PTDF and NITDA were held in these years you mentioned?

And before you say, quota restricted him, "held sway" means he could always poke his hands into all programs given his "rapport with Madam Patience"

It's fine if they cite "funding problem" as reason but they'd have to come up with reasons why PRESSID is the only target.
By the way, PRESSID is the only non-proffessional oriented one of all of them.
PTDF doesn't sponsor development courses....

Such decisions need to be debated before action is taken, but only insiders know what transpired here.
Thanks for the understanding, to answer your questions, yes Wike "held sway" the as well.
But you should remember that those other FG scholarships have already established procedure for the selection, so it's much easier to distort this new scholarship than the old ones.
Don't get me wrong am not saying Wike in person has something to do with the 1:99 ratio, but something is definitely wrong with the process, which some of our law makers demanded for the criteria used for the selection, THRICE! but the then ministry of education refused to clarify.
Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by omonnakoda: 10:44pm On Nov 19, 2015
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/162429-osun-ogun-indigenes-top-nigerias-presidential-scholarship-awardees-wike.html

“There are no beneficiaries from Bayelsa and Kaduna states where the President and Vice President come from.”

———————————————-

Two states, Ogun and Osun, have topped the list of the annual Presidential Scholarship Scheme for Innovation and Development (PRESSID) with 17 and 15 respectively out of 104 beneficiaries.

The Supervising Minister for Education, Nyesom Wike, disclosed this at the award ceremony on Monday in Abuja.

He noted that the development was a sign of true leadership by President Goodluck Jonathan.

Mr. Wike stressed that the selection process was based purely on merit, adding that the process that produced the beneficiaries was rigorous, transparent and thorough.

He said the successful candidates, who went through the rigorous screening in the second edition of the awards, emerged tops out of about 2,000 candidates.

“I called out the names (of the two states) because they are not from states in the same party as the President.

“In fact, there are no beneficiaries from Bayelsa and Kaduna states where the President and Vice President come from. How many Nigerian leaders can do that?”

Osun and Ogun are controlled by the opposition All Progressives Congress, APC.

He said if federal character had been followed, as was being clamoured for by some people, many of the country’s top brains would have missed out from developing themselves and the country at large.

The minister urged them to be good ambassadors of Nigeria, adding that the government would not hesitate to withdraw the scholarship if they were found culpable of any misconduct in the course of their studies.

Julius Okojie, the Executive Secretary of the National Universities Commission (NUC), said 90 per cent of beneficiaries from the first edition of PRESSID were currently in schools abroad and were doing very well in their various studies.

“This shows that our first class degrees are truly first class. It also shows that some of our private universities are coming up and do not just award first class degrees anyhow,” Okojie said.

He added that the scheme was introduced following the discovery that less than 40 per cent of lecturers in the university system had doctorate degrees.

It was also to produce a critical mass of individuals to develop Nigeria in the area of innovation and development.

According to him, India, China and Singapore are also practising the same system, adding that Nigeria will start to benefit in the next five years when the beneficiaries start graduating and returning home.

“There was no nomination from anywhere. This is the only scholarship scheme where the names of the awardees are published because they deserve it.’’

He said that the selection process was not influenced by anybody.

The beneficiaries, all first lass graduates, are to study in various fields, including medical sciences, information technology and electrical/electronics, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, civil engineering, economics, physics and petroleum engineering.

The 76 males and 28 females will study for their Masters and Doctorate Degrees in the 25 best universities abroad.

1 Like

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by CCsurplus007(m): 11:29pm On Nov 19, 2015
omonnakoda:
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/162429-osun-ogun-indigenes-top-nigerias-presidential-scholarship-awardees-wike.html

“There are no beneficiaries from Bayelsa and Kaduna states where the President and Vice President come from.”

———————————————-

Two states, Ogun and Osun, have topped the list of the annual Presidential Scholarship Scheme for Innovation and Development (PRESSID) with 17 and 15 respectively out of 104 beneficiaries.

The Supervising Minister for Education, Nyesom Wike, disclosed this at the award ceremony on Monday in Abuja.

He noted that the development was a sign of true leadership by President Goodluck Jonathan.

Mr. Wike stressed that the selection process was based purely on merit, adding that the process that produced the beneficiaries was rigorous, transparent and thorough.

He said the successful candidates, who went through the rigorous screening in the second edition of the awards, emerged tops out of about 2,000 candidates.

“I called out the names (of the two states) because they are not from states in the same party as the President.

“In fact, there are no beneficiaries from Bayelsa and Kaduna states where the President and Vice President come from. How many Nigerian leaders can do that?”

Osun and Ogun are controlled by the opposition All Progressives Congress, APC.

He said if federal character had been followed, as was being clamoured for by some people, many of the country’s top brains would have missed out from developing themselves and the country at large.

The minister urged them to be good ambassadors of Nigeria, adding that the government would not hesitate to withdraw the scholarship if they were found culpable of any misconduct in the course of their studies.

Julius Okojie, the Executive Secretary of the National Universities Commission (NUC), said 90 per cent of beneficiaries from the first edition of PRESSID were currently in schools abroad and were doing very well in their various studies.

“This shows that our first class degrees are truly first class. It also shows that some of our private universities are coming up and do not just award first class degrees anyhow,” Okojie said.

He added that the scheme was introduced following the discovery that less than 40 per cent of lecturers in the university system had doctorate degrees.

It was also to produce a critical mass of individuals to develop Nigeria in the area of innovation and development.

According to him, India, China and Singapore are also practising the same system, adding that Nigeria will start to benefit in the next five years when the beneficiaries start graduating and returning home.

“There was no nomination from anywhere. This is the only scholarship scheme where the names of the awardees are published because they deserve it.’’

He said that the selection process was not influenced by anybody.

The beneficiaries, all first lass graduates, are to study in various fields, including medical sciences, information technology and electrical/electronics, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, civil engineering, economics, physics and petroleum engineering.

The 76 males and 28 females will study for their Masters and Doctorate Degrees in the 25 best universities abroad.

God bless you for this. I think this should be the second edition. you can imagine the opposition states governed by APC dominating the list after some people would come here say something they know nothing about. Going by their wrapped logic people from Bayelsa and Porharcout should have topped the list

1 Like

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by Chucksty(m): 1:15am On Nov 20, 2015
You, that is the crapy things you get from a govt that lacks sense of direction. It is clear this man is in to pay back both opponents and regions he perceived are not in his holy book of record. Political enemies and region. He will not want to support whatever certain regions are fully involved in. Look at a scholarship which I continue to say was one of the best thing the immediate past administration did to ensure that Nigeria attains self sufficiency in the aggressively growing global technology and beyond. How can you drive a country's future without thinking of a way you could provide for yourself what you need. The US has constantly being telling us indirectly and directly that we will remain fools until we begin to solve our problems yet, our leaders are still being foolish and lacking in direction to create an enabling environment for its citizenry. What happens to the engine that will drive our innovations and technological advances. Are we still building on the premises of buying other countries technology and using them and then thinking we are developing? That is a self deceit.

Donald Trump in one of his US presidential debates said Africans are good for nothing aside sex and thuggery and that all they have were given to them by the US and that they can decide anytime to disconnect the region from the world and they will be mo more. And I ask, does our leaders have people who follow all these events? Don't they hear all these things? Isn't this enough to inculcate in them a sense of direction? I can't just imagine the feelings within just me, like what I will do for my country if am in a position of power and a fellow leader somewhere utters this. Mennnnnnnnnnhhhhh, let's just leave this for another day. However, until I see an official proclamation on this cancellation, I will still hope this govt have not lost all its sense of direction.

1 Like

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by mickey45: 2:30am On Nov 20, 2015
EazyMoh:

Thanks for the understanding, to answer your questions, yes Wike "held sway" the as well.
But you should remember that those other FG scholarships have already established procedure for the selection, so it's much easier to distort this new scholarship than the old ones.
Don't get me wrong am not saying Wike in person has something to do with the 1:99 ratio, but something is definitely wrong with the process, which some of our law makers demanded for the criteria used for the selection, THRICE! but the then ministry of education refused to clarify.

But he's out now, so Buhari could've sanitized the process as he deems fit.
If saving cost is the excuse, there are many other government expenses that deserve such cancellations, take Hajj and Pilgrimage sponsorship for instance.

3 Likes

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by CCsurplus007(m): 3:38am On Nov 20, 2015
EazyMoh:

I would not dispute the fact that Northerners produce first class. Rules are rules. The rule of pressid is strictly merit. Even in the Northern Universities southerners dominate. My cousin attended Usman Danfodio University and got 98/100 in their post utme.She had the overall best post utme score. She eventually graduated with a first class sweeping numerous awards. My younger bro attended futminna, the best graduating student in his set was a guy from Benue. I can say for every engineering Ist class graduate the north produces , you would find at least 10 in the south west or east and thats the reality on ground. Compare secondary education in the south against the north. How many Northerner's have been the overall best in Waec and Neco results or jamb? or is it not the same yobe that with 4% an indigene would gain admission in unity schools so why do you feel the case would be different when it comes to tertiary education?. The implementation committee of the pressid scholarship has about 3 Northern professors. I guess they would not permit any discrepancies that would have denied their region their rightful place. They never complained for once because they knew the rules. Prof Okojie explained to the house repeatedly that pressid does not use quota system. He submitted all information right from the call of application to the assessment they used in the computer base exam yet they were not satisfied. Most senators of Northern extraction ( with the sultan of sokoto) were those calling for the cancellation. So I dont know which other process you are talking about. It is easier to distort the PTDF exam as you dont get to see your score so you can't say with fact if you did well or not or compare your performance with others to determine your chances. In all honesty, every individual that wrote the pressid exam knew their chances immediately after the exam as your score would be displayed once you submit. You would also have to sign over your score and I guess it was done so that the officials don't tamper with the results. The Northerners should formulate polices that should would see her citizens compete favourably with her counterparts in the south. This is just the reality on ground.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by Pavarottii(m): 5:59am On Nov 20, 2015
project7:

Just right click on it and save image as anything.jpeg
Thanks
Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by mikolo80: 7:27am On Nov 20, 2015
speedyGonzales:

Can you prove that nobody, has ever benefited from it? simply because you do not know anyone? Like I have responded to someone previously... this kind of programmes has worked before in Nigeria, my cousin currently benefiting from similar scheme by Akwa Ibom State govt. doing his MSc.
only man know man de win the scholarship
very few nobodies get selected
I cannot speak for akwa ibom but fg under pdp na Padi Padi share the money
it should be for indigent but the rich still corner it even after looting
Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by Chigold101(m): 8:51am On Nov 20, 2015
CCsurplus007:
The question is If president Buhari can continue with PTDF and NITDA scholarship which uses quota system why is there no funds for the pressid scholarship?The fact is some people feel threatened because Pressid does not use Quota System... Too bad
true talk... GEJ made it clear that it must be by merit... And no Hausa/Fulani person has ever made it true and they want it death. Soon it will resurrect with another name and Hausa/Fulani people will be the beneficiallys...
False country of false people
Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by hirschfelder: 11:25am On Nov 20, 2015

1 Like

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by EazyMoh(m): 3:09pm On Nov 20, 2015
CCsurplus007:

I would not dispute the fact that Northerners produce first class. Rules are rules. The rule of pressid is strictly merit. Even in the Northern Universities southerners dominate. My cousin attended Usman Danfodio University and got 98/100 in their post utme.She had the overall best post utme score. She eventually graduated with a first class sweeping numerous awards. My younger bro attended futminna, the best graduating student in his set was a guy from Benue. I can say for every engineering Ist class graduate the north produces , you would find at least 10 in the south west or east and thats the reality on ground. Compare secondary education in the south against the north. How many Northerner's have been the overall best in Waec and Neco results or jamb? or is it not the same yobe that with 4% an indigene would gain admission in unity schools so why do you feel the case would be different when it comes to tertiary education?. The implementation committee of the pressid scholarship has about 3 Northern professors. I guess they would not permit any discrepancies that would have denied their region their rightful place. They never complained for once because they knew the rules. Prof Okojie explained to the house repeatedly that pressid does not use quota system. He submitted all information right from the call of application to the assessment they used in the computer base exam yet they were not satisfied. Most senators of Northern extraction ( with the sultan of sokoto) were those calling for the cancellation. So I dont know which other process you are talking about. It is easier to distort the PTDF exam as you dont get to see your score so you can't say with fact if you did well or not or compare your performance with others to determine your chances. In all honesty, every individual that wrote the pressid exam knew their chances immediately after the exam as your score would be displayed once you submit. You would also have to sign over your score and I guess it was done so that the officials don't tamper with the results. The Northerners should formulate polices that should would see her citizens compete favourably with her counterparts in the south. This is just the reality on ground.
Thank you for the information. I just hope the rumor of the cancellation remains a rumor, and subsequent awards show some sense of fairness and transparency.
I rest my case.
Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by EazyMoh(m): 3:10pm On Nov 20, 2015
mickey45:

But he's out now, so Buhari could've sanitized the process as he deems fit.
If saving cost is the excuse, there are many other government expenses that deserve such cancellations, take Hajj and Pilgrimage sponsorship for instance.
You are right.
Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by omonnakoda: 9:42pm On Nov 21, 2015
hirschfelder:
I believe most of the comments made on this post are as a result of lack of information.
To start with, whilst it is true that there are more first class graduates from the east, west and southern parts of the country than from the north, we all know they are all of the same level of intelligence with few exceptions of course.
The ONLY reason northerners didn't perform well in the test was because of lack of information not lack of intelligence. Some people were aware of a DATABASE of questions from which the exams were mostly set exactly (this information was clearly posted on nairaland, those who saw it benefited immensely and some were able to answer the 97 maths and logic questions- laden aptitude test in less than 45 minutes). Anybody who has done any standard test will attest to the fact that this is quite remarkable- if not impossible, without prior knowledge. Whether the NUC is wrong for repeating questions verbatim from an accessible database is up for debate.
I believe that any average JSS3 student with access to this database of questions will ace the exam. So it's obvious it wasn't d northerners perceived inferiority that's the reason for their failure.
P.S. Some people still passed the test despite not having had access to the database; few though!
Your comment suffers from what it criticizes ,first is there any EVIDENCE that Northerners did not have similar access to this "DATABASE" ? This is your own assumption which lacks evidence or substantiation. We are talking of FIRST CLASS graduates not villagers!! but you want us to believe that northern First class graduates do not have the same access to information as their southern counterparts? Hmm why should we accept this claim. After all some people from the north were successful and some states in the south e.g Bayelsa did particularly badly. Is there any evidence to show that those candidates from the south did not graduate from Northern universities?

Anyway there have been 3 editions of PRESSID and this database claim only emerged the last time. What about the other two?

Finally if this database was that crucial everyone should have scored 100%.

I do not take the position of the argument opposite to yours just to point out that your argument is illogical. It is difficult to believe that First class graduates do not know where to get information that is in the public domain because they are Northern Believing that will stretch credulity to the limit. It is strange that you believe such an absurd hypothesis

The other illogical claim you make is First class graduates are of the same level of intelligence. Really? This is really ridiculous.There is no basis for this and a First class degree is not a measure of intelligence AT ALL. You do not need above average intelligence to get a First class degree

1 Like

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by CCsurplus007(m): 10:04pm On Nov 21, 2015
omonnakoda:
Your comment suffers from what it criticizes ,first is there any EVIDENCE that Northerners did not have similar access to this "DATABASE" ? This is your own assumption which lacks evidence or substantiation. We are talking of FIRST CLASS graduates not villagers!! but you want us to believe that northern First class graduates do not have the same access to information as their southern counterparts? Hmm why should we accept this claim. After all some people from the north were successful and some states in the south e.g Bayelsa did particularly badly. Is there any evidence to show that those candidates from the south did not graduate from Northern universities?

Anyway there have been 3 editions of PRESSID and this database claim only emerged the last time. What about the other two?

Finally if this database was that crucial everyone should have scored 100%.

I do not take the position of the argument opposite to yours just to point out that your argument is illogical. It is difficult to believe that First class graduates do not know where to get information that is in the public domain because they are Northern Believing that will stretch credulity to the limit. It is strange that you believe such an absurd hypothesis

The other illogical claim you make is First class graduates are of the same level of intelligence. Really? This is really ridiculous.There is no basis for this and a First class degree is not a measure of intelligence AT ALL. You do not need above average intelligence to get a First class degree

Dont mind that guy. People just cook up concocted stories to whip up sentiments. Even if people used the sofware , so we should cry that the northerners couldnt get it? or the excellent grades southerners make in both waec, jamb and neco are because they used waec softwares. Oh lest i forget, the best graduating students of Nigerian origin in both Uk and Usa schools have been southerners I guess they used software too.smh for some people

1 Like

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by hirschfelder: 7:01am On Nov 22, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FFK: Hell Will Let Loose If El-zakzaky, Kanu Or Dasuki Is Murdered In Custody / Sanwo-Olu, Hamzat And Others Inspect Ikeja BRT Terminal, Igando Housing Estate / 'Peter Obi Is Using June 12 For Cruise' - Sowore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.