Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,842 members, 7,918,734 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 02:41 PM

Can Peter Obi Survive The Impeachment Saga? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Peter Obi Survive The Impeachment Saga? (1809 Views)

The Illegality In Ekiti Impeachment Saga / Impeachment Saga-fayose's Commissioner Arrested With Weapons,acid&charms(photos) / Graphic Pics: One Shot Dead This Morning During Ekiti Impeachment Saga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Peter Obi Survive The Impeachment Saga? by molasco(m): 9:59am On Oct 17, 2006
Finally, the wind of impeachment has blown to Anambra in the South East. Peter Obi, the man of the masses had  been served with impeachment notice.

The question now remains- who want(s) him out of office and will Peter Obi survive this impeachment?

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Can Peter Obi Survive The Impeachment Saga? by ogochukwuk: 10:46am On Oct 17, 2006
I believe mr peter obi will come out of the mess victorious.
most members of the state assembly members went there to make money.
hence the money is not forth coming they want to impeach obi so that they will keep on rooting the treasury of the state,
shameless house members who their only discussion during the president last visit to the state was to give them andy uba as there governor, shameless being.
shameless idiots ,let them go to their respective constituency to give their stewardship.
if the constitution were working most of them could have been recalled because they represent their personal interest.
shameless fools.
Re: Can Peter Obi Survive The Impeachment Saga? by lewa(m): 5:29pm On Oct 17, 2006
Let's see. Disappointed with the legislators sha.Anambra like her sister state Oyo are in the grip of thugs, murderers,ritualists and the like. One day go come sha
Re: Can Peter Obi Survive The Impeachment Saga? by BigB11(m): 9:04pm On Oct 17, 2006
It will be great for democracy.

I think he's an incredible man.
Re: Can Peter Obi Survive The Impeachment Saga? by BigB11(m): 9:07pm On Oct 17, 2006
Please, disregard my previous comment. It was posted on a wrong topic.

Thanks.
Big B1
Re: Can Peter Obi Survive The Impeachment Saga? by otokx(m): 6:50am On Oct 18, 2006
I doubt if Mr. Obi will survive even if he criss carpets to PDP. He better start making plans to flee from Nigeria through bayelsa as they have blocked the other land borders.
Re: Can Peter Obi Survive The Impeachment Saga? by feelgood(m): 10:06am On Oct 19, 2006
Yes he will - no need to lose sleep on the matter. The legislators are looking for money, that's all.
They know they won't get it and so want to make noise.
A baby who wants ice cream from parents who feel there is something better to do with money
will naturally cry and scream. When everyone ignores it, then it whimpers and satisfies itself with
sucking it's thumb. That's all.
Let's talk better things.

Be cool
Re: Can Peter Obi Survive The Impeachment Saga? by Odeku(m): 2:14pm On Oct 19, 2006
All OBJ critics, I guess OBJ has hand in this allegation too right?
Allegations against OBI

The speaker reiterated the allegations levelled against Obi to include: the governor and deputy corruptly influenced and placed huge sums of money belonging to the state in Fidelity Bank Plc, a bank both of them have substantial interest in and of which the governor was the immediate past chairman; that the governor awarded the contract for the reconstruction of the Governor’s Office complex, Awka in the sum exceeding N100m to one of his campaign managers and associates, Mr I.K Nwandu; that the Governor awarded to his kinsman, one Mr Anthony Akpulu, the contract for the construction of buildings in the Business Village whose value is put at N100m without going through due process. This was also said to be the case with the contract for the construction of secretariat the complex whose cost was put at N500m to Mr Paul Enidom, his partner and business associate. They also accuse him of several other contract awards without following due process.
Re: Can Peter Obi Survive The Impeachment Saga? by lewa(m): 3:52pm On Oct 19, 2006
Heard he was crying when the state monarchs paid him a solidarity visit,protesting his innocence.If they really want to go ahead and impeach him he should resign and go back to his house.I always had high regards for Mr Obi,but now i'm at my wits end-it's not sine qua non to be in GH.He should dare the legislators,strip himself of his constitutional immunity and call EFCC to check the alleged claims.If he can't do that that means he's a rogue too like his predecessors-Ngige and Mbadinuju, two shameless kleptocrats grin grin
Re: Can Peter Obi Survive The Impeachment Saga? by ono(m): 5:30pm On Oct 19, 2006
lewa:

Heard he was crying when the state monarchs paid him a solidarity visit,protesting his innocence.If they really want to go ahead and impeach him he should resign and go back to his house.I always had high regards for Mr Obi,but now i'm at my wits end-it's not sine qua non to be in GH.He should dare the legislators,strip himself of his constitutional immunity and call EFCC to check the alleged claims.If he can't do that that means he's a rogue too like his predecessors-Ngige and Mbadinuju, two shameless kleptocrats grin grin

Hmn, seriously, that's a good way to clear oneself. But I just realised now that it does not really matter anyway. If OBJ wants you out, there's nothing anyone can do about it - no matter how clean you might be. Please read the passage below.

http://elendureports.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=279
Re: Can Peter Obi Survive The Impeachment Saga? by zinwa: 6:29pm On Oct 19, 2006
I pray Mr peter Obi comes out of that impeachment mess, though he has not really done anything since his assumption of office.its really a pity that members of the stat house of assembly are shameles rogues who has sold their conscience and mortgaged their children's future in the name of money to that tout chris Uba.But i believe and pray that God will disgrace them all.
Re: Can Peter Obi Survive The Impeachment Saga? by lewa(m): 12:06am On Oct 20, 2006
@ Ono,
no be by force to siddon for GH.Mr Obi should vacate GH if he feels the state no longer needs his help.Honourable resignation isn't the end of the world.,afterall he touts his resume as a technocrat.Posterity would then vindicate him that some ill machinations were behind his ouster.
Re: Can Peter Obi Survive The Impeachment Saga? by Odeku(m): 3:06am On Oct 20, 2006
Why can't Nigerians politicians emulate their American counter parts, In America if you are accused of any crime as a public official, the 1st step for the individual is to gracefully resign and subject himself to full investigation and exonerate himself, but in Nigeria you have all this rouges boosting they cant be remove, and when they are finally disgraced out they go into hidding. If OBI is innocent of all allegation, then he should go to the full extent of the law and let the evidence speaks for itself. Even Steve Wonder can see that this people are criminal.
Re: Can Peter Obi Survive The Impeachment Saga? by adconline(m): 8:48am On Oct 20, 2006
Odeku,
Dont forget that these house of assembly members did not win their elections. They were hand picked by Chris Uba. They are his stooges. Why cant they forward their allegations to EFCC? These guys have ulterior motives
Re: Can Peter Obi Survive The Impeachment Saga? by Odeku(m): 8:10pm On Oct 22, 2006
Interesting, well lets wait and see
Re: Can Peter Obi Survive The Impeachment Saga? by otokx(m): 1:55am On Oct 23, 2006
@ODEKU, Good advice
Re: Can Peter Obi Survive The Impeachment Saga? by frankdelis(m): 1:19pm On Oct 25, 2006
I don't really understand why Nigerians prefer setimentalism to constitutionalism. Gov. obi is a man i respect so much, and being an old boy of christ the king college,(ckc, onitsha),i have soft spot for him but we should be more concerned about the constitutionalities of the going ons. If his hands are clean, the panel of enquiry will clear him of those allegations, but mind you,it's difficult to see a gov.who is clean if not for anything, they apply setiments in everything they do.(the acount issue with fidelity bank)
having recieved an impeachment notice, the constitution says that such person(s) should face a constituted panel of enquiry for a fair hearing, let him(Obi) face the panel, though, am scared cos Obi is in power and we all know that power corrupts!
Re: Can Peter Obi Survive The Impeachment Saga? by frankdelis(m): 1:33pm On Oct 25, 2006
ogochukwu,
the issue here is, IS GOV OBI GUILTY OR INNOCENT OF THE ALLEGATIONS? and we can only find out through the report of the panel. let him prepare himself to face the panel, if he is innocent, God will vindicate him.
Am only interested in the due process of the impeachment process. as long as the due process is followed, i will accept the outcome, then it will be constitutional.
Re: Can Peter Obi Survive The Impeachment Saga? by adconline(m): 2:16am On Oct 27, 2006
I know of sentiments, but he who goes to equity must go with clean hands. These guys were selected and installed by Ubas. Chris Ngige did not win the election and he chose to play balls with assembly members. I personally know some  of these guys. One representing my constituency   had no job and became a millionaire over night, built houses in Awka and his hometown. Mr Humphrey Nsofor, a member of the assembly is already touting Andy Uba as a worth replacement. We all know Ubas, they want everything in Anambra state regardless of whose life is lost. They destroyed everything to kick Ngige out  because he did not agree to let them loot the treasury.
  OBJ cannot stop to amaze. He made a very un-presidential remark of the century by telling Peter Obi that he had a worth replace in the person of Andy Uba when he was on state visit. Can you imagine Mr. Thabo Mbeki telling a regional governor that he would not be re-elected even if he got the support of his electorates? This tells you how free 2007 election will be.  OBJ spat on Peter Obi, his host, Senator Ben Obi (not relatives), PDP founder Dr. Alex Ekwueme, Dr Pius Ezife and many Anambra dignitaries who had graced the occasion. Most of all, he spat on the whole people of Anambra State. OBJ is hell bent of self-destructing Anambra State. His biggest arch enemies are from Anambra, His govt said that Zik did not pay tax. He said that he wanted to capture Ojukwu alive and still regrets that up till today. He doesn’t hide his disaffection for Alex Ekwueme, who designed and built PDP wagon OBJ stole at gunpoint in Jos Convention. He hated Okadigbo and saw to his extermination. Assembly members jumped on that impetuous statement and moved a motion for Obi’s impeachment. Politicians do not learn lessons, Oyo lawbreakers were used and dumped and now they are regretting their actions. It could be replicated in Anambra.
Re: Can Peter Obi Survive The Impeachment Saga? by lewa(m): 5:45am On Oct 27, 2006
@ Adcoline,
Oyo lawmakers were not used and dumped as you wrote.But i would say without being economical OBJ is definately a lout.What do you expect? Why should Peter Obi invite him?Senator Ben Obi didnt vote for the 3rd term and he's not pro OBJ.Also he does not belong to the UBA Brotherhood Alliance so how can he return as Senator next year.APGA is Ojukwu's party and you don't expect OBJ to come and give Gov Obi a pat on the head. He came to sow seeds of discord and see what's happening. Peter better have some joker in his back pocket
Re: Can Peter Obi Survive The Impeachment Saga? by otokx(m): 2:44am On Oct 30, 2006
they have just burnt the government lodge, this people are really destroying all their infrastructure.
Re: Can Peter Obi Survive The Impeachment Saga? by Nobody: 4:41am On Oct 30, 2006
Time for my own 2pence:

Odeku:

All OBJ critics, I guess OBJ has hand in this allegation too right?
Allegations against OBI

The speaker reiterated the allegations levelled against Obi to include: the governor and deputy corruptly influenced and placed huge sums of money belonging to the state in Fidelity Bank Plc, a bank both of them have substantial interest in and of which the governor was the immediate past chairman; that the governor awarded the contract for the reconstruction of the Governor’s Office complex, Awka in the sum exceeding N100m to one of his campaign managers and associates, Mr I.K Nwandu; that the Governor awarded to his kinsman, one Mr Anthony Akpulu, the contract for the construction of buildings in the Business Village whose value is put at N100m without going through due process. This was also said to be the case with the contract for the construction of secretariat the complex whose cost was put at N500m to Mr Paul Enidom, his partner and business associate. They also accuse him of several other contract awards without following due process.

The only offence was flouting that mysterious expression called "due process"? Where were these legislathieves when Ngige practically spent 3 illegal yrs as governor of Anambra state? Was that not an impeachable offence?

lewa:

@ Ono,
no be by force to siddon for GH.Mr Obi should vacate GH if he feels the state no longer needs his help.Honourable resignation isn't the end of the world.,afterall he touts his resume as a technocrat.Posterity would then vindicate him that some ill machinations were behind his ouster.

The word "posterity" is an empty word by Nigerian standards, it is mainly used by kleptocrats caught with their hands in the cookie jar in order to escape justice!

The word "honor" is usually not one that can be associated with goverogues, legislathieves and politrickcians.

Poor Obi, i can understand his pain. After fighting for 3 yrs for your mandate, you are set to lose it after only 7 months!
Re: Can Peter Obi Survive The Impeachment Saga? by Odeku(m): 11:51pm On Oct 30, 2006
Interesting. we will see
Re: Can Peter Obi Survive The Impeachment Saga? by kitaun(m): 1:13am On Oct 31, 2006
For all i know and care, Obi will come out of this unscathed!
Re: Can Peter Obi Survive The Impeachment Saga? by Odeku(m): 2:42am On Oct 31, 2006
if he is corrupt he should be impeach and jail. its time for accountability and transparency. we can't continue to support this people and let them keep stealing our money. we will wait and see
Re: Can Peter Obi Survive The Impeachment Saga? by mrcoffe: 3:17am On Oct 31, 2006
[s][i]In respect to impeachment that is still in process in Anambra state, the speaker house of assembly has requested the chief judge of Anambra State to appoint forthwith a panel of seven persons otherwise known as 7 man panel to investigate the alligation vis-a-viz alligation of gross miss-conduct (see section 143(2) of the 1999 Constitution of Frederal Republic of Nigeria). It was announced this evening been 30th-10-06,that the panel has been duely appointed. Based on this fact, the chances of peter obi to retain the office is 10/100% in the sence that he can only retain the office on one clever condition which i won't disclose tongue  cool lipsrsealed, ha ha ha grin

Re: Can Peter Obi Survive The Impeachment Saga? by Odeku(m): 3:30am On Oct 31, 2006
Interesting, and my question is why is the presidency taking so long to kick all this bad egg out? Nigeria of today is more advance, and there are so many ways we can trace the illigal activities of all this corrupt politicians with the help of the develop nations.
Re: Can Peter Obi Survive The Impeachment Saga? by kitaun(m): 5:44pm On Oct 31, 2006
And why the heck is mrcoffe displaying his contact no? For Obi to come crawling at his feet to avoid impeachment? Na wah o!

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba Leader Bombed In Jos / Kemi Adegoke Blazes Trail In Uk Politics / Science Teachers Get Salary Increment In Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.