Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,950 members, 7,931,310 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 09:57 PM

Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? (40709 Views)

How To Make It As A Nigerian In America In 2014 / Nigerians In Czech Republic How Life / Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by Nobody: 2:15am On Aug 14, 2013
What's happening here?
Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by gowaga68: 12:25pm On Sep 23, 2013
Geo-man:
What's happening here?

i wonder o!!! where are all the dude's at??
am planing coming over there to study at CULS next year... i need lots if information to get started.
Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 23, 2013
gowaga68:

i wonder o!!! where are all the dude's at??
am planing coming over there to study at CULS next year... i need lots if information to get started.
Ask any question you have,i will be in CULS next week by his special grace.i just got my visa few days ago,preparing to leave soon.
Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by gowaga68: 3:22pm On Sep 24, 2013
Geo-man:
Ask any question you have,i will be in CULS next week by his special grace.i just got my visa few days ago,preparing to leave soon.

Hello Geo-man,

i have been having some problems on knowing the total cost of getting there and have some questions like
Do they accept Neco result?
where will the medical travel Insurance be done? (here or there and how much does it cost)

will i have to Translate all the documents to Czech language?

i didnt see the tution fee of Economics and Managemet is it the same fee with business administration being 10,000 Czk?

is it possible to check their hostel before paying for it (just in case i dont like it or have other place to stay)

how can i go aboutL: a copy of the transcript of your secondary school academic records with the allocation of hours in English or a certified English translation of the transcript.

to simplify things how much will be the total cost sending me to the school from 9ja to CULS?
thanks.
Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Sep 24, 2013
gowaga68:

Hello Geo-man,

i have been having some problems on knowing the total cost of getting there and have some questions like
Do they accept Neco result?
where will the medical travel Insurance be done? (here or there and how much does it cost)

will i have to Translate all the documents to Czech language?

i didnt see the tution fee of Economics and Managemet is it the same fee with business administration being 10,000 Czk?

is it possible to check their hostel before paying for it (just in case i dont like it or have other place to stay)

how can i go aboutL: a copy of the transcript of your secondary school academic records with the allocation of hours in English or a certified English translation of the transcript.

to simplify things how much will be the total cost sending me to the school from 9ja to CULS?
thanks.

1 Yes they will accept your Neco once you have up to five credits including English language and Mathematics.
2 You don't need any medical insurance until your visa comes out,if your are granted visa they will ask you to get a comprehensive medical insurance which is only done in Czech republic.It is either you have someone that will help you with it over there or you do it online using credit card.
3 Yes you will have to translate up to five documents which include:Police report,letter of admission,sponsorship letter(that's if someone is sponsoring you),medical report and proof of accommodation.
4 I don't know about the fees,i can only say about my course which is 30 euros per semester.
5 Yes you can check out the dormitories by visiting the school website and checking on accommodation.if you don't like the school accommodation you can as well arrange for a private apartment.
6 They did not ask me to bring transcript of secondary school,they only asked me of my university transcript since i am going for my masters.so i wouldn't know much about that okay.
7 Last but not the least,i can not tell you the exact amount that will be enough to send you from Nigeria to CULS.the amount that's enough for me might not be enough for you.

I will advise you to concentrate on getting admission there first,then every other thing can follow.
I hope i have been able to help you a bit?
Take care !

4 Likes

Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by Chidonsky: 8:59pm On Sep 24, 2013
Geo-man:

1 Yes they will accept your Neco once you have up to five credits including English language and Mathematics.
2 You don't need any medical insurance until your visa comes out,if your are granted visa they will ask you to get a comprehensive medical insurance which is only done in Czech republic.It is either you have someone that will help you with it over there or you do it online using credit card.
3 Yes you will have to translate up to five documents which include:Police report,letter of admission,sponsorship letter(that's if someone is sponsoring you),medical report and proof of accommodation.
4 I don't know about the fees,i can only say about my course which is 30 euros per semester.
5 Yes you can check out the dormitories by visiting the school website and checking on accommodation.if you don't like the school accommodation you can as well arrange for a private apartment.
6 They did not ask me to bring transcript of secondary school,they only asked me of my university transcript since i am going for my masters.so i wouldn't know much about that okay.
7 Last but not the least,i can not tell you the exact amount that will be enough to send you from Nigeria to CULS.the amount that's enough for me might not be enough for you.

I will advise you to concentrate on getting admission there first,then every other thing can follow.
I hope i have been able to help you a bit?
Take care !
wat is d job prospect and living standard in czech
Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by gowaga68: 10:03pm On Sep 24, 2013
Chidonsky: wat is d job prospect and living standard in czech
as of job i asked a pal this questions
*is it possible to get a pertime job?
Part-time job I´m sure that you can find something like security or in some bar or something like that, but full- time job I do not really know if it would be possible, because of the language barrier, a lot of people speak English but the requisitions for the applying for the jobs ussully is Czech language.

as of living standard

i was informed it's the same or even better than other European countries.

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by Chidonsky: 6:32pm On Sep 25, 2013
gowaga68:
as of job i asked a pal this questions
*is it possible to get a pertime job?
Part-time job I´m sure that you can find something like security or in some bar or something like that, but full- time job I do not really know if it would be possible, because of the language barrier, a lot of people speak English but the requisitions for the applying for the jobs ussully is Czech language.

as of living standard

i was informed it's the same or even better than other European countries.
tnx 4 ur reply so does applying for thier schools and student visa requires high financial demand...i heard dat ukraine is racist country so am taking a look at country wit cheap and gud standard of living atleast wit gud job 2 substain so ur advice will b needed.
Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by gowaga68: 6:04pm On Sep 26, 2013
Chidonsky: tnx 4 ur reply so does applying for thier schools and student visa requires high financial demand...i heard dat ukraine is racist country so am taking a look at country wit cheap and gud standard of living atleast wit gud job 2 substain so ur advice will b needed.

base on my finding they are friendly unlike Ukraine ,as of financial demand it all depends on your lifestyle and the school you want to go.
i have been tryin to upload some ebooks for you to go through but it's not coming up.

*Is Prague a safe city?
Prague is a very safe city with very low crime rates. The city is well policed and the public transport system is safe, clean and very reliable.

*How is life for students in Prague?
The cost of living is low. The people are very friendly and the city is very vibrant with clubs and various attractions. There are lots of activities for students and our students always have an enjoyable experience.

*Can I work during my studies?(it depends on your luck too)
Yes, you can work as long as it does not interrupt your scheduled classes. The average wage here in Prague is around 3-4 Euros per hour. The college will provide students assistance in finding part-time employment as well as assisting with work permit.

*What is the average cost of living in Prague?(it depends on your life style )
The cost of living in Prague, Czech Republic is very low compared to other countries such as UK and USA. The cost of living per month is approx. 400 EUROS (accommodation, food and drinks, travel pass, phone card, books, internet etc.)

*What kind of proof of Finance must I provide for a visa application?
The proof of finance you must provide is an account statement with a valid bank card. A bank account statement must be provided in the student's name with the specified amount required for the stay in the Czech Republic (closing balance 6000 EURO just an example o). The account statement can be issued by a bank or financial institution anywhere in the world. Valid internationally recognised bank card relating to the account in question must be provided as a proof that the student will have an access to this money while he/she will be studying in the Czech Republic. (Parents, guardians or sponsors account statements are not acceptable).

*Public higher education institutions Website (check this list to see which fits your category)

Academy of Arts, Architecture and Design in Prague www.vsup.cz
Academy of Fine Arts in Prague www.avu.cz
Academy of Performing Arts in Prague www.amu.cz
Brno University of Technology www.vutbr.cz
Charles University in Prague www.cuni.cz 21
College of Polytechnics Jihlava www.vspj.cz
Czech Technical University in Prague www.studyatctu.com
Czech University of Life Sciences Prague www.czu.cz/en
Institute of Chemical Technology, Prague www.vscht.cz
Institute of Technology and Business in České Budějovice www.vstecb.cz
Jan Evangelista Purkyně University in Ústí nad Labem www.ujep.cz
Janáček Academy of Music and Performing Arts Brno www.jamu.cz
Masaryk University, Brno www.muni.cz
Mendel University in Brno www.mendelu.cz
Palacký University, Olomouc www.upol.cz
Silesian University in Opava www.slu.cz
Technical University in Liberec www.tul.cz
Tomas Bata University in Zlín www.utb.cz
University of Economics, Prague www.vse.cz
University of Hradec Králové www.uhk.cz
University of Ostrava www.osu.cz 62
University of Pardubice www.uni-pardubice.cz
University of South Bohemia in České Budějovice www.jcu.cz
University of Veterinary and Pharmaceutical Sciences Brno www.vfu.cz
University of West Bohemia www.zcu.cz 66
VŠB - Technical University of Ostrava www.vsb.cz

hope you find them useful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by gowaga68: 11:08am On Sep 27, 2013
if you still need more information kindly ask them here, me no get time for email stuff o.
it would be nice if you will be going to Czech University of Life Sciences Prague (CULS) their tuition fee is cheap but you've got to go for exam in Ghana i was at the Czech Embassy in Ghana two days ago to ask little questions.
Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 28, 2013
gowaga68: if you still need more information kindly ask them here, me no get time for email stuff o.
it would be nice if you will be going to Czech University of Life Sciences Prague (CULS) their tuition fee is cheap but you've got to go for exam in Ghana i was at the Czech Embassy in Ghana two days ago to ask little questions.
You must not write exam to be admitted in CULS,I didn't write any exam.
Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by Chidonsky: 4:30pm On Sep 28, 2013
gowaga68: if you still need more information kindly ask them here, me no get time for email stuff o.
tnx but what exam is that atleast since we are english speaking country..do we need 2 prove proficiency in english because i knw that could be d exam u talking about
Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by Chidonsky: 4:34pm On Sep 28, 2013
Geo-man:
are u already in czech if u are can u provide us with info on life,schools,jobs opportunity,rate of tolerance generally in czech
Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by Chidonsky: 4:39pm On Sep 28, 2013
@gowaga@Geoman..Wat is the minimium 1 can have in his account 2 b eligible 2 apply.
Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by gowaga68: 4:07pm On Sep 29, 2013
Geo-man:

i think you do have to write exams i saw it on their site and you can ask more about it. as long as it's Czech university of life science.

Chidonsky: @gowaga@Geoman..Wat is the minimium 1 can have in his account 2 b eligible 2 apply.

i dont know much but i saw on a post one of the contributor was saying something like 1.5m or more (he was only saying ni o ) you can still make your own findings.
Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by gowaga68: 4:22pm On Sep 29, 2013
get all the information needed on their school site http://www.czu.cz/cs/?r=2876&i=15108

never forget using the power of google when in need of some answers.
Happy Sunday.
Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by gowaga68: 10:02pm On Sep 30, 2013
on the entrance Exam i talked about here is the school link info on that http://msc.pef.czu.cz/?pageid=4
and you can check more discussion on this same school and subject at https://www.nairaland.com/814925/offer-advice-interest-studying-czech/2

hope that helps.
Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by Chidonsky: 10:06pm On Sep 30, 2013
gowaga68: on the entrance Exam i talked about here is the school link info on that http://msc.pef.czu.cz/?pageid=4
and you can check more discussion on this same school and subject at https://www.nairaland.com/814925/offer-advice-interest-studying-czech/2

hope that helps.
ok tnx time 4 research.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by Nobody: 2:04am On Oct 02, 2013
gowaga68:

i think you do have to write exams i saw it on their site and you can ask more about it. as long as it's Czech university of life science.

I didn't write any exam bro and am leaving to Prague in few days to come,check your facts very well.
Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by gowaga68: 7:50am On Oct 02, 2013
Geo-man:
I didn't write any exam bro and am leaving to Prague in few days to come,check your facts very well.

okay man, i was only saying what they wrote on their site.
wishing you the best after all you will be our man on ground to give us feed back.
Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by Chidonsky: 10:23pm On Oct 02, 2013
gowaga68:

okay man, i was only saying what they wrote on their site.
wishing you the best after all you will be our man on ground to give us feed back.
we need his contributions here atleast we have a rep, safe journey 2 u@geoman
Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by olaoluwa13: 9:31am On Oct 03, 2013
@geoman& NL,i really appreciate d contribution on dis thread,pls when can sum1 apply for next intake?how to apply?admission requirement?.i wil like any agricultural related course.
Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by billydragon: 11:50am On Nov 03, 2013
@geoman,pls do they request 4 english proficiency exam certificate I.e ielts or toefl??
Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Nov 03, 2013
Chidonsky: are u already in Czech if u are can u provide us with info on life,schools,jobs opportunity,rate of tolerance generally in czech
Yes,i am in Prague now.Job prospects here is not too bad according to my findings on ground.the only barrier is language but if you are lucky you will definitely get one.their are a lot of multinational companies here that employ English speaking students.i have not started looking for job yet,their academic curriculum is so tedious you will need to make a good grade in first semester before you can start hustling else once you fail twice you will be ejected out of school.

I hope that helps.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Nov 03, 2013
billydragon: @geoman,pls do they request 4 english proficiency exam certificate I.e ielts or toefl??
I have answered you already on the other thread.
Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by Chidonsky: 8:57am On Nov 05, 2013
Geo-man:
Yes,i am in Prague now.Job prospects here is not too bad according to my findings on ground.the only barrier is language but if you are lucky you will definitely get one.their are a lot of multinational companies here that employ English speaking students.i have not started looking for job yet,their academic curriculum is so tedious you will need to make a good grade in first semester before you can start hustling else once you fail twice you will be ejected out of school.

I hope that helps.
wow tnx,how are u doing over there, hope u having a blissful time out there nice 2 hear 4rm u again....so what have u notice so far in terms of their,atittude towards foreigners,accommodation,lifestyles,structures,environment.tolerance,pls ur input will be greatly needed in these areas mentioned. tnx 4 ur presence here,we are happy u arrived czech safely.
Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by billydragon: 11:31am On Nov 05, 2013
Geo-man:
ok man.....tanx a lot.
Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by gowaga68: 12:29pm On Jan 03, 2014
Geo-man:

my Oga @ the top Happy new Year! it's time o and i need your help regarding payment of application fee.
Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by Nobody: 12:36am On Jan 05, 2014
gowaga68:

my Oga @ the top Happy new Year! it's time o and i need your help regarding payment of application fee.
The same to you my brother, you can make your application fee payment now using a credit card (ATM card) . It is a lot easier now unlike my time.

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by Nobody: 12:43am On Jan 05, 2014
Chidonsky: wow tnx,how are u doing over there, hope u having a blissful time out there nice 2 hear 4rm u again....so what have u notice so far in terms of their,atittude towards foreigners,accommodation,lifestyles,structures,environment.tolerance,pls ur input will be greatly needed in these areas mentioned. tnx 4 ur presence here,we are happy u arrived czech safely.
Well, it is just like every other European Countries. I haven't had any problem since i arrived here, i believe if you know what you have come for and get focused you will be fine.
Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by Nobody: 1:05am On Jan 05, 2014
NOTE: Anybody that wants to apply (Application is on going now) to Czech University Of Life Sciences (CULS) ,Faculty of Environmental Sciences (Masters level) can get in touch with me. I will try as much as i can to secure you admission here FREE OF CHARGE (FOC) once you meet the requirements. Please DO NOT pay any agent to secure you admission here, I hate unnecessary exploitations.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video / Bek Air Plane Crashes Near Kazakhstan's Almaty / Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.