Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,372 members, 7,901,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 09:12 PM

Archbishop Of Canterbury Doubts God's Existence - I Prefer Honesty To Hypocrisy. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Archbishop Of Canterbury Doubts God's Existence - I Prefer Honesty To Hypocrisy. (476 Views)

Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial / Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. / Catholic Archbishop Of Kampala Warns Women To Stop Beating Their Husbands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Archbishop Of Canterbury Doubts God's Existence - I Prefer Honesty To Hypocrisy. by EreluY(f): 12:58pm On Nov 22, 2015

The Archbishop of Canterbury has said the terror attacks in Paris made him "doubt" the presence of God.
The Most Reverend Justin Welby told the BBC's Songs Of Praise the killings had put a "chink in his armour".
He said his reaction to the attacks had been "first shock and horror and then a profound sadness", heightened because he and his wife once lived in Paris.

The gun and suicide bomb attacks on 13 November, carried out by so-called Islamic State, left 130 people dead.
Prime Minister David Cameron will meet French President Francois Hollande in Paris on Monday to discuss the fight against terror.
They will discuss how to co-operate on counter-terrorism and in the fight against IS in Syria and Iraq, UK officials said.

'Desperate act'

The archbishop said: "Saturday morning, I was out and as I was walking I was praying and saying: 'God, why - why is this happening? Where are you in all this?' and then engaging and talking to God. Yes, I doubt."

He said the shock he felt over the incident was "added to because my wife and I lived in Paris for five years".
"It was one of the happiest places we have lived and to think of a place of such celebration of life seeing such suffering is utterly heart-breaking."

A bombing campaign against IS, particularly by French air forces, was launched in Syria shortly after the attack, but the archbishop warned against a potentially damaging instant reaction.

"Two injustices do not make justice. If we start randomly killing those who have not done wrong, that is not going to provide solutions. So governments have to be the means of justice," he said.

Archbishop Welby also said the manner in which IS militants had distorted their faith, so that they believe their acts are glorifying their God, is "one of the most desperate aspects of our world today".

SOURCE: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34893039

MY COMMENTARY

THIS DECLARATION BY THE MOST SENIOR ANGLICAN CLERIC IN THE WORLD SPEAKS FOR ITSELF. IN NIGERIA, RELIGIOUS LEADERS AND THE SO-CALLED CHRISTIANS WHO ARE THE MOST DREADFUL AND DECEITFUL CREATURES, EVER, WOULD NOT SPEAK THE TRUTH BUT KEEP DECEIVING GULLIBLE NIGERIANS. THE REALITY, FOR ME, OF GOD'S NON-EXISTENCE IS WHY I ABANDONED RELIGION WHICH, IN MY VIEW, IS THE MOST CLASSICAL FARCE AND FRAUD ON THE PLANET EARTH.

1 Like

Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Doubts God's Existence - I Prefer Honesty To Hypocrisy. by Nobody: 1:04pm On Nov 22, 2015
Really
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Doubts God's Existence - I Prefer Honesty To Hypocrisy. by OKUCHI11(m): 1:25pm On Nov 22, 2015
that Is nice ...sometimes I do too cos ..if you are a God who love humanity with all your heart and you want them to live in peace .....why not send an Angel to tell them that they are not killing for your sake....or You are not accepting their sacrifices.....
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Doubts God's Existence - I Prefer Honesty To Hypocrisy. by OKUCHI11(m): 1:26pm On Nov 22, 2015
that Is nice ...sometimes I do too cos ..if you are a God who love humanity with all your heart and you want them to live in peace .....why not send an Angel to tell them that they are not killing for your sake....or You are not accepting their sacrifices..... Pls if there is any where I erred in this ma post I stand to be corrected

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Doubts God's Existence - I Prefer Honesty To Hypocrisy. by profeazy: 1:33pm On Nov 22, 2015
If to say una live for Borno, you for don remove cassock by now. Man wicked pass God!

(1) (Reply)

Mark Twain: 'how They Hate A Christian In Damascus!' / Nigerian Christians And PMB Election:now Your Eyes Are Opened!!!!!!!!!! / Christianity And Names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.