Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,844 members, 7,915,422 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 11:44 PM

Doomsday!!! States To Go Bankrupt In SIX MONTHS!!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Doomsday!!! States To Go Bankrupt In SIX MONTHS!!!! (937 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Reveals 9 States To Follow Biafra After Referendum / Nigeria Bankrupt Because Of A Foolish Policy, Says Emir Sanusi / 28 States In Nigeria ‘technically Bankrupt’– Gov Ajimobi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doomsday!!! States To Go Bankrupt In SIX MONTHS!!!! by citizenisb: 8:06am On Nov 24, 2015
http://punchng.com/states-may-go-bankrupt-over-dwindling-oil-revenue/

The Chairman, Fiscal Responsibility Commission, Chief Victor Murako, has warned of a possible shutdown by some states of the federation in the next six months unless they find creative ways of handling their dwindling allocations from the Federation Account.

Murako, who spoke at the opening of a two-day study tour of the FRC by officials of the Ebonyi Fiscal Responsibility Commission in Abuja on Monday, expressed shock that the Nigerian Governors’ Forum had declared that the states could no longer meet the payment of the minimum wage of N18,000 per month.

The FRC boss said many states were dishonest about their level of indebtedness, adding they were much more indebted than the governors were willing to admit in public.

He said, “The truth is that if the situation we are in persists for the next six months; I said six months, not one year or two years; we will be on the floor. If the revenue continues to dwindle for the next six months and the allocations continue being low, some state governments that refuse to look for alternative revenue sources will definitely crash and there will be a labour crisis.

“Debts and borrowing have become the biggest problem of subnational governments. If most state governments will be honest and tell you their accurate debt profile, you will marvel. A lot of them try to hide by different strategies. They take short loans; some, long-term ones that will go beyond their tenure, which ordinarily, they should not do.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/naira-in-free-fall-as-dollars-scarcity-paralyses-activities-at-parallel-market/
Re: Doomsday!!! States To Go Bankrupt In SIX MONTHS!!!! by citizenisb: 8:07am On Nov 24, 2015
Murako said both the Federal Government and the state governments must look inward in order to generate resources to run their operations.

He said it was regrettable that the nation was no longer discussing how to meet the infrastructure gap, but how to finance recurrent expenditure.

The FRC boss also chided the state governments for lack of creativity, saying that if they were private concerns; they would be generating profits from the huge endowments found in the different states of the federation.
Re: Doomsday!!! States To Go Bankrupt In SIX MONTHS!!!! by IAMTHEHERO: 8:09am On Nov 24, 2015
Everyone of us need to focus and beam our searchlight on our governors not only Buhari. We need to keep them on their toes also.
Re: Doomsday!!! States To Go Bankrupt In SIX MONTHS!!!! by jaymejate: 8:13am On Nov 24, 2015
Haa na wa o
Re: Doomsday!!! States To Go Bankrupt In SIX MONTHS!!!! by Blackfire(m): 8:22am On Nov 24, 2015
Opin aye news.... Uwa mmebi 6 months.
Nigeria ...na our politicians spoil u o
Re: Doomsday!!! States To Go Bankrupt In SIX MONTHS!!!! by jumper524(m): 8:23am On Nov 24, 2015
why won't they go bankrupt when the citizen's of the states refuse to pay task
Re: Doomsday!!! States To Go Bankrupt In SIX MONTHS!!!! by Nobody: 8:24am On Nov 24, 2015
Dūllàrdïnhö
Re: Doomsday!!! States To Go Bankrupt In SIX MONTHS!!!! by oduastates: 8:27am On Nov 24, 2015
The should first of all,reduce the number of
Special assistant
Senior special assistant.
Deputy senior assistant.
Assistant to the senior special assistant .
Deputy Assistant to the senior special assistant.
Assistant to the assistant to the deputy assistant to the senior special assistant

When they cross that road, the should write me a letter
Re: Doomsday!!! States To Go Bankrupt In SIX MONTHS!!!! by Nobody: 8:30am On Nov 24, 2015
I just woke to about 4 terrible news about Nigeria. This is a record.

I won't say too much, so they don't term me a wailer but When it gets real, we will know who the real wailers are.
Re: Doomsday!!! States To Go Bankrupt In SIX MONTHS!!!! by greatfoly(m): 8:49am On Nov 24, 2015
this is just a simple truth. most governors will not disclose their actual level of indebtedness from all the different types of loans, bonds, bailout and the likes they have collected and still collecting...
let's wait and see
Re: Doomsday!!! States To Go Bankrupt In SIX MONTHS!!!! by yang(m): 8:52am On Nov 24, 2015
The zoo in its glory

That worthless tissue paper you call Naira will exchange for 300 by Feb 2016

What do you produce?

You steal money from Biafran oil and congregate every month in Abuja to share it

Then you use the money to Import tin tomatoes, rice and sardine and the remaining you use it to host a Q'ran reciting competition.

Baboons everywhere
Re: Doomsday!!! States To Go Bankrupt In SIX MONTHS!!!! by teeboila(m): 8:58am On Nov 24, 2015
yang:

The zoo in its glory

That worthless tissue paper you call Naira will exchange for 300 by Feb 2016

What do you produce?

You steal money from Biafran oil and congregate every month in Abuja to share it

Then you use the money to Import tin tomatoes, rice and sardine and the remaining you use it to host a Q'ran reciting competition.

Baboons everywhere
BIAFRA OIL?or you mean Niger Delta oil
Re: Doomsday!!! States To Go Bankrupt In SIX MONTHS!!!! by Holywizard: 8:59am On Nov 24, 2015
one day the northerners & westerners will regret why they voted for Buhari.
They will cry 'had I know, we would had sticked with Mr Goodluck'
I'm not surprised because we are used to the bad news
Re: Doomsday!!! States To Go Bankrupt In SIX MONTHS!!!! by citizenisb: 9:08am On Nov 24, 2015
Re: Doomsday!!! States To Go Bankrupt In SIX MONTHS!!!! by Nobody: 9:09am On Nov 24, 2015
GEJ got us in this mess... right now I wish he won so that Nigeria will crumble under him at least nobody was shouting biafra then.

PMB has an heculian task to bring Nigeria out of recession. It's not going to be easy. Job loss everywhere, fuel wahala, biafra wahala, boko haram, drop in crude prices, no buyer of Nigerian crude, insecurity, bad roads..... too many problems... I know Buhari is not even the messiah, I just need him to be like John the Baptist and pave way for the messiah to come...
Re: Doomsday!!! States To Go Bankrupt In SIX MONTHS!!!! by citizenisb: 10:17am On Nov 24, 2015
God help PMB!!!
Re: Doomsday!!! States To Go Bankrupt In SIX MONTHS!!!! by speedyGonzales: 10:19am On Nov 24, 2015
well, we would have made it to 1 year with APC, before we all die!
Re: Doomsday!!! States To Go Bankrupt In SIX MONTHS!!!! by Pavore9: 10:27am On Nov 24, 2015
Wish there would be further crash on the price of crude, then diversifying the economy will no longer be mere talk and wastage in government will become an issue to deal with!

(1) (Reply)

Watch: Boko Haram Attacks Nigerian Army Position With Rockets !!! / The Social Media Clampdown Bill...as Nigeria Returns To Dictatorship / Rotimi Amechi , Okocha , AY Toke Makinwa And Others At Pepsi Elite 2015 (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.