Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,980 members, 7,942,498 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 11:16 AM

Please Read: My Recent Predicament - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Please Read: My Recent Predicament (445 Views)

My Predicament / Must Read: My Aunt Annarose I (18+) / Must Read: My Recent Predicament (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please Read: My Recent Predicament by Nobody: 5:50am On Nov 27, 2015
Hey guys! I am writing because of an incident that happened recently and I decided I would share it with you guys. This incident really bothered me. It began like this. I use a BlackBerry curve 9320(curve 7) and I do subscribe to the MTN monthly BBC plans which costs #1000. It happened that on this special month, I was broke. I had just a thousand naira at hand which I planned to use for my subscription for that month. I was so broke to the extent that my bank account read #596.72. It was that bad. I went out on that specific evening to get my airtime for my subscription. On getting to where I would buy it, They did not have what I wanted. I wanted an airtime of a single one thousand naira card. They didn't have that, they instead offered me #200 denominations so that I would get it in 5 places which would make it #1000. But no, I wanted what I wanted. I could not just affored to miss the awoof (bonanza) MTN would give me when I loaded a straight #1000 airtime directly. You would not believe I went round our whole town looking for a single #1000 MTN airtime. They all didn't have and they said MTN airtime in general was scarce at that moment. I was with no other option than to go back and buy the #200 airtime in five places. On getting back to the spot, I told them that I would take it afterall. On counting the number of airtime available, the #200 denomination wasn't up to five, they were four. What a torment! They said someone just bought one. This time, I grabbed them and paid them off immediately. I planned to go get the remaining #200 somewhere else. I began the journey round the town once again. This time, It was like I was a disturbance to this sellers. They were like,"Ogbeni kosi MTN card", Meaning,"Guy, There is no MTN airtime". I said to myself, how can there not be MTN recharge cards in this my mini-urban town? I went back to the base (where I bought the first airtime). When I got to the base, I told them about the whole issue and they felt pity for me and in an attempt to help, They gave me an offer. They advised me to take #100 denominations in 2 places. Good Idea huh! Finally, I decided to take it. On checking again, the #100 denomination remained just 1. Ahhhh! I couldn't just afford to make the case worse. I grabbed it. It remained just #100 for my subscription to be activated. I couldn't just think of going round the whole town again, I couldn't afford to take more embarrassments from them all. I had to go home with my #100 cash and #900 worth of airtime. I had another plan in mind. I devided that I would load the #100 airtime to subscribe for a days plan and then I would use quickteller to buy airtime online using my ATM card so as to complete the #1000. Nice Idea Right? I immediately subscribed for a days plan and used quickteller to buy #400 airtime directly. I was happy I had finally succeeded and my subscription would be active anytime from now. Suddenly, a pop up message came on my phone screen, It was MTN. Like I really cared what it read, I just clicked OK. The happiness that my subscription was finnaly going to be active was what was on my mind. The next message I got was,"Y'ello!You have succesfully subscribed to Learn English weekly service, Costs #50". In my mind, MTN don run down with curse. How could they do such? As I was talking, another pop up message came up again. This time, I took my time to read it. It was saying I should subscribe to fashion guide. Like that's the subscription I needed? Crazy MTN. I immediately turned off my mobile data to avoid more deductions. I decided to proceed. After successfully loading 3 of the airtimes, I got hooked up on the last 1. It was saying it had been used. By who for Gods sake!! Choi! I couldn't cry, I couldn't laugh. What sort of bad market is this? I thought of immediately of returning the card to the woman but she wouldn't believe me. Who would actually? I wasn't the first person to buy airtime from her so why should I be the first person to make such a complaint? When I checked my account balance, It read #953.66. Such a crazy moment. It took me discipline and the grace of God not to smash my phone on the ground. What was I going to do? I wanted to use the internat so badly, but I couldn't because MTN would use that oppurtunity to take my scoop my airtime even when there was an active subscription. I then came up with another Idea! I decided I would send #950 to my mummy's MTN line and save it there. Now to the questions: 1. Am I being followed from the village or I am the one just thinking otherwise. 2. If you were in my position, What would you do next? 3. Who is to blame for my predicament? www.blissblaze.com/2015/11/must-read-my-recent-predicament.html?m=0 Please drop your comment.

Re: Please Read: My Recent Predicament by saintgoogle(m): 6:17am On Nov 27, 2015
shocked

(1) (Reply)

Words Of Life / Daily Quotes And Daily Comments Thread / Fear Of Spiders, A Stolen Ring And An Inauspicious Stranger.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.