Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,656 members, 7,889,145 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 12:21 AM

Is Marriage Really All That It Is Cracked Up To Be? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Marriage Really All That It Is Cracked Up To Be? (1102 Views)

Does Love After Marriage Really Works? / Are All The Good *ones* Really All Taken? / Is Marriage Really Important? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Marriage Really All That It Is Cracked Up To Be? by angelgirl1(f): 5:19pm On May 26, 2009
I think most marriages stay together out of tradition, obligation, and fear. I think love and lust are interchangeable and that both die. And in the end all you are left with a big pile of memories and responsibilities. I guess these temporary feelings (love or lust whatever you wish to call it) are necessary to keep the human race reproducing. It is also necessary that societies boast about those feelings making it seem like "oh when you find this then you will live happily ever after, no more worries" so that people will not see the reality and thus as a result of finding that love is temporary live immoral lives having sex with multiple partners. So I guess it benefits humans to be ignorant to the reality that love doesn't exist. Also they would probably cease to reproduce as much if they knew that love was a temporary feeling. I don't think that monogamy is normal for humans. I think monogamy is healthy and rational however. If I was to be perfectly honest I don't desire marriage. It just seems boring, empty, and overrated.

Of course I can't say for sure that these theories I have written above are even close to true. I am only 20 yrs old and have only had one serious relationship. Maybe I have never experienced such things as love. Although I love my bf, it is not in the way in which hollywood love stories make love seem like between lovers. I don't go crazy at the sight of him. I love him in the way that I respect him and wish for him to be happy in his life. I love him in the same way I love my family members. I only wish good things upon him but I don't feel about him the same way Juliet felt for Romeo. I would not drink the poison lol. I don't know. What do you think?
Re: Is Marriage Really All That It Is Cracked Up To Be? by mccloud224(m): 1:51am On May 27, 2009
Marriage isn't the fairly tale that its cracked up to be but it's not a horror movie either.It's a phase you may (or may not) pass through in life but i don't think you or anyone else would want to be single and "dating" at age 50.
Re: Is Marriage Really All That It Is Cracked Up To Be? by Nobody: 3:32am On May 27, 2009
mccloud224:

Marriage isn't the fairly tale that its cracked up to be but it's not a horror movie either.It's a phase you may (or may not) pass through in life but i don't think you or anyone else would want to be single and "dating" at age 50.
Agreed, too many people go into marriage without thinking about it properly, they are not prepared to work HARD for their marriage at times and file for divorces at the slightest and minor problems, it's like, was there actually any point?
Re: Is Marriage Really All That It Is Cracked Up To Be? by Ournaija: 3:48pm On May 27, 2009
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm so much for marriage, love and lust.
Re: Is Marriage Really All That It Is Cracked Up To Be? by bblacky(f): 4:00pm On May 27, 2009
marriage is nt really wat is said to b, wetin prsn go do, u cant remain single, we al hav to go in it n work hard for its survival

(1) (Reply)

50 Rules All Women Must No About Men / Nairalander's Please Lend Me your Ears: / What Is your Idea Kind Of Man Or Woman U Wan 2 Spent D Rest Of your Life Wit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.