Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,999 members, 7,938,999 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 04:22 PM

Is Yar'adua Present Adminstration Corrupt? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Yar'adua Present Adminstration Corrupt? (863 Views)

Fifty Shades Of Lies By The Present Adminstration: A Must Read / Shehu Musa Yar'adua Entered Army 1959, How Did He Write Exam 1961 Na???? / Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Yar'adua Present Adminstration Corrupt? by jimmysho(m): 2:40pm On May 28, 2009
Fellow nairalander, I am working on a paper presentation on the above topic.
please, i need your input.

Also, any claim either for or against should have backing not just statement like YARADUA IS FUCKING CORRUPT FULL STOP.

I will appreciate claims with logically reasoning that could be accepted anywhere anytime

Thanks
Re: Is Yar'adua Present Adminstration Corrupt? by Kobojunkie: 2:45pm On May 28, 2009
I have little proof that Yar adua himself is involved in one corrupt deal or another. But I will say, from the much I have gleaned in the past two years of his presidency, I believe his government seems to be facilitating, and protecting a lot of potentially corrupt individuals.
Re: Is Yar'adua Present Adminstration Corrupt? by jimmysho(m): 2:56pm On May 28, 2009
Kobojunkie:

I have little proof that Yar adua himself is involved in one corrupt deal or another. But I will say, from the much I have gleaned in the past two years of his presidency, I believe his government seems to be facilitating, and protecting a lot of potentially corrupt individuals.

Thank u Kobojunkie, can u pls give a patial insight in such shade deals. u may not give full details for obvious reasons
Re: Is Yar'adua Present Adminstration Corrupt? by Ben13: 2:58pm On May 28, 2009
The administration is not corrupt, they are only confused.
Re: Is Yar'adua Present Adminstration Corrupt? by Nobody: 3:03pm On May 28, 2009
is Nigeria's flag green+white+green

is the President of Nigeria male

is Nigeria an African country

all like these thread are queations you expect from a kindergaten student  . . . . . .
Re: Is Yar'adua Present Adminstration Corrupt? by Ben13: 3:12pm On May 28, 2009
sorry
Re: Is Yar'adua Present Adminstration Corrupt? by Fhemmmy: 3:33pm On May 28, 2009
An Administration that has sat in office and did nothing is fraud.
Re: Is Yar'adua Present Adminstration Corrupt? by vigasimple(m): 3:43pm On May 28, 2009
The basis upon which the Administration came into being is corrupt and it doen't appear that they know how to do otherwise. FROM TOP TO BOTTOM, CORRUPTION IS THEIR NAMES.

Godfatherism, nepotism. All those IBORI'S AONDAONKAA'S WAZIRI etc

The difference between OBJ and YAR A' DO NOTHING  corruption is that one is noisy and the other quiet and sleeky. YAR A'CLUESS  corrpution may be more dangerous as he himself is not even sure or unable to do anything about his'paymasters'

As LAGBAJA  will say 'Mo sorry fun gbogbo yin lokokan'

I am sorry for NIGERIA and NIGERIANS. The govt whether OBJ or YAR A'DULL are corrupt beyond redemption and continues to train more in the act of corruption, fraud and 419 from election manipulations to 'money chopping'

Look at their stomach like a 9 months pregnant woman, isn't that how you know about  goddy goddy politicians grin grin grin
Re: Is Yar'adua Present Adminstration Corrupt? by AjaraEwuro: 4:37pm On May 28, 2009
Show proof say government corrupt, u no fit - u dey talk something else - see how una dey fail exams?
Re: Is Yar'adua Present Adminstration Corrupt? by Nobody: 8:43pm On May 28, 2009
I dont know what the word 'corruption' means to some of you

lets not even go into the issue of fiscal and revenue corruption, or the issue of how Ibori has used money to buy over all institutions of Government to do his bidding.

lets talk about electoral and administrative corruption

President Yar'adua came to office admitting that the election that brought him to office was rigged. He then in his quest to placate Nigerians set up a committe led by Justice Uwais to review our electoral process. A committee which most Nigerians viewed as credible. Lo and behold this committee lived up to its promise and did a thorough job.
Because the committee did not come up with a compromised report as expected by the President, he set up another committee!!! to edit the contents of the Uwais report to suit his wish.
In essence by innitially setting up the credible Uwais committee he bought the people's trust on the cheap and ended up breaking that trust by discarding their report. If he was totally convinced that he had all the solution to our electoral problems why set up a broad based committee in the first place and ask them to waste tax payers money consulting Nigerians from arround the country?

in essence he wanted a process that looks legitimate but with a predetermined end product.(pure deciet)

If this is not evidence of corruption I suggest you should go look up the meaning of the word corrupt.

We also have the case of Ekiti Election where a woman who thought the elections from Ido/Osi LGA were unacceptable. This Government used the police and SSS to intimidate her  . . . . the President rejected her resignation letter and after she went into meeting with the IG, INEC Chairman, SSS Director  . . . all with the support of President Yar'adua she validated the results of Ido/Osi elections without even conducting new elections at Ido/Osi.
And this President had the audacity to tell the Nation he has instructed Adebayo to conduct the elections according to her concience . . . . a concience which a few days ago thought the election results from Ido/Osi  were unacceptable . . . . what changed within 3 days?

Now if that is not corruption please tell me what corruption means to you.
Re: Is Yar'adua Present Adminstration Corrupt? by Nobody: 8:59pm On May 28, 2009
another thing i find amazing is how Nigerians are so quick to absolve Yar'adua of corruption and blame most corrupt activities on his handlers
even prof soyinka was on bbc focus africa programme today saying the same thing

I don't know where this illussion comes from but its a perception very dangerous for our country.

This President has a reputation of telling so many different things to different people . . . . . anybody capable of lying like he does is capable of most things.

just look at his guardian interview where he openly stated that he can not turn his back on his thieving governor colleagues and you will understand how yar'adua thinks.

the man does not understand the seriousness of the position he occupies
Re: Is Yar'adua Present Adminstration Corrupt? by Kobojunkie: 9:06pm On May 28, 2009
jimmysho:

Thank u Kobojunkie, can u pls give a patial insight in such shade deals. u may not give full details for obvious reasons

Well, for one, it is clear that under his government, the country has continued to experience corruption at the high levels. The recent Ekiti Elections, the silence on the resignation, and immediate reinstatement of the INEC woman, is proof that his government is directly involved in some way in the enabling of corruption at all levels.

I could go on and on but it is quite clear that corruption seems to continue to be the order of the day in the country, I am betting Yar adua benefits from all this in some way, and one some level, apart from the usual but at this point, I am not sure.
Re: Is Yar'adua Present Adminstration Corrupt? by CNOETIC: 11:03pm On May 28, 2009
we will never find out how deeply currupt he is, until he relinquishes power. wait till 2015.
Re: Is Yar'adua Present Adminstration Corrupt? by kosovo(m): 11:11pm On May 28, 2009
k.
i can't comment on this,
you know why, i really like the poster sincearty.
i only hope some pathetic Nairalanders don't turn this trend to a battle field,
with argguments and counter-argument. peace

(1) (Reply)

Obama Aid: Why Obama Can't Visit Naija Because Yar Adua Was Rigged Into Office / Make your next cargo and shipping experience to Nigeria simple / Rivers: S’court Dismisses Omehia’s Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.