Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,760 members, 7,889,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 12:35 PM

Hate Speeches By Prominent Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hate Speeches By Prominent Nigerians (3407 Views)

FG Places Prominent Nigerians Under Watch / $2.1billion Arms Deal: 10 Prominent Nigerians Who Can Save Goodluck Jonathan! / Prominent Nigerians Who May Be Jailed In 2016 (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hate Speeches By Prominent Nigerians by GreenBobo: 4:49pm On Dec 02, 2015
Warm greetings to everyone.
Well….well… On the course of undertaking a ‘task’ which was self-inflicted (I was researching on this topic ‘Hate Speeches by Prominent Nigerians’) I managed to stumble upon these statements (below) credited to some of our honourable abi horrible past and present leaders. If you would recall, these brand of speeches have caused all manners of havoc in the country in the past and in recent times.
Political unrest, Boko Haram, IPOB are all direct or indirect products of this brand of speech.

My sincere condolences to ‘Viviangist’

[center]Meaning and Dimensions of Hate Speech[/center]

[center]Hate speech is any speech, gesture, conduct, writing or display which could incite people to violence or prejudicial action. Essentially, such speeches rob others of their dignity. United Nations Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination (2013:4) noted that hate speech includes:
(a) all dissemination of ideas based on racial or ethnic superiority or hatred, by whatever means; (b) incitement to hatred, contempt or discrimination against members of a group on grounds of their race, colour, descent, or national or ethnic origin; (c) threats or incitement to violence against persons or groups on the grounds in (b) above; (d) expression of insults, ridicule or slander of persons or groups or justification of hatred, contempt or discrimination on the grounds in (b) above, when it clearly amounts to incitement to hatred or discrimination; (e) participation in organizations and activities which promote and incite racial discrimination.[/center]

(BTW, if you have valid, researchable hate speech(es) that are credited to any prominent Nigerian, living in Nigeria or abroad, dead or alive, pre-independence or post-independence, kindly drop them here. Thank you. )

And in no particular order….

Dr. Junaid Mohammed - Second Republic lawmaker,
“I don’t believe Buhari or Nigeria owes any Igbo anything. I don’t care what Ezeife says – if they (Igbo) had seceded, there would have been no Nigeria today. As people who acted outside the interest of Nigeria as a country, to expect compensation is a very odd logic.

If the Igbo don’t like it, they can attempt secession again. If they do, they must be prepared to live with the consequences – nobody owes them anything and nobody is out to compensate them for anything,”

Mohammed made the statement while replying former Governor of Anambra State, Chukwuemeka Ezeife, who said the Igbo had not been treated fairly in terms of political positions and appointments in the President Buhari administration.

Alhaji Mujahid Dokubo-Asari
If they contest (Northerners) they are wasting their time. He who pays the piper will dictate the tune. We own them. We are feeding them. They are parasites. A beggar has no choice…They are beggars and parasites.
(http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/north-ungrateful- parasites-asari- dokubo).

Asiwaju Bola Tinubu - Former Gov. of Lagos state.
It is going to be rig and roast. We are prepared not to go to court but drive them out.
(Tell, 7 July 2014.)

Femi Fani-Kayode, a former Aviation Minister.
The Igbos are collectively unlettered, uncouth, uncultured, unrestrained and crude in all their ways…Money and the acquisition of wealth is their sole objective and purpose in life
(Daily Post, August 8, 2013)

Chinua Achebe, a foremost Nigerian writer
The Igbo culture being receptive to change, individualistic and highly competitive gave the Igbo man an unquestionable advantage… Unlike the Hausa/ Fulani, he was unhindered by a wary religion and unlike the Yoruba, he was unhampered by traditional hierarchies
(2012: 74)

National Coordinator of the Coalition of Northern Politicians, Dr. Junaidu Mohammed
Unless efforts are made to ensure that the 2015 general election are free and fair, it may turn out to be the last election in the history of the nation.
(Leadership March 29, 2012)

Dr. Junaidu Mohammed National Coordinator of the Coalition of Northern Politicians.
There will be bloodshed. Those who feel short-changed may take the war path and the country may not be the same again
(Reported by Kemy Oguns in Osun Defender, 2nd December, 2013)

Abu King Shuluwa
Nigeria will disintegrate if Jonathan contests in 2015
(Daily Independent Friday, March 8th ,2013)

Colonel Ahmadu Ali (rtd). Former Chairman of PDP
The Yorubas are ungrateful kind of people, who do not appreciate what others have done or them
(Sun Newspaper, March 16, 2013)

Governor Shema Ibrahim of Kastina State
You should not be bordered with cockroaches of politics. Cockroaches are only found in the toilet even at homes, If you see cockroach in your house, Crush them.
(Reported by Premium Times on 19th November,2014)

Alhaji Lai Mohammed .Publicity Secretary of All Progressive Congress.
If the 2015 elections are rigged, the party will not recognize the outcome and will go ahead and form a parallel government.
(Leadership 21st November, 2014; Sahara Reporters 22nd November,2014)

Ima Sadiq An Islamic cleric,
Muslims, vote for Buhari. It is a sin to support a non-Muslim
(Twitter handle, Saturday, 27th December, 2014)

Oba of Lagos, Oba Rilwan Akiolu

Mr. Akiolu reportedly said he would not beg the Igbos in Lagos to cast their votes for the APC candidate.

“I’m not ready to beg you. Nobody knew how I picked Ambode. Jimi (Agbaje) is my blood relation and I told him that he cannot be governor in Lagos for now,” he said.

“The future belongs to God. I am not begging anybody, but what you people cannot do in Onitsha, Aba or anywhere, don’t do it here. If you do what I want, Lagos will continue to be prosperous for you. If you go against my wish, you will perish in the water.”

However, four people, including a journalist, who were at the meeting at the Iga Idunganran palace on Lagos Island confirmed to PREMIUM TIMES that Mr. Akiolu indeed made the statements attributed to him.

One of those who was at the meeting said that after Mr. Akiolu ended his diatribe to the Igbo leaders, he walked out on them.

“When he came down the stairs to meet with us, he was already vibrating with anger,” said a source who preferred not to be named.

During a courtesy visit by Eze Ndigbos (Igbo traditional rulers) in all the local governments in Lagos at the Oba’s palace, Mr. Akiolu reportedly said that the Igbos resident in Lagos should cast their votes for the governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Akinwunmi Ambode, or perish inside the lagoon.

Gordian Ojiako, Eze Ndi-Igbo in Amuwo-Oriade, confirmed the incident adding that Mr. Akiolu said worse things to them before storming out of the room.

“It will be wrong to challenge him inside his palace,” Mr. Ojiako told PREMIUM TIMES on Monday, adding that he was not yet ready to speak to journalists on the matter.

“We will go back and convene a meeting of Igbo stakeholders and respond to him appropriately.”

Mr. Akiolu had reportedly dared the Igbo chiefs to go against his wish in the forthcoming governorship election and face his wrath.

“On Saturday, if anyone of you goes against Ambode who I picked, that is your end. If it doesn’t happen within seven days, just know that I am a bastard and it is not my father who gave birth to me,” major national newspapers quoted the monarch as saying.

“Jonathan is my son and I speak to him everyday. By the grace of God, I am the owner of Lagos for the time being. This is an undivided chair. The palace belongs to the dead and those coming in the future.

“On Saturday, if anyone of you, I swear in the name of God, goes against my wish that Ambode will be the next governor of Lagos State, the person is going to die inside this water.

(http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/180657-oba-of-lagos-rilwan-akiolu-reluctant-to-clarify-anti-igbo-comments.html)

National Coordinator of the Coalition of Northern Politicians, Dr. Junaidu Mohammed
It must be a Northerner or no Nigeria…If Goodluck Jonathan wins the PDP‟s endorsement to contest the 2011 presidential election, there would be violence.
(Interview with Guardian Newspaper, 2nd November, 2010)

Presidential Candidate of Congress for Progressive Change, General Muhammadu Buhari
God willing, by 2015, something will happen. They either conduct a free and fair election or they go a very disgraceful way. If what happened in 2011 should again happen in 2015, by the grace of God, the dog and the baboon would all be soaked in blood.
(Reported by Lika Binniyat in Vanguard Newspaper on May 15th, 2012)

Shehu Sani, a Kaduna based civil rights activist.
President Goodluck Jonathan should not contemplate contesting the 2011 presidential election. Any attempt by him to contest amounts to incitement and a recipe for political instability.
(www.nigerianbestforum.com./shehu- sani-warns- jonathan-against- contesting)

Wife of former President, Patience Jonathan
Wetin him dey find again? Him dey drag with him pikin mate, old man wey no get brain, him brain don die pata pata- What is Buhari looking for? Old man that does not know his age. Your brain is dead.
(At a PDP rally in Kogi state, Reported by The Express New, 4 March, 2014)

Our people do not give birth to uncountable children. Our men don’t give birth to children that they dump in streets. We are not like people from that part of the country (apparently the northern Nigeria)
(Presidential campaign in Calabar, The Nation, March 10, 2015)
Re: Hate Speeches By Prominent Nigerians by GreenBobo: 4:49pm On Dec 02, 2015
Northern Elder Forum
Those who vote for Jonathan and the PDP in 2015 will be considered an enemy of the north (Vanguard, 15 October 2014.)

Dr. Junaid Mohammed - Second Republic lawmaker,
“I don’t believe Buhari or Nigeria owes any Igbo anything. I don’t care what Ezeife says – if they (Igbo) had seceded, there would have been no Nigeria today. As people who acted outside the interest of Nigeria as a country, to expect compensation is a very odd logic.

If the Igbo don’t like it, they can attempt secession again. If they do, they must be prepared to live with the consequences – nobody owes them anything and nobody is out to compensate them for anything,”

Mohammed made the statement while replying former Governor of Anambra State, Chukwuemeka Ezeife, who said the Igbo had not been treated fairly in terms of political positions and appointments in the President Buhari administration.

Alhaji Lawan Kaita.. The former Governor of the old Kaduna State.
The North would make the country ungovernable if President Goodluck Jonathan wins the 2011 polls… Anything short of a Northern President is tantamount to stealing our presidency.

South East Self Determination Coalition (SESD)
We assure those cold blooded murderers that this time, their blood thirsty campaign will not go un-replied.
(Reported by Clifford Ndujihe in Vanguard Newspaper, 5th December, 2014)

Godswill Akpabio - Former Governor of Akwa Ibom State.
Those who want to take power through the back door will die. They will die
(Punch Newspaper,17th July, 2014)

2015 is more than do-or-die. You are a man and I am a man, we are going to meet at the battlefield
(News Express 3rd May, 2014)

If they contest (Northerners) they are wasting their time. He who pays the piper will dictate the tune. We own them. We are feeding them. They are parasites. A beggar has no choice…They are beggars and parasites.
(http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/north-ungrateful- parasites-asari- dokubo).

Chief Arthur Eze - PDP Chieftain
That short man called Ngige, we gave him power and he joined the Awolowo people; the people that killed Igbos.
(Premium Times,November 13, 2013)

Alhaji Mujahid Dokubo- Asari - The leader of the Niger Delta Peoples Salvation Force (NDPSF).
There will be no peace, not only in the Niger Delta, but everywhere if Goodluck Jonathan is not president by 2015, except God takes his life, which we do not pray for.
(Vanguard Newspapers, May5, 2013)

The Governor of Ekiti State, Peter Ayodele Fayose
Buhari would likely die in office if elected, recall that Murtala Muhammed, Sani Abacha and Umaru Yar‟Adua, all former heads of state from the North West like Buhari, had died in office.
(January 19, 2015, ThisDay and other national dailies)

Anybody that come and tell you ‘changes’, stone that person… What you did not do in 1985, is it now that old age has caught up with you that you want to come and change…You cannot change rather you will turn back to a baby.
(The Complete Works of Patience Jonathan, The Nation on Sunday,15th March)

Former Rivers States Governor, Rotimi A.
The challenge of the Nigerian military is not funding but corruption. Now they want to kill some 50 officers for their own failure to equip them properly to fight terrorism. The soldiers have the right to protest for the federal government‟s failure to fully equip them.
(9th December, 2014)
Re: Hate Speeches By Prominent Nigerians by GreenBobo: 4:50pm On Dec 02, 2015
thanks for stopping
Re: Hate Speeches By Prominent Nigerians by GreenBobo: 4:50pm On Dec 02, 2015
Please note:
All crew members of the following organisations are only permitted to view this post, they are strongly advised not to comment, thank you.
wailing wailers crew.
One chance crew.
End time crew.
Go slow crew .
Vaseline crew.
ALL BIGOTS ARE STRONGLY ADVISED NOT TO COMMENT ON THIS POST TOO.

1 Like

Re: Hate Speeches By Prominent Nigerians by madridguy(m): 4:51pm On Dec 02, 2015
Dr. Junaid Mohammed his a certified TERRORIST.

2 Likes

Re: Hate Speeches By Prominent Nigerians by honfreeman(m): 4:55pm On Dec 02, 2015
its all about IGBOS isnt it?
Re: Hate Speeches By Prominent Nigerians by lanrehamd: 4:55pm On Dec 02, 2015
ops. well done, what about that of Bishop Oyedepo during Jonathan 2015 presidential campaign.

do more research.....
Re: Hate Speeches By Prominent Nigerians by GreenBobo: 5:16pm On Dec 02, 2015
lanrehamd:
ops. well done, what about that of Bishop Oyedepo during Jonathan 2015 presidential campaign.

do more research.....

(BTW, if you have valid, researchable hate speech(es) that are credited to any prominent Nigerian, living in Nigeria or abroad, dead or alive, pre-independence or post-independence, kindly drop them here. Thank you. )
Re: Hate Speeches By Prominent Nigerians by GreenBobo: 5:17pm On Dec 02, 2015
honfreeman:
its all about IGBOS isnt it?

Please note:
All crew members of the following organisations are only permitted to view this post, they are strongly advised not to comment, thank you.
wailing wailers crew.
One chance crew.
End time crew.
Go slow crew .
Vaseline crew.
ALL BIGOTS ARE STRONGLY ADVISED NOT TO COMMENT ON THIS POST TOO.
Re: Hate Speeches By Prominent Nigerians by Blizzy9ja: 5:26pm On Dec 02, 2015
Being a Nigerian in the face of all these becomes all the more annoying
Re: Hate Speeches By Prominent Nigerians by GreenBobo: 5:29pm On Dec 02, 2015
Blizzy9ja:
Being a Nigerian in the face of all these becomes all the more annoying

All nations have their own gory past..
Re: Hate Speeches By Prominent Nigerians by Blizzy9ja: 5:53pm On Dec 02, 2015
GreenBobo:

All nations have their own gory past..
Ours keep recurring... Cuz a select few thinks they own the country
Re: Hate Speeches By Prominent Nigerians by GreenBobo: 6:17pm On Dec 02, 2015
Blizzy9ja:
Ours keep recurring... Cuz a
select few
thinks they own the country
Pls, can you educate me on this? It's Pathetic...
Re: Hate Speeches By Prominent Nigerians by virud: 7:07pm On Dec 02, 2015

"The new nation called Nigeria should be an estate of our great grand father, Othman Danfodio. We must ruthlessly prevent a change of power. We must use minorities in the North as willing tools and South as conquered territories and never allow them to rule over us or have control over their future"
- Sir Ahmadu Bello, October 12, 1960

barely six months after independence, Sir Ahmadu Bello was able to say with confidence in the Daily Times of May 3, 1961, the following:
“I’m set and fully armed, to conquer the Action Group, AG, in the same ruthless manner as my grandfather conquered Alkalawa, a town in Sokoto province, during the last century.”

General M. Buhari, 2011
”BABOON AND DOG WILL BE SOAKED IN BLOOD”
Re: Hate Speeches By Prominent Nigerians by virud: 8:10pm On Dec 02, 2015
lalasticlala and Seun, this post (I believe) ought to see the light of the day....
Re: Hate Speeches By Prominent Nigerians by Blizzy9ja: 8:45pm On Dec 02, 2015
GreenBobo:

Pls, can you educate me on this? It's Pathetic...
Take a 2nd look at those statements again, about 85% of them are directed towards a particular set of people in the country... You know it

(1) (Reply)

Its Time To Push The Ijaw Militants Out Of Lagos,ogun / See What Happened To Him When He Said PMB Will Go For Second Tenure / Funny Tweet: When Naira Hits ₦418 And You Don't Know What To Do Again!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.