Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,922 members, 7,872,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:48 AM

Murray-Bruce Gives Widows Half Of His Wardrobe Allowance (Pics) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Murray-Bruce Gives Widows Half Of His Wardrobe Allowance (Pics) (51920 Views)

Ben Murray-Bruce Gives His Mother A Peck (Photos) / Man Insults Glo, Ben Murray-Bruce Gives Epic Reply On Twitter / Murray-Bruce Pledges His Wardrobe Allowance To Pay Workers (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Murray-Bruce Gives Widows Half Of His Wardrobe Allowance (Pics) by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 06, 2015
[quote author=Young03 post=40731558]oya wey d senator representin us

senator chuka utazi come do ur own,no b to dey talk up n down

murray bruce is d talk n do master

bruce lee of africa[ my guy we have not had any good senator in Nsukka and Enugu north

1 Like

Re: Murray-Bruce Gives Widows Half Of His Wardrobe Allowance (Pics) by omotaio: 10:03am On Dec 06, 2015
ase... so na when PDP need bayelsa him ft go "publicity stunt"
Re: Murray-Bruce Gives Widows Half Of His Wardrobe Allowance (Pics) by shefflaw(m): 10:09am On Dec 06, 2015
All nah politics jor undecided
Re: Murray-Bruce Gives Widows Half Of His Wardrobe Allowance (Pics) by mikolo80: 10:14am On Dec 06, 2015
Ezedon:
he has many ways to get it back, I trust our politicians
as a man speaketh so is his heart full. you how many of your own allowance you don share with any of them
Re: Murray-Bruce Gives Widows Half Of His Wardrobe Allowance (Pics) by mikolo80: 10:14am On Dec 06, 2015
northvietnam:
they all steal but what if all theifcians in Nigeria donate half of the money , don't u think we will be more better off than what we see in today Nigeria?
are you minding the mumu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Murray-Bruce Gives Widows Half Of His Wardrobe Allowance (Pics) by opribo(m): 10:18am On Dec 06, 2015
Did he communicate in their local language or English? I'm just asking.
Re: Murray-Bruce Gives Widows Half Of His Wardrobe Allowance (Pics) by LaRoyalHighness(f): 10:19am On Dec 06, 2015
Ben for Presidency

1 Like

Re: Murray-Bruce Gives Widows Half Of His Wardrobe Allowance (Pics) by vivavik(f): 10:22am On Dec 06, 2015
xreal:

Govo wetin?

He'ld rather remain a Senator.
why did u say so?
Re: Murray-Bruce Gives Widows Half Of His Wardrobe Allowance (Pics) by solidman59(m): 10:22am On Dec 06, 2015
Ben Murray Bruce all the way. Rich but still retains some elements of humility
Re: Murray-Bruce Gives Widows Half Of His Wardrobe Allowance (Pics) by pikapizy(m): 10:23am On Dec 06, 2015
phlemzy:
Nice one...Now that he has shown us his photos cruising in a public boat, riding on a commercial Okada, I hope he will still show some love and sense of belonging to his people by riding with them in a commercial Marcopolo bus from Bayelsa to Abuja/Lagos via our good roads...
Funny but why u hating
Re: Murray-Bruce Gives Widows Half Of His Wardrobe Allowance (Pics) by northvietnam(m): 10:23am On Dec 06, 2015
hush15:

That is where Jonathan is more acceptable to the Buhari. I am not implying Jonathan is corrupt, so you don't get it wrong, neither am I implying corruption is commendable however, if we look at this way, A thief or corrupt person who steals but still have the conscience to let you live is way better than a thief who takes and even violate, if not kill you along with it.

There may be corruption during Jonathan's time, but I can bet anything that economic cash flow was way better than it is now. Though they say no money but money circulation under Jonathan was very fluid. One way or the other, source never ran dry.

Today, with all the blocking of leaks and reducing cost of governance to retrieving all stolen funds and TSA program, the economy is seriously experiencing severe economic cash crunch. Cash flow has gone all time low and no one should tell me it due to fall in Oil price because this dispensation has a thing for dashing states money and junketing up and down. Unemployment is steadily on the rise and one man is heaping wealth for his party members to come lavish, cos he won't be there forever and obviously, another candidate from his party will want to continue.

So sad
my dear its a mess we all have to live with. but I hate is APC stealing and making it look like they are suffering and helping us...

they should focus on the looting cs four years will son catch up with them.
Re: Murray-Bruce Gives Widows Half Of His Wardrobe Allowance (Pics) by bewla(m): 10:27am On Dec 06, 2015
tonyobj:

Bewla, what has the senator in the ward where your village is and the senator of the ward where you currently reside done for their communities?
The one in my village stay in abuja permanently that's kwara state and were i reside now in Lagos the guy get action no be small and he give with out mention
Re: Murray-Bruce Gives Widows Half Of His Wardrobe Allowance (Pics) by ibrutex(m): 10:28am On Dec 06, 2015
i never liked this guy for once, but for this one....... senator BRUISE lee u try joh.....
Re: Murray-Bruce Gives Widows Half Of His Wardrobe Allowance (Pics) by Chinom(m): 10:30am On Dec 06, 2015
LaRoyalHighness:
Ben for Presidency

Yes, I concur. Whatever his intentions might be, he is acting on his words. I commend him. Some senators never ever show up in their constituencies after election. Ben's got my back now.

1 Like

Re: Murray-Bruce Gives Widows Half Of His Wardrobe Allowance (Pics) by irondome: 10:39am On Dec 06, 2015
hush15:

No, don't think like that. Don't forget, his primary responsibility is first to his constituency cos he represents them on behalf of the federal government. More importantly, making laws is not straight forward, especially when you are in the minority. You even need the consent of the minority leader to push it further to the whole house. He is a senator, not all the senators, not a principal officer in the Senate and not the senate deputy or president. It is a rigorous process. So many convincing to do.

We need to commend a good deed cos when we do, better things will gravitate towards us, as individuals and as a country. He promised and he fulfilled. That's very Honorable and worthy to mention. Not some that promised heaven and earth, yet they keep giving excuse upon excuse why they haven't meet up.

What he did is commendable. If they haven't given your voice an opportunity in the Senate Chambers, atleast, his voice should be felt back at home cos when he is done, home is where he will go to.

He is indeed the face of a new breed of politicians we should be embracing. People who are honourable and so far, Though it might sound biased, PDP has been that honourable in democratic terms

1. He didn't have to show us his means of transportation to his constituents. Yesterday, it was a rickety boat; today, an Okada; tomorrow, may be via trekking. I call it showmanship, which I dislike as most show men end up not doing so much.

2. His little fund could have been better invested in "little" capital projects (portable water, etc) that addresses collective need of a community as against handing little fry of fishes to minute needy. I based this on my opinion that social benefits and welfare packages are good deeds and luxury that our leaders (all strata of governance) can't afford at the moment. For instance, I do not subscribe to the whole nonsense of "paying 5million needy #5000" at the cost of #1.3 trillion Naira per annum when our infrastructure are non-existence and are need aggressive collective investments at all levels. Same goes for our industries. If we make the right investment now, the needy among us would be rightly catered for tomorrow through jobs created by our investments.

3. If you know your onions and your bills are well researched, getting support comes easy. Unfortunately, many of our law makers are too lazy for such. For instance, Ben Bruce hails from a region where the FG has paid very little attention to environmental degradation in spite of it being the current "cash cow" of this nation. I would like to see a Bruce remind the senate on the environment clean up bill Buhari recently revisited. Buhari's instruction was made 4 months ago and I bet nothing has been done on that.

In own opinion, Mr Bruce has a 2019 presidential ambition and he is trying too hard to position himself at the expense of getting nagging issues addressed. My take is, -- if Ben Bruce genuinely works hard, he would be needing less of showmanship against 2019.
Re: Murray-Bruce Gives Widows Half Of His Wardrobe Allowance (Pics) by zeedof(m): 10:40am On Dec 06, 2015
The question is that, does this man think everybody thinks like his village people? Why does he like deceving his people? When he was on boat he took some pictures that capture some police men with gun and now he just took a picture on a bike that is not moving, where are the police there? He told them not appear in the picture hmm this man mumu gan ooo hope his people woke up in time before is too late for them
Re: Murray-Bruce Gives Widows Half Of His Wardrobe Allowance (Pics) by menice69: 10:42am On Dec 06, 2015
tiwaz:
his village is not developed no taxi only okada and boat. And he is making lots of noise.
wey ya own senator?OPONU!
Re: Murray-Bruce Gives Widows Half Of His Wardrobe Allowance (Pics) by godwin120alex: 10:45am On Dec 06, 2015
Gud dat he goes home to his pple
Re: Murray-Bruce Gives Widows Half Of His Wardrobe Allowance (Pics) by iyke2ken(m): 10:47am On Dec 06, 2015
xreal:
That okada appears to be in a static position.

Anyway, the fact that he left abuja to identify with people in his town(root) is enough to commend him.

Many don't do such, some will even go with security details who will whip anybody that comes close.

So the objects in pictures don't appear static?
Re: Murray-Bruce Gives Widows Half Of His Wardrobe Allowance (Pics) by iyke2ken(m): 10:49am On Dec 06, 2015
zeedof:
The question is that, does this man think everybody thinks like his village people? Why does he like deceving his people? When he was on boat he took some pictures that capture some police men with gun and now he just took a picture on a bike that is not moving, where are the police there? He told them not appear in the picture hmm this man mumu gan ooo hope his people woke up in time before is too late for them

Y are you spewing words from the wrong end? If he no snap pictures now, na you go still say i don't believe it....... Nigerians tho.... Jus insatiable
Re: Murray-Bruce Gives Widows Half Of His Wardrobe Allowance (Pics) by irondome: 10:56am On Dec 06, 2015
hush15:

That is where Jonathan is more acceptable to the Buhari. I am not implying Jonathan is corrupt, so you don't get it wrong, neither am I implying corruption is commendable however, if we look at this way, A thief or corrupt person who steals but still have the conscience to let you live is way better than a thief who takes and even violate, if not kill you along with it.

There may be corruption during Jonathan's time, but I can bet anything that economic cash flow was way better than it is now. Though they say no money but money circulation under Jonathan was very fluid. One way or the other, source never ran dry.

Today, with all the blocking of leaks and reducing cost of governance to retrieving all stolen funds and TSA program, the economy is seriously experiencing severe economic cash crunch. Cash flow has gone all time low and no one should tell me it due to fall in Oil price because this dispensation has a thing for dashing states money and junketing up and down. Unemployment is steadily on the rise and one man is heaping wealth for his party members to come lavish, cos he won't be there forever and obviously, another candidate from his party will want to continue.

So sad

You are talking of cash flow towards the end of an election year. Haba, think am now. The out-gone government obviously dipped their hands too deeply into our treasury to fund their failed re-election, leaving the country utterly broke. Remember, the FG had to quickly organize bail out funds for several states before they could pay common salary. Mind you, the debts were amassed during Jonathan's tenure, an evidence of poor management of our funds during the oil boom (>$100 per barrel)

That being said, I opine that cash flow would greatly improve in the new year when the new budget is implemented. Hopefully, there would be less mismanagement.
Re: Murray-Bruce Gives Widows Half Of His Wardrobe Allowance (Pics) by redsun(m): 11:15am On Dec 06, 2015
Wardrobe allowance asss. That is how the bandits con Nigeria of their hard earned monies.

Ben Bruce however, is relatively sane in a government of mad people.
Re: Murray-Bruce Gives Widows Half Of His Wardrobe Allowance (Pics) by naijafreelancer: 11:16am On Dec 06, 2015
northvietnam:
they all steal but what if all theifcians in Nigeria donate half of the money , don't u think we will be more better off than what we see in today Nigeria?

how about they simply learn not to steal the peoples money?...much easier for everyone that way!

2 Likes

Re: Murray-Bruce Gives Widows Half Of His Wardrobe Allowance (Pics) by maxti: 11:22am On Dec 06, 2015
There are vehicles on the Island.

[uote author=Leebeedo post=40731217]

You're so dumb. His local community is a small island and vehicles don't even get there, you'll have to access it through the waterways.[/quote]
Re: Murray-Bruce Gives Widows Half Of His Wardrobe Allowance (Pics) by gemale(m): 11:26am On Dec 06, 2015
Lie lie he lie lie. Normal politician talk. CHAI!!! Oga Ben don Sabi naija politics. All na PR.
Re: Murray-Bruce Gives Widows Half Of His Wardrobe Allowance (Pics) by hush15: 11:36am On Dec 06, 2015
irondome:

1. He didn't have to show us his means of transportation to his constituents. Yesterday, it was a rickety boat; today, an Okada; tomorrow, may be via trekking. I call it showmanship, which I dislike as most show men end up not doing so much.

2. His little fund could have been better invested in "little" capital projects (portable water, etc) that addresses collective need of a community as against handing little fry of fishes to minute needy. I based this on my opinion that social benefits and welfare packages are good deeds and luxury that our leaders (all strata of governance) can't afford at the moment. For instance, I do not subscribe to the whole nonsense of "paying 5million needy #5000" at the cost of #1.3 trillion Naira per annum when our infrastructure are non-existence and are need aggressive collective investments at all levels. Same goes for our industries. If we make the right investment now, the needy among us would be rightly catered for tomorrow through jobs created by our investments.

3. If you know your onions and your bills are well researched, getting support comes easy. Unfortunately, many of our law makers are too lazy for such. For instance, Ben Bruce hails from a region where the FG has paid very little attention to environmental degradation in spite of it being the current "cash cow" of this nation. I would like to see a Bruce remind the senate on the environment clean up bill Buhari recently revisited. Buhari's instruction was made 4 months ago and I bet nothing has been done on that.

In own opinion, Mr Bruce has a 2019 presidential ambition and he is trying too hard to position himself at the expense of getting nagging issues addressed. My take is, -- if Ben Bruce genuinely works hard, he would be needing less of showmanship against 2019.

Hmmm! You still getting it wrong. When the issue of wardrobe allowance came up. That was what he promised. He promise to donate half and he did. Of course, that is not part of ongoing project for his constituency, Of course he does that even before he ventured into politics. That I know much and can stand for. That's how he got to the senate anyway, unopposed. The fact is he promised and delivered. The current FG is yet to even set the table, not mention deliver the foods they promise and the economy keeps plummeting by the day. Rather deliver the deliverables, they chasing shadows and witch hunting at the expense of the economy.

As regards what you term as show offs, hope you know his entourage is not up to 5 people. Him, his security aide, his media aide, his personal assistant, and a representative of his constituency office to receive him. This is not a show off from my own perspective. He is a successful technocrat who has paid his dues in the entertainment industry. He is the spear head of beauty pageants in nigeria and now, the cinemas, don't forget the Domino's. . If he wants publicity, he has the whole apparatus. So, it is not a show off. It's all in the fun of a days work.

Back to law making, you talk about law making and knowing you onions. You didn't capture the politics aspect n I want to believe you a Nigerian. I won't say much here but you and me know that it's easier for a camel to pass thru the eye of a needle than laws to pass understanding the political terrain of Nigeria. If you watch or listen to his stations, you did know he make not just sense but commonsense. Given the opportunity, I say he can contribute to Nigeria positively and though I also don't think he is working on 2019, should he surface, I won't think twice to give him that opportunity.

1 Like

Re: Murray-Bruce Gives Widows Half Of His Wardrobe Allowance (Pics) by redsun(m): 11:37am On Dec 06, 2015
naijafreelancer:

how about they simply learn not to steal the peoples money?...much easier for everyone that way!

Learning not steal in Nigeria will mean that one is a failure. A "Jew guy" and a disappointment to his family, friends, cohorts and community.

It is taboo in Nigeria not to loot when you are in a position of authority. Stealing is a norm in Nigeria.
Re: Murray-Bruce Gives Widows Half Of His Wardrobe Allowance (Pics) by Talibanis: 11:38am On Dec 06, 2015
bewla:
y half all now
Will u shut up ur rotten foul-smelling mouth. Must ur idiotic type comment? Commend a good deed.

1 Like

Re: Murray-Bruce Gives Widows Half Of His Wardrobe Allowance (Pics) by irondome: 11:47am On Dec 06, 2015
hush15:

Hmmm! You still getting it wrong. When the issue of wardrobe allowance came up. That was what he promised. He promise to donate half and he did. Of course, that is not part of ongoing project for his constituency, Of course he does that even before he ventured into politics. That I know much and can stand for. That's how he got to the senate anyway, unopposed. The fact is he promised and delivered. The current FG is yet to even set the table, not mention deliver the foods they promise and the economy keeps plummeting by the day. Rather deliver the deliverables, they chasing shadows and witch hunting at the expense of the economy.

As regards what you term as show offs, hope you know his entourage is not up to 5 people. Him, his security aide, his media aide, his personal assistant, and a representative of his constituency office to receive him. This is not a show off from my own perspective. He is a successful technocrat who has paid his dues in the entertainment industry. He is the spear head of beauty pageants in nigeria and now, the cinemas, don't forget the Domino's. . If he wants publicity, he has the whole apparatus. So, it is not a show off. It's all in the fun of a days work.

Back to law making, you talk about law making and knowing you onions. You didn't capture the politics aspect n I want to believe you a Nigerian. I won't say much here but you and me know that it's easier for a camel to pass thru the eye of a needle than laws to pass understanding the political terrain of Nigeria. If you watch or listen to his stations, you did know he make not just sense but commonsense. Given the opportunity, I say he can contribute to Nigeria positively and though I also don't think he is working on 2019, should he surface, I won't think twice to give him that opportunity.

Nice points. It would be nice if he toned down his publicity stunt anyway. It's of little significance showing us a "Bruce on an Okada"; a picture of him making the donation would have sufficed. It's no different from a Fayose showing us a picture of himself as a fish-cutter.
Re: Murray-Bruce Gives Widows Half Of His Wardrobe Allowance (Pics) by SimSify(m): 11:48am On Dec 06, 2015
Please I'm looking for my own senator ooo..please have any1 seen Sen. Stella Oduah.
Re: Murray-Bruce Gives Widows Half Of His Wardrobe Allowance (Pics) by Boss13: 12:04pm On Dec 06, 2015
This guy is going to run for governor and then president.
Re: Murray-Bruce Gives Widows Half Of His Wardrobe Allowance (Pics) by Young03(m): 12:07pm On Dec 06, 2015
Etumgbe:
guy are u from nsukka?

from my post,u will know am a full blooded nsukka guy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Rotimi Victor Rhodes-vivour Foundation Endorses Sanwo-Olu For A Second Term / "Bail Is Free" Spotted In Nigeria Police Station / Map Of Ethnic Groups In Nigeria As It Revolves From 1901- 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.