Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,152 members, 7,916,377 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 10:03 PM

The Bayelsa Election: A Lesson For The Igbos - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Bayelsa Election: A Lesson For The Igbos (58173 Views)

Early Results From Bayelsa Election -vanguard / Bayelsa Election: APC Cars Spotted In The Streets Of Bayelsa(photos) / Jonathan, Fayose At The Bayelsa PDP Governorship Primary Election Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bayelsa Election: A Lesson For The Igbos by Nobody: 7:44pm On Dec 07, 2015
That Op is a yoruba man bearing igbo name. The world knows that number of votes apc got in Bayelsa is a rigged vote. Igbo people plz kip fighting one day victory will be gotten
Re: The Bayelsa Election: A Lesson For The Igbos by sunsewa: 7:45pm On Dec 07, 2015
mannobi:
Ugo Chikieze wrote :

THE BAYELSA ELECTION, A LESSON FOR THE IGBOS:
I have been following events in the Bayelsa state since Saturday and I think it's high time we Igbos woke up and learn our lessons. What is happening in Bayelsa state shows that the Bayelsans have moved on. They are no longer tied to the apron of PDP and GEJ. That state is one of the smallest states in the country and it's the home state of the former president (GEJ), yet the result of the election held since Saturday have not been announced officially till now. I thought the PDP would have swept off the whole votes just like they did during the presidential election, but to my amazement the APC is also gathering considerable votes there. I know PDP may eventually emerge winner in the election, but my point is that we Igbos should wake up and stop crying more than the bereaved cos even the bereaved have moved on.
Other regions have moved on and have even started integrating themselves into this PMB administration to ensure they remain relevant and not schemed out if things, while some of my people are still holding themselves down and throwing hate speeches here and there.
Other region are already preparing for 2019, some are already gearing up for 2023, while my people have failed to arise and shake off GEJ and his failed administration. By 2019 now, we will begin to run helter-skelter and start last minute preparation and when we loose again, we will say we are hated by others but we forget that we are the ones holding ourselves down now that others are already preparing ahead.
The Igbos have enjoyed more "juicy" appointments in the past 16 years of this democratic dispensation, yet none of the appointees or elected officials performed exceptional well for us to present him/her as presidential candidate. But look at the likes of Fashola, Fayemi, Kwakwanso, El Rufai, etc they are all potential presidential candidates going forward cos their achievements speak for them. Tell me the achievements of. Orji Uzor Kalu, T.A Orji, Sam Egwu, Chimaroke Nnamani, Mbadinuju, etc.... none of them made a mark in their various states, yet we leave them and keep pointing fingers to other regions and saying they are our problem.
I advise we wake up and begin to align ourselves strategically with other region now cos we can never produce a president in this country if we continue like this.
While some misguided elements are busy shouting Biafra, and claiming that South south is part of their Biafra, the southsouth have denounced the whole Biafra thing publicly and I understand that just last weekend, Nyesom Wike of River State, named a stadium in River State after Yakubu Gowon. Does that not tell you something?
The golden rule says 'DO UNTO OTHERS WHAT YOU WILL LIKE THEM TO DO UNTO YOU'..... Love begat love, hate begat hate. Don't expect love from others when you give them hatred, don't expect them to vote for your candidate when you keep calling them animals that live in the zoo.
"Give and it shall be given unto you" whatever you give to others is what they will give back to you GOOD MEASURES, PRESSED DOWN, SHAKING TOGETHER AND RUNNING OVER.
He who has ears let him hear, Wisdom is profitable to direct.... I rest my case...

When u mentioned fayemi,kwankwaso and elrufai is when I lost interest in ur article, can u compare those u mentioned to Peter Obi in terms of governance.

W

1 Like

Re: The Bayelsa Election: A Lesson For The Igbos by wristbangle: 7:47pm On Dec 07, 2015
The truth is always bitter but it hold cogent things that will move people forward.

When PDP ruled most states in the country for 16years, ACN/APC ruled lagos for the same years but the remarkable success of fashola was an eye opener for even citizen of Nigerians who visited lagos and want such success to be emulated in their respective states.

Ogun state is one of them who made such decision and I was so amazed when I saw how amosun transform Abeokuta to a modern city (Imagine 6 fly-overs) and other wonderful infrastructural development. Little by little, presidents in future are showing and I feel the people of South east should do the same. Though I am not saying they should denounce their loyalty for which ever party they are supporting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bayelsa Election: A Lesson For The Igbos by repogirl(f): 7:49pm On Dec 07, 2015
Wetin consign Igbo consign APC rigging in BAYELSA? That article is a waste of space and the author's time. angry

APC CANNOT WIN BAYELSA FREE AND FAIRLY!
Re: The Bayelsa Election: A Lesson For The Igbos by starG7(m): 7:49pm On Dec 07, 2015
mannobi:
Ugo Chikieze wrote :

I have been following events in the Bayelsa state since Saturday and I think it's high time we Igbos woke up and learn our lessons. What is happening in Bayelsa state shows that the Bayelsans have moved on. They are no longer tied to the apron of PDP and GEJ. That state is one of the smallest states in the country and it's the home state of the former president (GEJ), yet the result of the election held since Saturday have not been announced officially till now. I thought the PDP would have swept off the whole votes just like they did during the presidential election, but to my amazement the APC is also gathering considerable votes there. I know PDP may eventually emerge winner in the election, but my point is that we Igbos should wake up and stop crying more than the bereaved cos even the bereaved have moved on.
Other regions have moved on and have even started integrating themselves into this PMB administration to ensure they remain relevant and not schemed out if things, while some of my people are still holding themselves down and throwing hate speeches here and there.
Other region are already preparing for 2019, some are already gearing up for 2023, while my people have failed to arise and shake off GEJ and his failed administration. By 2019 now, we will begin to run helter-skelter and start last minute preparation and when we loose again, we will say we are hated by others but we forget that we are the ones holding ourselves down now that others are already preparing ahead.
The Igbos have enjoyed more "juicy" appointments in the past 16 years of this democratic dispensation, yet none of the appointees or elected officials performed exceptional well for us to present him/her as presidential candidate. But look at the likes of Fashola, Fayemi, Kwakwanso, El Rufai, etc they are all potential presidential candidates going forward cos their achievements speak for them. Tell me the achievements of. Orji Uzor Kalu, T.A Orji, Sam Egwu, Chimaroke Nnamani, Mbadinuju, etc.... none of them made a mark in their various states, yet we leave them and keep pointing fingers to other regions and saying they are our problem.
I advise we wake up and begin to align ourselves strategically with other region now cos we can never produce a president in this country if we continue like this.
While some misguided elements are busy shouting Biafra, and claiming that South south is part of their Biafra, the southsouth have denounced the whole Biafra thing publicly and I understand that just last weekend, Nyesom Wike of River State, named a stadium in River State after Yakubu Gowon. Does that not tell you something?
The golden rule says 'DO UNTO OTHERS WHAT YOU WILL LIKE THEM TO DO UNTO YOU'..... Love begat love, hate begat hate. Don't expect love from others when you give them hatred, don't expect them to vote for your candidate when you keep calling them animals that live in the zoo.
"Give and it shall be given unto you" whatever you give to others is what they will give back to you GOOD MEASURES, PRESSED DOWN, SHAKING TOGETHER AND RUNNING OVER.
He who has ears let him hear, Wisdom is profitable to direct.... I rest my case...
dierectionless, useless and senseless too angry
Re: The Bayelsa Election: A Lesson For The Igbos by osazeeblue01: 7:51pm On Dec 07, 2015
What is he saying? Did they force u to talk
Re: The Bayelsa Election: A Lesson For The Igbos by chi4ik4(m): 7:52pm On Dec 07, 2015
this man is a fool! is okorocha not an Igbo man? is he not the governor of IMO state? y must this hungry man called Ugo speak nonsense here? this is state election not federal election for Christ sake!!!!
Re: The Bayelsa Election: A Lesson For The Igbos by ERICCHUKS: 7:52pm On Dec 07, 2015
@Ugo,You are writing arrant nonsense. @Applord Thank you very much. Ugo is looking for recognition from a man that is vindictive with much hatred to the Igbos even from his days as minister of petroleum to his days as PTF chairman.
Re: The Bayelsa Election: A Lesson For The Igbos by yipata: 7:53pm On Dec 07, 2015
moderation2020:
pointless

SEE THIS BEEF..
Re: The Bayelsa Election: A Lesson For The Igbos by charlesucheh(m): 7:54pm On Dec 07, 2015
Those clamoring for biafra are remote controlled Zombies. All you've just written is rubbish to them, they'll just hiss and shove it down their asses.
Nigeria must move and if they dnt want, then they should probably be ready for a repeat of what happened btw 1967-1970, That's if the Cows even know the repercussion it will bring....
Re: The Bayelsa Election: A Lesson For The Igbos by cut007: 7:56pm On Dec 07, 2015
mannobi:
Ugo Chikieze wrote :

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!!!! Yorubas and there obsession with the Igbos!!! "UGO CHIKEZIE INDEED!!! loooooooooool!!! Kindergarten/Trash write up. Yorobbers, LOOOOL!!!!

1 Like

Re: The Bayelsa Election: A Lesson For The Igbos by richynd: 7:57pm On Dec 07, 2015
My brother you are very wrong to think that Igbos voted PDP just for Party sake. Simply, Igbos refused to be hoodwinked by the Propaganda and lies of APC which are very glaring now to everybody. Majority of Igbos voted individual not party. In a United and widely civilised country men like Buhari would never become president.

1 Like

Re: The Bayelsa Election: A Lesson For The Igbos by wandy4G: 7:59pm On Dec 07, 2015
Can't find any sense.
Re: The Bayelsa Election: A Lesson For The Igbos by bigW(m): 7:59pm On Dec 07, 2015
themaskedman:
Gawd I can't uunderstand how people reason in Nigeria today.
What exactly do we want for Nigeria?
Must everyone be in APC and support Buhari?
The Igbo have made a choice to stay and remain with PDP and should be left alone.
The north especially the NW has been consistent in their rejection of PDP and Jonathan and nobody has ever reprimanded and upbraided them but instead have been called brave.
In the US certain states are known as pro democratic and republican. Texas for one has alawys been republican and nobody has insulted them for not joining Obama's democratic party.
Why is it only in Nigeria that people are reprimanded for voting and staying with a party of choice?

If I got the OP clearly, I don't think he was campaigning for one party, He was just stating how the Igbos can rise up to occasions irrespective of the party. To others on this thread, Y is it Dat every discussion has to be about insulting each oda everytime, I mean if someone raises a point and u feel it's not right, Raise a point to counter it, dat way we all learn. Somehow I feel as apc has gotten to power, It could b an eye opener at d end of d day, If gej had continued, Ppl would forever say things like: assuming Buhari enterd "this and that wouldn't have happened" but now dat he is dia if he does bad at d end of it all. we would all realise he wasn't the person we all thot he is or some dat thot Sha.. and wen next we cast our vote we would be more wiser collectively. Abeg make nobody insult me oo, I just talk my. opinion..

3 Likes

Re: The Bayelsa Election: A Lesson For The Igbos by LordRADSTOCK(m): 8:00pm On Dec 07, 2015
Baseless
Re: The Bayelsa Election: A Lesson For The Igbos by Ahmeduana(m): 8:00pm On Dec 07, 2015
onyegwu:
Op pls stop dragging Igbos to every thing that happens in this country. This ur preaching has been heard severally. If u call ur self and Igbo person do them a favour by allowing things to die down a natural death the way it ought to be by not always bringing out this blame game. What is the business of Igbos in Bayelsa elections? Did they commit any crime to participate in a democratic elections that U are free to align ur self with anybody u feel like? U are nt telling them what they have not heard b4 so stop opening all this ok!. Haba!!
DON'T MIND THE MAN, (IN A GAME OF CHOICE) IS ONLY IN NIGERIA GET BLAME FOR THE CHOICE YOU MADE.

1 Like

Re: The Bayelsa Election: A Lesson For The Igbos by ogunsbanjul(m): 8:02pm On Dec 07, 2015
What a wise word but I doubt if they will hear
Re: The Bayelsa Election: A Lesson For The Igbos by bigW(m): 8:03pm On Dec 07, 2015
Prec1ous:
I have an advice for all ill-spawned biafrans.

Why are you wasting time online constituting nuisance? That alone shows how myopic you all are towards your so-called promised land.

If you cannot bring something similar to the biblical plague of Moses, then get serious because you are stuck with Nigeria.

None of you all saying trash witnessed the civil and its not what you should be hoping for.

I prefer boko haram to you idiots, in there confused movement they can bite, you all are toothless bull mastiff. When one of you becomes a suicide bomber, we will know that you are serious.

Meanwhile...
-You can tear your Nigerian passport.
-Burn your Nigerian voters card and I'd card.
-LEAVE the west and North and March home.
-Destroy the Niger bridge and rename it.
-Tell your senators, honorables and ministers to leave there Nigerian duties and come home.
-Stop coming online to wail, go to Aso rock and cry there.

Declare yourself sovereign today if you are serious and stop nt is shady and foolish hypocrisy.

It hurts when I know it's the youth who are supposed to hold promise for tomorrow are the ones trading there life for a white elephant progress.

Anyone who quotes or mention me to say trash will have a short life span like the biafran dream.

Idiots.

2 Heineken for this person... Inshort I add cat fish join am.. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bayelsa Election: A Lesson For The Igbos by aleem50(m): 8:04pm On Dec 07, 2015
But Lagos is a no man's land nah grin
Re: The Bayelsa Election: A Lesson For The Igbos by meche4vr(m): 8:04pm On Dec 07, 2015
sad ugo abi wetin be ur name, where re u coming from. Ur speech write up are blank pointless without facts .some of ex-governor u mentioned have something to remembered about. Chimaroke NNAMANI for example... Ga juo ESE. Is like u re ejebe eru uno. My mama say I be IBO.
Pls we the Igbo's is not all about Gej I don't know who tells you that . we don't run after who is not opening his arm to embrace us.
Pls always consult before u post rubbish
Re: The Bayelsa Election: A Lesson For The Igbos by michaelbiz: 8:04pm On Dec 07, 2015
Adminisher:
Igbos don't learn. Leave them alone besides they are enjoying the self pity they are passing through. It is an interesting psychological problem.

I shake my head for a generation that has lost its bearing!!!

Intelligent Igbo men, well-schooled in History, know EXACTLY what happened in the civil war and are ashamed of the decisions they took.
Our young men are carrying garbage stories re-edited to suit the wounds of the Igbo elites and running into hell with it in the name of IPOB and BIAFRA.

When you sit back and think of the Igbo leadership compared side-by-side with other regions, you will see the truth as clear as spring water.
Ndigbo leaders know they have failed the Igbos, and instead of telling them "umunna m, we are sorry" - they decided to turn them against Nigeria so that these young angry and vibrant men will not come after them.

Igbos should look at the facts on the table; dig deep and you will see the height of trickery and deception!
God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Bayelsa Election: A Lesson For The Igbos by Nobody: 8:05pm On Dec 07, 2015
moderation2020:
pointless

Very pointless
Re: The Bayelsa Election: A Lesson For The Igbos by Phobia1: 8:05pm On Dec 07, 2015
Exploit200:

You love imprisonment?where your wish will be dictated by another person. kai this writer has made fool of his/ herself.
Just tell Nigerians one refined reasons for people to support this govt.

Electricity--E8
Petrol--F9
Economic polices--F9, if you want me to go on and on I can, or wait a minute look at the elections conducted so far is this govt not a disappointment?. Pls OP give Nigerians genuine reasons why this govt should be loved. NO ABUSE.
THANX
thr is an abuse. all dis ur so called reasons are pointless because u nd i knw very wel dat dey are inherited. nd we did lnt "really" complain upuntil som pple notified us dat its almost 16yrs(of failure) already! so its no "gud! reasons pls. #ThankYou
Re: The Bayelsa Election: A Lesson For The Igbos by Nobody: 8:05pm On Dec 07, 2015
Trash
Prec1ous:
I have an advice for all ill-spawned biafrans.

Why are you wasting time online constituting nuisance? That alone shows how myopic you all are towards your so-called promised land.

If you cannot bring something similar to the biblical plague of Moses, then get serious because you are stuck with Nigeria.

None of you all saying trash witnessed the civil and its not what you should be hoping for.

I prefer boko haram to you idiots, in there confused movement they can bite, you all are toothless bull mastiff. When one of you becomes a suicide bomber, we will know that you are serious.

Meanwhile...
-You can tear your Nigerian passport.
-Burn your Nigerian voters card and I'd card.
-LEAVE the west and North and March home.
-Destroy the Niger bridge and rename it.
-Tell your senators, honorables and ministers to leave there Nigerian duties and come home.
-Stop coming online to wail, go to Aso rock and cry there.

Declare yourself sovereign today if you are serious and stop nt is shady and foolish hypocrisy.

It hurts when I know it's the youth who are supposed to hold promise for tomorrow are the ones trading there life for a white elephant progress.

Anyone who quotes or mention me to say trash will have a short life span like the biafran dream.

Idiots.
Trash
Re: The Bayelsa Election: A Lesson For The Igbos by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 07, 2015
BASELESS. YOU ARE NOT AN IGBO MAN. MAY GOD NOTALLOW YOUR VISION FOR IGBO MAN BE ACTUALIZED.m
Re: The Bayelsa Election: A Lesson For The Igbos by opius: 8:08pm On Dec 07, 2015
mannobi:
Ugo Chikieze wrote :

U re just trying to be relevant ....
you ve succeeded in making no point..

1 Like

Re: The Bayelsa Election: A Lesson For The Igbos by arresa: 8:10pm On Dec 07, 2015
Very commendable write up.

Unfortunately, it makes no difference when people are eternally self destructive and also when your history and preoccupations is nothing but hate, self inflicted distractions and needless paranoia...

You can not prevent people from hating especially when it's a way of life and what many parents thought and are still teaching their kids how to do based on flawed and mispainted stories..

2 Likes

Re: The Bayelsa Election: A Lesson For The Igbos by Phobia1: 8:11pm On Dec 07, 2015
Uniben4sure:
Op you are a bloody paid agent!

The fact is that Igbo's have nothing to regret for not supporting APC and b00hari. We know that b00hari is a bloody tribal cum religious bigot. He has proven that through his actions and inactions since he came to office.

BTW, let me inform you that some of those past PDP governors you mentioned actually worked. I wouldn't know for T.A orji but I can attest to the fact that the duo of Chimaroke Nnamani and Sam Egwu performed while in office.

I am presently in an APC controlled state (Edo) and I know how bad things are here. IMO state is an APC controlled state, yet nothing to show for being under APC leadership in the state. I have been to Osun and Ogun states which are APC states, nothing is working there!

The point is that we should not completely demonize PDP as if APC is any better. Igbo's support PDP because APC failed in most of the states they govern. So, enough of all these senseless talks about Igbo's not moving on and bla bla bla. Igbo's are wise and are not easily moved by propaganda which is what APC is founded on.

Let APC prove themselves better than PDP, then they can get the support of the Igbo's. I rest my case.
I wud hav agreed wit wat u wrote up thr, buh mentioning Osun nd Ogun state make all ur write-up meaningles(to me anyway). u might say Osun because of the Salary bruhaha buh Ogun sTate!? i'll definitely disagree wit u. #ThankYou
Re: The Bayelsa Election: A Lesson For The Igbos by adanny01(m): 8:11pm On Dec 07, 2015
mannobi:
Ugo Chikieze wrote :

1 Billion likes.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

5 Ministers Who Have Been Silent Since Their Appointment / Hausa Man Contests For Councillor In Ebonyi Under PDP (Photos) / Military Burnt Nko, Yakurr, Cross River State After Youths Killed A Soldier

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.