Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,048 members, 7,970,245 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 01:13 AM

Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? (9143 Views)

Ife Wa Gbona By Tiwa Savage(Best Album of the Year) / Album Of The Year "asa" Download Here / Got The Full Album Of 2face Idibia (grass 2 Grace)! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Go Down)

Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Sauron1: 7:22pm On Jun 10, 2009

You need to chill and understand what I mean before you burst a vessel . . . 
By inconsistent, I mean Nas has put out some mediocre tracks in the history of his career . . . just like every other hot, lukewarm or wack MC . . .

Just like Eminem.
And again I say - for every mediocre track he has released, there are, on average, three tracks to smoke 'em out . . . geddit bruv!!

Look at Bamsyle boxing himself into a corner.
U dug a grave and you jumped into it.
If all MCs are not demi-gods like you are now claiming, how's Nas' INCONSISTENCY is biggest SIN?? grin grin grin grin
U cannot argue in court, i would be sending your client to THE CHAIR.

And talking 'bout inconsistency . . . how about Sauron being inconsistent When the Untitled album dropped, you copped it on i-tunes and jerked to it . . . if you want me to dig out your comments less than a year ago on that album, I can . . . it was a classic album to you then . . . so what's happening now, bruv??

Bamsyle, we are talking about the CLASH at the top now. . . . .I am not talking in the grand scheme of things.
Of course, Jigga, Nas, DMX, Eminem, Canibus etc are all excellent rappers but even at the top, we can still pick up the little faults around these rappers so if i say Nas is wack or Jigga is a BITER, it does not mean they are STILL not better than Soulja Boy or Lil Wayne.
Wackness or whatever i call em here is relative. I still buy any album dropped by these cats.
This is just picking on the fine margin between the creme de la creme.

Still on inconsistency, how about Eminem's Encore?? . . . what about Infinite where he was accused of and even admitted sounding like Nas?? . . . how about Eminem's garbage appearances during his hiatus (Smack That, Peep Show, etc)?? Ain't you forgetting in a hurry?

How's "Smack That" a garbage appearance? That was a commercial joint.
What do u expect? Eminem/Akon. How good was Michael Jackson/Biggie in 1995?? grin grin grin grin
Does that make Biggie inconsistent?? grin grin grin grin

How has Nas faded off?? In spite of his donkey years in the industry, he's still more relevant than Canibus and Eminem waxed together and multiplied by 4

Nas is now a fable. He is as relevant as DMX or Ice Cube.
Can u live with that? grin

Snoop, Eminem, Fiddy - these are ALL mainstream rappers . . . Dre excels at producing such . . . do we need to arrange a special class for you on this?? Nas' style is different . . . he's underground . . . and I daresay the most successful underground MC ever to bless the mic . . .

How is Nas underground FFS!!!!
Nas is more mainstream than Eminem and Snoop.
Do you know how much attention "It Was Written" and "I Am" garnered in the 90s.
How can u feature Lauryn Hill and P.Diddy/DMX in an album and you still think it's "Underground". Abeg, don't make a case for Nas here.
He failed Dre. cheesy

And I always laugh when you sing tunes like this till you turn hoarse . . . The Dr Dre-produced album for The Firm was criticized for one reason - its focus on a mainstream, R&B/pop-inclination, rather than the more gangsta style the individual members were already known and respected for. In particular, Nas was accused of seeking pop stardom at the expense of his roots . . . so get your facts right . . . The Firm's failure with Dre wasn't as a result of Nas' incapability . . . why do you like twisting facts so desperately at the expense of losing a debate??

The Firm failed because of Nas. . . . .That was as clear as anything in 1997.
Nas had no theme and no focus. He wanted to run from the Feds, party hard, talk about drug money and still stay rooted to his fans.
He was confused. He didn't know whether to do it the Biggie way or stick to his old self.

And despite his underground sound, Nas is well respected/accepted by Rap's fans, fanatics, and haters alike . . . unlike a monumental failure like Canibus . . . NAS IS AN ICON.

No one would ever dispute that. Just like Mike Tyson will always be an ICON but you won't put him in a boxing ring now, would you?
If Nas had started his career with the quality of his last 2 albums, we wouldn't know him(never mind his iconic status).

There you go again - twisting statements and facts . . . what I said applies only to Eminem being labelled as the inventor of the concept known as "rhyming words which shouldn't rhyme" . . . I ain't saying old school rappers are better or worse . . . I don't dwell on the past . . . but I also don't forget it.
You're only repeating what I said - although you largely contorted it . . . Eminem should not be given the title of "The Inventor of Rhyming Words That Shouldn't Rhyme" . . . Rakim deserves it . . . Eminem only took it to another level . . . Kapish

Eminem does it better. He takes it to the level where you would wow to the wordplay and still laugh.
Simple words, simple logic that appeal to the dumbest of listeners.
To top it, he would say it in a way no rapper would dare say it.
Nas/Jigga wouldn't dream of thinking about which Spice Girl they wanna impregnate.

You really need a sex change . . . cos of the way you're always gettin' on Eminem's you-know-what (plus we ain't even sure Em's not gay - after the Borat incident) . . . 

He's too homophobic to be GAY.
The Borat issue was another stunt to kool the nerves of the GAY activists.
In 2000, he performed with Elton John. Now, he let Borat's bum drop on his face.
The mission is to kill SoundScan and he is doing that already.

Now, seriously . . . you're mis-interpreting me again . . . I never said Eminem ain't a freestylist . . . Freestyle is fundamental to Rap . . . anyone of Eminem's, Biggie's, Jigga's (etc) calibre in the industry must be able to freestyle . . . all these cats grew up battling, rhyming in cyphers, beat-boxing and all . . . so it ain't even sh*t that your favourite MC can freestyle . . . what should a river produce if it ain't water?? All I'm saying is Eminem IS NOT the best freestylist ever . . . he can't mess with cats like Jin . . . he can't mess with Biggie on a good day . . . I would dig up Biggie's freestyles for you, maybe you've never heard of 'em . . . and I can continue to name a lot of rappers who're better than Em at freestyling . .

Dig up Nas/Jigga's freestyles. Leave Biggie out of it. grin grin grin grin grin
While you are at it, bring out any freestyle anywhere(audio/video) that can stand toe to toe with the video i posted.
It's a challenge, i need you to take it.

Eminem's best freestyles were even spat during his hungry days (pre-meeting with Dre) . . . and yet he got his ass whupped by Rhymefest, MC Juice, and Supernatural (all underground cats) . . . we told you before on this forum . . . go do your research.

No one told me anything.
Besides, Rhymefest won that tourney because of his skin.
Jim Iovine in an interview said it was the biggest injustice he's ever seen and he did the right thing.
He introduced Eminem to Dre(not Rhymefest).

20 evergreen joints?? Oh, so you think I made a complete list of all his evergreen joints?? Nah, bruv, you should know better than that . . . if you want a more comprehensive list, ask and you shall be given . . .   plus it's so amazing that you continue to quote from an MC you consider as wack - Jigga.

I have all Nas' album. He used to be ma favourite rapper but these days, he has lost the hunger.
Cats were expecting a lot from him on his last album but it didn't score like i expected.
He should retire.

You like making sweeping statements - who is "Everyone"?? . . . what's general consensus?? (I don't even need to visit the so-called rap sites cos I'm sure to meet mixed reviews) . . . how about arguing based on your own convictions?? And why do you like giving your own reasons to justify actions taken in private by MCs you love to hate?? . . . you keep singing choruses like "Nas was afraid of a collabo with Em on "The Cross", "Nas deleted his verse from the album version" - all these are called Tales By Moonlight.

They are not tales by moonlight.
Nas is a coward. He is gifted when it comes to putting stuffs on paper.
He is not a freestylist. I am sorry. He doesn't have the clout to eat the heart of any MC.

1) Eminem is bereft of meaningful lyrics . . . he makes you laugh, impresses you with his wordplay . . . but in the overall, he doesn't strike you with some theme you can learn from/get inspired by . . . he had a flash of inspiration on "Lose Yourself" and a handful of joints . . . whilst clowning, he needs to task his brain cells more and make music that'll make peops consider him as one of Rap's Greats.

2) Eminem is too shallow compared to Nas.

3) Nas' rise to fame and respect is devoid of cheap publicity stunts and name-dropping just to sell records . . . Eminem's pedigree abounds with such.

4) Nas has put out more classic material than Eminem . . . it's not gonna be easy to count the number of classics he has . . . I can count Eminem's off the top of ma head.

5) Nas is much better at rhyming words - with sense . . . Eminem likes to rhyme words at all costs - and most times, they make no sense.

1) Despite dropping out of school in his 8th grade, Eminem has more vocabulary than Nas.
Eminem and Bis are the only rappers that make you press rewind continuously or run to google to find out what they are talking about.
Nas base his stunts on politics/trying to be a prophet(Fake version of T.D. Jakes).

2) Eminem is more brilliant than Nas. He can rap and he has produced tracks for Nas.
Eminem owns his own record label and Nas is still doing a lapdog for Jigga after 15 years in the rap game.
I understand why young'uns are taking shots at him when he said HIPHOP-IS-DEAD. Nas does not inspire a young brother.
Every young kid in America wants to be like Jigga, Biggie, Eminem and 50 cent.

3) Nas' ascendancy in the rap game was as a result of no stiff competition in his time.
Imagine the whole East Coast waiting for a messiah in 1994 to take the shine off the West Coast.
Apart from the niggaz in the west(Snoop, Warren G, Dre, 2Pac, Ice Cube, etc). . . .who else was relevant in the East?
Nas got to where he is today because he had it easier in em days.

4) Eminem has more classics than Nas.
I would assume his last album wasn't a classic. He has still made 3 classics in 5 studio albums.
Nas has 4 classics in 12 albums or thereabout. Do the math, Bam(this time without bias). grin grin grin

5) Rhyming words with sense? I see no evolution in Nas' lyrics.
Same ol' 1994 style. His rhyme pattern hasn't changed. He is too monotonous.
In simple words, i have not learnt anything new from Nas since i copped. . . . ."I Am" in 1999. grin grin grin grin
And with lines like. . . ."Like a cup of virgin blood", "Blood of a slave, heart of a king". . . . .Who is he trying to fool? grin grin grin grin

Don't even letz go on with this . . . I could go on and on . . . Rap ain't Pop or R'n'B . . . nah, it's more serious stuff . . . there are some things you just can't get away with (like forced rhyming) - especially at a certain level of your career.

Well . . . unlike you, I ain't biased or carried away by stunts . . . I clear whatever haze is in front of me eyes and try to see clearly/focus in spite of the hocus-pocus . . . Eminem is a good rapper . . . but Nas is miles ahead of him

This is a matter of opinion and what each individual prefers but i know one thing. . . . .

There's nothing Nas can do that Eminem cannot. There are stuffs Eminem can do that Nas can never match.
Show us one video of Nas freestyling(let's start with that).
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Ibime(m): 7:29pm On Jun 10, 2009
~Sauron~:

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwyOfqbP8JU&hl=en&fs=1&" [/flash]

Gotdamn. . . . I take back every bad word I ever said about Em. . . . but why doesn't he spit these kind of raps on his albums anymore?
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Bamsyle(m): 7:43pm On Jun 10, 2009
@Sauron

That was a weak comeback man.

You chose to side-step ma other points and answer the ones most convenient for you.

~Sauron~:

Look at Bamsyle boxing himself into a corner.
U dug a grave and you jumped into it.
If all MCs are not demi-gods like you are now claiming, how's Nas' INCONSISTENCY is biggest SIN?? grin grin grin grin
U cannot argue in court, i would be sending your client to THE CHAIR.

I assumed I'm arguing with an intelligent fella . . .

There ain't no boxing/corner on this one . . . if I type "Jesus' greatest mistake was that he died for the sins of mankind", you would be quick to infer that I'm saying "Jesus committed an error by dying for the world . . .  grin grin grin

Quit this dumbass argument bruv . . . one day you might take it to the streets . . .  grin grin grin

Bamsyle, we are talking about the CLASH at the top now. . . . .I am not talking in the grand scheme of things.
Of course, Jigga, Nas, DMX, Eminem, Canibus etc are all excellent rappers but even at the top, we can still pick up the little faults around these rappers so if i say Nas is wack or Jigga is a BITER, it does not mean they are STILL not better than Soulja Boy or Lil Wayne.
Wackness or whatever i call em here is relative. I still buy any album dropped by these cats.
This is just picking on the fine margin between the creme de la creme.

Sauron, I consider you more intelligent than this . . . you referred to the Untitled album as "nothing to write home about" . . . now you're talkin' "clash at the top" and "creme de la creme" . . . what's relative about calling an album "nothing to write home about" . . . the same album that you referred to a few months ago (when your name was still Hannibal) as a classic?? This is called erm . . . hallucination . . .  grin grin

How's "Smack That" a garbage appearance? That was a commercial joint.
What do u expect? Eminem/Akon. How good was Michael Jackson/Biggie in 1995?? grin grin grin grin
Does that make Biggie inconsistent?? grin grin grin grin

I can now confirm that you listen to music through your nostrils . . .

Smack That, despite being a commercial joint, was a rain of garbage, a show of shame . . . ask any Hip Hop head or leg . . . what has the fact that it's an Eminem/Akon bond got to do with this?? Akon has more Hip Hop affiliations than MJ . . . I expected sumn more dope . . . Biggie, Meth, Pac, and other dope MCs have collaboed with divas and a lotta R'n'B crooners . . . why didn't they dumb down??

Nas is now a fable. He is as relevant as DMX or Ice Cube.
Can u live with that? grin

Of course I can live with it . . . cos it's coming from you.

I'll wait for any credible Hip Hop fan or critic on this forum or elsewhere to co-sign that before I even move a muscle . . .  grin grin grin
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Sauron1: 7:58pm On Jun 10, 2009
Ibime:

Gotdamn. . . . I take back every bad word I ever said about Em. . . . but why doesn't he spit these kind of raps on his albums anymore?

Watch out for Relapse 2. . . . .

Finally, i have CONVERTED an unbeliever.
I listened to that freestyle and i was like FUCKING HELL. . . . . . .This is mass HYSTERIA.
Em has nothing to prove after that clip. Nothing at all.
I challenge all the Nasiacs, JayZiacs and the Kanyeniacs to top that.

@ Bamsyle,

All ya replies are up there.

Your Jesus example was laughable.

How many Jesuses were there when Christ died on the cross? grin grin grin grin
U said Nas' biggest sin was his inconsistency in the same breath with MCs are not demi-gods and they are all fallible.
If seasonal mediocrity is a general phenomenom with MCs, i don't see how Nas should be faulted solely for it.
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Bamsyle(m): 8:07pm On Jun 10, 2009
~Sauron~:

Finally, i have CONVERTED an unbeliever.

I listened to that freestyle and i was like FUCKING HELL. . . . . . .This is mass HYSTERIA.
Em has nothing to prove after that clip. Nothing at all.
I challenge all the Nasiacs, JayZiacs and the Kanyeniacs to top that.

@ Bamsyle,

All ya replies are up there.

Hehehehe . . . you 'succeeded' in converting your twin bro and you're happy . . .  grin grin

Congrats, what an achievement . . .  grin grin grin

How about converting Wordsmith, A-40, Eldee, and other folks who easily see through your misleading ads on NL??  cheesy

Don't worry, if it's all about freestyles . . . I'll dig up freestyles from Nas, Biggie, and even some from average MCs - that'll smoke Em's to ashes.

Just wait a lil' bit.

Hehe . . . same Em that performed the same 'freestyle' lines at Scribble Jams and Rap Olympics?? I'm having a fit of laughter . . .

~Sauron~:

@ Bamsyle,

Your Jesus example was laughable.

How many Jesuses were there when Christ died on the cross? grin grin grin grin
U said Nas' biggest sin was his inconsistency in the same breath with MCs are not demi-gods and they are all fallible.
If seasonal mediocrity is a general phenomenom with MCs, i don't see how Nas should be faulted solely for it.

Gosh . . . I really have to take the pains to explain this (forgive ma earlier assumptions  grin).

Nas, by your arguments, has not been consistent . . . I agreed in principle (so as to dig holes in that theory), I did not concede . . .

Then I went further to tell you that if this is the sin that you're so quick to build your argument as to his wackness around, he has like three hot tracks for each allegedly wack track . . .

I again explained that this must also apply to Eminem and a lot of other good MCs.

How simpler can I explain for you to get it??
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Sauron1: 8:16pm On Jun 10, 2009
Bamsyle:

Hehehehe . . . you 'succeeded' in converting your twin bro and you're happy . . . grin grin
Congrats, what an achievement . . . grin grin grin

It's not an achievement. . . . . .This is lyricism at the top most level.

How about converting Wordsmith, A-40, Eldee, and other folks who easily see through your misleading ads on NL?? cheesy

Bamsyle, we go fight o.
Look at the names you are mentioning.
Eldee----He believes Kanye is better than Eminem.
A-40-----As long as lyrics are about Cristalz, Lexus and Mafia suits, he doesn't wanna know about rhyme patterns and breath control. grin grin
Wordsmith----His wack lyrics on Rap section should tell you what he is about. He doesn't get it.

Don't worry, if it's all about freestyles . . . I'll dig up freestyles from Nas, Biggie, and even some from average MCs - that'll smoke Em's to ashes.
Just wait a lil' bit.

Bamsyle, don't just dig up guguru and epa freestyles o.
Dig up the ones that can match the clip i posted(that was 3 weeks ago) not 1997/98.

Hehe . . . same Em that performed the same 'freestyle' lines at Scribble Jams and Rap Olympics?? I'm having a fit of laughter . . .

Rappers do that a lot.
Canibus has 100000000 bars in his head but you would still see him repeat his freestyles.
Is it not better than Jigga who steals lyrics? Even Biggie/2Pac repeated their freestyles.
Eminem is dope, abeg. Stop beefing the white boy. grin
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Bamsyle(m): 8:26pm On Jun 10, 2009
~Sauron~:

It's not an achievement. . . . . .This is lyricism at the top most level.

I'll listen and comment.

Bamsyle, we go fight o.
Look at the names you are mentioning.
Eldee----He believes Kanye is better than Eminem.
A-40-----As long as lyrics are about Cristalz, Lexus and Mafia suits, he doesn't wanna know about rhyme patterns and breath control. grin grin
Wordsmith----His wack lyrics on Rap section should tell you what he is about. He doesn't get it.

Well . . . I'll leave the parties concerned to respond to this.

Bamsyle, don't just dig up guguru and epa freestyles o.
Dig up the ones that can match the clip i posted(that was 3 weeks ago) not 1997/98.

What has the year got to do with it?? Or you're scared of hearing some unheard-of dope joint that Biggie spat before he died??  grin

Eminem is dope, abeg. Stop beefing the white boy. grin

This is where my prob lies . . . you make me argue like I hate Eminem . . . he's in my Top 10 List.

He's dope . . . all I'm saying is that - when you're able to see clearly through the dust he raises with his name-droppin' lyrics, he ain't as dope as Nas.

Rappers do that a lot.
Canibus has 100000000 bars in his head but you would still see him repeat his freestyles.
Is it not better than Jigga who steals lyrics? Even Biggie/2Pac repeated their freestyles.

Then it ain't freestyle no more . . . if it ain't off-the-top-of-the-head, on-the-spur-of-the-moment sh*t, it ain't FREESTYLE . . .  it's just a style that's free!!!
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by rapjunkie(m): 8:35pm On Jun 10, 2009
@sauron & bamsyle

u guys crack me up!!  . . . . lol  grin grin grin grin

Ive learnt so much from this thread its frightening.

Nice one
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Sauron1: 8:36pm On Jun 10, 2009
Bamsyle:

I'll listen and comment.

Do that, please!!!
Ma jaw dropped when i heard it.
Just when i thunk "Underground" was the best thing spewed in the last decade, this dropped on me lap.

Well . . . I'll leave the parties concerned to respond to this.

Let em.
A-40 is not coming back to NL for at least 5 weeks.
I buried his "Jigga does not bite" theory on the other thread when i exhumed more than 30 bitten bars. grin

What has the year got to do with it?? Or you're scared of hearing some unheard-of dope joint that Biggie spat before he died??  grin

Your conclusion was. . . . .Eminem can never be as dope as he was between 97 and 99.

This is where my prob lies . . . you make me argue like I hate Eminem . . . he's in my Top 10 List.

I would like to see this top 10(leave out Pac and Big).

He's dope . . . all I'm saying is that - when you're able to see clearly through the dust he raises with his name-droppin' lyrics, he ain't as dope as Nas.

My problem with Nas is. . . . . .He hasn't wowed me in the last 6 years. grin grin grin grin

Then it ain't freestyle no more . . . if it ain't off-the-top-of-the-head, on-the-spur-of-the-moment sh*t, it ain't FREESTYLE . . .  it's just a style that's free!!!

Can u blame these rappers?
If it was battling, they have one minute to spew their lyrics so their chances of repeating old lines are minimal.
On radio, they go as far as spewing 5 mins non-stop. Even Shakespeare would choke on that.
How easy do you think it is??
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Wordsmith(m): 8:45pm On Jun 10, 2009
from Sauron;
. . . Wordsmith----His wack lyrics on Rap section should tell you what he is about. He doesn't get it.

ROFLMAO, i was only going to read thru this thread, but ok, i'd reply briefly to this. cheesy cheesy LOL, dude, you've got 99 dumbass posts and all of them are fighting for #1 cheesy

are you even friggin' serious? me having wack lyrics? the same lyrics i used in the rap section to lacerate your sorry ass in a rap battle eldee organized?

dude, like i once told ofokasibe - "you ain't on my level. . . . .like Quantum shells" cheesy . gidit right, you don't see me when it comes to lyricism. cheesy
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Sauron1: 8:53pm On Jun 10, 2009
Wordsmith:

from Sauron;
ROFLMAO, i was only going to read thru this thread, but ok, i'd reply briefly to this. cheesy cheesy LOL, dude, you've got 99 dumbass posts and all of them are fighting for #1 cheesy

With your guguru n epa lyrics? grin grin grin
Someone must be deceiving your ass. U have no talent as far as writing is concerned.
Tic-tac toe lyrics?? are u an idiot?

are you even friggin' serious? me having wack lyrics? the same lyrics i used in the rap section to lacerate your sorry ass in a rap battle eldee organized?

The one you had Shaz and other cats upping your votes?
They voted for you cos you guys belong to the same clique.
When i look around NL for lyricists, you are not in the top 20.
Where are your topicals? Me against you is like King Kong versus Smeagol.

dude, like i once told ofokasibe - "you ain't on my level. . . . .like Quantum shells" cheesy . gidit right, you don't see me when it comes to lyricism. cheesy

Of course, how can i be on your level. . . . .U have no level.
Your lyrics are water-logged. grin grin grin grin
Alexpissu(my apprentice) would strangle you.
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Wordsmith(m): 8:57pm On Jun 10, 2009
@ Bamsyle and others,

and oh, by the way, here's the link where i handed Sharon his ass on a golden plate cheesy : https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-159761.0.html

read and enjoy cheesy
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Sauron1: 9:02pm On Jun 10, 2009
Wordsmith:

@ Bamsyle and others,

and oh, by the way, here's the link where i handed Sharon his ass on a golden plate cheesy : https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-159761.0.html

read and enjoy cheesy  

All the judges are your road dogs.
I shouldn't have allowed such a "doctored" competition.
If you ask around now, nuccas would tell you to go to church or get your head smashed.
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Wordsmith(m): 9:09pm On Jun 10, 2009
@ Sauron;

you know what? to be fair to your sorry ass, how about you take lyrics from our battle (both Rounds 1 & 2) to another site and have them judge them. your case is similar to bolajibaok. after cremating his carcass, dude kept on bitchin' how biased the votes were on NL. he took the battle on AHH, Ibime himself (Spitzofrenik on AHH) voted me the winner in that battle.  cheesy

look, dude take it like a man. . .or a trans cheesy, you are lyrically weak and at best come up with slightly above average shit at times. like i once told you , "know your role, and your's is on em poles" cheesy cheesy

go ahead, take the battle to another site, i already know what it is. i won fair and square.
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Sauron1: 9:17pm On Jun 10, 2009
Wordsmith:

@ Sauron;
you know what? to be fair to your sorry ass, how about you take lyrics from our battle (both Rounds 1 & 2) to another site and have them judge them. your case is similar to bolajibaok. after cremating his carcass, dude kept on bitchin' how biased the votes were on NL. he took the battle on AHH, Ibime himself (Spitzofrenik on AHH) voted me the winner in that battle.  cheesy

You are hyping yourself like a prostitute. . . .(What a shame!!!).

Wordsmith, even in my sleep. . . .you are not fit for purpose.
You are not blind(you go to Rap section everyday) i EAT pretenders like you for breakfast day in day out.
Go and ask the people in your league. . . . .they will tell you Sauron is way above your 6th grade vocabs.
Where were you when i was eating your masters(A-Pissu, Bolajibaok, Hybrid-X etc) for breakfast/

look, dude take it like a man. . .or a trans cheesy, you are lyrically weak and at best come up with slightly above average shit at times. like i once told you , "know your role, and your's is on em poles" cheesy cheesy

I don't need to over-flog this issue.
If you know you are what you call yourself, call me out on the rap battle and watch your status go down even further.
The rap section has moved far ahead than when you used to write meaningless gibberish.
I remember Kaydee explaining what multis mean to you a while ago and you wanna battle Sauron??
My weakest text the on rap section is better than the best shit you have spewed on NL or any other bitch site you visit.
Are u even intelligent enough to drop topicals? grin grin grin  All i keep reading is tic tac toe, it's wordsmith the godshit. grin grin grin

go ahead, take the battle to another site, i already know what it is. i won fair and square.

I don't have your time. . . . .If you know your weight in gold, call me out on the rap battle thread, chikena!!!
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Bamsyle(m): 9:18pm On Jun 10, 2009
~Sauron~:

Do that, please!!!
Ma jaw dropped when i heard it.
Just when i thunk "Underground" was the best thing spewed in the last decade, this dropped on me lap.

Can u blame these rappers?
If it was battling, they have one minute to spew their lyrics so their chances of repeating old lines are minimal.
On radio, they go as far as spewing 5 mins non-stop. Even Shakespeare would choke on that.
How easy do you think it is??

I'm watching it now . . . and my initial fears have just been confirmed.

Really, when talkin' 'Freestyle', what immediate words come to your mind - "spontaneous", "improvised", "off-the-top-of-the-head" . . . etc.

Now, I agree that's pretty difficult . . . but believe me, the rules are a bit relaxed - more than when you're doing previously-written lyrics . . . this is mostly the time you're allowed to rhyme words that shouldn't rhyme (improvisation) . . .

I know it when a cat is freestyling, according to the foregoing . . . not when he's spittin' a previously-written verse . . . to a beat he just heard for the first time . . . now that's where peops get it mixed up . . . any good rapper can 'freestyle' a pre-written verse to a beat he's hearing for the very first time . . . it ain't as difficult as peops think it is . . . there's sumn called metronome in music - has to do with counts/measure/tempo for music performance . . . you can compose a rap verse without a beat and adapt it to any beat at all - even juju, fuji . . . and akpala - you pen rap lyrics, you oughtta know that.

Back to 'Em . . . I'm enjoying his 'show' . . . but I'm willing to bet it ain't a F-R-E-E-S-T-Y-L-E . . .

Yes, I can hear him mentioning "Westwood" (the name of the radio where he's performing, innit?) . . . he can go on and mention some thangs around him . . . that ain't freestyle . . .

Why??any rapper could have pre-written sumn like this:

So you guys could just lie to get me here?
So you can, sit me here next to Britney Spears?

Later, he gets on a show on BET with Jamal, Zephyr, and Nishan and spits:

Hey Jamal you just lied to get me in
So you can, sit me here next to your Nishan

Geddit??

Now, a lotta folks have argued bout whether freestyle oughtta be pre-written or on-the-spot . . . there's been a lot of Old School Vs New School debates . . . I ain't deciding on that . . . all I'm saying is - Freestyle, as you're referring to it right now, is not what I'm watching Eminem do right now . . . it sounds dope, but it was pre-written.

And those are just my immediate thoughts, I'll be back with more.

Your conclusion was. . . . .Eminem can never be as dope as he was between 97 and 99.

No, that wasn't my conclusion . . . it's a data collection kinda thing - his best freestyles as a whole, were in his pre-Dre era, when he was coming up and very hungry . . . he revives that hungry spirit once in a while - else I won't like "Underground".

I would like to see this top 10(leave out Pac and Big).

Aiight . . . very soon.

My problem with Nas is. . . . . .He hasn't wowed me in the last 6 years.

You just got tired of him . . . I used to like Snoop Dogg a lot . . . then I got tired of him . . . that doesn't make him wack . . . Nas still wows me . . . plus he's got some stuff that'll never die . . . how many MCs have that??
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Sauron1: 9:27pm On Jun 10, 2009
Bamsyle:

Back to 'Em . . . I'm enjoying his 'show' . . . but I'm willing to bet it ain't a F-R-E-E-S-T-Y-L-E . . .

Yes, I can hear him mentioning "Westwood" (the name of the radio where he's performing, innit?) . . . he can go on and mention some thangs around him . . . that ain't freestyle . . .

Bamsyle. . . . . .That was FREESTYLE.
It's not hard to tell when someone is freestyling. . . . .Just look at his eyes.
There's this level of concentration as he fixes his stare and his eyebrows crowd together.
If it was a pre-written verse, the face relaxes and you would know.

Why??any rapper could have pre-written sumn like this:

So you guys could just lie to get me here?
So you can, sit me here next to Britney Spears?

Later, he gets on a show on BET with Jamal, Zephyr, and Nishan and spit:

Hey Jamal you just lied to get me in
So you can, sit me here next to your Nishan

Geddit??

I understand what you are saying but i would like to believe Eminem is capable.
His freestyle aerobics are always on point.
There was this Stretch Armstrong video i posted a while back when Stretch was dropping the words and Eminem was freestyling to it.

Now, a lotta folks have argued bout whether freestyle oughtta be pre-written or on-the-spot . . . there's been a lot of Old School Vs New School debates . . . I ain't deciding on that . . . all I'm saying is - Freestyle, as you're referring to it right now, is not what I'm watching Eminem do right now . . . it sounds dope, but it was pre-written.

I bet if that was Nas, your tune would be different.
Bam Bam!!! grin grin grin grin grin

You just got tired of him . . . I used to like Snoop Dogg a lot . . . then I got tired of him . . . that doesn't make him wack . . . Nas still wows me . . . plus he's got some stuff that'll never die . . . how many MCs have that??

U have a point there. I think i got tired of him.
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Wordsmith(m): 9:35pm On Jun 10, 2009
@ Sharon,

i'm not usually one that brags. but then. . . . drop it anytime, anyday i'd still own you like i did on that battle cheesy

set up the thread, if that's what is killing you inside. i'd reply.
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Sauron1: 9:38pm On Jun 10, 2009
Wordsmith:

@ Sharon,
i'm not usually one that brags. but then. . . . drop it anytime, anyday i'd still own you like i did on that battle cheesy
set up the thread, if that's what is killing you inside. i'd reply.

'Smith, you are insignificant.
I have battled better netcees on Nairaland since you had the judges in your pocket.
You are too lyrically shallow to cope in a battle.
Go and stick to your Ofokasibes and Hybrids. . . . .If you feel insulted, u set up a thread.
I don't set up threads.
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Bamsyle(m): 9:40pm On Jun 10, 2009
~Sauron~:

Bamsyle. . . . . .That was FREESTYLE.
It's not hard to tell when someone is freestyling. . . . .Just look at his eyes.
There's this level of concentration as he fixes his stare and his eyebrows crowd together.
If it was a pre-written verse, the face relaxes and you would know.

Sauron!!! I can't believe you just said that . . . Eminem can twitch his eyes all he can - he's got average enough intelligence to try and make his viewers believe he's struggling to cook 'em words up . . . how can he relax so much to the extent that every illiterate Zulu, Afrikaan, and even Malawi dude watching him would be able to tell easily that he ain't freestyling??  grin grin grin

I understand what you are saying but i would like to believe Eminem is capable.
His freestyle aerobics are always on point.
There was this Stretch Armstrong video i posted a while back when Stretch was dropping the words and Eminem was freestyling to it.

Eminem's style, ordinarily, sounds like someone having a freefall . . . like a car skidding off the road, and ending up at the precipice of a mountain . . . having a landslide . . . it's easy to believe he's freestyling when he's rapping ordinarily . . . you're still not gettin' me - if you mean freestyle in the sense of rhyming a pre-written verse to a beat played on the spot, then Em was freestyling . . . if you mean a non-previously composed verse, he ain't!!

I bet if that was Nas, your tune would be different.
Bam Bam!!! grin grin grin grin grin

Well . . . I can only laugh to that . . .  grin grin

U have a point there. I think i got tired of him.

Period . . . I'm cool with that  wink

Wordsmith, wuddup?? (it's gettin' interesting, innit?)
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Sauron1: 9:49pm On Jun 10, 2009
Bamsyle:

Sauron!!! I can't believe you just said that . . . Eminem can twitch his eyes all he can - he's got average enough intelligence to try and make his viewers believe he's struggling to cook 'em words up . . . how can he relax so much to the extent that every illiterate Zulu, Afrikaan, and even Malawi dude watching him would be able to tell easily that he ain't freestyling??  grin grin grin

Did you hear the yellow, hello, jello rhymes?
Come on, that was FREESTYLING.

Eminem's style, ordinarily, sounds like someone having a freefall . . . like a car skidding off the road, and ending up at the precipice of a mountain . . . having a landslide . . . it's easy to believe he's freestyling when he's rapping ordinarily . . . you're still not gettin' me - if you mean freestyle in the sense of rhyming a pre-written verse to a beat played on the spot, then Em was freestyling . . . if you mean a non-previously composed verse, he ain't!!

Those stuffs were not pre-written(i can bet on it). grin grin grin grin
Look at his hands, see his grip on the mic and his eyes. . . . . .Maximum concentration.
Any little distraction and he chokes. grin grin grin He was spitting those verses off his head.
I am extracting the lyrics now, you would see how a bit disjointed the lyrics are.

Well . . . I can only laugh to that . . .  grin grin

Keep laughing and i am still waiting for the freestylez from Nasir/S. Carter.
Lest i forget, where is your top 10 list!!!!
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Bamsyle(m): 9:53pm On Jun 10, 2009
~Sauron~:

Did you hear the yellow, hello, jello rhymes?
Come on, that was FREESTYLING.

Those stuffs were not pre-written(i can bet on it). grin grin grin grin
Look at his hands, see his grip on the mic and his eyes. . . . . .Maximum concentration.
Any little distraction and he chokes. grin grin grin He was spitting those verses off his head.
I am extracting the lyrics now, you would see how a bit disjointed the lyrics are.

Keep laughing and i am still waiting for the freestylez from Nasir/S. Carter.
Lest i forget, where is your top 10 list!!!!

Question of the Day:

Why did Eminem explain, at the end of his 'Freestyle Session', that he composed the rap hook with his twinny on their way to the studio

Tut tut . . . grin grin grin

Ma Top 10 List would come up shortly . . . I won't keep you waiting in vain.
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Sauron1: 9:57pm On Jun 10, 2009
Bamsyle:

Question of the Day:
Why did Eminem explain, at the end of his 'Freestyle Session', that he composed the rap hook with his twinny on their way to the studio
Tut tut . . . grin grin grin

He was talking about the hook.
U woulda known that was a pre-written hook. . . . .Em and Kon Artis were both rapping in sync to it.

Ma Top 10 List would come up shortly . . . I won't keep you waiting in vain.

Take your time.
Why do i have a feening i will find Lil' Wayne and Flo Rida on this list? grin grin
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by obinna5000(m): 9:58pm On Jun 10, 2009
Christ Almighty. . . . . .This is the first time i am hearing Eminem ain't the best freestylist.

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwyOfqbP8JU&hl=en&fs=1&" [/flash]

Eminem is tooooo bad!! I give him 5 mics 4 d flow.  cool  cool  cool  cool  cool
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jun 10, 2009
~Sauron~:

He was talking about the hook.
U woulda known that was a pre-written hook. . . . .Em and Kon Artis were both rapping in sync to it.

Take your time.
Why do i have a feening i will find Lil' Wayne and Flo Rida on this list? grin grin
Caught me off guard, can't breathe now grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Sauron1: 10:48pm On Jun 10, 2009
ibkaye:

Caught me off guard, can't breathe now grin cheesy grin cheesy

Ibkaye, whatz up with cha?
U didn't go to Wembley tonight?
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jun 10, 2009
Hey, I'm fine thanks, you? smiley
Wembley? What's happening at wembley? cheesy
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Sauron1: 11:11pm On Jun 10, 2009
ibkaye:

Hey, I'm fine thanks, you? smiley
Wembley? What's happening at wembley? cheesy

Football game. . . . .England V Andorra. grin
A lotta peops strolled there as the tube ain't working.
I was wondering you would be there.
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jun 10, 2009
Strolled ke, haba cheesy
Nope, did not plan to go smiley
You nko? Why aren't you there? grin
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Sauron1: 11:20pm On Jun 10, 2009
ibkaye:

Strolled ke, haba cheesy
Nope, did not plan to go smiley
You nko? Why aren't you there? grin

Writing exams and that would be a long stroll for me.
I don't want the boys in your hood to stick me for me papers. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jun 10, 2009
~Sauron~:

Writing exams and that would be a long stroll for me.
I don't want the boys in your hood to stick me for me papers. tongue tongue tongue
Good guy wink grin
God bless with your exams by the way.
Remember to use black pen tongue
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by A40(m): 11:25pm On Jun 10, 2009
@Bamsyle
KRS-One and Common are about the most matured and probably the most gentlemanly rappers around i can swear they would have said something nice about Eedris if they ever heard him.How many rappers have quoted a Canibus hook,beat or even rap metaphors in any of their songs? Now thats what i call respect!

As for the freestyle i dunno what the ruckus is when cats like Hov drop classic albums in one session and rap without pen or pad

@Sauron
If you know you don't want to be struck with warapa (epilepsy) tonight please quote where i said Jigga never bit anyone.All rappers have stolen stuff at one time or the other.I even posted cats he borrowed lyrics from so what cheap fluid have you been drinking?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8)

VIDEO: Yemi Alade - Oga / Asa 2020 Mixtape (for You To Download) / RMG's Ayo Shonaiya Official Statement On Mode 9 Vs Muna

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.