Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,562 members, 7,944,687 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 09:58 PM

Nnamdi Kanu Then vs Now: Why I Think The Term 'Biafra' Is Apt - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu Then vs Now: Why I Think The Term 'Biafra' Is Apt (6407 Views)

Breaking :new Pictures Of Nnamdi Kanu Then And Now. Ipob / Before Vs Now: El-rufai On Restructuring Of Nigeria / Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Then vs Now: Why I Think The Term 'Biafra' Is Apt by omoelesa(m): 7:54pm On Dec 08, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:
Mynd44 please close this useless thread.

Why must they close this thread,was it because they expose your supreme leader, emperior nnamadi kanu.this thread deserve front page.

16 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Then vs Now: Why I Think The Term 'Biafra' Is Apt by bodeloja: 7:55pm On Dec 08, 2015
asEdeyHOT:

Like Nnamdi Kanu who was OK with one Nigeria in 2014 but started calling it the ZOO after Jonathan lost the election?

Biafra is is really apt!

Dude it appears u care more about me than i do u. It is like the igbo yoruba relationship, where Igbos are chasing better life, yorubas are having tribal fantasy.

Dude hate to break it to you, but we are both black africans colonised and lumped together by Europeans at the Berlin conference in the 17th Century.

I owe you nothing.

6 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Then vs Now: Why I Think The Term 'Biafra' Is Apt by asEdeyHOT: 7:57pm On Dec 08, 2015
bodeloja:

Dude it appears u care more about me than i do u. It is like the igbo yoruba relationship, where Igbos are chasing better life, yorubas are having tribal fantasy.

Dude hate to break it to you, but we are both black africans colonised and lumped together by Europeans at the Berlin conference in the 17th Century.

I owe you nothing.

Sorry am not a fantasist or a conspiracy theorist

Goodluck with your Biafra

15 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Then vs Now: Why I Think The Term 'Biafra' Is Apt by DoTheNeedful: 8:00pm On Dec 08, 2015
DoTheNeedful:
I watched the video of Nnamdi Kanu canvassing support for the unity and peace of Nigeria on twitter today and i was surprised. He is worse than Ralph Nwazurike. He is a fraud and hypocrite. His movement his purely political and a PDP project.
I initial thought that he is pursuing the Biafran dream purely on ideological ground but he is not. At best,he is working for some top Igbo politicians like Anyim,Rochas,Ekweremadu and so on to actualize Igbo presidency just as OPC and ND militants did for Yoruba presidency in 1999 and Jonathan in 2011 respectively

Click on this link to watch Nnamdi Kanu live. He is a politician
https://twitter.com/aminugamawa/status/673970412867493888?t=1&cn=ZmxleGlibGVfcmVjcw%3D%3D&sig=655cf0c1421009500ccf1121153c3390236666db&al=1&refsrc=email&iid=586e77ded159498c96f9652fd74eb8f5&autoactions=1449586054&uid=356850109&nid=244+590

lalasticlala ishilove Seun frontpage please

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Then vs Now: Why I Think The Term 'Biafra' Is Apt by GregJo: 8:06pm On Dec 08, 2015
*sigh*
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Then vs Now: Why I Think The Term 'Biafra' Is Apt by patrick89(m): 8:12pm On Dec 08, 2015
now I know that some black people are cursed from foetus! He was for one nigeria until he discovered that it won't work any longer! he has expressed his fear for nigeria on bokoharam activities several times, infact let me enlighten you, there is a new group that is coming up from North west and nobody is talking about, it's gathering massive followership, they are planning exactly what is happening in Syria is going to be a child play when they are unleashed, bokoharam is just a ragtag misguided Buhari's brothers! To cap it all buhari is a member of sunn muslim..
NB... Nnamdi kanu advised people to boycott 2014 election, he called jonathan names, like imbecilic and a cowards, so when you see people trying to bring jonathan's defeat to the renewed clamour for biafra, just ignore them, for they don't know what they're saying!!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Then vs Now: Why I Think The Term 'Biafra' Is Apt by Brooklynsouth(f): 8:17pm On Dec 08, 2015
Sheikwonder:
Ishilove has set the honey down...let the ants begin to attack...

Meanwhile,my own take on the matter is quite simple...

Do the Igbos have a right to seek secession? Perhaps.

But...

Even though I'm Igbo,I know that this will not work.
You see,I'm what the Igbos call 'Delta Igbo'.
They say we are not 'Real' Igbo. So we keep quiet while we are marginalized even among our own people.

So imagine the irony when these so called IPOB come to us and ask us to join in the struggle... What struggle,pray tell? So that after you have acheived your selfish aim,you would then marginalize us again?

Once bitten is twice shy... I shall recline to the quiet from whence I came,while I laugh in Delta Igbo.....
my dear delta igbo nobody is marginalising you are doing it to yourself pls bro remind of the greatest soldier still living GENERAL ACHUZIE he's from delta state as he stands now he commands more respect in igboland than the Obi of onitsha so tell me are you more delta igbo than him yoruba man answer me

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Then vs Now: Why I Think The Term 'Biafra' Is Apt by pazienza(m): 8:19pm On Dec 08, 2015
Yorubas carry Biafra case for head like gala.

And what if Kanu was once a one Nigerian apologist? Was Saul not once an anti Christianity and later became a fanatic Christian?

Did awo not turn from saying that Nigeria was a mere geographical expression to hatching starvation plans as a weapon of warfare to preserve Nigeria unity, in other words, he became a fanatic one Nigerianist.

If Kanu was once a one Nigerian apologist, that even makes him more acceptable, as there are more joy in Igboland over any lost one Nigerian Igbo man that gets his head back and become not only a Biafran Apologist, but a fanatic Biafran like Kanu turned out to be.

What better person to convince Ndiigbo that Biafra is the future than a once one Nigerian apologist Biafran who obviously have seen how foolish it is for an Igbo man to be a one Nigerian apologist.

Why exactly are Yorubas scared of Nigeria imminent and inevitable disintegration?

13 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Then vs Now: Why I Think The Term 'Biafra' Is Apt by patrick89(m): 8:31pm On Dec 08, 2015
The shameful thing about them is this, the simple question is, why are they bringing up this kind of thing? the answer is simple, to dissuade you from clamouring for biafra, that alone is enough motivating factor!!

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Then vs Now: Why I Think The Term 'Biafra' Is Apt by Musiwa419: 8:33pm On Dec 08, 2015
pazienza:
Yorubas carry Biafra case for head like gala.

And what if Kanu was once a one Nigerian apologist? Was Saul not once an anti Christianity and later became a fanatic Christian?

Did awo not turn from saying that Nigeria was a mere geographical expression to hatching starvation plans as a weapon of warfare to preserve Nigeria unity, in other words, he became a fanatic one Nigerianist.

If Kanu was once a one Nigerian apologist, that even makes him more acceptable, as there are more joy in Igboland over any lost one Nigerian Igbo man that gets his head back and become not only a Biafran Apologist, but a fanatic Biafran like Kanu turned out to be.

What better person to convince Ndiigbo that Biafra is the future than a once one Nigerian apologist Biafran who obviously have seen how foolish it is for an Igbo man to be a one Nigerian apologist.

Why exactly are Yorubas scared of Nigeria imminent and inevitable disintegration?
I beg you in the name of chukwu okike abiama, urge your governors to deport all the yorubas in iboland, the yorubas would also deport all the ibos in yorubaland. Lets see who would first bat an eyelid

8 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Then vs Now: Why I Think The Term 'Biafra' Is Apt by Musiwa419: 8:36pm On Dec 08, 2015
patrick89:
The shameful thing about them is this, the simple question is, why are they bringing up this kind of thing? the answer is simple, to dissuade you from clamouring for biafra, that alone is enough motivating factor!!
Patrick.christmas is just few days away. Please when your ibo brothers and sisters come back to biafra for the christmas holiday, enjoin them not to come back to yorubaland, let them just stay put there in biafra

5 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Then vs Now: Why I Think The Term 'Biafra' Is Apt by MizMyColi(f): 8:44pm On Dec 08, 2015
‎Too many hidden posts, why?

I read comments earlier that deserve to be left as is.

Is someone being too eager to please someone/a set of folks?

Meanwhile, I read the transcript of the 2012 video.

If you call Biafra, Biafra because Nnamdi Kanu called for arms and munition as he did in that world Igbo Congress video, then I just might be on the same page with you, but for the reasons given in that OP? Naaa.

I used a software to extract the texts from the screenshot posted and here's what I think the following statements imply.

‎"My name is Nnamdi Kanu and the reason why we are here today, is to protest the killing of innocent women and children and men for that matter all over NIGERIA especially in the Northern Part of Nigeria‘ ‘We are not happy, we are not pleased with what is happening and that is why we are here today, as you can see there are a lot of Nigerians who are protesting about the killing of families"‎

Except Jack Obinyan, the facebook poster is high on cheap Osogbo weed, I'd like to know how calling for the head of terrorists and PRESSURING the Nigerian government to do something amounts to being a GEJ supporter.‎

‎"People who are determined to tear the COUNTRY apart violently and it is not something that we support. it is not something that we will like to see continue‘

Now, THIS, is where I have my issues with NK's MO.
If violence was something to be abhored then, why adopt it now by requesting for guns?‎ (at the WIC for example).

Perhaps, is it because he feels that peaceful protests and dialogue does not cut it with the Nigerian government, and that his people are being slaughtered daily and as such, they need the arms to protect themselves...and probably go to war, if need be? - maybe?

Could it be that there was a serious paradigm shift in his beliefs between 2012 and Now (3 years down the line) hence the change in parlance from "NIGERIA to ZOO"?‎

Isn't this radicalisation? Is there more to this than meets the eye?

As a pacifist, I believe that while war may seem like an option to many, it is not the only way, ‎it is certainly not the best approach.

‎“we are here today to send a clear message to the NIGERIAN Government through the high commissioner that what is happening in the COUNTRY is unacceptable"  ‘We cannot accept it. [size=14pt]if that continues, it will lead to the violent disintegration of the country‘[/size]  ‘We are asking for peace, we are asking for people to get together, we are asking for everybody who loves NIGERIA and asociated with that COUNTRY to please prevail upon terrorism in Nigeria‘ ~Nnamdi Kanu

Please look at the 1st emboldened ‎again, that is not the way a person addresses a government they supposedly support. There were subtle threats contained therein. The text I ensizened is a testifier to the fact that NK and his crew have always had the IPOB vision in mind. However, they decided to tow the path of civility first...more like sounding a note of warning. 

I guess he disowned Nigeria when he saw that there was no way the Igbos would be favoured under such arrangement.

Things are getting really heated up under Buhari because, there is this general feeling of discord Most Igbos have about Buhari. I don't think it would have been this bad if another northener had contested. There's this feeling that things would grow from bad to worse under his regime for the Igbos (the feelers are there already, ask Ibeto group). I wouldn't know exactly what led to it, but from what I observed in the last elections Igbos generally‎ would rather have a "failed" Jonathan than a "glorified" Buhari. It was more like choosing between the devil and the deep sea. (My personal observation please).

From the submissions above, I think it's in order to quip that the protest which Nnamdi Kanu (NK for the purpose of this submission) headed at the time had little or nothing to do with being a GEJ supporter.

1. Does speaking against acts of terrorism against your people make you a supporter of a particular government?

2. This thread lends further credence to Nnamdi Kanu's cause (If actually sincere in purpose) because it is etched in history that he gave the Nigerian State a chance.

3. He mentioned "disintegration" in his speech,‎ it shows that even at the time of Jonathan, he was nursing the IPOB dream, but was willing to exhaust options first, before going radical....we can attest to how easterners and southerners, even Northerners have suffered in the hands of BH.

The contents of this thread and it's caption doesn't quite fit.
If anyone wishes to call Biafra, Biafra...by all means, please do. It's largely your prerogative. 

But for the pictorial reasons given in the OP?‎
They are watery.‎

More succinctly put, the word "Baseless" captures it best.

Thank You.‎

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Then vs Now: Why I Think The Term 'Biafra' Is Apt by zimoni(f): 8:54pm On Dec 08, 2015
Gradually, it has become Igbo vs Yoruba again. They should address the topic and stop bashing Yoruba's.

Abi dem dey see Yoruba for dream ni? A Biafran even have "yoruba will die early" as his/her signature. Some people are going to develop hbp because of Yoruba.

Anyway, God knows we never wanted to have anything to do with some people. We never asked for One Nigeria. We were not the ones who abolished Regionalism and took power to the centre. We didn't cause unCivil war. We were on our own until they started bombing Lagos and later attacked Ore. War had not begun and they had already started attacking Lagos. Is Lagos located in North?

We wanted to go our separate way but they insisted on One Nigeria. They got One Nigeria and later asked for Divorce of Forced-Marriage six years after the Unholy Matrimony.

Stop bashing us, e don do. Direct your anger towards British Government and Zik of Onisa who insisted on One Nigeria. We never wanted to have anything to do with you but you Asked for One Nigeria and got One Nigeria. So, go to UN and seek for self determination, that is the only solution because Zik of Onisa insisted clause for dissolution of Forced-Marriage should not be included in the documentation of the Forced-Marriage(Nnamdi Kanu even said it on Radio Biafra some months ago). So, it's illegal now to ask for dissolution of the Unholy Alliance but UN can always intervene if you seek for self determination. Go to the UN and do the needful. Stop hating us. Stop bashing us. We are not responsible for your woes(One Nigeria). Thank you.

Lobatan, I don tire for tribalism wanene.

6 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Then vs Now: Why I Think The Term 'Biafra' Is Apt by chrisblack: 8:58pm On Dec 08, 2015
MrPresident1:
When you remove social and political participation from a people, you are practically enslaving them and creating legitimate grounds for secessionist agitations.
are you saying it was wrong for people to vote buhari .so voting Jonathan means inclusion while voting buhari means exclusion.what I guess from all this is simply .KANU was making money with Jonathan in power.since he his gone he his only looking for an avenue to be relevant.I bet he partook of the over $22mil spent for electioneering alone in the UK by PDP.why is it that all IPOB members are PDP.I need to know.cause all IPOB I have come across.in this last election voted PDP.and many are pdp card carrying member.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Then vs Now: Why I Think The Term 'Biafra' Is Apt by bigfrancis21: 8:59pm On Dec 08, 2015
Sheikwonder:

But...

They say we are not 'Real' Igbo. So we keep quiet while we are marginalized even among our own people.

So imagine the irony when these so called IPOB come to us and ask us to join in the struggle... What struggle,pray tell? So that after you have acheived your selfish aim,you would then marginalize us again?

Once bitten is twice shy... I shall recline to the quiet from whence I came,while I laugh in Delta Igbo.....

The issue is elements from the Delta Igbo area started the Igbo denial. When Igbos say you're Igbos, you shout 'land grabbing' or domination but when Igbos follow suit and call you guys fake Igbos as you want it to be, you turn around to still blame the Igbos for the game you guys started. It is just so easy to blame the Igbos for any issue in Nigeria. Igbos are the scape goats, the people to turn one's frustration and anger onto. You don't see an Igbo refer to one from SE as 'fake Igbo', not even the Nsukkas that their Igbo is non-coherent to other Igbo speakers. Why? Because NO ONE from the SE denies being Igbo.

Moreover the loyalty of some Delta and Riverine Igbos is not assured. Today, they assume an Igbo identity, tomorrow they turn around to deny being Igbo with contempt.

If you want to be regarded as just Igbo, you first have to stop all that denial or tags you guys give yourselves. Igbo is Igbo. There's nothing like 'delta igbo' or 'Anioma igbo' as if that makes the Western Igbos any special.

7 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Then vs Now: Why I Think The Term 'Biafra' Is Apt by Nobody: 9:16pm On Dec 08, 2015
zimoni:
Gradually, it has become Igbo vs Yoruba again. They should address the topic and stop bashing Yoruba's.

Abi dem dey see Yoruba for dream ni? A Biafran even have "yoruba will die early" as his/her signature. Some people are going to develop hbp because of Yoruba.

Anyway, God knows we never wanted to have anything to do with some people. We never asked for One Nigeria. We were not the ones who abolished Regionalism and took power to the centre. We didn't cause unCivil war. We were on our own until they started bombing Lagos and later attacked Ore. War had not begun and they had already started attacking Lagos. Is Lagos located in North?

We wanted to go our separate way but they insisted on One Nigeria. They got One Nigeria and later asked for Divorce of Forced-Marriage six years after the Unholy Matrimony.

Stop bashing us, e don do. Direct your anger towards British Government and Zik of Onisa who insisted on One Nigeria. We never wanted to have anything to do with you but you Asked for One Nigeria and got One Nigeria. So, go to UN and seek for self determination, that is the only solution because Zik of Onisa insisted clause for dissolution of Forced-Marriage should not be included in the documentation of the Forced-Marriage(Nnamdi Kanu even said it on Radio Biafra some months ago). So, it's illegal now to ask for dissolution of the Unholy Alliance but UN can always intervene if you seek for self determination. Go to the UN and do the needful. Stop hating us. Stop bashing us. We are not responsible for your woes(One Nigeria). Thank you.

Lobatan, I don tire for tribalism wanene.

Frustrated disciple of anger, slavery, hate and propaganda, as you rest for the night meditate on this piece by one of your sane folks:

wecan:
Raw truth from elderly Yoruba man
[size=18pt]JUST BEFORE THE DAWN; LET BIAFRA GO, LET BIAFRA BE.
By Okesola Ajibola Olayemi
[/size]

The United Kingdom (Britain) consisted of 5 kingdoms in the begining but today, the Welch, the Scotish, the Wales have gone their own ways and independently there are, ditto the old USSR. You dont impose it on people to live as one if they so decided to go, its a marriage of force by Lord Lugard when he (he wont rest in peace) amalgated us as a Nation.
[size=14pt]
I repeat here the Igbos have suffered in this country, let them be. The Yorubas must support the Igbos clarion calls of freedom and self independent for one good reason. The Northern oligacy jailed our revered father and the Asiwaju of the Yorubas by the power that be then. Gen Ironsi was the head of state, late Chief Odumegwu Ojukwu (a war lock and my hero) gave Ironsi so many troubles to release Awo, Gen Gowon then the 2nd in command from the Northern part of this country will not hear a thing of this. Gen Ironsi courtesy of Dim Odumegwu Ojukwu persisted Awo must be released.

Gen Ironsi signed Awolowo released papers and he Gen Ironsi was murdered same day before the papers could reached the then Eastern Governor Odumegwu Ojukwu. He Ojukwu unilataterially release Awolowo and ordered the Eastern Region senior police officers to deliver Awo...the avater to his Ikenne home save and sound. ( Pls see this in Fredrick Froster book entitled 'Emeka' at page 62) For this singular act, i belong to Biafra. My age mates and i were educated free of any charges by the late sage free.

Let the Biafra be and stop shedding their bloods for God sake. The Oracle at West End, Ijebu Igbo, Ogun State, South West Nigeria have spoken.[/size]
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Then vs Now: Why I Think The Term 'Biafra' Is Apt by Saheed9: 9:30pm On Dec 08, 2015
Ibo boy very smart guys
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Then vs Now: Why I Think The Term 'Biafra' Is Apt by kernel504(m): 9:38pm On Dec 08, 2015
Sheikwonder:

But...

THE PROTEST HAS BEEN ON WITHOUT YOU, YOU DON'T NEED TO JOIN. IT DOESN'T CHANGE THE FACT, THAT I WILL ALWAYS SEE YOU AS MY BROTHER/SISTER.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Then vs Now: Why I Think The Term 'Biafra' Is Apt by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 9:38pm On Dec 08, 2015
grin grin grin

Kwa Kwa Kwa!!!! I don laf tire.

Below...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Then vs Now: Why I Think The Term 'Biafra' Is Apt by kernel504(m): 9:38pm On Dec 08, 2015
Sheikwonder:

But...

THE PROTEST HAS BEEN ON WITHOUT YOU, YOU DON'T NEED TO JOIN. IT DOESN'T CHANGE THE FACT, THAT I WILL ALWAYS SEE YOU AS MY BROTHER/SISTER.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Then vs Now: Why I Think The Term 'Biafra' Is Apt by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 9:41pm On Dec 08, 2015
Too many hidden posts, why
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Then vs Now: Why I Think The Term 'Biafra' Is Apt by kernel504(m): 9:42pm On Dec 08, 2015
DoTheNeedful:
I watched the video of Nnamdi Kanu canvassing support for the unity and peace of Nigeria on twitter today and i was surprised. He is worse than Ralph Nwazurike. He is a fraud and hypocrite. His movement his purely political and a PDP project.
I initial thought that he is pursuing the Biafran dream purely on ideological ground but he is not. At best,he is working for some top Igbo politicians like Anyim,Rochas,Ekweremadu and so on to actualize Igbo presidency just as OPC and ND militants did for Yoruba presidency in 1999 and Jonathan in 2011 respectively

Click on this link to watch Nnamdi Kanu live. He is a politician
https://twitter.com/aminugamawa/status/673970412867493888?t=1&cn=ZmxleGlibGVfcmVjcw%3D%3D&sig=655cf0c1421009500ccf1121153c3390236666db&al=1&refsrc=email&iid=586e77ded159498c96f9652fd74eb8f5&autoactions=1449586054&uid=356850109&nid=244+590

lalasticlala ishilove Seun frontpage please

GIVING NIGERIA A CHANCE, IS IT NOW A CRIME? SINCE NIGERIA WOULDN'T CHANGE, HE LEFT THEM BEHIND.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Then vs Now: Why I Think The Term 'Biafra' Is Apt by Nobody: 9:45pm On Dec 08, 2015
@ ishilove, I've been following your post about Biafra and I think its high time you hush your mouth since you are seeing things from a sentimental angle.
Biafra is not Biafra and I take exception to the mockery you make of a nation that your kinsmen and relatives were part of the casualties of it.

@topic. NNAMDI KANU didn't do wrong protesting against the killings of people by BH. He was fighting for the oppressed which he is still doing today. As long as there is * change* then we as humans can adapt to changing situations.there was a time this same Yoruba leaders in APC threatened secession during abacha regime cos of the way.they were being treated.( apologies to the tribal lords) we all can change with times.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

700 Megawatts To Be Added To National Grid – FG / Did Us Embassy In Nigeria Actually Tweet These Words In 2018??? / Fuel Scarcity: We Will Restore Normalcy In Abuja, Others In 3 Days – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.