Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,113 members, 7,931,786 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 12:28 PM

Buhari: Arms Deal Scam A Breach Of Trust - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: Arms Deal Scam A Breach Of Trust (930 Views)

House Of Reps To Probe Buhari’s Arms panel / Alleged $2.1bn Arms Deal Scam: Why Goodluck Jonathan's Silence Is Still Golden / Buhari’s Arms Deal Probe: 13 Army Generals Admit Loots, To Return N1trillion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: Arms Deal Scam A Breach Of Trust by Titilayodeji13(m): 1:19am On Dec 10, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari last night
described the misapplication of the arms
purchase cash as “an abuse of trust.”
He spoke at a dinner for the members of
the House of Representatives at the old
Banquet Hall of the State House in Abuja.
Former National Security Adviser (NSA)
Sambo Dasuki, along with other
individuals, are on trial for alleged
diversion of arms purchase cash.
The President expressed disappointment
that the necessary equipment and other
logistics, which the money was meant
for, were not supplied, thereby working
against defeating Boko Haram.
“Unfortunately for us as a people, we
uncovered that billions of Naira and
hundreds of millions of dollars were
expended by the previous government to
acquire good equipment and ammunition
so that the military can use, but
unfortunately, there was abuse of trust at
various levels that cost Nigeria a lot of
lives and goodwill.
“We cannot keep quiet about it and facts
are coming out gradually. It is very
unfortunate. It is a known fact that
Nigeria earned its respect from Burma to
Zaire to Liberia to Sierra Leone. But it
reached a stage where the Nigerian
military could not secure 14 local
governments out of the 774 local
governments.
“As I have always said, how has the
mighty fallen? We are doing our best and
I hope our best will be good enough,”
Buhari said.
He sought the support and understanding
of members of the House of
Representatives to secure the nation,
noting that the obvious problem facing
the nation is the Boko Haram issue.
He described Nigeria as the main
battleground of the Boko Haram
terrorism.
He added that his administration inherited
some good intentions o including the
plan for the Multi-national Joint Task
Force (MJTF) to tackle Boko Haram in
the region.
He urged the lawmakers to be very clear
about the objective of securing the nation
as they are all in government.
“I will like to seek your understanding and
support to secure the country.” He said
Speaker Yakubu Dogara pledged the
support of the lawmakers to the
President.
He said: “I believe if we don’t get it right
under you, those of us in this generation
should forget about getting it right.
“We believe we have to lay the foundation
that will deliver the lasting legacy to the
people.”
http://thenationonlineng.net/buhari-arms-deal-scam-a-breach-of-trust/

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Arms Deal Scam A Breach Of Trust by Titilayodeji13(m): 1:19am On Dec 10, 2015
K
Re: Buhari: Arms Deal Scam A Breach Of Trust by honeywealth75(m): 1:32am On Dec 10, 2015
K
Re: Buhari: Arms Deal Scam A Breach Of Trust by Gbengais(m): 4:22am On Dec 10, 2015
This Dogora guy be acting like he down for the team but playing two sides #nikkaaintloyal

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Arms Deal Scam A Breach Of Trust by utytill(m): 4:50am On Dec 10, 2015
Abuse of trust?what of denying campaign promises?
Re: Buhari: Arms Deal Scam A Breach Of Trust by Opinedecandid(m): 5:03am On Dec 10, 2015
President, Treasury Single Account one single transaction profit of billions of Naira

IS A MURDER OF CHANGE - Anonymous.
Re: Buhari: Arms Deal Scam A Breach Of Trust by arsetalks(m): 5:32am On Dec 10, 2015
Buhari my man. Haters can keep hating. This man gives me hope for a better Nigeria.

We cannot keep quiet about it and facts are coming out gradually. It is very unfortunate. It is a known fact that Nigeria earned its respect from Burma to Zaire to Liberia to Sierra Leone. But it reached a stage where the Nigerian military could not secure 14 local governments out of the 774 local governments.
“As I have always said, how has the mighty fallen? We are doing our best and I hope our best will be good enough,” Buhari said.
this quote alone is a big slap on GEJ aka le Shoeless.

He was careless with our security just as he was careless with his shoes.

The Nigeria military that is respected every where could now no longer protect it own territory because a careless man was in charge.

Good a thing we voted him out.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Arms Deal Scam A Breach Of Trust by Holluwatarhyor(m): 6:03am On Dec 10, 2015
God will see us through this sufferings in Nigeria,the way I dey hear thrillions in the last tenure made me changed my prayers from becoming a millionaire to a thrillionaire....
I don't know if I'm the only one feeling the hardship in this country,no salary in my company for the past 5month,my only savings is the chicken below and it's even on the run.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Arms Deal Scam A Breach Of Trust by CecyAdrian(f): 6:19am On Dec 10, 2015
Just. Gud
Re: Buhari: Arms Deal Scam A Breach Of Trust by Meriekriss: 6:34am On Dec 10, 2015
arsetalks:
Buhari my man. Haters can keep hating. This man gives me hope for a better Nigeria.

this quote alone is a big slap on GEJ aka le Shoeless.

He was careless with our security just as he was careless with his shoes.

The Nigeria military that is respected every where could now no longer protect it own territory because a careless man was in charge.

Good a thing we voted him out.

How does this quote and always reminding us that PDP stole solve the problem? When are we going to get over this blaming PDP and work.. It's not as if they are letting the thieves go free, they are investigating them with intention to try and jailed them. So why dance over a quote. Nigerians knew PDP had ruined Nigeria hence they voted them out. He doesn't need to keep reminding us. Instead of you to ask wt this govt is doing to fix PDP mess, you are dancing over a quote
Re: Buhari: Arms Deal Scam A Breach Of Trust by tomholly: 6:42am On Dec 10, 2015
ok
Re: Buhari: Arms Deal Scam A Breach Of Trust by disloman(m): 7:09am On Dec 10, 2015
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Buhari: Arms Deal Scam A Breach Of Trust by YoursGEJ(m): 7:35am On Dec 10, 2015
Any judge that will grant "perpetual stay of execution" against EFCC regarding these thieves that siphoned money eh, Amadioha and Sango will combine thunder to fire him or her

Soldiers and civilians died at the hands of Boko haram and their blood is on the hands of those PDP chieftains
Re: Buhari: Arms Deal Scam A Breach Of Trust by Emmalaw10(m): 8:18am On Dec 10, 2015
Today is my birthday. There is a tradition here. So let's see how it goes!

(1) (Reply)

My View On The Senate Social Media Bill - 9jaflaver / Is Sen. Remi Tinubu Yoruba Or Itsekhiri ? / Osinbajo,Saraki,Dogara,Oyegun Attend Christmas Praise Concert In Aso Rock (pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.