Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,810 members, 7,942,039 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 06:37 PM

Mid-nite Calls: How Important Is It - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Mid-nite Calls: How Important Is It (1695 Views)

When Nature Calls... How long have you held shit before ??? / How Important Is Money In A Relationship? / How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mid-nite Calls: How Important Is It by bikokwe(m): 4:39pm On Jun 02, 2009
wats ur opinion about free mid nite calls
Re: Mid-nite Calls: How Important Is It by tboy1(m): 4:41pm On Jun 02, 2009
lol
from ur topic i thought ur post was gonna b something else
Re: Mid-nite Calls: How Important Is It by bblacky(f): 4:45pm On Jun 02, 2009
less important; i abhore dat
Re: Mid-nite Calls: How Important Is It by biola44: 4:57pm On Jun 02, 2009
indifferent! grin
Re: Mid-nite Calls: How Important Is It by blackmann(m): 4:59pm On Jun 02, 2009
I luv my sleep, and except it is somethimg very, very important, i hate them.

And what is so romantic about this post?
Re: Mid-nite Calls: How Important Is It by IFELEKE(m): 5:04pm On Jun 02, 2009
Personally I believe it's for jobless people,only an emergency can make me do midnite call.
Re: Mid-nite Calls: How Important Is It by patwhizkid(f): 5:14pm On Jun 02, 2009
Itz 4 poor pple!
Re: Mid-nite Calls: How Important Is It by luxoire(f): 5:26pm On Jun 02, 2009
grin wink

ppl are generally more relaxed and have their guards down when in that mood - they are also usually more comfortable and somewhere they can chat freely (or lie freely if that is the case) it is the best time to simulate intimacy especially in a long distance r/ship

with the added benefit of cheaper calls - its no wonder some ppl do it.

i sleep with my phone on silent - so even if someone did call late - chances are i wouldnt hear - if i did though i only answer his calls, my mum's and my siblings - any other person can wait till day break tongue smiley
Re: Mid-nite Calls: How Important Is It by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jun 02, 2009
luxoire:

grin wink

ppl are generally more relaxed and have their guards down when in that mood - they are also usually more comfortable and somewhere they can chat freely (or lie freely if that is the case) it is the best time to simulate intimacy especially in a long distance r/ship

with the added benefit of cheaper calls - its no wonder some ppl do it.

i sleep with my phone on silent - so even if someone did call late - chances are i wouldnt hear - if i did though i only answer his calls, my mum's and my siblings - any other person can wait till day break tongue smiley

luxoire, you said you sleep with ur phone on silent, how is it that you can hear your mom's calls and can't hear the others. pls explain.
Re: Mid-nite Calls: How Important Is It by Vuitton(m): 8:05pm On Jun 02, 2009
Its most unimportant and i havent done it a long time. Used to when i had an NYSC chick but since then angry

Guess it gud for long distance relationships most and also for issues that need to be discussed at length. Otherwise its for cheap ass folks tongue
Re: Mid-nite Calls: How Important Is It by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jun 02, 2009
I don't do midnight calls, and don't respond to those that do.
Re: Mid-nite Calls: How Important Is It by StrStruck(f): 10:15pm On Jun 02, 2009
Free calls start at midnight?! Damn that sucks!
Re: Mid-nite Calls: How Important Is It by C2H5OH(f): 10:19pm On Jun 02, 2009
undecided undecided undecided undecided uhhhmmmm free midnight calls
Re: Mid-nite Calls: How Important Is It by tope5000: 10:20pm On Jun 02, 2009
St☆rStruck:

Free calls start at midnight?! Damn that sucks!

cheapskate cheesy tongue
Re: Mid-nite Calls: How Important Is It by Pepeye(f): 10:22pm On Jun 02, 2009
At a guess it’s for some cheapskates
Re: Mid-nite Calls: How Important Is It by StrStruck(f): 10:38pm On Jun 02, 2009
tope5000:

cheapskate cheesy tongue

Your man doesn't think so lol
Re: Mid-nite Calls: How Important Is It by Igwe9(m): 10:49pm On Jun 02, 2009
Everything has a reason, it's a welcome development . As for me, I hate it, therefore set my phone to ring at night for special numbers.
Re: Mid-nite Calls: How Important Is It by No2Atheism(m): 10:59pm On Jun 02, 2009
@Topic

It is good to have cheap midnight calls most especially if there needs to be constant 3 hours phone conversation between two lovers staying far apart from each other almost everynigth.

I don't mind using it, although the reality is that i most probably would not.

My phones are mostly on vibration hence it makes no difference sef, cus the probability is that i aint going to pick up, and moreover i have no one to call at midnight. Thanks but no thanks am single comfortable and okay as i am.

patwhizkid:

Itz 4 poor pple!

Please get off your high horse, using Cheap Midnight calls has nothing to do with personal wealth, that anybody chooses to use cheap midnight calls does not mean such a person is not more loaded than you are.

its all a matter of convenience and scheduling,

Moreover does it not sound outrageous for someone to refuse to call at midnight because the person feels he does not want to sound or look cheap.

People should please stop forming and get on with the realities of life.
Re: Mid-nite Calls: How Important Is It by Secretz(f): 11:06pm On Jun 02, 2009
It is not important AT ALL. . . . . . .  .

It is absolutely unnecesary for you to call me at midnight unless for emergencies or are you going for cult meetings? or maybe the person is a werewolf? Sleep is free tooooo and I prefer to receive it at midnight.  grin

I can get free calls at other times. . . . if that's not possible for my guy, then 'flash me' when mine is free or better get a new contract. grin

tongue
Re: Mid-nite Calls: How Important Is It by TOYOSI20(f): 11:09pm On Jun 02, 2009
It must really suck waiting for free calls. . .u have to wait till minight??. . . .seriously?? shocked shocked lipsrsealed embarassed undecided
Re: Mid-nite Calls: How Important Is It by Pepeye(f): 11:14pm On Jun 02, 2009
Generally I get peeved by mid nite calls
Where re the guilty ones
Re: Mid-nite Calls: How Important Is It by Enquirer: 11:30pm On Jun 02, 2009
it's ok once in a while but it shouldn't be overdone as it can lead to stress-related health problems due to disturbance to normal sleep cycles.
Re: Mid-nite Calls: How Important Is It by No2Atheism(m): 12:00am On Jun 03, 2009
TOYOSI20:

It must really suck waiting for free calls. . .u have to wait till minight??. . . .seriously?? shocked shocked lipsrsealed embarassed undecided

Toyosi abegi, no one is waiting for midnight calls, midnight calls is just something that one gets into without actually asking for it.

This is because it is my experience that two people that are really into each other can get to talk for almost 5 hours on the phone, such that assuming they start talking around 8pm when they both get home from either work or school. You would be suprised that before you know whats happening, the continue to talk till like 2am.
Which means that even though they dd not plan to use midnight call yet their length of talking and period of gisting means that they find themselves using the midnight call period indirectly.

Also from experience, calling someone constantly like everyday for like 3 - 6 hours, ultimately starts to eat into the account of the guy in questions, whether he's as rich as Bill Gates or not.

Hence experience tells me that its even mostly the lady who ends up suggesting that they should start calling around midnight, simply because the lady loves his guy so much that she does not want him to lose too much money on contract phone bills.

So all ya girls and ladies feigning "richie rich" cus of the midnight call issue are just being a little bit overboard with the criticism of the midnight calls.

@Toyosi are you trying to tell me you are going to tell me to stop calling you at midnight, if i were to be the one who gists with you and talks you to sleep using a (Barry White tone) around midnight for like 3 hours everyday assuming i was your main guy. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Midnight calls rock, if you don't like it, then i advise you not to fall in love then grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Mid-nite Calls: How Important Is It by lawyer(m): 12:21am On Jun 03, 2009
Yours is even better! What about those mid night creeps who continue to flash your phones with a hidden number all night?

Very Very Annoying! I wont even allow my girlfriend to call me anything outside 10.30pm except for an emergency! Person need to sleep to work well the next day!
Re: Mid-nite Calls: How Important Is It by Oxone(m): 12:28am On Jun 03, 2009
its not really important except in cases of emergency

i mean some peeps have to go to work the next day & most times nothing meaningful is said at these times.
Re: Mid-nite Calls: How Important Is It by luxoire(f): 11:38am On Jun 03, 2009
al-qaeda:

luxoire, you said you sleep with ur phone on silent, how is it that you can hear your mom's calls and can't hear the others. pls explain.

yes but i don't think you got my msg i said

i sleep with my phone on silent - so even if someone did call late - chances are i wouldnt hear - if i did though i only answer his calls, my mum's and my siblings - any other person can wait till day break

meaning - if i didn't put the phone on silent and did hear the phone ring - the only calls i would answer are those from the ppl listed above
Re: Mid-nite Calls: How Important Is It by Sasha009(f): 12:57pm On Jun 03, 2009
Just wondering if the posters here re mainly residing in Nigeria or most are outside nigeria?
Can some people answer my own post too?
Its titled 'your opinions on having a white partner'. Tx
Re: Mid-nite Calls: How Important Is It by iice(f): 5:08pm On Jun 09, 2009
lawyer:

Yours is even better! What about those mid night creeps who continue to flash your phones with a hidden number all night?

grin grin

Don't bother calling me when i'm sleeping. Rarely even take calls in the day time grin
Re: Mid-nite Calls: How Important Is It by Nobody: 3:06am On Jun 22, 2009
lol, people who overindulge in it are cheapskates, period! No excuses!
Re: Mid-nite Calls: How Important Is It by 190: 3:18am On Jun 22, 2009
i used 2 do wit my ex
dat tyme wen e dey shak us both!
Re: Mid-nite Calls: How Important Is It by sparta(f): 10:58am On Jun 22, 2009
I dont waste my precious time and beauty sleep grin I got a job that demands you stay alert all the times else you go je gbese so i dont do it. shocked Midnite call ko midnite meeting ni cool
Re: Mid-nite Calls: How Important Is It by TheSeeker(m): 4:52pm On Jun 22, 2009
@ Poster

Depends on what plan you are on and where you both are. If you live in Australia, chances her that when it's day time there it will be midnight in Nigeria and if you choose to call your girlfriend/boyfriend then, what's the harm in that? Californian, Washington and Utah time is 8 hours behind Nigeria right now, so if you choose to call your girl/boyfriend at 6pm PST, then your partner is like to answer that call at midnight. Unless you are referring the popular XTRACOOL call in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Should Propose Marriage In A Relationship - Male Or Female? / Calm A Lady Down? Any Ideas? / Advantages Of Being A Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.