Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,616 members, 7,895,437 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 10:34 AM

Who Is The Best Rapper Ever To Hold The Mic. - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Who Is The Best Rapper Ever To Hold The Mic. (4042 Views)

Do Dancers Have A Future to hold In Nigeria?? / Lilwayne Makes History Today (Best Rapper Alive) / Best Rapper: Who Is Yours? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Best Rapper Ever To Hold The Mic. by Bamsyle(m): 5:36pm On Jun 04, 2009
chiogo:

I thought this topic was about what each person thinks. I don't see the room for argument. Just state your opinion and keep it moving, I see people tryna turn this into another Jay-z vs Nas issue.

Co-signed.
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper Ever To Hold The Mic. by kay29000(m): 6:41pm On Jun 04, 2009
@ Chiogo.
Yeah its true. People r trying to make this another jigga, nas arguement. And i must confess that i'm guìlty. Everybody has a right to an opinion. So lets just drop iT and bounce.
I spent sooo much energy on that arguement back then. And it's been 7-8yrs since then, and this 2 keep getting mentioned. They must really be 2 of the greatest.
Though i wonder why i have not heard mention of other sick rappers like canibus, redman, eminem, jadakiss, big pun. . . All talented rappers.
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper Ever To Hold The Mic. by kay29000(m): 6:48pm On Jun 04, 2009
@ Chiogo.
Yeah its true. People r trying to make this another jigga, nas arguement. And i must confess that i'm guìlty. Everybody has a right to an opinion. So lets just drop iT and bounce.
I spent sooo much energy on that arguement back then. And it's been 7-8yrs since then, and this 2 keep getting mentioned. They must really be 2 of the greatest.
Though i wonder why i have not heard mention of other sick rappers like canibus, redman, eminem, jadakiss, big pun. . . All talented rappers.
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper Ever To Hold The Mic. by A40(m): 10:41pm On Jun 04, 2009
Who are these peeps propagating bad data on NL like false prophets? When on earth did Jay say his life ambition was to duet with Nas? NL and its fallacies sef

@chiogo
I concur with your post Pac was deep without having to drop any abstract rhyme or pseudo intelligent flow but he always made sense his subject matter and varying topics was just endless he is the only rapper i can rate over Jay-Z and maybe BIG
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper Ever To Hold The Mic. by chiogo(f): 2:08am On Jun 05, 2009
A-40:

Who are these peeps propagating bad data on NL like false prophets? When on earth did Jay say his life ambition was to duet with Nas? NL and its fallacies sef
LOL, for realz. Na wa oo. cheesy
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper Ever To Hold The Mic. by kay29000(m): 7:03am On Jun 05, 2009
Yes. We need to chill on the nas and jigga arguement. Its been 8yrs since the genesis of their beef, and peeps still keep bringing up those 2. They must really be 2 of the greatest.
Drop your opinion, and respect every other persons else's.
No more comparison.
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper Ever To Hold The Mic. by kay29000(m): 7:08am On Jun 05, 2009
Yes. We need to chill on the nas and jigga arguement. Its been 8yrs since the genesis of their beef, and peeps still keep bringing up those 2. They must really be 2 of the greatest.
No more comparison.
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper Ever To Hold The Mic. by kay29000(m): 7:09am On Jun 05, 2009
No more comparison.
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper Ever To Hold The Mic. by frijos(m): 1:32pm On Jun 05, 2009
I thought this might be useful, stumbled across it somwhere in the net.

Irv Gotti: "Jay-Z Is A Better MC Than Eminem"
Posted: Thursday - June 4, 2009 | Comments (6)

The discussion about "Who is the hottest MC in the Game" will never end. Most recently Irv Gotti connected with MTV and revealed his personal "Hottest MCs in the Game".

"I got a thing with Eminem," Gotti said. "This has nothing to do with the beef. I don't really feel like I have beef with Eminem. This has no hatred or nothing. This is just my opinion on it. Vibe did a thing, and they had him as the #1 rapper. Shit like that kinda pisses me off. You know why? Because let's take Eminem's records. Watch my analogy. Eminem is a great artist, no doubt. He puts words together, he's witty, a smart lyricist, a great lyricist. But how can we say the guy is the best rapper alive? Look at Hov. He makes real records. Every one of Eminem's first singles is some clown shit. He's clowning. Is that the #1? That's not my #1 rapper, man."

Gotti added that Hov would win in a direct battle with Em. He said that back in the day, Slim Shady wouldn't have a chance against a young Jay or DMX and Ja Rule.

"No disrespect, you're a great lyricist, but I come from a school - I know they 'battled' in 8 Mile - but I come from where they battled on the streets with guns out," the head of Murder Inc. said. "They would have put you under pressure. All that 'off the top,' they would have put you under pressure. I been to battles with X, Jay and Ja, that was some real shit. Homie, you wouldn't been able to survive. These niggas was going with written shit. In your grill. X [would say,] 'I don't walk, I stalk, living foul.' Saying some shit you wouldn't been able to withstand."

Gotti said Em would survive in a cipher with the big dogs. "You would have been like, 'My name is Em and I eat M&Ms. I eat you.' What?" Gotti said.

The Murder Inc. CEO said the Detroit legend would have been greeted with three harsh words, "'Shut the Bleep up!' It would have been a 'shut the Bleep up' moment off the top. Dame [Dash] would have been like, 'Look at him. He's crunchy! He's wack!' Then I look at the singles he put out. They're all good, but they only work for him. I say take Eminem, and let him say 'Hard Knock Life.' Still hot. Now let's have Jay-Z say the 'We Made You' song. They would laugh him out the fucking building. , It would be over."

Follow Us On Twitter!
COMMENTS (6)

lolz | Friday - June 5, 2009
i mean i thought irv was dumb till i read it but he sorta right tho. Em always be on sum kinda clown type shit and you know today with lil wayne and all the funny voices and everyone dick riding the autotune, but back in the day it wouldnt last but we in da present so while he has a point, its not relevant today, he needs to think 2k9 not 1999

MKT | Friday - June 5, 2009
Who the Bleep is irv gotti i aint heard his name since eminem and 50 destroyed him and Ja, Now Jay is dope. But Em is the best rapper alive, Jay is a close 2nd. No one can say the shit em says and get away with it. Eminem made white ppl listen to rap. Em and Jay are the Best hands down but Irv Gotti need to shut the Bleep up nobody gives a Bleep bout what he has to say. He aint shit to rap music

Sean | Friday - June 5, 2009
Irv ur wack em is way betta than ja dat nigga ja rule is wack where is he ur a fuckin hater nigga i like jay n all but em is betta irv ur fuckin wack man n dat newz dude is wack u i hope u read dis nigga ill Bleep u up call me if u have a pro. wit dat 813 857 3428 ur wack ja rule is wack tha whole inc label is wack

Calgon | Friday - June 5, 2009
Em is not number 1, 2 or 3 in my opinion. His lyrics have no real substance other than on some clown isht like Irv suggested. Additionally, if Em weren't white he wouldn't have sold all those records. If anyone thinks Em is the best rapper out there, either they need their head examined or their name is Stan.

3EYEZ | Thursday - June 4, 2009
I`m not an Irv Gotti fan, but he`s right on this one.

david wegner | Thursday - June 4, 2009
gotti still bitter about the whole back in the day beef with em,irv is a fat Bleep who gives nothing to the rap game die slow pussy
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper Ever To Hold The Mic. by Sauron1: 4:12pm On Jun 05, 2009
frijos:

The discussion about "Who is the hottest MC in the Game" will never end. Most recently Irv Gotti connected with MTV and revealed his personal "Hottest MCs in the Game".

"I got a thing with Eminem," Gotti said. "This has nothing to do with the beef. I don't really feel like I have beef with Eminem. This has no hatred or nothing. This is just my opinion on it. Vibe did a thing, and they had him as the #1 rapper. Shit like that kinda pisses me off. You know why? Because let's take Eminem's records. Watch my analogy. Eminem is a great artist, no doubt. He puts words together, he's witty, a smart lyricist, a great lyricist. But how can we say the guy is the best rapper alive? Look at Hov. He makes real records. Every one of Eminem's first singles is some clown shit. He's clowning. Is that the #1? That's not my #1 rapper, man."

What do you expect fat Irv Gotti to say, Eminem had a hand in putting Murder INC outta business.
Do u really expect him to say Eminem is dope? To make matters worse, he said Ja Rule would kill Eminem in a direct battle?? grin cheesy
Disregard Irv Gotti, he's still bitter about the whole Fiddy--Eminem/Murder INC beef.
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper Ever To Hold The Mic. by kay29000(m): 7:35pm On Jun 05, 2009
What irv was just trying to say is that when it comes to rap, real rap, no gimick or comic shit, then u can't say em is d best. Em kills pple wit his witty rhmyes and incredible delivery. I neva saw what d fuss was about on d 8mile movie. Em got everybody on his dick cos he does crazy numbers. I'm not disputing d fact that he is a very good rapper. Infact, he is great, but definately d best rapper alive.
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper Ever To Hold The Mic. by Bamsyle(m): 7:42pm On Jun 05, 2009
kay29000:

What irv was just trying to say is that when it comes to rap, real rap, no gimick or comic shit, then u can't say em is d best.

True that.

You ommited the word "NOT":

I'm not disputing d fact that he is a very good rapper. Infact, he is great, but definately NOT d best rapper alive.
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper Ever To Hold The Mic. by ikamefa(f): 11:55pm On Jun 05, 2009
@ Topic tupac cheesy
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper Ever To Hold The Mic. by osasp(m): 1:18am On Jun 06, 2009
frijos:

I thought this might be useful, stumbled across it somwhere in the net.

Irv Gotti: "Jay-Z Is A Better MC Than Eminem"
Posted: Thursday - June 4, 2009 | Comments (6)

Gotti added that Hov would win in a direct battle with Em. He said that back in the day, Slim Shady wouldn't have a chance against a young Jay or DMX and Ja Rule.

"No disrespect, you're a great lyricist, but I come from a school - I know they 'battled' in 8 Mile - but I come from where they battled on the streets with guns out," the head of Murder Inc. said. "They would have put you under pressure. All that 'off the top,' they would have put you under pressure. I been to battles with X, Jay and Ja, that was some real shit. Homie, you wouldn't been able to survive. These niggas was going with written shit. In your grill. X [would say,] 'I don't walk, I stalk, living foul.' Saying some shit you wouldn't been able to withstand."

Gotti said Em would survive in a cipher with the big dogs. "You would have been like, 'My name is Em and I eat M&Ms. I eat you.' What?" Gotti said.

The Murder Inc. CEO said the Detroit legend would have been greeted with three harsh words, "'Shut the mess up!' It would have been a 'shut the mess up' moment off the top. Dame [Dash] would have been like, 'Look at him. He's crunchy! He's wack!' Then I look at the singles he put out. They're all good, but they only work for him. I say take Eminem, and let him say 'Hard Knock Life.' Still hot. Now let's have Jay-Z say the 'We Made You' song. They would laugh him out the fucking building. , It would be over."

Follow Us On Twitter!
COMMENTS (6)

lolz | Friday - June 5, 2009
i mean i thought irv was dumb till i read it but he sorta right tho. Em always be on sum kinda clown type shit and you know today with lil wayne and all the funny voices and everyone privates riding the autotune, but back in the day it wouldnt last but we in da present so while he has a point, its not relevant today, he needs to think 2k9 not 1999

MKT | Friday - June 5, 2009
Who the mess is irv gotti i aint heard his name since eminem and 50 destroyed him and Ja, Now Jay is dope. But Em is the best rapper alive, Jay is a close 2nd. No one can say the shit em says and get away with it. Eminem made white ppl listen to rap. Em and Jay are the Best hands down but Irv Gotti need to shut the mess up nobody gives a mess bout what he has to say. He aint shit to rap music

Sean | Friday - June 5, 2009
Irv ur wack em is way betta than ja dat nigga ja rule is wack where is he ur a fuckin hater nigga i like jay n all but em is betta irv ur fuckin wack man n dat newz dude is wack u i hope u read dis nigga ill mess u up call me if u have a pro. wit dat 813 857 3428 ur wack ja rule is wack tha whole inc label is wack

Calgon | Friday - June 5, 2009
Em is not number 1, 2 or 3 in my opinion. His lyrics have no real substance other than on some clown isht like Irv suggested. Additionally, if Em weren't white he wouldn't have sold all those records. If anyone thinks Em is the best rapper out there, either they need their head examined or their name is Stan.

3EYEZ | Thursday - June 4, 2009
I`m not an Irv Gotti fan, but he`s right on this one.

david wegner | Thursday - June 4, 2009
gotti still bitter about the whole back in the day beef with em,irv is a fat mess who gives nothing to the rap game die slow womanliness

lol i saw it 2
that guy is sad. . .crying over spilt milk
he ruined it when he compared ja to em. . .pfft
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper Ever To Hold The Mic. by mystikal(m): 4:58pm On Jun 07, 2009
it seems like people expect EM 2 rap like some black bloke b4 he's considered top notch. 4 Zap's sakes the dude is white, he'd never be able 2 rap abt rascism, opression, even bling obsession like dem niggas do with tht intensity.

As it is, few people can do what EM does lyrically. He is up there! Ja Rule? plzzzzzz. nigga sucks!
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper Ever To Hold The Mic. by mystikal(m): 5:02pm On Jun 07, 2009
@ Poster.

Biggie was the best rapper to rock the mic 2 me. He deliverred lines tht would capture a vivid imagination, excellent play with words, and was generally smooth and at ease while doing that, plus he had d best beats too! just my opinion
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper Ever To Hold The Mic. by baslone: 10:14pm On Jun 07, 2009
Who the Bleep is GOTTI?- let someone else say
those lines. Don't piss my day out abeg!!!!
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper Ever To Hold The Mic. by kay29000(m): 3:29pm On Jun 09, 2009
pls, i need more replies.
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper Ever To Hold The Mic. by Redfox(m): 9:50am On Jun 12, 2009
None can be better than Tupac with such marvelous lyrics and groundbreaking rap mix, my respect to Warren G,Jay Z and Nate Dogg.
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper Ever To Hold The Mic. by Vuitton(m): 11:20am On Jun 12, 2009
The best rapper to ever hold the mic to me is JAY Z
Reasons:

Longevity: Since 1996 til date the guy has dropped more than 12 albums:
REASONABLE DOUBT, IN MY LIFETIME, HARDKNOCK LIFE, LIFE AND TIMES OF S. CARTER, DYNASTY, BLUEPRINT, BLUEPRINT 2, BEST OF BOTH WORLDS, UNFINISHED BUSINESS, MTV UNPLUGGED, BLACK ALBUM.
shocked shocked shocked
THEN KINGDOM COME kiss AMERICAN GANGSTER, BLUEPRINT 3 (Coming Soon)

Consistency: Unlike Nas

Hit maker: Put him on your track and ur guaranteed to blow

Sick flow: How many fans are JOcking Jay Z's lyrics Make sense(cents) dont it? Now make dollars

Chart buster: Most number One hits (tied with Elvis Presley)

Money Maker: Question How soon will the boy make a BILLION DOLLARS

Most Influential: DEf Jam, Kofi Annan, Barack Obama, Kanye West, Lil Wayne, Nas, Biggie and Tupac

Freestyle ability: Ask Biggie (Oops)

Make hits without a pen: Its recorded that Blueprint (a Classic was written in a few days)

Much respect to Biggie, Tupac, Rakim, KRS ONE, Nas and Eminem (In that order)

Guys had rap in a choke hold for a decade man!!! All platinum records

He signed Nas to Def Jam some years back when he was President
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper Ever To Hold The Mic. by osasp(m): 10:41pm On Jun 12, 2009
@ topic - eminem

reason - highest selling rapper of all time (he just beat tupac recently)
style - real heads will agree to this, relapse 2 will be out soon
first rapper to win an oscar - now thats an achievement for a musician
voted greatest rapper alive.
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper Ever To Hold The Mic. by chamotex(m): 11:13pm On Jun 12, 2009
Tough one but I don't wanna be biased.

BIGGIE listen to I got a story to tell *SHAKES HEAD* some dope shit
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper Ever To Hold The Mic. by Sauron1: 11:24pm On Jun 12, 2009
Bamsyle:

Gimme The Loot?? That is even the least of his story-telling abilities . . .

My man Inf left a Tec and a nine at my crib
Turned himself in, he had to do a bid
A one-to-three, he be home the end of '93
I'm ready to get this paper, G, you with me?

Biggie told this story without leaving out any detail.
His man left a Tec and a nine in his crib just before the dude had to go to Prison.
This is telling his listeners how he came about the guns used for the robbery in the first place. . . . . .PRICELESS!!!

Besides, he told the story rapping with 2 distinct voices(him and his accomplice).
The conversation was outta this world.

Man, listen all this walking is hurting my feet
But money looks sweet (where at?) in the Isuzu jeep

Man, I throw him in the Beem, you grab the fucking C.R.E.A.M
and if he start to scream "bam! bam!", have a nice dream

Hold up, he got a fucking bitch in the car
Fur coats and diamonds, she thinks she a superstar

Gimme The Loot should be used as a rap manual for the upcoming artistes. It's like a movie.
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper Ever To Hold The Mic. by asha80(m): 11:26pm On Jun 12, 2009
Soulja boy
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper Ever To Hold The Mic. by Krayola(m): 12:22am On Jun 13, 2009
Black Thought . . but he's not human so I'll say Notorious BIG
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper Ever To Hold The Mic. by osasp(m): 9:41am On Jun 13, 2009
Krayola:

waddyu mean hes not human
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper Ever To Hold The Mic. by A40(m): 11:42am On Jun 13, 2009
@Vuitton
You are on point bro

Krayola:

Black Thought has to be the most under-rated MC ever even Jay-Z is a fan that dude spits lava
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper Ever To Hold The Mic. by Vuitton(m): 5:05pm On Jun 13, 2009
A-40:

@Vuitton
You are on point bro
Black Thought has to be the most under-rated MC ever even Jay-Z is a fan that dude spits lava

Thanks man cheesy

Lets recall that Jay Z freestlyed Dr Dre's Still Dre in a day and it was his hit single cool
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper Ever To Hold The Mic. by Vuitton(m): 5:07pm On Jun 13, 2009
Why not create a poll and lets vote smiley

Moderator we need your help here cool
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper Ever To Hold The Mic. by CrudeOil2(m): 11:27pm On Jun 13, 2009
the notorious big is the best mc ever. no one compares 2 him.
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper Ever To Hold The Mic. by A40(m): 12:24am On Jun 14, 2009
Vuitton:

Thanks man cheesy

Lets recall that Jay Z freestlyed Dr Dre's Still Dre in a day and it was his hit single cool
You won't see them beefdogs giving him credits for writing classics ooh

He dropped I.Z.Z.O in minutes he is a phenom jare i can't shout
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper Ever To Hold The Mic. by luck007(m): 3:42am On Jun 14, 2009
Biggie smalls - (one of the best rapper of all time but dead)
and i will give it to T.I right now. the guy spit the true talks

T.I - No matter what
he kill who ever he was talking to in the song (shawty Lo)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Rap Album Of The Decade: Malcom Ix / Download_reminisce - Olorun Ni Shola / R. Kelly - Happy Birthday (audio+video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.