Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,588 members, 7,895,325 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 08:23 AM

Who Is The Best Rapper Ever To Hold The Mic. - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Who Is The Best Rapper Ever To Hold The Mic. (4041 Views)

Do Dancers Have A Future to hold In Nigeria?? / Lilwayne Makes History Today (Best Rapper Alive) / Best Rapper: Who Is Yours? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Best Rapper Ever To Hold The Mic. by NAIJAVOICE(m): 7:08am On Jun 14, 2009
2pac is still their king.
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper Ever To Hold The Mic. by Krayola(m): 7:42am On Jun 14, 2009
osasp:

waddyu mean hes not human

I mean that he is so much more dynamic, versatile, and lyrically gifted than everyone else that it is an unfair comparison. He is everything that every rapper aspires to be, and more.
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper Ever To Hold The Mic. by Bamsyle(m): 2:17pm On Jun 14, 2009
Vuitton:

Consistency: Unlike Nas

Most Influential: Nas, Biggie and Tupac

The things one reads on NL . . . one of these days, someone would come in here and say Abraham Lincoln was once a Nigerian President . . .

And again, no need comparing artistes . . . post your sh*t and buzz off . . . how many times must this be said??
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper Ever To Hold The Mic. by Vuitton(m): 12:11pm On Jun 15, 2009
Bamsyle:

The things one reads on NL . . . one of these days, someone would come in here and say Abraham Lincoln was once a Nigerian President . . .

And again, no need comparing artistes . . . post your sh*t and buzz off . . . how many times must this be said??

Who is this or shud i say what are you? Who gave you the authority to sanction my post shocked

U are not the first poster so plezzzz undecided
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper Ever To Hold The Mic. by Vuitton(m): 12:14pm On Jun 15, 2009
@ Bamsyle
Ok i realize you are a Nas fan so i feel you grin

Well it is wot it is tongue
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper Ever To Hold The Mic. by Bamsyle(m): 5:45pm On Jun 15, 2009
You have a right to ya opinion . . . so say whatever you wanna say . . . at least you don't have to pay for it . . .  cheesy

Scoring Jay-Z higher than Nas in terms of consistency and claiming he's influenced Biggie/Pac is preposterous . . . it's all good though . . . but the rule here is post your choice and beat it . . .  tongue
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper Ever To Hold The Mic. by chamotex(m): 6:01pm On Jun 15, 2009
@ topic

Hard one but I dont wanna be biased so I'll go for NASTY NAS
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper Ever To Hold The Mic. by Vuitton(m): 6:53pm On Jun 16, 2009
Bamsyle:

You have a right to ya opinion . . . so say whatever you wanna say . . . at least you don't have to pay for it . . . cheesy

Scoring Jay-Z higher than Nas in terms of consistency and claiming he's influenced Biggie/Pac is preposterous . . . it's all good though . . . but the rule here is post your choice and beat it . . . tongue

Yes boss grin
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper Ever To Hold The Mic. by Vuitton(m): 7:03pm On Jun 16, 2009
OK so Jay had influence on:
Kanye West,
Beanie Sigel,
Memphis Bleek,
Rihanna,
Tiara Marie (dont kno the spellin),
Beyonce (3rd most influential lady on earth)
Biggie (kept him on his toes)
Nas (resurrected him and screwed his baby moms tongue )
Tupac (wot was his beef sef, abi he been dey fear Jay)
Timbaland
Jus Blaze
Dr Dre
Kofi Annan
Linkin Park
ALL NEW RAP ACTS AND WANNA BES  tongue

SINCE 1996 and still friggin OUTSTANDING shocked shocked shocked

NA LIE?  undecided
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper Ever To Hold The Mic. by kay29000(m): 12:01am On Jun 17, 2009
I said i would not make a jay/nas thing, but these jay-z fans av gone too far.
Jay-z is d greatest nas fan ever. I am going to back this up with facts. Every instance or story i talk about can be googled for authencity.
Jìgga sampled nas on his first single ever, dead president, in 1996. He wantd nas to re-voice it but nas turned down invitation. When it was time to shoot d video, he invitee nas, a-z and biggie for a cameo appearance in a scene where they'd b playing monopoly wit real money, nas turned it down again. If u av seen d video u'd notice only jay, a-z and big in dat scene.
Jìgga went on to sample nas again in one of his other songs(on in my life time).
On a song in vol1, jigga rhymed and i quote, 'i'm marcy where niggas pack cars and argue who's d best, jigga, big or nas.
In many other songs, jay gave props to nas. On a song from his 3rd album or so, he rhymes, me and guys stay tight like d firm. If u dont know, the firm consisted of nas, nature, a-z and foxy brown.
Google n read up b4 u reply.
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper Ever To Hold The Mic. by Bamsyle(m): 10:40am On Jun 17, 2009
@Button/Mutton/Vuitton (or whatever ya name is)

Read what Kay29000 just told ya and digest it . . . if still in doubt, I'll take time to reply you . . . tongue
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper Ever To Hold The Mic. by A40(m): 3:47pm On Jun 17, 2009
Vuitton:

OK so Jay had influence on:
Kanye West,
Beanie Sigel,
Memphis Bleek,
Rihanna,
Tiara Marie (dont kno the spellin),
Beyonce (3rd most influential lady on earth)
Biggie (kept him on his toes)
Nas (resurrected him and screwed his baby moms tongue )
Tupac (wot was his beef sef, abi he been dey fear Jay)
Timbaland
Jus Blaze
Dr Dre
Kofi Annan
Linkin Park
ALL NEW RAP ACTS AND WANNA BES  tongue

SINCE 1996 and still friggin OUTSTANDING shocked shocked shocked

NA LIE?  undecided
Roflmao!! You forgot to add T.I to the list as well

kay29000:

I said i would not make a jay/nas thing, but these jay-z fans av gone too far.
[b]Jay-z is d greatest nas fan ever. I am going to back this up with facts. Every instance or story i talk about can be googled for authencity.
[/b]Jìgga sampled nas on his first single ever, dead president, in 1996. He wantd nas to re-voice it but nas turned down invitation. When it was time to shoot d video, he invitee nas, a-z and biggie for a cameo appearance in a scene where they'd b playing monopoly wit real money, nas turned it down again. If u av seen d video u'd notice only jay, a-z and big in dat scene.
Jìgga went on to sample nas again in one of his other songs(on in my life time).
On a song in vol1, jigga rhymed and i quote, 'i'm marcy where niggas pack cars and argue who's d best, jigga, big or nas.
In many other songs, jay gave props to nas. On a song from his 3rd album or so, he rhymes, me and guys stay tight like d firm. If u dont know, the firm consisted of nas, nature, a-z and foxy brown.
Google n read up b4 u reply.
He was such a big fan he even boned Nas's baby momma and shared her with him as well grin grin i wouldn't be suprised if he is responsible for his problems with Kelis grin
And then he metamorphosed from a fan to his record executive.Its good to be a fan lol

All three rappers where hot then and Jay-Z was smart enough to rhyme with it. . Cars. . . Nas
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper Ever To Hold The Mic. by Bamsyle(m): 4:21pm On Jun 17, 2009
@A-40

Na you sabi o . . .

Every dog has its (evil) day . . . my man Nas will pull through this one . . .  grin . . . and it's all hearsay, trust me.
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper Ever To Hold The Mic. by A40(m): 4:28pm On Jun 17, 2009
@Bamsyle
He was warned about Kelis before going for her that girl is a proper skeezer i am sorry to say.Its all opinion sha Vibe picked Eminem as their best rapper and MTV picked Jay-Z as the greatest MC of all time

P.S: Nice going you guys! Thanks to you and Sauron the Blueprint 3 thread has been put under key and lock i think the mods should create a special thread where una go fit kawa d nonsense
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper Ever To Hold The Mic. by iamdnegro: 4:38pm On Jun 17, 2009
Frank White.
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper Ever To Hold The Mic. by Bamsyle(m): 4:47pm On Jun 17, 2009
@A-40

Well . . . Nas seems pretty unlucky with 'em women . . . this one is even much better . . . I read snippets from Carmen's writing/interview and was like what the . . . shocked . . . it was daylight vendetta.

Hehe . . . normally I'll have left da dude to his skewered opinions . . . but there are times in life when you just feel - no, this one cannot pass, I gotta squash it:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-285118.0.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-285117.0.html

In spite of all . . . I remain gentle . . . grin grin
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper Ever To Hold The Mic. by A40(m): 4:54pm On Jun 17, 2009
Bamsyle:

@A-40

Well . . . Nas seems pretty unlucky with 'em women . . . this one is even much better . . . I read snippets from Carmen's writing/interview and was like what the . . . shocked . . . it was daylight vendetta.

Hehe . . . normally I'll have left da dude to his skewered opinions . . . but there are times in life when you just feel - no, this one cannot pass, I gotta squash it:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-285118.0.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-285117.0.html

In spite of all . . . I remain gentle . . . grin grin
He needs to go to church to find the right kind of gyals.Carmen was something else though i agree

As for the shindig y'all got going on i have seen the whole thing the mods blocked em threads faster than the speed of light at this rate i would be suprised if both of you don't get banned.The mods should open a special thread on the Rap Battle section for you sumo wrestlers jare grin grin
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper Ever To Hold The Mic. by Bamsyle(m): 5:06pm On Jun 17, 2009
A-40:

He needs to go to church to find the right kind of gyals.Carmen was something else though i agree

Church?? shocked shocked
Some church gurls are worse than club gurls!!! . . . do you remember a scene in Two Can Play That Game . . . after church, when Vivica was tryna score with Morris . . . and this guy (forgotten his name) was saying "the same gurls who'll be backin' up that thang on a Saturday eve in a club'll also be raising 'em holy hands on Sunday morn" . . . grin grin

As for the shindig y'all got going on i have seen the whole thing the mods blocked em threads faster than the speed of light at this rate i would be suprised if both of you don't get banned.The mods should open a special thread on the Rap Battle section for you sumo wrestlers jare grin grin

grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Pool Of Naija Old School Musics In One Website / Download DJ Famous.b Mixtape (street Banger) / FREE BEAT: Dj Yk Beatz - Talking Drum Beat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.