Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,845 members, 7,945,711 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 02:14 AM

The Secret To Avoid Any Sin - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Secret To Avoid Any Sin (698 Views)

Did Jesus Christ Commit Any Sin While On Earth?(The triumphant Entry in view) / 5 Things To Avoid When Evangelizing/sharing The Gospel / Why Do Animals Die, Did They Commit Any Sin With Adam And Eve? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Secret To Avoid Any Sin by skyone(m): 2:50pm On Jun 03, 2009
I have come to my conclusion that the only way to avoid every other sin is to avoid

(i) Lying
(ii) Disobedience
(iii) Lustfulness  and
(iv) Coveteousness.

I tell you every other sin is attached to the above 4 sins and the only way to make HEAVEN is concentrate in avoiding the above sins.

Prove me wrong if you can.
Re: The Secret To Avoid Any Sin by jagunlabi(m): 4:44pm On Jun 03, 2009
You can never ever avoid sin as long as you still have the ego in you.Besides,what do you mean by "sin"?What is a sin to you?
Re: The Secret To Avoid Any Sin by huxley2(m): 5:49pm On Jun 03, 2009
skyone:

I have come to my conclusion that the only way to avoid every other sin is to avoid

(i) Lying

Supposing you lived in Germany in the 1930s and were hiding some Jews.  And you were approached by some hostile Nazi officers looking for Jews to send to the gas chambers.  The nazi officers asked you - "Do you know where any Jews are hiding?"

What you be your response?

skyone:

(ii) Disobedience

Said Nazi officers and now in power.  Would you obey and disobey their authorities?  Or supposing God asked you to kill your child, would you obey?

skyone:

(iii) Lustfulness  and

If you are married, did you ever feel sexaully attracted to your partner?

skyone:

(iv) Coveteousness.

Have you never wanted something that you did not initially own?  Have you ever wanted for a car, a house, a partner, a piece of jewellery, some tasty dinner, etc, etc?  If you have ever wanted these things, then you have wanted things that most have been owned by someone else, right?
Re: The Secret To Avoid Any Sin by noetic2: 5:56pm On Jun 03, 2009
huxley2:

Supposing you lived in Germany in the 1930s and were hiding some Jews.  And you were approached by some hostile Nazi officers looking for Jews to send to the gas chambers.  The nazi officers asked you - "Do you know where any Jews are hiding?"

Said Nazi officers and now in power.  Would you obey and disobey their authorities?  Or supposing God asked you to kill your child, would you obey?

Have you never wanted something that you did not initially own?  Have you ever wanted for a car, a house, a partner, a piece of jewellery, some tasty dinner, etc, etc?  If you have ever wanted these things, then you have wanted things that most have been owned by someone else, right?

put yourself in all of these scenarios. . . .what would u do?
Re: The Secret To Avoid Any Sin by huxley2(m): 6:08pm On Jun 03, 2009
noetic2:

put yourself in all of these scenarios. . . .what would u do?

What would you do to avoid the risk of sinning?
Re: The Secret To Avoid Any Sin by noetic2: 6:09pm On Jun 03, 2009
huxley2:

What would you do to avoid the risk of sinning?
why should u answer a question with a question?
Re: The Secret To Avoid Any Sin by skyone(m): 5:00pm On Jun 09, 2009
noetic2:

why should u answer a question with a question?
huxley2:

Supposing you lived in Germany in the 1930s and were hiding some Jews. And you were approached by some hostile Nazi officers looking for Jews to send to the gas chambers. The nazi officers asked you - "Do you know where any Jews are hiding?"

Said Nazi officers and now in power. Would you obey and disobey their authorities? Or supposing God asked you to kill your child, would you obey?

Have you never wanted something that you did not initially own? Have you ever wanted for a car, a house, a partner, a piece of jewellery, some tasty dinner, etc, etc? If you have ever wanted these things, then you have wanted things that most have been owned by someone else, right?

Huxley, pls take time to read and understand the question before bring out the ignorance in you. The topic says it all as a matter of i've just realised you are simply contracdicting yourself. i'll give you one more chance.

(1) (Reply)

In The Light Of New Evidence / Design Or Chance? / Winning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.