Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,904 members, 7,906,392 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 10:15 AM

Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? (39481 Views)

Can Christians Really Be Friends And Connect With Those Of Other Faiths? / Born Gay? It's Not Your Fault / Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by bawomolo(m): 7:54pm On Jun 06, 2009
C2H5OH:

Due process of law my friend.  i'm just thinking if it's conclusive that a person can be born gay, then there must be a gene that controls sexual orientation.  I would want a revision made to the law to stop the senseless killings of rapists and pedos.

Because if that happens to be the case, people can be born as bisexuals, pedophiles, rapists, animal fockers, object fockers, etc.  It would be a naturally occuring process that is beyond their control.  Right?

Who knows, only time would tell
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by oyinda3(f): 8:03pm On Jun 06, 2009
The fact is that nobody knows for certain what genes (if there are any) contribute to sexual orientation. And it is impossible to look at a baby and try to figure if he/she will grow up to become attracted to the same sex or opposite sex.

the other cases you mention rapist etc are crimes that are dangerous to society and threaten the lives of others. They should not be compared to homosexuality.
Again, there are homosexual rapists just as there are heterosexual rapists (these people I don't care if they are straight or gay) belong behind bars.

C2H5OH:

Nature has it that a child can be born as male, female, hermaphrodite, etc . . . some asexual, etc.

Whatever happens after that is most likely an issue of circumstance. Environment, nurture, perversion, choice, and so forth

So if I follow your argument, being straight is also an issue of circumstance.
what you also should realize is that sex and gender are two related but different concepts
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by slimfine(f): 8:04pm On Jun 06, 2009
somehow, i cannot be so sure that some people are not born gay. However, I don't understand why these homosexuals cannot just do their thing! why must I give my consent or approval for them to practice sexuality how they want? they have the right be gay and I have the right not to support it!
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by C2H5OH(f): 8:30pm On Jun 06, 2009

Again, there are homosexual rapists just as there are heterosexual rapists (these people I don't care if they are straight or gay) belong behind bars.
what if they are born that way grin

So if I follow your argument, being straight is also an issue of circumstance.
but you are not following the argument.
being straight is both by nature and by norm. circumstance is what leads people to deviate from that. focus here will ya.
when you mention straight, i'm guessing you mean "male-female intercourse". Ignoring artificial inseminations, etc, how else would you have been produced if not for that?

what you also should realize is that sex and gender are two related but different concepts
so what's your point?
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by oyinda3(f): 8:39pm On Jun 06, 2009
C2H5OH:

what if they are born that way ;Dbut you are not following the argument.
being straight is both by nature and by norm. circumstance is what leads people to deviate from that. focus here will ya.
when you mention straight, i'm guessing you mean "male-female intercourse". Ignoring artificial inseminations, etc, how else would you have been produced if not for that?so what's your point?
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by C2H5OH(f): 8:42pm On Jun 06, 2009
lol what? i hate posting on this thread because of the hang time. major lag!
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by oyinda3(f): 8:55pm On Jun 06, 2009
lol my reply disappeared

rapists are sex offenders. They use violence to force others into having sex with them. And how has this got anything to do with gays wanting their right to marriage? Who are the rapists trying to marry? their victims? rape has nothing to do with relationship or marriage. It's just a violent act of sex that involves a perpetrator and a victim. It is a personal attack on homosexuals to compare them to rapists.

how is being straight both by nature and by norm?

by sex being different from gender:

Sex refers to biological differences; chromosomes, hormonal profiles, internal and external sex organs.
Gender describes the characteristics that a society or culture delineates as masculine or feminine.

it is when individuals deviate from gender norms, they are seen as threats to society (for whatever reasons) i.e feminine male, masculine female. etc
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by C2H5OH(f): 9:03pm On Jun 06, 2009
oyinda.:

lol my reply disappeared

rapists are sex offenders. They use violence to force others into having sex with them. And how has this got anything to do with gays wanting their right to marriage? Who are the rapists trying to marry? their victims? rape has nothing to do with relationship or marriage. It's just a violent act of sex that involves a perpetrator and a victim. It is a personal attack on homosexuals to compare them to rapists.
i sometimes wonder if you even know what you're talking about. i don't know why you like digressing from topic. we are talking about people being born a certain way and you're talking about gay marriage. there is already a thread on gay marriage in the politics section, where you and your cohorts got your asses handed to you.

how is being straight both by nature and by norm?
did we not talk about this before i don't like repeating myself.

by sex being different from gender:

Sex refers to biological differences; chromosomes, hormonal profiles, internal and external sex organs.
Gender describes the characteristics that a society or culture delineates as masculine or feminine.

it is when individuals deviate from gender norms, they are seen as threats to society (for whatever reasons) i.e feminine male, masculine female. etc

what are you talking about again? you lost me.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by oyinda3(f): 9:12pm On Jun 06, 2009
I already answered the question about people being born a certain way. here is my answer in a previous post:

"The fact is that nobody knows for certain what genes (if there are any) contribute to sexual orientation. And it is impossible to look at a baby and try to figure if he/she will grow up to become attracted to the same sex or opposite sex."

you said:
Nature has it that a child can be born as male, female, hermaphrodite, etc . . . some asexual, etc.

Whatever happens after that is most likely an issue of circumstance.

and then you contradicted yourself by saying:

being straight is by nature
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by oyinda3(f): 9:19pm On Jun 06, 2009
what are you talking about again? you lost me.

most people are born either boy or girl(sex).
They are born into a society that expects the boy to be masculine and the girl to be feminine (gender).
sometimes, the boy or the girl doesn't conform to these societal expectations and therefore they become ostracized by society (which shouldn't be the case).

get it? I think you were mixing sex with gender.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by C2H5OH(f): 9:24pm On Jun 06, 2009
i don't see the contradiction there. i see two distinct answers to two questions you asked.

1) being straight being natural because of the need for reproduction was answer number one
2) is already obvious as have males, females etc that i listed

I don't remember mixing sex with gender. Sex and gender are sometimes interchangeable. I don't know why you keep making a big deal about sex and gender.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by oyinda3(f): 9:37pm On Jun 06, 2009
being straight being natural because of the need for reproduction was answer number one

I don't think being homosexual really hinders world reproduction. I mean the population of homosexuals compared to heterosexuals is very minute.
But yes I will agree with you that being straight is more natural if by "natural" you mean beneficial to reproduction or common place
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by dalaman: 10:06pm On Jun 06, 2009
Its the way they shout "go and research" that gets me laughing. If Mich had "researched" at all instead of bullying everyone who doesnt agree with her depraved state of mind she shld know that consensual incest IS ACCEPTED in France and[b] Holland. Incest marriage is allowed in Sweden.
[/b]
Now why does she support gay rights but not incest? Are the brother and sister pair not citizens with rights?

@ davidylan if only you will also stop bullying any body that does not agree with your depraved state of mind and stop resorting to lies when making your points you will know that incest is not allowed in Holland and incest marriage is NOT allowed in Sweden.

The Netherlands

Incest is illegal in the Netherlands. It is forbidden to have children with any first, second, or third degree relative, as it is in any other European country.

It is also illegal to have sexual intercourse with a minor. Minors are allowed to have intercourse with another minor, and although it is forbidden by law, it is generally accepted when a 17-year-old engages intercourse with an 18-year-old, however, larger age differences usually are not accepted and therefore considered a crime.

On the issue of marriage for minors, a minor may only marry with the permission of their parents or legal guardians, without it, the marriage is unlawful,   

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laws_regarding_incest

Sweden

It is illegal for siblings to get married in Sweden

http://www.skatteverket.se/folkbokforing/ovrigt/aktenskap.4.18e1b10334ebe8bc80004956.html

Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by dalaman: 10:08pm On Jun 06, 2009
Deleted for double posting.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jun 06, 2009
As usual . . . dalaman has NO contribution to the topic but to stalk David around.

dalaman:

@ davidylan if only you will also stop bullying any body that does not agree with your depraved state of mind and stop resorting to lies when making your points you will know that incest is not allowed in Holland and incest marriage is NOT allowed in Sweden.

I notice that you hypocritically avoided to mention France where incest laws were removed by Napoleon over 200 yrs ago . . . at least you indirectly admit that was not a lie. As regards the other countries . . .

dalaman:
The Netherlands
Incest is illegal in the Netherlands. It is forbidden to have children with any first, second, or third degree relative, as it is in any other European country.

It is also illegal to have sexual intercourse with a minor. Minors are allowed to have intercourse with another minor, and although it is forbidden by law, it is generally accepted when a 17-year-old engages intercourse with an 18-year-old, however, larger age differences usually are not accepted and therefore considered a crime.

On the issue of marriage for minors, a minor may only marry with the permission of their parents or legal guardians, without it, the marriage is unlawful,

I have ALWAYS said that people ESPECIALLY HYPOCRITES whose only reason for posting is to "prove others wrong" without making a single cerebral contribution shld always rely on SOURCES other than wikipedia. Its apparent you simply rushed off to wikipedia without checking your sources AT

Saying that the law is based on outdated moral concepts, legal experts have said that Germany should follow the example of many other countries, such as France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Portugal, Turkey, Japan, Argentina or Brazil, [size=14pt]where incest is no longer punishable[/size].

Source - http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,2144,1773672,00.html

In the Netherlands meanwhile, [size=14pt]where consensual incest is no longer prosecuted[/size], the legal status of the child born of such a relationship is ambiguous, according to Masha Antokolskaia, an expert in family law at the Free University in Amsterdam.

Source - http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6424337.stm

As regards Sweden

dalaman:
Sweden

http://www.skatteverket.se/folkbokforing/ovrigt/aktenskap.4.18e1b10334ebe8bc80004956.html

Again IGNORANCE . . . mental laziness . . . obsessive dependence on wikipedia without factually checking other sources.

Sweden is the only country in Europe which allows marriage between siblings who share a parent

Source - Already quoted above.

Sweden's legalisation of marriage between siblings however requires special permission by Swedish authorities and is only allowed between siblings from only one parent . . .

Try reading anything outside wikipedia for starters . . . it was written by someone just like you who doesnt have to cite sources.

And as regards the second link you put for Sweden, it was in Swedish . . . on conversion to English it turned out to be a list of monetary stuff i couldnt understand. How that related to incest is beyond my comprehension.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by huxley2(m): 10:57pm On Jun 06, 2009
On what basis is incest illegal? Is it illegal because it is immoral and if so what makes it immoral? Why is it immoral?
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by pilgrim1(f): 11:48pm On Jun 06, 2009
Gentlemen: davidylan and dalaman,

Perhaps the small problem may not actually be a problem, for it appears you're both emphasizing issues that may be correct from two different perspectives. I don't know and may be wrong; but I feel the simple solution there is the elusive nature of legislature in the countries addressed. Let me take just the case of Sweden:

[list]
dalaman:

. . . and incest marriage is NOT allowed in Sweden.

[/list]

[list]
davidylan:

Source - http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6424337.stm

As regards Sweden

Sweden is the only country in Europe which allows marriage between siblings who share a parent

Source - Already quoted above.

Sweden's legalisation of marriage between siblings however requires special permission by Swedish authorities and is only allowed between siblings from only one parent . . .
[/list]

Let's see how they stand out:

1. From the BBC website (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6424337.stm)
[this was given as 'Last Updated: Monday, 12 March 2007,']
'Sweden is the only country in Europe which allows
marriage between siblings who share a parent.'

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2. From Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laws_regarding_incest#Sweden)
[this was given as "This page was last modified on 29 May 2009"]
"It is illegal for siblings to get married in Sweden"

If you look carefully, you'd find that davidylan was correct in his quote as regards incest marriages in Sweden up until 2007; whereas the more recent case was quoted by dalaman for 2009. Bear in mind that legislations in the Scandinavia change from time to time as well.

But more to the point is to visit the official website of the Swedish Government (Skatteverket) on this issue:

Swedish:

Från och med den 1 maj 2009 är äktenskapet könsneutralt, dvs.
de som ingår äktenskap kan vara antingen en man och en kvinna
eller två kvinnor eller två män. Tidigare kunde två män eller två
kvinnor registrera partnerskap men lagen om detta upphörde att
gälla den 1 maj 2009. De som är registrerade partner enligt den
tidigare lagen fortsätter att vara det om de inte väljer att omvandla
sitt partnerskap till ett äktenskap.

- - - - - -

I svensk lag finns följande hinder mot äktenskap:

● Ålder - Du som är under 18 år får inte gifta dig utan tillstånd.
● Släktskap - Ni som är nära släkt får inte gifta er med varandra.
● Du som redan är gift får inte ingå nytt äktenskap. Detsamma gäller om
du är registrerad partner enligt tidigare lag.

English:

From the May 1, 2009 marriage is gender neutral, ie.
Those who marry can be either a man and a woman or
two women or two men. Previously, two men or two women
to register partnerships, but the law on this expired May 1, 2009.
Those who are registered partners under the former Act
continues to be there unless they choose to convert their
partnership to a marriage.

- - - - - -

In Swedish law, there are barriers to marriage:

● Age - If you are under 18 years may not marry without permission
● Relationship - You who are close relatives should not get married with each other.
● You already married must not include new marriage. The same applies if
you are registered under previous laws.

Source: http://www.skatteverket.se/folkbokforing/ovrigt/aktenskap.4.18e1b10334ebe8bc80004956.html

I think the difference is only in what obtained in 2007 and what is happening in Sweden since May 1, 2009.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by na2day2(m): 11:58pm On Jun 06, 2009
huxley2:

On what basis is incest illegal? Is it illegal because it is immoral and if so what makes it immoral? Why is it immoral?

thank u, thank u. oya, make una answer
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by C2H5OH(f): 12:33am On Jun 07, 2009
huxley2:

On what basis is incest illegal?
Incest (or several variations of incest) can be illegal depending on your jurisdiction. Consult the local government office near you.
Is it illegal because it is immoral

Laws are written for many reasons - most usually to protect people from harm. Laws are written to ascertain the will of the people. Laws also reflect their morals and codes of conduct. Laws communicate what is tolerable or intolerable. If the people occupying a particular country find incest immoral, it is logical that they would implement a law to ban it.

It could also be due to the defects that can occur at birth. And by that it would be for the greater benefit of the people to implement a law to proibit the act from taking place.

Why is it immoral?
As I presented above, there are quite a few possible reasons why it could be considered immoral to a people. It could also be immoral based on your personal standards or religious values.

Now injecting some personal vendetta into the matter. Don't you find it disgusting? I am grossed out by it. It makes my stomach turn just thinking about it.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by No2Atheism(m): 5:54am On Jun 07, 2009
Legality does not imply Morality.

Something can be completely legal and at the same time completely immoral

One of the Herodian Kings committed something close to incest (by marrying his brothers wife), even though as King it was legal for him to do so, cus he's the one who makes the law. Nevertheless that still did not make it right.

Incest is wrong, it is no longer permitted due to the genetical problems it creates (The Creator allowed it for a while cus it was necessary for procreation and population growth before human genes degradation and rampant immorality kicked in). It was permitted during the early civilisations because their genes were stronger than what we have today and also because it was a means of population growth.

At least cousins would have married each other within the family of Noah for the world population to have become swelled again, hence i think there is a spiritual and biological and moral angle as to why incest is no longer permitted.

That was why Abraham was not punished for marrying Sarah (who was His Sister). Simply because during their time and age. It was considered normal by biology, morals and population growth issues.

The genetical problems that occur from incest are easily seen in America's South and some other parts of the world.

Men it really is weird that most of all these hideous activities seems to occur a lot amongst Caucasians.

Yes there is also incest in Africa, yet it seems to be very prevalent amongst Whites.
Yes there is bestiality amongst Africans, yet it also seems to be prevalent amongst Whites.
Yes there is also homosexuality amongst Africans, yet it also seems to be prevalent amongst Whites.
If my memory serves me right its seems the issue of Oral/Anal sex seems to be more prevalent amongst Whites than Blacks.
Racism also became more and more prevalent during the start of the political reign of modern day Caucasians starting from about 500yrs ago.

So the questions is this

What exactly is it that is wrong with these Caucasians that they seem to be coming up with one depraved addiction after another so much so that they ultimately infect the whole world with it.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by adef1(m): 8:29am On Jun 07, 2009
Hi guys,

First time commentator on this thread.

@Oyinda, you show extreme depth in your thoughts which I find refreshing. Everything you've said makes complete sense. Lets push your thought-process further,

1. The ratio of gay to heterosexuals is heavily balanced in favour of heteros at the moment. Do you see a time in the very very very (exponetial) distant future where that ratio could change?

2. Nature by its very design considers ALL permutations, due to the adaptability of its species to their respective environment. As per reproduction (which is essentially the topic of this thread) we have Man, Woman, Boy, Girl, Baby Boy, Baby Girl, Animals (in all forms). Single digit IQ would be able to combine all the possible scenarios, which possibly explains some of the examples we have had since the begining of time.

Is it morally right? That's left for society to decide, I guess. Let's not forget however that the same societal views differ from culture to culture and indeed civilization to civilization. But from nature's point of view: There's no right or wrong. There's never been a right or wrong.

Your Views,
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by ow11(m): 9:26am On Jun 07, 2009
ade.f:

Is it morally right? That's left for society to decide, I guess. Let's not forget however that the same societal views differ from culture to culture and indeed civilization to civilization. But from nature's point of view: There's no right or wrong. There's never been a right or wrong.

I quite agree with this point. However, I do think that the environment one grows up in can influence a person's sexual orientation.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by rhymz(m): 9:29am On Jun 07, 2009
Michelin89,if we were to agree to ur arguement then we'll be inclusive & then make sure dat paedophiles,act of bestiality,bisexualz,kleptomaniac,polygamy,act of incest,child Indecency etc getz protectionz 4rm d law,letz say dey get lucky with it.Now tell us,what is d promise for such a society where there's an open display of affection btw man & man,man & child,man and animal-note when i say man,i mean male and females-it's obvious U re gay & wont see reasons in commonsens,dis is pure psychology.If i train a child to know a chair as a table & evry1 around him referz to chairz as tables,dere's notin any1 can tel him dat wil make him think otherwise.This is exactly what am talkin about, homosexual propagandist ve come up with some very interesting & convincing whitewash peddled with political backings,cloaked with enormous sympathy for dier cause so dat in a bid to try to understand them U throw away all caution to d windz as they ve alwayz made thier story as dat of d victim.But with all dese,it's still not right
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by huxley2(m): 9:44am On Jun 07, 2009
C2H5OH:

Incest (or several variations of incest) can be illegal depending on your jurisdiction. Consult the local government office near you.
Laws are written for many reasons - most usually to protect people from harm. Laws are written to ascertain the will of the people. Laws also reflect their morals and codes of conduct. Laws communicate what is tolerable or intolerable. If the people occupying a particular country find incest immoral, it is logical that they would implement a law to ban it.

It could also be due to the defects that can occur at birth. And by that it would be for the greater benefit of the people to implement a law to proibit the act from taking place.
As I presented above, there are quite a few possible reasons why it could be considered immoral to a people. It could also be immoral based on your personal standards or religious values.

Now injecting some personal vendetta into the matter. Don't you find it disgusting? I am grossed out by it. It makes my stomach turn just thinking about it.

Am afraid, but you have not answered the questions, but simply restated the fact that it (incest) is considered illegal and immoral in most countries. I was asking for why most societies consider incest immoral.

Take for instance, if I had asked why thieving is considered immoral in most societies, you could say - because it deprives a property owner of their possession. In the same vein, why is incest immoral? Whose rights or properties does incest violates?
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Sagamite(m): 9:50am On Jun 07, 2009
huxley2:

Am afraid, but you have not answered the questions, but simply restated the fact that it (incest) is considered illegal and immoral in most countries. I was asking for why most societies consider incest immoral.

Take for instance, if I had asked why thieving is considered immoral in most societies, you could say - because it deprives a property owner of their possession. In the same vein, why is incest immoral? Whose rights or properties does incest violates?

Mainly because they are disgusted by it. It is a law based on morality.

Minorly because they could be possibly negative defect of an offspring from an incestual relationship.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by huxley2(m): 9:56am On Jun 07, 2009
Sagamite:

Mainly because they are disgusted by it. It is a law based on morality.

Minorly because they could be possibly negative defect of an offspring from an incestual relationship.

I see, but should we found our legal systems on the disgust factor of certain acts? I am disgusted by people who eat snails - so should we consider the eating of snails immoral?

There is some mileage in the argument about the risk of offspring defects, but we still get millions of children born each year with defects from parents who are not related. Take for instance, should we legislate against parents who are carriers of sickle-cell anaemia having children because of the risk of their offsprings developing fullblown anaemia?
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Sagamite(m): 10:52am On Jun 07, 2009
huxley2:

I see, but should we found our legal systems on the disgust factor of certain acts? I am disgusted by people who eat snails - so should we consider the eating of snails immoral?

If you can convince enough people to see reason to your disgust then you might be successful.

huxley2:

There is some mileage in the argument about the risk of offspring defects, but we still get millions of children born each year with defects from parents who are not related. Take for instance, should we legislate against parents who are carriers of sickle-cell anaemia having children because of the risk of their offsprings developing fullblown anaemia?

Shhhhhh  . . . . . . . don't say it out yet, that would have been my logical argument against the gay promoters but it appears they have all disappeared. I was just teasing and T-ing them up to come and argue some crap, now you have spoilt it tongue. It would have been fun to see them try and justify the ban without admitting that it is based on morality.  grin

It goes back to my statement above:

"Mainly because they are disgusted by it. It is a law based on morality."

The logic is morality, not birth defects, so the people they worship, insatiably want to be like and always want the rest of us to also follow blindly (the White West) do make laws based on morality. But yet the Regurgitating Brigade want to condemn us for making laws based on morality.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jun 07, 2009

Yes, I agree.

Obviously nudist have a better claim for acceptance than homosexuals.

If you say so.

Are nudists, bestialists and incestors not people like us? You think they have green blood? But we rightfully banned them based on our moral filters.

Bestialists, incestors are not banned on moral groung but on a juridical ground. What they do is commit a crime by taking advantage of someone or something that is not in the position to object. Most incestuous cases are rape of a father/mother over their children who somehow comply because they are in a position of subordination and suggestion.

No 1, where did you see me saying I am ready to kill for? You are running out of logic?

I use esaggerations to prove my point. It's called hyperbole dear but it's not far from the truth. Do you tell Nigerians would walk pass two guys showing affection? Ahahhahah! I am so into logic.

As long as they keep it to their bedrooms they are surely safe and even protected by the law because if you can't prove the act, they are untouchable.

They are not protected. They can be accused at anytime by anybody. Nigerians don't condone homosexuality and it's likely they are found guilty. The State must make sure homosexuality is not regarded as a crime despite it's not morally accepted.

So we don't want them exposing their filth in our society.

The basic acceptance you are advocating, I object to because I am smart enough to know it is just an insidious beginning. It will not be long before we start talking about gay adoption, marriage, inclusion in our kids curricullum etc if we in Nigeria accept any form of legal acceptance of faggotism.

They are talks. They talk. They are doing the same everywhere, but if the majority is called to vote and says they don't want it, then fine. But you can't stop them from demanding. They have the right to demand.

The same rights I have to stop incest, bestiality and necrophilia.

You have no right to stop anything. What power have you got? Ahahahha! Goodness, na who dash you the power to choose who stays and who leaves?

Unfortunately, you are not yet clued up to the reality that NO society can cater for where every individual can choose freely to live as they want. Every society regulates based on justice, morals and orderliness. EVERY society does it.

Don't confuse State and society, they are not the same. Laws must be respected by everyone and but ideals are simply opinions. They regulate the society and we don't need a majority for an ideal to oustand the others. A few loud people are more than enough.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jun 07, 2009
@ David

Ahahahha! Na you know.

@rhymz

Bestilists, pedophiles, rapists are all criminals. They don't seek the other part's consense before carrying out the sexual intercourse. Can you stop posting stupid and ignorant comments? If you don't know what makes something moral or legal, quit posting.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by ILOCHUDI(m): 4:01pm On Jun 07, 2009
@ sagamite
  i think the ( white west) as u put it do make their laws mainly cos they value their freedom more to what people think  is right and normal than we ( the black east). What is rly moral to you might not be to the other person. Try to think of if that which you are claiming to be immoral really affects you OR JUST THAT YOU CANT STAND IT.
  People are trying to be free and happy not caged and unhappy and living in a hypocritical  and pretended environment.
 Remeber that you were being considered cos of ur coloured skin to be a slave, even it was claimed that the bible made it right ( the sons of HAM shall be hewers of wood), but people wanted freedom and acceptance.
THAT IS CIVILISATION
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jun 07, 2009
ILOCHUDI:

@ sagamite
  i think the ( white west) as u put it do make their laws mainly cos they value their freedom more to what people think  is right and normal than we ( the black east). What is rly moral to you might not be to the other person. Try to think of if that which you are claiming to be immoral really affects you OR JUST THAT YOU CANT STAND IT.
  People are trying to be free and happy not caged and unhappy and living in a hypocritical  and pretended environment.
 Remeber that you were being considered cos of ur coloured skin to be a slave, even it was claimed that the bible made it right ( the sons of HAM shall be hewers of wood), but people wanted freedom and acceptance.
THAT IS CIVILISATION

Thank you.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Sagamite(m): 4:41pm On Jun 07, 2009
michelin89:

If you say so.

It is not a matter of "if I say so". Logic says so!!!

You can't beat the logic. And I think you know it

michelin89:

Bestialists, incestors are not banned on moral groung but on a juridical ground. What they do is commit a crime by taking advantage of someone or something that is not in the position to object. Most incestuous cases are rape of a father/mother over their children who somehow comply because they are in a position of subordination and suggestion.

No! It is on moral grounds but disguised under risk to offspring from the association. It is because they are disgusted as any paedophilic law is sufficient enough to cover any incestuous rape.

IMO, incestuous cases are mainly between brothers and sisters. Most of the West find that disgusting and banned it, rightfully so in my opinion. Some even ban amongst cousins.

As for bestiality, if the animal is feeling pleasure what right do they have to ban it? I think the world is advanced enough to know if an animal objects or not to the interaction and if it is pleasured, since it can not talk obviously, will the law approve of it? NO! The disgust factor enough is what will make the person be thrown in jail. It is a morality law, not some lame excuse to protect animals.

michelin89:

I use esaggerations to prove my point. It's called hyperbole dear but it's not far from the truth. Do you tell Nigerians would walk pass two guys showing affection? Ahahhahah! I am so into logic.

No, it is strawman argument. Normally used when the source is struggling in an debate. It is a natural defensive human technique to dislodge superior argument.

Focus on my points, no need to attribute opinions that are not mine to me.

michelin89:

They are not protected. They can be accused at anytime by anybody. Nigerians don't condone homosexuality and it's likely they are found guilty. The State must make sure homosexuality is not regarded as a crime despite it's not morally accepted.

Innocent until proven guilty is practiced in Nigeria as well. Accusation is not prove of guilt.

I never bothered about what homosexuals were doing before, but with the gay terrorism that is sweeping the West and their obvious aspirations to force it down our throat in Africa and evry part of the world, I am in full support of making it a crime.

michelin89:

They are talks. They talk. They are doing the same everywhere, but if the majority is called to vote and says they don't want it, then fine. But you can't stop them from demanding. They have the right to demand.

And the majority of Nigerians would want homos to be stoned to death, but the rational ones out of us that can also spot the negative consequence (i.e. pity and emotional playing field that can convert objection to support) are against that and will advocate a jail sentence instead if proven.

michelin89:

You have no right to stop anything. What power have you got? Ahahahha! Goodness, na who dash you the power to choose who stays and who leaves?

I repeat, if I can get enough people to support my views, I have a right to ban it.

michelin89:

Don't confuse State and society, they are not the same. Laws must be respected by everyone and but ideals are simply opinions. They regulate the society and we don't need a majority for an ideal to oustand the others. A few loud people are more than enough.

The State, in a democracy, is accepted to represent the society's ideals.

True, the most vocal camp tends to win most of the time. And the most vocal camp in Nigeria is not the "camp" camp.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (39) (Reply)

Pope Francis Meets With Nigerian Prostitutes Rescued In Italy / David, Sam Adeyemi Son Graduates From Emory University (Photo) / Ogun Demolishes Redeemed Church Building As Worshippers Lament (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.