Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,241 members, 7,923,198 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 08:16 PM

Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? - Religion (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? (39588 Views)

Can Christians Really Be Friends And Connect With Those Of Other Faiths? / Born Gay? It's Not Your Fault / Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by SEFAGO(m): 5:05pm On Sep 24, 2009
Shut up, if you are not engage yourself to understand reasons for things or historical exchanges then don't comment stupidly on it.

Do you see me applying the same approach to others? Coming up with stupid assertions. Did you bother to find out why I am attacking his school?

SEFAGO is getting the medicine to tame his stupid, overvalued self. He caught my eye with his posts (most of which he has deleted now) advising others on the education system. But I also saw that he felt so hot that he was disparaging achievements of others e.g. was when chiogo was announced as valedictorian and everyone was congratulating and encouraging with "well done", "we are so proud of you" and this arrogant prick came into the thread to be screaming what is the big deal and people should stop celebrating mediocrity. Another was when it was posted that a Nigerian kid got a Phd in record time in the UK and everyone was happy to hear that and this prick again came with the same disparaging dins like if he can do better.

That was when I started wondering if this guy was some wonderboy from Harvard, Yale or Stanford with a big head to put down other achievers achievement.

Then my first interaction with him was in the Sanusi sackings thread where he came in to say a lot of folks are not smart, that smart people like him would make a good president. He went on to belittle Soludo and gave us a lecture of what policies he would have set as CBN governor and quickly pointing out to the audience that he knows all these despite not even studying economics as a degree and has not graduated in the one he is doing. And I was thinking this prick has the audacity to be arrogating what men with years and fantastic track record in economics should be doing. Soludo has even been tutoring people that are miles more intelligent than him in Oxford and Cambridge (but I guess that is irrelevant because according to his own scoring system his university is better) but yet he feels he knows better than him. I spotted his weakness in substance when he started arrogating the Head of Risk in a bank cannot know much about banking and the economy. Just showed me that this is a boy that knows nothing about the corporate life.

He not only did that, but he went on rambling about how he was more intelligent than most people and I advised him to curb it, that his arrogance is not much of a big deal but he should watch who to use it to and when to use it or else it would be a weakness. He went on with some further disparaging dins and that was when he talked about his university scoring system but I decided to ignore him and just laugh it off.

Then in the MBA thread he came again with his unsubstantiated arrogance and even went as far as indirectly telling me that my opinion is rubbish and he the smart one blah blah blah. I was overghasted and flabberwhelmed and very scared I was I interacting with a Harvard prodigy.  Grin Grin Grin He went on with blah blah vitriol against me, which I ignored to save a brilliant thread and warned him he had no self-awareness (evidence in his stupidity here when he asserted he is demonstrating "maturity"wink.

So I decided to exploit the weakness I warned him about (his uncontrolled arrogance) and teased out the university I suspected he attended that is swelling his head he is the world's Don Capone. He fell for it like a sucker because he obviously is not as smart as he thinks he is.

By then, I knew he was just some above average little boy that thinks he is special,

LOL LOL LOL. By the way listen to fela kuti's roforofo fight- a man I greatly admire regardless of the  what he did in his lifetime because he was an intellectual- he knew exactly what was wrong with his countrymen. We are both equally guilty in my own opinion of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmwOAuJPmoM

Then my first interaction with him was in the Sanusi sackings thread where he came in to say a lot of folks are not smart, that smart people like him would make a good president. He went on to belittle Soludo and gave us a lecture of what policies he would have set as CBN governor and quickly pointing out to the audience that he knows all these despite not even studying economics as a degree and has not graduated in the one he is doing.

Read a lot of your posts compare them to mine very similar in hubris and arrogance. They are no different, infact, I am beginning to think we are the same. You write at night and I do during the day (from my perspective, split personality). Oh shit, I forgot, I dont  present arguments like an 8 year old. Ooops theory discarded. 

Example:
ctrume, you get what you pay for.

The criteria of affordability and friendliness would not add value. Also what would be my judgement tool for friendliness to rate the universities?

Believe me, a lot of the crap schools would be very friendly.

How difficult it is to enter a university strongly correlates with the strength of the university.

If you make the grade requirements and are good at presenting yourself, you can enter any university.

Oxford and Cambridge (Oxbridge) are more likely than UCL to focus on rigorous logical and structured thinking/arguments when they converse with you. Just know your stuff and be able to stand out rather than be another ordinary model from a mass production factory.

Did any UCL graduate come and start asking you, what school did you go to. Considering the fact that it is definitely not oxbridge prolly in the warwick---> down category. It is a probably a slightly prestigious school (I hope so for all the mouth you are making at my mediocre school that it is at least top 5  grin), I can tell from your post, your knowledge of other schools suggest somewhat exposure to the elite.
Agreed that oxbridge is really the only university in the UK that teaches critical thinking but why do you have to undervalue UCL  grin grin grin. You need more evidence of your arrogance?

He went on with blah blah vitriol against me, which I ignored to save a brilliant thread and warned him he had no self-awareness (evidence in his stupidity here when he asserted he is demonstrating "maturity"wink.

It is interesting how infactual your recount of your encounter with my great  mind was  grin

See you think like me, just less articulate.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by SEFAGO(m): 5:19pm On Sep 24, 2009
we are so proud of you" and this arrogant prick came into the thread to be screaming what is the big deal and people should stop celebrating mediocrity.

na lie I talk, when asians are valedictorians at Andover, exeter, choate, deerfield it is public school I would be applauding for. I respect what she did, I was never valedictorian but that doesn't mean I wouldn't speak my mind. I am not proud of my achievements, but strive to be proud of my country- so I want my countrymen to be better and i do it in a way that comes out as arrogant- na crime. Did you see in that post where i said I have achieved more than chiogo. Of course not, why should I (she is the least of my problems rite now anyways).

Infact, a lot of people applauded my achievements getting into mediocre schools (As I said i consider Upenn, cornell, dartmouth and my less-esteemed school mediocre)  and guess what i told my mum : "Mum stop clapping at mediocrity, It wasn't as if i won scholarships everywhere there, I belive we should only applaud for the best of the best- never one of the best. That is my opinion, it might be immature,  or ignorant, but that is me.

Nigerian kid got a Phd in record time in the UK and everyone was happy to hear that and this prick again came with the same disparaging dins like if he can do better

Na lie I talk, yeah I obviously can't do the same thing. you obviously know everything abt me. That wasn't even the point. To quote the esteemed scholar becomrich "you miss it"

Exposure to the outside world makes you aware of the mediocrity in your country. You have to speak out about it, not out of personal pride but patriotism. I might be brash, and youthfully exuberant  grin but nothing in your post made me feel inferior. See how deepsight attacked my arguments, I dont want to know what school he went to- his argument suggests intellect. Yours did not have one bit- only outright jealousy and insecurity. keep my school there as long as you want Agbaya You are just making it more famous  cool

Nigerians for example mention the inventor of GAGUT theory as if he is a real scientist- GAGUT theory is a fabrication. I said it- now start talking about my school. People talk about emeagwali as the founder of the internet, another fabrication- I said it, come and insult me again. I should attack any misconception or lies not for me self-aggrandizement, but for the welfare of my people. I havnt found those threads yet, but when I find them I will argue in them with gusto. You are invited  wink

Sit down, and talk, you don't know me, and you don't even know how far I have come or where I am going to. Judge me by my school . Your opinions wouldn't determine how far I am going. mate you should learn from me: Wisdom is ageless

You think you learned a lot about me, you just learned what i presented on the internet. I told you, how courteous I am in reality, if you know me well enough, you would learn that i don't hate people for no reason. I don't dislike or hate you yet, you are just venting your frustration online.  By the way did you see the chimp  cool (cheeky) 

i am enjoying every bit of my medicine, where is the next dose, I can't wait  grin

Speaking of someone who hates pedophiles, and wants to flog me. Irony  wink

What do you want me to call you now "Sir"

I feel we should end this and address the thread, You think I am pompous (you are actually true in some regards), I think you are an ass  undecided(please try and prove me otherwise)

Disclaimer: I am totally ignorant and mediocre so no one should insult me, I am not worth it-everyone on nairaland knows more than i do. i am just stating what my below average mind thinks.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by SEFAGO(m): 5:48pm On Sep 24, 2009
Animals are not homosexual within the context of homosexual desire and

You are perfectly right, I was hoping no one would see that really large loophole in my argument. Animals do have sex with the same gender, but sometimes for biological purposes, like to make themselves more attractive to the other gender and increase reproduction. Homosexual humans don't do that and it serves no biological purpose. See how to put people to shame grin.

However, I would come back, with a stronger argument for people being born as homosexuals. yep, the animal theory is very very weak I admit. I was only going to admit it when I got a good argument against it. I don't step down, until I am actually even when I know I am wrong until someone tells me the real reason why I am wrong. The OP did. But Hold on.

While I am at it- is anyone here gay? I feel they are the only ones that have the right to comment on it. They know what it means to be gay, we are just making conjectures. They can prolly make the most objective comments because they know why they are attracted to the same gender. I actually never asked a gay person that. All I know is from books, and some interactions with gays but not like outright questions

This is why i said that the second premise is a mis-characterization of an exception as a rule. It should properly have read: "Some animals engage in homosexuality" - thus making it clear that homosexuality is not necessarily the norm within the animal sub-set.

Just saw this one, again I was waiting for someone to pull this up. You are definitely a lawyer  grin grin grin. Another big loophole. I can now understand why people get angry when they are outclassed, I am becoming to dislike you already deepsight  angry smiley smiley smiley (joking)

I think I would have to using another field to support my arguments since the animal behavior theory just got raped,  grin. But I need time
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by trekkie: 10:42pm On Sep 25, 2009
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by DeepSight(m): 8:26pm On Sep 26, 2009
Sefago, you have not come back with the stronger arguments you promised.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by bawomolo(m): 11:39pm On Sep 26, 2009
Animals do have sex with the same gender, but sometimes for biological purposes, like to make themselves more attractive to the other gender and increase reproduction. Homosexual humans don't do that and it serves no biological purpose.

umm there are actually attention whores who do such things. especially women claiming to be bi. There are indeed animals who have same with the same gender and aren't attracted to the opposite sex.

It's funny how ignorant people are about sexual behavior.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by SEFAGO(m): 11:59pm On Sep 26, 2009
Sefago, you have not come back with the stronger arguments you promised.

Sorry man  it is school work that is worrying me now. IWhen my workload is less, i would present some points, i think that should suggest the possibilty of homosexuals being born like that.

There are indeed animals who have same with the same gender and aren't attracted to the opposite sex.

Yeah that is true, larger than those who use it for biological reasons, but I think using sexual behavior wuld be difficult because of the problem of how to classify homosexuality. I discarded it for that reason, if you read on research about animal homosexuality, you would notice how the scientist become really flighty when you ask them for the exact definition of homosexual behavior. You will also have to consider, that animals don't have sex regularly like humans and so most homosexual animals might not be homosexual throughput their lifespan unlike gay humans. The major problem with this argument is the significant leap of logic which involves extrapolating animal sexual behavior to human sexual behavior.

It is true that both animals and humans engage in homosexual activities, however they are not the  same when placed in the exact context. That is the strongest fault in the animal sex behavior. Humans engage in rational homosexual behavior (they think through it b4 they actually engage in it) the question is why? As someone pointed out, why would you want to be gay, despite all the prejudices associated with it?
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Gamine(f): 12:16am On Sep 27, 2009
i must state without much ado that although i previously had a murderous attitude to the very idea that any person could be gay, i concede that it is patently obvious, and also empirically verified, that some persons have abnormal hormonal imbalances which affect their sexual orientation. Some men have degrees of female hormones that render them effeminate, and some women (beard and all) have degrees of male hormones that render them mannish, and thus inclined to become lesbians. This is a scientific fact, and no person can contest this.

But in summary - it's ceratinly abnormal and unnatural and perhaps scientific solutions (such as hormonal re-balancing) should be sought.

i dont totally agree with this.

As someone once said to me about when she decided she wanted kids "I went to the club, looked for a guy and f**ked him!". Purely mechanical, one does not need to be attracted to a person to have sexual intercourse with them.

True.
But you cannot cheat nature. LOL!!!
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by bawomolo(m): 12:46am On Sep 27, 2009
^^

what's nature to you guys. your preconceived assumptions about sexuality?

You will also have to consider, that animals don't have sex regularly like humans and so most homosexual animals might not be homosexual throughput their lifespan unlike gay humans

just like animals have different sexual behavior, humans do. Dolphins have sex for fun just like humans. Sexuality isn't as simple as people try to make it be.

The whole nature argument is BS
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Gamine(f): 1:05am On Sep 27, 2009
@Bawomolo

Kilo ruko eh olu abi wetin?

Did you read my earlier post?

Every Living thing is hardwired to reproduce itself

if you like be objectosexual, when you need a child ----> back to square one.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by SEFAGO(m): 1:24am On Sep 27, 2009
Kilo ruko eh olu abi wetin?

hehe
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by MadMax1(f): 10:53am On Sep 27, 2009
bawomolo:

umm there are actually attention whores who do such things. especially women claiming to be bi.

Women who claim to be bi? Look how smug you sound, like you've been a woman before and overcame, and so know all about it. Bawolomo. J. Freud

@Gamine
Whose pompous quote is that in your previous post.Not everyone wants a kid.But those who do and aren't 'straight' generally don't have sex against the grain to get one. There are sperm banks, surrogate motherhood,adoption,etc. Nature ke? What's that?
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Gamine(f): 6:59pm On Sep 27, 2009
@Gamine
Whose pompous quote is that in your previous post.Not everyone wants a kid.But those who do and aren't 'straight' generally don't have sex against the grain to get one. There are sperm banks, surrogate motherhood,adoption,etc. Nature ke? What's that?

Well according to Ebumowa, they do. (quote in my post)

About 'nature', nature only dictates how a specie will be reproduced
hence the attraction to the opposite sex for many,
but sexuality is different.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by MadMax1(f): 7:33pm On Sep 27, 2009
Lol I meant the 'patently obvious and empirically verified' quote proposing 'scientific solutions.'
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by DeepSight(m): 8:52pm On Sep 27, 2009
^^^ Yes, it was me, you wanna go read it again. . .?
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Gamine(f): 9:02pm On Sep 27, 2009
Lol I meant the 'patently obvious and empirically verified' quote proposing 'scientific solutions.'

^^^ Yes, it was me, you wanna go read it again. . .?

LOL, right.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 04, 2009
bawomolo:

just like animals have different sexual behavior, humans do. Dolphins have sex for fun just like humans.

Yes. . . to be properly GAY, you have to IMITATE THE ANIMALS. . . not so??
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by saraj(f): 3:03am On Oct 08, 2009
I have two cousins who are gay (one whis is very open and one not so open,
because of his parents) I knew they were not interested in women since I was
5 yrs old because they always wanted to play with my barbie dolls, my little
ponies, and they always did my hair up!!!) Plus when we were playing King
and Queen they always wanted to be Queen and thats big give away.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by MrCrackles(m): 3:09am On Oct 08, 2009
TOPIC
No way!
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Gamine(f): 11:41am On Oct 08, 2009
sara j:

I have two cousins who are gay (one whis is very open and one not so open,
because of his parents) I knew they were not interested in women since I was
5 yrs old because they always wanted to play with my barbie dolls, my little
ponies, and they always did my hair up!!!) Plus when we were playing King
and Queen they always wanted to be Queen and thats big give away.

this doesn't follow.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by buster(m): 10:17am On Nov 03, 2009
hmnnnnnnnn, here it from a real Gay
Ever since am a kid, av got some kind of female instincts and character. I always want to apply make up, put on a skirt and catwalk like models on the runway. Well when i got into high school i noticed i get an erection anytime a guy comes near me. I prayed over it but it wouldnt stop.Not until i made some findings that i know am gay. I thought it never existed in nigeria until i came across. a guy on a dating gay site. Its not something am proud of, but ididnt make myself gay. it just came coming, av got no feeling for a lady.I talked to doctor who told me that is excess of female hormones in a guy. We shouldnt be hated, instead we should be loved, its not something am proud of but what can i do?
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Sagamite(m): 11:03am On Nov 03, 2009
buster:

Ever since am a kid, av got some kind of female instincts and character. I always want to apply make up, put on a skirt and catwalk like models on the runway. Well when i got into high school i noticed i get an erection anytime a guy comes near me. I prayed over it but it wouldnt stop.Not until i made some findings that i know am gay. I thought it never existed in nigeria until i came across. a guy on a dating gay site. Its not something am proud of, but ididnt make myself gay. it just came coming, av got no feeling for a lady.I talked to doctor who told me that is excess of female hormones in a guy. We shouldnt be hated, instead we should be loved, its not something am proud of but what can i do?

You should not be hated, you should not be loved, you should be helped.

Something is wrong with the way you turned out.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Sauron1: 2:15pm On Nov 03, 2009
buster:

U musta grown up in the wrong environment.
Jesus Wept. . . . . . U need HELP.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Krayola(m): 2:24pm On Nov 03, 2009
shocked shocked Sauron is a homophobe? so so sad sad
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Sauron1: 2:25pm On Nov 03, 2009
Krayola:

shocked shocked Sauron is a homophobe? so so sad sad

I wear it like a badge of honour.
Watching 2 men canoodling in public is repulsive to me. . . . .I dunno about you.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Krayola(m): 2:27pm On Nov 03, 2009
~Sauron~:

Watching 2 men canoodling in public is repulsive to me. . . . .I dunno about you.

what about 2 blacks walking down the street in Texas in the 40s cry
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Sagamite(m): 2:29pm On Nov 03, 2009
~Sauron~:

Give me back my badge, my friend! angry grin grin grin
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Sauron1: 2:29pm On Nov 03, 2009
Sagamite:

Give me back my badge, my friend! angry grin grin grin

No way. The best i can do is to share this badge.

Krayola:

what about 2 blacks walking down the street in Texas in the 40s  cry

What has that gotta do with sexual deviants?
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Krayola(m): 2:34pm On Nov 03, 2009
~Sauron~:

What has that gotta do with sexual deviants?

Everything.

Besides homesexuals, who else (group) would you like to see "helped"?
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Sauron1: 2:35pm On Nov 03, 2009
Krayola:

Everything.

Besides homesexuals, who else (group) would you like to see "helped"?

They are the only group of people i cannot stand.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Krayola(m): 2:38pm On Nov 03, 2009
~Sauron~:

They are the only group of people i cannot stand.

fair enough.

What about noose happy rednecks that can't stand your type? And slave masters that think you should be ploughing and getting whipped because that is what our type should be doing? They have ur seal of approval?
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Sauron1: 2:40pm On Nov 03, 2009
Krayola:

fair enough.

What about noose happy rednecks that can't stand your type? And slave masters that think you should be ploughing and getting whipped because that is what our type should be doing? They have your seal of approval?

In a way, they do have a point.
Nearly every individual is racist. No question about it and the jab about slave masters does not wash with me.
African Chiefs sold those slaves to them in the first place in exchange for mirrors, colognes and barbie dolls.

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (39) (Reply)

Pastor Mrs Folu Adeboye Driving The Husband Pastor Adeboye In A Throwback Photo / The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? / Daddy Freeze Tackles Pastor Funke Adejuwon For Calling Him A 'Fool, Idiot'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.