Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,877 members, 7,942,196 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 11:53 PM

Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? (39635 Views)

Can Christians Really Be Friends And Connect With Those Of Other Faiths? / Born Gay? It's Not Your Fault / Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by C2H5OH(f): 9:29pm On Jun 04, 2009
bawomolo:

who says a thief can't be a lawyer?
who says a person can't choose to be gay?
one can go from being a lawyer to a thief if pushed to the limit. that's the important point to remember.

What circumstances would force me to become gay?  Watching too much teletubbies as a little boy?

since you have chosen to emphasize it solely on the homosexual spectrum, who knows . . . you might have some unusual perversion or fantasy that you want to satisfy.
what i said remains as is: circumstances can lead people to go from one end to another.

a female classmate once told me about an affair she had with her best friend, because she was curious about what it would feel like to be with a woman.  people have their reasons for doing what they do. you can never tell.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by C2H5OH(f): 9:31pm On Jun 04, 2009
michelin89:

cheesy That's what you know, now.

People used to think the earth was flat.

we don't conclude based on hearsay. you provide the scientific proof or whatever other evidence you have to supply and we can all agree with you. until then the speculation will continue to overboil.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by C2H5OH(f): 9:33pm On Jun 04, 2009
you make the decision to express yourself sexually with a man or a woman, a child or an animal - unless you are somehow retarded or something; in which case the government can send you to some asylum where you belong.

To answer your question - You choose because you can.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by bawomolo(m): 9:36pm On Jun 04, 2009
who says a person can't choose to be gay?

because you didn't choose to be straight. you have always have a thing for girls so why can't it be the same for gay/lesbians. Oh wait because they are different, something has to be wrong with them.

a female classmate once told me about an affair she had with her best friend, because she was curious about what it would feel like to be with a woman

translation, a bisexual chick who couldn't hold her feelings any longer. have you ever being curious about men or did you choose to be straight?

circumstances can lead people to go from one end to another.

like being a booty pirate because you are locked up in jail? oh please
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by C2H5OH(f): 9:48pm On Jun 04, 2009
bawomolo:

because you didn't choose to be straight. you have always have a thing for girls so why can't it be the same for gay/lesbians. Oh wait because they are different, something has to be wrong with them.
it could be the same for them. it just goes against mother nature grin . i choose to believe it has more to do with one's environment and how one is nurtured. i dont' see how they can be born gay, when about 90% of everyone else is not. are you saying they are birth defects? grin i would probably agree with you on that then. but show me proof please.

translation, a bisexual chick who couldn't hold her feelings any longer. have you ever being curious about men or did you choose to be straight?
your own translation. my translation: a sexually liberal freak willing to try anything decided to try something out, she realized it wasn't worth it and was back to hopping the penis. she made the choice. why? don't ask me.

like being a booty pirate because you are locked up in jail? oh please
circumstances can lead people to go from one end to another. i have provided examples. i don't see why you have a hard time understanding them.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:51pm On Jun 04, 2009
C2H5OH:

it could be the same for them. it just goes against mother nature grin . i choose to believe it has more to do with one's environment and how one is nurtured. i dont' see how they can be born gay, when about 90% of everyone else is not. are you saying they are birth defects? grin i would probably agree with you on that then. but show me proof please.
your own translation. my translation: a sexually liberal freak willing to try anything decided to try something out, she realized it wasn't worth it and was back to hopping the penis. she made the choice. why? don't ask me.
circumstances can lead people to go from one end to another. i have provided examples. i don't see why you have a hard time understanding them.
Can you show us how it goes against mother nature?
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by C2H5OH(f): 9:52pm On Jun 04, 2009
mother nature tends toward procreation dear friend. a penis into a vagina. biology/human sexuality 101.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jun 04, 2009
C2H5OH:

mother nature tends toward procreation dear friend. a penis into a vagina. biology/human sexuality 101.

And who said pleasure was not nautral as well?
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by C2H5OH(f): 10:01pm On Jun 04, 2009
michelin89:

And who said pleasure was not nautral as well?
pleasure is natural. there are unnatural/arguably natural forms of pleasure.
rape is also a form of pleasure then, is it not?  does that make it admirable?

given the sequence of events that unfold in this life, i don't see why anyone should be anymore surprised by the choices that people make.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by oyinda3(f): 10:05pm On Jun 04, 2009
yes a person can be born gay. I think the problem is that ppl in the US and west in general tend to overemphasize the sexual aspect of homosexuality.
how about their social behavior ie their speech pattern, the way they move and carry themselves anybody could know that they don't fit perfectly into any one gender category. they occupy a space that's not clearly socially defined as male or female.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jun 04, 2009
C2H5OH:

rape is also a form of pleasure then, is it not?  does that make it admirable?

given the sequence of events that unfold in this life, i don't see why anyone should be anymore surprised by the choices that people make.

You can't compare homosexuality to rape. They are on two different levels.

How do you determine what pleasure is just and which one is wrong?
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jun 04, 2009
@topic

Societal influence has a lot to do with it.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by C2H5OH(f): 10:09pm On Jun 04, 2009
michelin89:

You can't compare homosexuality to rape. They are on two different levels.

How do you determine what pleasure is just and which one is wrong?
haha yes i can, in the form that you presented your question it was proper and valid.

the government has instituted laws that define which forms of pleasure are just and wrong.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:09pm On Jun 04, 2009
mother nature tends toward procreation dear friend.  a penis into a vagina.  biology/human sexuality 101.
True that is assuming sex just achieves that purpose alone, accidentally it also involves loads of pleasure and creates bonds between couples, do you think the other two are not as important as the first?
I am not sure if you answered about consciously choosing your sexual orientation, can you actually remember making the decision?
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by C2H5OH(f): 10:11pm On Jun 04, 2009
oyinda.:

yes a person can be born gay. I think the problem is that ppl in the US and west in general tend to overemphasize the sexual aspect of homosexuality.
how about their social behavior ie their speech pattern, the way they move and carry themselves anybody could know that they don't fit perfectly into any one gender category. they occupy a space that's not clearly socially defined as male or female.

where is your proof?  if you provide proof of this you will become a martyr in the gay community.  an iconic figure like MLK, Malcom X, etc for your groundbreaking finding.  many will worship you.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:13pm On Jun 04, 2009
i choose to believe it has more to do with one's environment and how one is nurtured.
So how come someone like ray boltz is gay?
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by skfa1: 10:13pm On Jun 04, 2009
Poster, i dont need to read ur post answer is CAPITAL NO.

People turn themselves to gay, no one is born gay simple jare.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by busygirl(f): 10:14pm On Jun 04, 2009
Yea some people are[b] born gay[/b]. It is in the genes. That's why NATURE AND NURTURE pose a very big argument in the world of science. The truth is nature and nurture works together, but we don't know the extent or how much one works over the other. Like someone said earlier on this thread, if you do alot of reading on science you would have come across the fact that our genes plays a significant role on who we turn out to be( even for silly things like DIVORCE, STEALING and MURDER). I'm not ignoring the fact that there are environmental factors that contribute as well. We don't choose our genes, we simply act based on the genes expressed. In a kind of way, (As much as genes play a significant role, you can choose not to be a victim. But, this is really hard because it takes alot of practice and determination). Of which, most people cannot do. It is really hard to change who you are. I guess this is where faith/religion comes in. Even if you have gay tendencies and you know it's wrong you can still choose not to go that way by praying, seeking counselling, self control etc. But this will only work for people who admit that they are vulnerable and need help.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jun 04, 2009
C2H5OH:

haha yes i can, in the form that you presented your question it was proper and valid.

the government [/b]has instituted laws that define which forms of pleasure are just and wrong.

Ahahhahaha! That same government that finds pleasure eating their citizen's money? Don't they know that's also an unjust form of pleasure? Pleaseee!

I want you to tell me [b]your
considerations. I could care less about what a bunch of thieves think.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:16pm On Jun 04, 2009
where is your proof?  if you provide proof of this you will become a martyr in the gay community.  an iconic figure like MLK, Malcom X, etc for your groundbreaking finding.  many will worship you.
How about your own ground breaking proof that it is not natural?
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by oyinda3(f): 10:21pm On Jun 04, 2009
where is your proof?
there's really no way to prove that a baby will grow up gay.
just as you can't prove that a baby will grow up straight (or am I wrong?)
may be eventually, there will be a possibility that it can be scientifically proven.

i choose to believe it has more to do with one's environment and how one is nurtured.

no it doesn't have to do with one's environment and how one is nurtured.  wink How else would you explain the presence of gay people in extremely homophobic societies (ie places in Jamaica and nigeria where gay ppl are burned alive)?

mother nature tends toward procreation dear friend.

This is true in general and it explains why homosexuality is not accepted in many parts of the world.
one can also make the argument for the poor treatment of disabled and diseased ppl
but people are people no matter your argument on how these people don't contribute to making the world a "better" place. esp. if their condition is beyond their control
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by C2H5OH(f): 10:22pm On Jun 04, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

True that is assuming sex just achieves that purpose alone, accidentally it also involves loads of pleasure and creates bonds between couples, do you think the other two are not as important as the first?
biologically speaking, yes that is our focus. for the purpose of establishing the truth about this topic.

I am not sure if you answered about consciously choosing your sexual orientation, can you actually remember making the decision?
i don't remember making that decision, do you? that's why i mentioned nurture, perversion, and the environment.

my thing is, you can choose who to express yourself with sexually.

Yea some people are born gay. It is in the genes.
what genes? science experts would be disappointed in you.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by C2H5OH(f): 10:25pm On Jun 04, 2009
michelin89:

Ahahhahaha! That same government that finds pleasure eating their citizen's money? Don't they know that's also an unjust form of pleasure? Pleaseee!

I want you to tell me your considerations. I could care less about what a bunch of thieves think.
if we're to throw out the government or what society considers vile, then basically anything one finds enjoyable or pleasurable is a matter of individual taste.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by blazingtw: 10:28pm On Jun 04, 2009
I am sorry, no one is born Gay. You are either born white or Black. You are taught to be Gay. The bible says when you do things that are not pleasing to God sexually, he will turn away from you so people with start sleeping with each other. We are to save sex until marriage. If we try this things that are not pleasing then we find out things we don't like.

http://www.entertainmentdock..com/
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by skfa1: 10:30pm On Jun 04, 2009
blazingtw:

I am sorry, no one is born Gay. You are either born white or Black. You are taught to be Gay. The bible says when you do things that are not pleasing to God sexually, he will turn away from you so people with start sleeping with each other. We are to save sex until marriage. If we try this things that are not pleasing then we find out things we don't like.

http://www.entertainmentdock..com/

You can say that again bro, thanks
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by oyinda3(f): 10:32pm On Jun 04, 2009
skfa1 & blazingtw, you guys sound so ignorant embarassed
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:48pm On Jun 04, 2009
I am sorry, no one is born Gay. You are either born white or Black. You are taught to be Gay.
Still begs the question, how could ray boltz be taught? the countless priests bishops etc that are gay, care to answer that?

biologically speaking, yes that is our focus. for the purpose of establishing the truth about this topic.
No you are wrong, biologically it exists well into the animal kingdom, it surely has nothing to do with pervasiveness you cannot separate pleasure and bonding from it.

i don't remember making that decision, do you?

Good, why then do you think those people made a choice?

my thing is, you can choose who to express yourself with sexually.
Your thing would be close to the truth if you have been tempted of giving it to a dude up the ass, I am thinking not, or have you?
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by skfa1: 10:55pm On Jun 04, 2009
@Oyinda

sound so ignorant ? well i dont expect that from you.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by bawomolo(m): 10:57pm On Jun 04, 2009

are oral and anal sex  unnatural forms of pleasure?

what genes?  science experts would be disappointed in you.

which experts??

stillwater:

@topic

Societal influence has a lot to do with it.

the major societal influence is the choice to come out or suppress your feelings like the ted huggard's of this world.

Folks who believe homosexuality is a disease that can be cured in a mormon camp.

, she realized it wasn't worth it and was back to hopping the penis. she made the choice. why? don't ask me.

interesting so she told she is hopping back to penis or is that the illusion u want to believe?
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by C2H5OH(f): 10:58pm On Jun 04, 2009
No you are wrong, biologically it exists well into the animal kingdom, it surely has nothing to do with pervasiveness you cannot separate pleasure and bonding from it.
all these animal kingdom examples.  must we liken all human behaviors to animal exhibitions.  should we eat shit because animals do it too?  or maybe we should lick our asses and call it normal since dogs and cats do so as well.

Good, why then do you think those people made a choice?
i never said that.  but to answer your question, people make choices for whatever reasons influence them to do so.

Your thing would be close to the truth if you have been tempted of giving it to a dude up the ass, I am thinking not, or have you?
i'm sorry, i beg your pardon  undecided  are you saying rapists and pedophiles are being falsely imprisoned since they have no control over who they engage in sexual activity with  
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by oyinda3(f): 11:00pm On Jun 04, 2009
skfa1:

@Oyinda

sound so ignorant ? well i dont expect that from you.

why don't you?
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by C2H5OH(f): 11:00pm On Jun 04, 2009
bawomolo:

are oral and anal sex  unnatural forms of pleasure?
is an adult having sex with a child a natural form of pleasure?

which experts??
the ones that have dedicated their whole professional lives to finding out if gay genes exist.  suddenly we have this person here telling us it does.  to them she is a lifesaver.  with that proof handy, this topic would be owned!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply)

Rev Fr. Mbaka Arrives At St Andrew’s Abbey, Monastery, Los Angeles (Pix, Video) / Pastor Ephraim Ononye Sprays Dollars As Church Member Dedicates Quadruplets / The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.