Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,138 members, 7,907,119 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 12:52 AM

Am I Being Too Irrational? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am I Being Too Irrational? (2543 Views)

He Couldnt Even Wait To Excort me. Am I Being Used? Help! / Does This Edo Man Really Love Me Or Am I Being Used (foreign Woman) / Does My Ex Want Me Back Or Am I Being Used? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Being Too Irrational? by luvbooks(f): 12:11am On Jun 04, 2009
Hello everyone  !!! I posted a topic on this link https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-272384.32.html about four weeks ago. 
I think you should read the link before commenting because there's a lot if background history.

Any way, for the benefit of those who have read the story before, I'll continue the story from where it all started again.

On Saturday morning, about 12.00 am or thereabouts, my ex- boyfriend came to my house begging me to forgive him. He went on his knees and apologized for everything that had happened, told me he had broken up with the other girl, and eveything. I was very happy to see him again, but I told him that I was still thinking about it, and that we couldnt really call ourselves an item yet.
So we were ok, until today. I went to my friends house , and we were watching a film when she got a text. When she got it, she was like, "Why is this guy texting me now? " And I asked to see the text. When she did, I saw it was the boy's number. When I saw it, I sort of flipped. Because that day, i'd heard that he broke up with her because he thought she was'nt making any effort to show him that she actually cared about him, but she could'nt really be bothered. She liked him , but she just wasnt used to him yet. I think.

Any way, considering all that has happened, I felt really hurt, because I was thinking about taking him back, and then he's texting her again. Because the way I see it, he cheated on me , in a manner of speaking, the last time he was texting her. And I could practically see eveything happening all over again. If he really likes me, and really wants to be serious with me, then WHY is he talking to her? I really don't want to go through everything again abd take the chance of it being even worse this time, so ,  I just told him not to bother and that I didn't think it was going to work.

Was I too hasty? Yes, no, I don't know. But I really need your advice. Thanks.
Re: Am I Being Too Irrational? by ThoniaSlim(f): 2:44am On Jun 04, 2009
This guy is just one of the pathetic waste baggage. . .why put yourself thru the whole emotional turmoil all over again? Its obvious he's always preferred this girl. . .and you've just been second choice. . .or would I rather say His Backup plan?

Now that you have cut off ties with. . .stick to it. . .and hook yourself with a better guy. . .who's worth the attention. . .except you wanna go thru the whole drama and emotional stress again!
Re: Am I Being Too Irrational? by No2Atheism(m): 2:52am On Jun 04, 2009
@thoniaslim

Hate to agree with you but u might be right here,

By the way, you owe me an apology for accusing me of doing something i did not.
Re: Am I Being Too Irrational? by ThoniaSlim(f): 2:59am On Jun 04, 2009
I won't f**king apologize for nothing. . . cool
Re: Am I Being Too Irrational? by No2Atheism(m): 3:42am On Jun 04, 2009
ThoniaSlim:

I won't f**king apologize for nothing. . . cool

Miss Indonesia ( grin cool ) , come now why are u using swear words.

Yes you would apologize for something
Re: Am I Being Too Irrational? by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:47am On Jun 04, 2009
Indonesia?
Re: Am I Being Too Irrational? by No2Atheism(m): 3:49am On Jun 04, 2009
ThoniaSlim:

Indonesia?

We need to keep the location secret in case of your nairaland stalkers that might be listening in on this conversation. grin grin grin
Re: Am I Being Too Irrational? by sistawoman: 3:56am On Jun 04, 2009
You did the right thing baby.

Dont look back and keep moving forward.

He is one of those guys that likes to have more than one girl in the pocket so that years later when he is ready to settle down he can pick one and leave the other. Trust me I have talked to a few of those men from here that really believe in double dating and I find it disgusting and disrespectful and selfish.

Dont ever get involved with someone that has gone out with one of your friends. Dont mix love with friends it never really works out in the end.
Re: Am I Being Too Irrational? by Hotstepper(f): 3:58am On Jun 04, 2009
The dude is going try and luck with the other guy and using you as a 2nd option incase da other gurl's proposal doesnt work, LET THE DUDE GO
Re: Am I Being Too Irrational? by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:00am On Jun 04, 2009
No2Atheism

Does KL City sound like the capital of Indonesia or anywhere in Indonesia? I can see your even dumber than I thought? lol. . . I guess you whole years of studying or doing a so-called Doctorate degree didn't pay off at the end. . .grin grin grin
Re: Am I Being Too Irrational? by No2Atheism(m): 4:00am On Jun 04, 2009
sistawoman:

You did the right thing baby.

Dont look back and keep moving forward.

He is one of those guys that likes to have more than one girl in the pocket so that years later when he is ready to settle down he can pick one and leave the other.  Trust me I have talked to a few of those men from here that really believe in double dating and I find it disgusting and disrespectful and selfish.

Dont ever get involved with someone that has gone out with one of your friends.  Dont mix love with friends it never really works out in the end.

@sistawoman you keep amazing me with you insights, you are one of the few ladies on this forumn that seems to be capable of thinking like a man.

Are u sure u are not a nigerian lady.

Your point kinda relates to my own personal view that for a man to be a in relationship, then it has to be that he's already made up his mind, otherwise its just a fling.
Hence a lady that considers herself to be in a relationship show make sure the guy does not have any back up plan otherwise such a relationship is not but a fling for the guy.
Thus i would also kindly advise the poster to move on and wait for another man that would actually mean it when he says he's in a relationship with her.
Re: Am I Being Too Irrational? by C2H5OH(f): 4:03am On Jun 04, 2009
ThoniaSlim:

No2Atheism

Does KL City sound like the capital of Indonesia or anywhere in Indonesia? I can see your even dumber than I thought? lol. . . I guess you whole years of studying or doing a so-called Doctorate degree didn't pay off at the end. . .grin grin grin

lol daaaaaamn grin no2atheism see wetin this woman dey carry you do . grin
Re: Am I Being Too Irrational? by No2Atheism(m): 4:05am On Jun 04, 2009
ThoniaSlim:

No2Atheism

Does KL City sound like the capital of Indonesia or anywhere in Indonesia? I can see your even dumber than I thought? lol. . . I guess you whole years of studying or doing a so-called Doctorate degree didn't pay off at the end. . .grin  grin  grin

I guess you whole years of studying or doing a so-called Doctorate degree didn't pay off at the end. . .grin  grin  grin

Wat the heck, are u giving me double promotion or something. How the heck can i be doing a Doctorate degree, thonia dear i think u are confusing me with someone else.

Does KL City sound like the capital of Indonesia or anywhere in Indonesia?
grin grin grin Yes we both know what BP, Petronas and NNPC have in common.

I can see your even dumber than I thought? lol
1. Now you have 3 things to apologise for.
2. Don't worry i would send Starstruck after you for insulting her bobo like that grin grin grin
Re: Am I Being Too Irrational? by No2Atheism(m): 4:06am On Jun 04, 2009
C2H5OH:

lol daaaaaamn grin no2atheism see wetin this woman dey carry you do . grin

shssh, I said everybody should leave the room, cus two adults are discussing.
Re: Am I Being Too Irrational? by Remii(m): 4:08am On Jun 04, 2009
No2Atheism:

shssh, I said everybody should leave the room, cus two adults are discussing.
Ok, we are at the spectator's stand now,
Re: Am I Being Too Irrational? by No2Atheism(m): 4:14am On Jun 04, 2009
Remii:

Ok, we are at the spectator's stand now,
thank you grin grin grin
Re: Am I Being Too Irrational? by OgidiBoy(m): 4:21am On Jun 04, 2009
@ no2Atheism

leave slim alone,haba na by force angry

Anyways what happened between the two of you, I'm hearing some stories from the grapevine.
Re: Am I Being Too Irrational? by No2Atheism(m): 4:25am On Jun 04, 2009
OgidiBoy:

@ no2Atheism

leave slim alone,haba na by force angry

Anyways what happened between the two of you, I'm hearing some stories from the grapevine.

1. Yes apology is by force, i deserve it cus she knows what she did.

2. Yes it is true, I impregnated her via the internet and then dumped her in Nigeria before she found her way to where she is now.

So that my friend is the reason for all the beef that is flying around like cold turkey.
Re: Am I Being Too Irrational? by OgidiBoy(m): 4:30am On Jun 04, 2009
No2Atheism:

1. Yes apology is by force, i deserve it cus she knows what she did.

2. Yes it is true, I impregnated her via the internet and then dumped her in Nigeria before she found her way to where she is now.

So that my friend is the reason for all the beef that is flying around like cold turkey.

My friend I don't think slim would ever interested with someone like you. No offence I know you a nice guy and all, but I know slim from the old school and I know she has more class you can ever imagine. cry
Re: Am I Being Too Irrational? by No2Atheism(m): 4:40am On Jun 04, 2009
OgidiBoy:

My friend I don't think slim would ever interested with someone like you. [/b]No offence I know you a nice guy and all, but I know slim from the old school and I know she has more class you can ever imagine. cry

LOL, LMAO, LOL,  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin   

1. I don't know what u think u heard  grin grin grin, but i think u have been mis-informed. Considering that any issue of interest or lack of it or any form of lovey-dovey thereof does not even factor into my equation as we speak. (hence any attempt to conjure up or insinuate any [b]phantom lovey-dovey spaghetti monster
is bound to fail)

2. I am not a nice guy [/b]so I don't give a shit about Class, so sue me. By the way, your royal shakespearean dude highness (what the heck do u mean as class anyway can u please define  grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy i wuld love to read ur thesis)

3. Yes I am single, nevertheless [b]I am not interested
, I am not available, I am not ready and I am not willing to get lovey dovey with anybody "thoniaslim included". Those who know me personally outside of NL are a priviledged few, which i  grin technically  grin prefer to keep like that for now.

4. I rest my case and I expect "thonia's response ASAP" or else.
Re: Am I Being Too Irrational? by No2Atheism(m): 6:37am On Jun 04, 2009
@poster

In addition to what i said earlier,

Please consider that fact that:

1. if he loves you enough he would not want to hurt you.

2. if he loves you enough he would not choose to cheat on you.

3. The fact that he cheated on you before and has started to do it again, implies that there is something he wants which you cannot satisfy for him. Hence it means he simply does not love u enough to overlook those things. This is because love covereth all.

None of us is perfect however love helps us to overcome out imperfections as far as our relationships are concerned.

As a man, I am hereby advising you to:

Please dump him and move on with your life, you will always find someone better
Re: Am I Being Too Irrational? by biola44: 8:57am On Jun 04, 2009
u r not irrational, pls dump him n move on! wink "once bitten twice shy"
Re: Am I Being Too Irrational? by luvbooks(f): 9:48am On Jun 04, 2009
Thanks everyone, your comments were very helpful and funny, lol.
@ Sistawoman ; could I have your email address please? I'd like to talk , and you seem very wise about stuff like this. wink
Re: Am I Being Too Irrational? by C2H5OH(f): 9:57am On Jun 04, 2009
It's alright babygirl. you did the right thing by letting his ass go.
Re: Am I Being Too Irrational? by md4u: 10:22am On Jun 04, 2009
Best decision! never give him a chance again or you prepare to go through the emotional turmoil once again. Best wishes,
Re: Am I Being Too Irrational? by iamdnegro: 9:06pm On Jun 04, 2009
That nigg@ is just havin fun.

He prolly could'nt get any booty from chick #2 that night - n he was prolly very horney - that was why he came back to you @ midnight.

I know how the game go.

When a man is hooked on making love to a woman he would say n.e.tin to tap that booty one more time. Until he gets the next steady booty call.

If he really wants to get serious wit u he would not be calling the other chick.

Having said all that its up to you to make your decision.

you can either drop that nigg@ like a hot potatoe or keep dealin wit emotions
Re: Am I Being Too Irrational? by iamdnegro: 9:11pm On Jun 04, 2009
No2Atheism:

@poster

. . .
Please dump him and move on with your life, you will always find someone better

Thats not always tru. All the nigg@s i kno are crazy. They dnt wanna wife these sisters they just wanna straf em.

Aint no good negros in ma neck of the woods.

Too bad!
Re: Am I Being Too Irrational? by luvbooks(f): 9:53pm On Jun 04, 2009
iamdnegro:

Thats not always tru. All the nigg@s i kno are crazy. They dnt wanna wife these sisters they just wanna straf em.

Aint no good negros in ma neck of the woods.

Too bad!

Wow.

You're very optimistic I must say.  Any more encouraging comments would be welcome.   angry
Re: Am I Being Too Irrational? by iamdnegro: 10:02pm On Jun 04, 2009
luvbooks:

Wow.

You're very optimistic I must say.  Any more encouraging comments would be welcome.   angry

Abeg no vex. Just playin devils advocate.

But honestly, Im sure u'll be fine. U kno life has its ups n downs. U r jus going thru a "valley" experience at the moment.

But these same xperience will teach u valuable lessons that will be useful in the future.

I hope u figure it out.
Re: Am I Being Too Irrational? by luvbooks(f): 11:48pm On Jun 04, 2009
@ Iamdnegro;

grin Thanks. It's just very hard cause i have to deal with betrayal on not one side, not two, but three sides.  And I thought they were my friends. Nyways, it's all good!!!
Re: Am I Being Too Irrational? by gloriuss(f): 1:12am On Jun 05, 2009
I totally agree with no2atheism and sistawoman, I mean its only fair to urself that u hold ur head up high and move forward rather than letting extra luggage of a guy keep u stagnant or constantly dragging u back. pls dont mind iamdnegro, he CANNOT speak for all men out there as he is NOT all men out there, making his points a "tad" invalid. (not being rude). So far uve braved this storm of a relationship which means ur goin 2b stronger than when u 1st started!!!
Re: Am I Being Too Irrational? by manoy(m): 1:13am On Jun 05, 2009
@Gloriuss,why are u running away from me? grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

In Love With An Akwo Ibom Girl / I Never Dated A Girl / BRUTAL ANALYSIS: 12 Honest Reasons Why Some Ladies Are Still Single

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.