Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,954 members, 7,873,055 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:20 AM

Why We Attacked Zakzaky, Other Shiite Members – Nigerian Army - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Attacked Zakzaky, Other Shiite Members – Nigerian Army (44672 Views)

Police Attack Protesting Shiite Members In Abuja,Teargas Them(pics) / Why We killed Shiite Members In Kano – Police / Reason We Attacked Militants Hideout In Calabar - Ohwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Attacked Zakzaky, Other Shiite Members – Nigerian Army by Miaraka: 10:24am On Dec 14, 2015
I support the Nigerian Army in its brave fight against Boko Haram. Their fight against terrorism is in the best interests of our whole African continent, not only Nigeria.
That notwithstanding, their shameless, cowardly and brutal massacre of innocent and unarmed Shiites and arbitrary assassination of Zakzaky and his family is totally unaccaptable, indefensible and a gross injustice against fellow Africans. It tantamount to state terrorism and must be condemned by all Africans and the international community. Go and fight Boko Haram! Stop taking out your frustration on innocent civilians. The Shiites are not the ones who gave you a stupid and ill-considered deadline to defeat Boko Haram by December 2015.

1 Like

Re: Why We Attacked Zakzaky, Other Shiite Members – Nigerian Army by Tosman12(m): 10:24am On Dec 14, 2015
dayo23:
The Nigerian Army on Saturday stated its reason for attacking members of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria.
The Army had on Saturday said the group blocked the road and attempted to kill the Chief of Army Staff, Tukur Buratai, in Kaduna State.
In a statement on Sunday by its spokesperson, Sani Usman, the Army described the incident as ‘most unfortunate’ but blamed the sect for blocking roads meant for the public.
“Yesterday’s incident involving clashes between detachments of the Nigerian Army, accompanying the Chief of Army Staff Lieutenant General TY Buratai and followers of Sheikh Ibrahim El Zak-Zaky, suspected to be members of the Shiite Sect in Zaria, leading to loss of lives as a result of the Shiite group members’ blocking roads and not allowing other passers-by to go about their lawful businesses and activities, was most unfortunate,” Mr. Usman, a Colonel, said.
“The Nigerian Constitution guarantees the rights of any group of persons and Sheikh El Zak Zaky’s followers to hold a peaceful march or procession unhindered, but it also guarantees other people’s rights of way on public highways. It is important to note that over the years this group has subjected ordinary citizens using public roads to untold hardship, delays, threats and disruption simply because they insist on using public space irrespective of inconvenience and hardship on other law abiding citizens and motorists.
This cannot be tolerated and must stop!
“As soon as order is restored to the situation in Zaria city and its environs, the police will conduct an enquiry and the public will be informed.
“In the meantime, the public is advised to go about their lawful business and report any suspicious persons or incidents to the police,” the Nigerian Army said.
Mr. Usman did not give details of the various attacks or whether Mr. Zakzaky had been arrested or not.
The Islamic Movement has said its members were unarmed and that soldiers attacked its members in three different parts of Kaduna including Mr. Zakzaky’s home.
The Shiite group said the son and wife of Mr. Zakzaky were among ‘hundreds’ of its members killed by the soldiers.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/195138-why-we-attacked-zakzaky-other-shiite-members-nigerian-army.html

This is a very poor way for the army to defend itself. whatever the shiite follower did does not warrant opening fire on them leading to lose of lives.this statement is so lame to prove they(army) did the right thing its not goats we are talking about here.
Re: Why We Attacked Zakzaky, Other Shiite Members – Nigerian Army by nike4love: 10:26am On Dec 14, 2015
trigar12:
I don't know why people say they are peaceful. How can you be a peaceful organization when you carry (unlicenced) gun about.
According to what I ve read so far, they threaten people and they ve been going Scot free under the 16years misrule of PDP. Can this happen in the western countries ? No, they will be wiped out with immediate effect.

It's better to be save, than to be sorry

#mycents
Hahahahaaa so u mean apc is shot at sight govt,what do you know abt western world?
Shut ur dirty trap!!!
Re: Why We Attacked Zakzaky, Other Shiite Members – Nigerian Army by BuddhaPalm(m): 10:29am On Dec 14, 2015
vb0mb:
The government is clueless. What happened to tear gas and rubber bullets.

That's the police.

Soldiers are trained to kill.
Re: Why We Attacked Zakzaky, Other Shiite Members – Nigerian Army by Gr8amechi: 10:35am On Dec 14, 2015
bettercreature:
A very huge error,If i were PMB i'd remove Buratai immediately,this is nonsense at its peak WE ARE NOT CHICKEN,Why killing them because they blocked road?
on a serious note, I have read keenly to know what actually happened but the army has no reasonable complaint against them, I feel they should have peacefully invited the head and settled things not the manner it was handled

1 Like

Re: Why We Attacked Zakzaky, Other Shiite Members – Nigerian Army by Gr8amechi: 10:37am On Dec 14, 2015
tete7000:

Don't worry, anytime he travels next he will do that. He addresses only from outside the country. He is probably arranging a foreign visit now to address your suggestion. Just hold on a little bit.
I feel the press should put pressure on this man to address these issues
Re: Why We Attacked Zakzaky, Other Shiite Members – Nigerian Army by cecegorz(m): 10:47am On Dec 14, 2015
dayo23:
The Nigerian Army on Saturday stated its reason for attacking members of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria.
The Army had on Saturday said the group blocked the road and attempted to kill the Chief of Army Staff, Tukur Buratai, in Kaduna State.
In a statement on Sunday by its spokesperson, Sani Usman, the Army described the incident as ‘most unfortunate’ but blamed the sect for blocking roads meant for the public.
“Yesterday’s incident involving clashes between detachments of the Nigerian Army, accompanying the Chief of Army Staff Lieutenant General TY Buratai and followers of Sheikh Ibrahim El Zak-Zaky, suspected to be members of the Shiite Sect in Zaria, leading to loss of lives as a result of the Shiite group members’ blocking roads and not allowing other passers-by to go about their lawful businesses and activities, was most unfortunate,” Mr. Usman, a Colonel, said.
“The Nigerian Constitution guarantees the rights of any group of persons and Sheikh El Zak Zaky’s followers to hold a peaceful march or procession unhindered, but it also guarantees other people’s rights of way on public highways. It is important to note that over the years this group has subjected ordinary citizens using public roads to untold hardship, delays, threats and disruption simply because they insist on using public space irrespective of inconvenience and hardship on other law abiding citizens and motorists.
“As soon as order is restored to the situation in Zaria city and its environs, the police will conduct an enquiry and the public will be informed.
“In the meantime, the public is advised to go about their lawful business and report any suspicious persons or incidents to the police,” the Nigerian Army said.
Mr. Usman did not give details of the various attacks or whether Mr. Zakzaky had been arrested or not.
The Islamic Movement has said its members were unarmed and that soldiers attacked its members in three different parts of Kaduna including Mr. Zakzaky’s home.
The Shiite group said the son and wife of Mr. Zakzaky were among ‘hundreds’ of its members killed by the soldiers.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/195138-why-we-attacked-zakzaky-other-shiite-members-nigerian-army.html

Oh dear! These reasons by the army is absolutely not convincing at all.
That their processions cause delays in traffic is unpleasant but does that warrant killing them off?
Please come over to Lagos this weekend and I will take you around to streets that will be completely shut down because of Owambe parties, I've never heard of any body being arrested, not to talk of killing by the army.
Nigerians lives MUST be made to matter to the extent that NOBODY is allowed to kill extra-judiciary for any reason whatsoever, except of course the victims had opened fire themselves, then self-defence can come into play.

I must say that I'm not impressed a bit by this submission from the NA.

1 Like

Re: Why We Attacked Zakzaky, Other Shiite Members – Nigerian Army by juman(m): 10:55am On Dec 14, 2015
maasoap:
We have seen how travellers were always made to spend 3 to 5 days on Lagos/Ibadan expressway by Redeem due to road block, how many of the their members had been killed?
My advice is that the Nigeria Army shouldn't create another Boko Haram because you can't suppress these people by using violence, you will only succeeded in radicalising them. What happened to monitoring including air surveillance?

You are right.

preetyb:
Although I am a christian but still I don't support this rubbish. How can u kill people bcus they blocked roads? Even if it is wrong to do so, there should be mercy at some point. What happen to the use of tear gas? .

I think we need to apply the ADR methods in cases like this unless the people are armed.

Abi.

Blocking roads are common in nigeria. There are mosques that block road every friday for about one hour during their jumaah prayer. Even before before some people used to block road to do marriage and naming ceremony.
Re: Why We Attacked Zakzaky, Other Shiite Members – Nigerian Army by GenOrumov: 10:57am On Dec 14, 2015
fastestfinger:
sunni muslims all over Nigeria block roads whenever they're praying and no one says anything. Why is their case different? Or is it because they're shiite?
I wasn't even referring to the shiites because I don't know much about them.

My grudge is simply against anyone who blocks the road be for political, religious, civil or party reasons thereby making other people not involved in their activities going through stress using the road that supposedly belongs to everyone.

1 Like

Re: Why We Attacked Zakzaky, Other Shiite Members – Nigerian Army by WaffenSS(m): 11:01am On Dec 14, 2015
tarano:
It is quite unfortunate that things have to degenerate to this level.

Again the Shiite, the Islamic Movement in Nigeria are not harmless as we all think. It is a religious and political organization with the aim of having an islamic republic like in Iran. The followers are always harmed with AK 47 as the move along with the procession to Husainiyya Baqiyatullah, Zaria obstructting traffic on Highways.

There are intelligence report connecting this group's to Boko Haram and other violent Islamic groups in Africa and the middle east... I.e Hezbollah

Sooner or later this was going to happen. The Nigeria army has been keeping a watchful eye on this group.

Boko Haram is allied with ISIS, which is a Sunni organization with the goal of stamping out Shi'a. Thus, Boko Haram can never b in alliance with any Shi'a groups, including the shi'ite Hezbollah.
Re: Why We Attacked Zakzaky, Other Shiite Members – Nigerian Army by dealslip(f): 11:03am On Dec 14, 2015
tarano:

Again the Shiite, the Islamic Movement in Nigeria are not harmless as we all think. It is a religious and political organization with the aim of having an islamic republic like in Iran. The followers are always harmed with AK 47 as the move along with the procession to Husainiyya Baqiyatullah, Zaria obstructting traffic on Highways.

There are intelligence report connecting this group's to Boko Haram and other violent Islamic groups in Africa and the middle east... I.e Hezbollah

Sooner or later this was going to happen. The Nigeria army has been keeping a watchful eye on this group.

I thought as much, they may have ties with BH
Re: Why We Attacked Zakzaky, Other Shiite Members – Nigerian Army by ODUBEZE: 11:15am On Dec 14, 2015
" the Army described the incident as
‘most unfortunate’ but blamed the sect for
blocking roads meant for the public."
- Nigerian Army
---

Una no lie for that one! even here in Lagos, where they have a mosque in the market, once its their prayer time, they block the road to the market!
---

Thereby making people to take a longer distance before they can purchase things in the market meant for all!
---
I only pray that this send a strong signal to those using religion to foment trouble!
It is well!
Re: Why We Attacked Zakzaky, Other Shiite Members – Nigerian Army by mkoabiola: 11:25am On Dec 14, 2015
Tactically ,ds killings can give rise to another bokoharam in d North
Re: Why We Attacked Zakzaky, Other Shiite Members – Nigerian Army by jamst2(m): 11:30am On Dec 14, 2015
huh! You see what have been saying,the nigeria army deliberately attack these people & now their guilty conscience is not at rest...Allah will judge coas & the fg.
Re: Why We Attacked Zakzaky, Other Shiite Members – Nigerian Army by jamace(m): 11:36am On Dec 14, 2015
jamst2:
huh! You see what have been saying,the nigeria army deliberately attack these people & now their guilty conscience is not at rest...Allah will jurge coas & the fg.
Why should they block the express road thereby obstructing lawfull movement of traffic? The soldiers even begged the shiites to allow them pass but the shiites refused: See the soldiers begging the shiites to allow the COAS pass on the high way: https://www.nairaland.com/2798983/photo-nigeria-army-officers-pleading#40963118
Has Nigeria degenerated to this level of religious lawlessness?
Re: Why We Attacked Zakzaky, Other Shiite Members – Nigerian Army by skondo09(m): 11:48am On Dec 14, 2015
tarano:

that is d truth, tho many ignoramus ar shouting dt they ar unarmed
Re: Why We Attacked Zakzaky, Other Shiite Members – Nigerian Army by jidoex66(m): 11:59am On Dec 14, 2015
scammer everywhere
Re: Why We Attacked Zakzaky, Other Shiite Members – Nigerian Army by jamst2(m): 11:59am On Dec 14, 2015
jamace:
Why should they block the express road thereby obstructing lawfull movement of traffic? The soldiers even begged the shiites to allow them pass but the shiites refused: See the soldiers begging the shiites to allow the COAS pass on the high way: https://www.nairaland.com/2798983/photo-nigeria-army-officers-pleading#40963118
Has Nigeria degenerated to this level of religious lawlessness?

queenzibah:
Is it b4 the so called attack on COAS or after, nigeria army can lie . Too bad for a country

Abeg,help me ask them ooo,this is not related to zaria incident at all...am still waiting for those so called 'international community' to condemn this massacare.
Re: Why We Attacked Zakzaky, Other Shiite Members – Nigerian Army by pacretus(m): 12:01pm On Dec 14, 2015
tintingz:
Useless set of soldiers, so if these protesters were to be students is this how they will kill them?

What happen to crisis crontrol, like the tear gas or rubber bullets?

Now because these people are Muslims you "militias" decide to kill unarmed people.

If they start retaliating, throwing bombs and causing mayhem Una soldiers go start running up and down, to save chibok girls we no see good result.
...ok i see ur point..u mean the army should return life bullet fired at dem with rubber bullets or tear gas..hmmm..smh
Re: Why We Attacked Zakzaky, Other Shiite Members – Nigerian Army by Penhand(m): 12:02pm On Dec 14, 2015
duduade:
Who do we believe now. ..?
Everyone with their own side of the story. .
Obviously one party must be lying sha...
But who is the lying party...

God help Nigeria
na true one part of the story na lie and na d shi'aites part.
Re: Why We Attacked Zakzaky, Other Shiite Members – Nigerian Army by jamst2(m): 12:02pm On Dec 14, 2015
GenOrumov:

I wasn't even referring to the shiites because I don't know much about them.

My grudge is simply against anyone who blocks the road be for political, religious, civil or party reasons thereby making other people not involved in their activities going through stress using the road that supposedly belongs to everyone.

Are you not aware of the reedeem church convention Also shilo own too nko Pls,stop been hypocritic
Re: Why We Attacked Zakzaky, Other Shiite Members – Nigerian Army by Penhand(m): 12:05pm On Dec 14, 2015
mkoabiola:
Tactically ,ds killings can give rise to another bokoharam in d North
it should have during the abacha regime
Re: Why We Attacked Zakzaky, Other Shiite Members – Nigerian Army by jamace(m): 12:08pm On Dec 14, 2015
jamst2:

Are you not aware of the reedeem church convention Also shilo own too nko Pls,stop been hypocritic
So, you are citing those as good reasons for the shiite to block the main road? Na wa for you o.
I personally don't support any group whether political or religious to block the highway, thereby inconveniencing other lawful citizens from going about their duty in peace.
Re: Why We Attacked Zakzaky, Other Shiite Members – Nigerian Army by jamst2(m): 12:12pm On Dec 14, 2015
jamace:
So, you are citing those as good reasons for the shiite to block the main road? Na wa for you o.
I personally don't support any group whether political or religious to block the highway, thereby inconveniencing other lawful citizens from going about their duty in peace.

Guy,you are contradicting yourself,so its ok for the christian to do thier own while it is forbidden for muslim & others abi...like i said; stop being hypocritical.
Re: Why We Attacked Zakzaky, Other Shiite Members – Nigerian Army by otil1: 12:12pm On Dec 14, 2015
dayo23:

... It is important to note that over the years this group has subjected ordinary citizens using public roads to untold hardship, delays, threats and disruption simply because they insist on using public space irrespective of inconvenience and hardship on other law abiding citizens and motorists.

This does not warrant killing!!! Please!

From above statement, how did the "stubborn" and "threat-filled" marchers become combatants? I can't see any sign dat they engaged the army. Just blocking of road, and u open magazine on civilians.

Shamest shame on Nigerian army under Burutai!

All hail the north that simply want Nigeria dragged back to its crude past.

Shame!

1 Like

Re: Why We Attacked Zakzaky, Other Shiite Members – Nigerian Army by jamace(m): 12:14pm On Dec 14, 2015
pacretus:
...ok i see ur point..u mean the army should return life bullet fired at dem with rubber bullets or tear gas..hmmm..smh
Religion will kill Nigeria. Sadly, I have not seen any benefit of foreign religion to Nigeria, 99.9% of political looters are members of these foreign religions.
Re: Why We Attacked Zakzaky, Other Shiite Members – Nigerian Army by jamace(m): 12:15pm On Dec 14, 2015
jamst2:

Guy,you are contradicting yourself,so its ok for the christian to do thier own while it is forbidden for muslim & others abi...like i said; stop being hypocritical.
Don't be blinded by religion. Read that my post again.
Re: Why We Attacked Zakzaky, Other Shiite Members – Nigerian Army by otil1: 12:17pm On Dec 14, 2015
This is by no means an operation for the military.

Simple police duty.

Meanwhile, if they needed to be sacked or punished, it must be within the ambit of the law -through a court order.

We are fast becoming a lawless nation.

Where is the rule of law that late Yaradua bequeathed before his passing.

Someone stop this administration. We are not in a jungle and not under military rule
Re: Why We Attacked Zakzaky, Other Shiite Members – Nigerian Army by jamst2(m): 12:18pm On Dec 14, 2015
jamace:
Don't be blinded by religion. Read that my post again.

Are they not human being that are involve with religion
Re: Why We Attacked Zakzaky, Other Shiite Members – Nigerian Army by orisa37: 1:20pm On Dec 14, 2015
The Soldiers are right. The Military is in charge of security, safety and success of all Public Highways, Boundaries and Territorial Integrity of the Country.

1 Like

Re: Why We Attacked Zakzaky, Other Shiite Members – Nigerian Army by frankdudus(m): 1:24pm On Dec 14, 2015
Am a Christian but this is crazy... so u mean to tell me these re ur reason for killing unharmed nd innocent civilians... Nigeria!!!!! Al is wel
Re: Why We Attacked Zakzaky, Other Shiite Members – Nigerian Army by Djester: 1:33pm On Dec 14, 2015
Killing them is not the solution. And NIGERIA army should bcareful not to create a New problem if they can't solve the existing One. God blessed Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Visits LASTMA, Approves 100% Salary Increment (Photos) / Nnamdi Kanu Leaves Israel For England. Photos / Monthly/ Yearly "Security Votes" Appropriation Of State Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.