Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,154 members, 7,890,899 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:34 PM

Why Does The North Need To Leech When They Have All This? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Does The North Need To Leech When They Have All This? (2362 Views)

You Can't Insult The North And Stay In Power-knwankwaso / If I Hated The North, I Wouldn’t Have Built Almajiri Schools - Jonathan / Why Does Jonathan Use Israeli Bodyguards? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does The North Need To Leech When They Have All This? by ezeagu(m): 11:52am On Jun 06, 2009
Re: Why Does The North Need To Leech When They Have All This? by muhsin(m): 12:05pm On Jun 06, 2009
I wonder; what the frigging hell were you trying to say? Expatiate.
Re: Why Does The North Need To Leech When They Have All This? by Bialegend(m): 12:19pm On Jun 06, 2009
I wonder why people are still believing this map of nigeria as the british people who handed power to the incompetent hausa people so as to use them mumus to indirectly hold unto their interests in nigeria drew the map.

The map as was drawn and shoved down to us at our various stages of schools is not a true representative of the land mass of various peoples of nigeria. Do you notice how they squeezed the land mass of Igbos and made it look as if Igbo people's land area is not big enough. That is out rightly rubbish.

I can draw my own map of nigeria and present Igbo land mass as the largest and hausa/fulani as the smallest. Noticed how the land mass of their yoruba arsss kissers is second to theirs? Absolute nonsense. The worst part is that our children at scholl are still being shoved this nonsense drama of a map down their knowledge faculty as legitimate. Map of nigeria as was drawn is nonsense and i will never believe in it just as any other same person would not.
Re: Why Does The North Need To Leech When They Have All This? by beystwin: 12:25pm On Jun 06, 2009
The question is: why do wazobia (the North, East and West) have to leech to Niger Delta's oil?
Pathetic people! They are all parasites. Leave the Niger Delta alone to enjoy their oil in peace! Get your own oil.  grin
Re: Why Does The North Need To Leech When They Have All This? by Bialegend(m): 12:35pm On Jun 06, 2009
beystwin:

The question is: why do wazobia (the North, East and West) have to leech to Niger Delta's oil?
Pathetic people! They are all parasites. Leave the Niger Delta alone to enjoy their oil in peace! Get your own oil. grin
Igbo nation have oil more than all the Niger Delta oil put together. In your so called Niger Delta, there is Igbo nation, so get your facts right buddy. When your visionless fathers sold their birth rights to the hausa/fulanis all in the name of getting at the Igbos, where was their brain?
Sorry, you can't eat your cake and have it back. Now, you know who your real enemies are, no longer the Igbos as is been percieved in your community as your fathers taught you to believe, but i am sorry, you can't get back your oil rights from the hausa/fulanis anymore. If you think you can, then flex your muscles and let's see how much you can.
Re: Why Does The North Need To Leech When They Have All This? by beystwin: 12:44pm On Jun 06, 2009
Bialegend:

Igbo nation have oil more than all the Niger Delta oil put together. In your so called Niger Delta, there is Igbo nation, so get your facts right buddy. When your visionless fathers sold their birth rights to the hausa/fulanis all in the name of getting at the Igbos, where was their brain?
Sorry, you can't eat your cake and have it back. Now, you know who your real enemies are, no longer the Igbos as is been percieved in your community as your fathers taught you to believe, but i am sorry, you can't get back your oil rights from the hausa/fulanis anymore. If you think you can, then flex your muscles and let's see how much you can.

The Niger Delta people know who their friends and enemies are. The truth is, there are no friends of the Niger Delta people in Nigeria. Nigeria just wants to grab as much from them as possible. A good example is the way Bakassi was handed over to the Cameroonians. And the Igbo are no better than the rest.
You claim that the Igbo nation is in the Niger Delta. That is where you fail, and continue to fail. There is no Igbo nation in the Niger Delta! Stop deluding yourself and others. The Igbos in the Niger Delta are merely immigrants.
That is why the Biafra war was lost by the Igbos. Had the Igbo not chosen to forcefully add the Niger Delta to their territory, they would have been a country of their own by now and nobody would have given a f*ck about them.
The only reason Nigeria is still "one" country is because of the Niger Delta. Maybe once the oil is finished, you can all find your own way and p*ss off.
Re: Why Does The North Need To Leech When They Have All This? by Bialegend(m): 1:00pm On Jun 06, 2009
beystwin:

The Niger Delta people know who their friends and enemies are. The truth is, there are no friends of the Niger Delta people in Nigeria. Nigeria just wants to grab as much from them as possible. A good example is the way Bakassi was handed over to the Cameroonians. And the Igbo are no better than the rest.
You claim that the Igbo nation is in the Niger Delta. That is where you fail, and continue to fail. There is no Igbo nation in the Niger Delta! Stop deluding yourself and others. The Igbos in the Niger Delta are merely immigrants.
That is why the Biafra war was lost by the Igbos. Had the Igbo not chosen to forcefully add the Niger Delta to their territory, they would have been a country of their own by now and nobody would have given a f*ck about them; they could have had their own country.
The only reason Nigeria is still "one" country is because of the Niger Delta. Maybe once the oil is finished, you can all find your own way and p*ss off.
You sounds ridiculous. Now, you and your people no longer have friends? lol. Your fathers must be turning in their graves. They made the right friends for you which are the hausa/fulanis and you are here rejecting your father's chosen friends. I said, you can't eat your cake and have it back. Igbos are immigrants in Niger delta? Joke of the century. It should be, the Ijaws, Ishekiris, Urhobos and other minors are the true immigrants in Niger Delta. Consult your history books. Your comment made you sounds so stupid when you insinuated that the
only reason Nigeria is still "one" country is because of the Niger Delta. Maybe once the oil is finished, you can all find your own way and p*ss off.

I don't know how old you are, but being young is not an excuse for you not to know that Igbos have always wanted out of that bleeping hell hole called nigeria since time immemorail when your fathers were still sleeping, but for your ethnic group and the Yorubas arrss licking and connivance with the hausas to keep Igbo down inside nigeria by force. You all were saboteurs against Igbos during the Biafran war. If not for your people's coward efforts in aiding the hausa/fulanis, we would have had out own country today. Now, the same thing we fought for 40 years ago, you and your people are waking up to it's reality in 2009. Good morning and good luck in your idiotic quest, but ONE NIGERIA remains.
Re: Why Does The North Need To Leech When They Have All This? by beystwin: 2:00pm On Jun 06, 2009
Ojukwu Bialegend:

It should be, the Ijaws, Ishekiris, Urhobos and other minors are the true immigrants in Niger Delta. Consult your history books

Which history book - do you mean the one your father wrote?
In your line of reasoning, the Yorubas very soon will be considered immigrants to Lagos, as you want to have an Igbo king there, even though it is Yoruba territory.

Igbos have always wanted out of that bleeping hell hole called nigeria since time immemorail
If that is true, then why are Igbo people spreading everywhere like people without land, claiming territory that doesn't belong to them? This is reminiscent of cockroaches. Also, it is important to remember that Igbos are flourishing business-wise in Nigeria - doesn't sound like a hell-hole to me! Igbos helped create this "hell-hole", along with all other Nigerians. I wonder if you realise how foolish you sound right now, making no sense whatsoever. Your name is suitable - you must be spending too much time in the beer parlour, Beerlegend! Sober up.
I am sick of hearing this Hausa-bashing, because you are all the same, with your tribalistic, selfish interests.
This thread is going nowhere, fast.
Re: Why Does The North Need To Leech When They Have All This? by ezeagu(m): 2:52pm On Jun 06, 2009
muhsin:

I wonder; what the frigging hell were you trying to say? Expatiate.

Its not that hard. . . . . . .
Re: Why Does The North Need To Leech When They Have All This? by ezeagu(m): 3:00pm On Jun 06, 2009
beystwin:

I am sick of hearing this Hausa-bashing, because you are all the same, with your tribalistic, selfish interests.

Hmm, to a certain extent, I'd pick up a book if I were you.
Re: Why Does The North Need To Leech When They Have All This? by beystwin: 3:47pm On Jun 06, 2009
Thank you! Can you recommend a book?
Re: Why Does The North Need To Leech When They Have All This? by Bialegend(m): 12:26am On Jun 07, 2009
If that is true, then why are Igbo people spreading everywhere like people without land, claiming territory that doesn't belong to them?

@beystwin. Only the above line/quote of your idiotic comment gave you out as an unrepentant illiterate, so i aint gonna bother responding to you. Ewu awusa , go grab your book and do some reading.
Re: Why Does The North Need To Leech When They Have All This? by beystwin: 10:53am On Jun 07, 2009
Ewu awusa
I know what you are, but what am I? tongue
Re: Why Does The North Need To Leech When They Have All This? by SapeleGuy: 11:05pm On Jun 07, 2009
Bialegend:

When your visionless fathers sold their birth rights to the hausa/fulanis all in the name of getting at the Igbos, where was their brain?

Sentiment aside. You guys keep crying betrayal but Adaka Boro declared Niger Delta Republic from the old eastern region before biafra was declared why didn't igbos support Boro?
You talk about selling birthrights but Ojukwu collects a pension from the Nigerian Army whilst biafra veterans continue to wallow in abject poverty and misery?
By ignoring these veterans are you also not selling your birth right?
Shouldn't you guys be helping these veterans instead of gloating over the deaths of Niger Delta women and children?
Re: Why Does The North Need To Leech When They Have All This? by ezeagu(m): 6:20pm On Jun 08, 2009
Can't you see all the resources shocked
Re: Why Does The North Need To Leech When They Have All This? by Dede1(m): 8:04pm On Jun 08, 2009
beystwin:

Pathetic people! They are all parasites. Leave the Niger Delta alone to enjoy their oil in peace! Get your own oil. grin

If you can voice what part of the jungle you called home, I can tell you what delta you belong. The term Niger Delta is foolishly applied to Nigeria politics without the actual geographical reference.

Based on the onshore crude oil ranking and baring the draconian land adjustment machination by the government of the jungle called Nigeria that saw many Igbo lands were crude oil is struck were ceded to her neighbors, Igbo land produces more crude oil than any land belonging to other ethnic groups in the jungle.
Re: Why Does The North Need To Leech When They Have All This? by beystwin: 8:21pm On Jun 08, 2009
Based on the onshore crude oil ranking and baring the draconian land adjustment machination by the government of the jungle called Nigeria that saw many Igbo lands were crude oil is struck were ceded to her neighbors, Igbo land produces more crude oil than any land belonging to other ethnic groups in the jungle.

In other words, Igbos are losers while the Ijaws are the real leeches because the land does not really belong to them. Right
Re: Why Does The North Need To Leech When They Have All This? by Bialegend(m): 8:28pm On Jun 08, 2009
beystwin:

In other words, Igbos are losers while the Ijaws are the real leeches because the land does not really belong to them. Right

YES
Re: Why Does The North Need To Leech When They Have All This? by beystwin: 8:38pm On Jun 08, 2009
Bialegend:

YES

Back up your claims. I am always willing to learn. But I need proof.
Re: Why Does The North Need To Leech When They Have All This? by SapeleGuy: 9:26pm On Jun 08, 2009
Dede1:

If you can voice what part of the jungle you called home, I can tell you what delta you belong. The term Niger Delta is foolishly applied to Nigeria politics without the actual geographical reference.

When you say 'many igbo land' are you referring to Bakassi? If not, please name these lands.
Re: Why Does The North Need To Leech When They Have All This? by Afaukwu: 9:48pm On Jun 08, 2009
Imo and Abia are oil producing. Anambra and Enugu are oil-bearing which oil is capped (reserved), waiting for when the ND oil finishes. In terms of gas, Anambra and Imo also produce/contain gas. ND people should bluff with oil for the north and not for Ndigbo, as we have enough to sustain us should Nigeria break up.
Importantly, Ndigbo do not need land or oil/gas from ND land.
Re: Why Does The North Need To Leech When They Have All This? by SapeleGuy: 10:23pm On Jun 08, 2009
Afakwu, this was the statement my question was meant for.
Dede1:

, many Igbo lands were crude oil is struck were ceded to her neighbors, Igbo land produces more crude oil than any land belonging to other ethnic groups in the jungle.

Afaukwu:

Ndigbo do not need land or oil/gas from ND land.
Can you list alternative revenue streams?
Re: Why Does The North Need To Leech When They Have All This? by Dede1(m): 2:30pm On Jun 09, 2009
SapeleGuy:

When you say 'many igbo land' are you referring to Bakassi? If not, please name these lands.

If you think I would waste my precious time educating a wobbling dunce such as you on the internet, then you are irreparably blinded to stupidity? The mere reference to Bakassi in your post discloses your lack of knowledge to the subject.

If I may draw a clue from your avatar, I hope you are not remotely identifying your sorry ass as an inhabitant of “Niger Delta” because among knowledgeable human beings, your area of domicile is entrenched in delta formed by Nen River, Escravos (Slave) River and Forcados River.
Re: Why Does The North Need To Leech When They Have All This? by udezue(m): 2:49pm On Jun 09, 2009
LOL Dede1

Nna man the stupidity displayed by some of our siblings down the delta is mind boggling.

How can anyone in their right mind deny the existence of Igbos in that area and even call them immigrants? You are right. Educating a dunce is a waste of time when the info is one click away.
Re: Why Does The North Need To Leech When They Have All This? by Dede1(m): 3:13pm On Jun 09, 2009
udezue:

LOL Dede1

Nna man the stupidity displayed by some of our siblings down the delta is mind boggling.

How can anyone in their right mind deny the existence of Igbos in that area and even call them immigrants? You are right. Educating a dunce is a waste of time when the info is one click away.

Bros

When the fools were lured into a slumber full of decadence by the politician from the northern region of Nigeria, the maggots did not dream of the future stakes. I can not stop amusing myself when I read self-pity and acts of contortion all in the name of denial from loudmouths. The funny thing is that the idiots are still in deep slumber unable to realize which delta they inhabit.
Re: Why Does The North Need To Leech When They Have All This? by udezue(m): 3:49pm On Jun 09, 2009
Its crazy how people can be so unrepentant and unwilling to even admit their own mistake. It must be a PRIDE thing. Admitting "damn we were so wrong and deceived" is a bad thing in their backyard so they even display stupidity worse than that of their uneducated elders.
Re: Why Does The North Need To Leech When They Have All This? by ifele(m): 6:05pm On Jun 09, 2009
Niger Delta tribes cant defeat the North alone they will need help from other freedom-loving Southerners.

We in the south are fighting for the same things. We want to be safe from criminals and oppression.

We want to enjoy God given prosperity and be free from poverty. Yes the North and its leaders are the enemy.

They are islamizing the whole country by joining international islamic organization. If they have the right to their

own sharia police we in the south have the right to our own laws and police. We are the resistance. All this ethnic

hatred and rivalry is not going to help the cause. Even in the Biafran Army there were some non-Igbo officers and

soldiers. But the issue is not about Biafra alone or Deltans alone it is a Southern Issue. We should all see Nigerian

power as an evil occupying force. Occupying our lands and generating collaborators to oppress us. We are being

occupied. Our claims to human rights,absolute freedom and land is being negated. So we have the right to resist.
Re: Why Does The North Need To Leech When They Have All This? by Meldrick(m): 6:41pm On Jun 09, 2009
Bialegend:

You sounds ridiculous. Now, you and your people no longer have friends? lol. Your fathers must be turning in their graves. They made the right friends for you which are the hausa/fulanis and you are here rejecting your father's chosen friends. I said, you can't eat your cake and have it back. Igbos are immigrants in Niger delta? Joke of the century. It should be, the Ijaws, Ishekiris, Urhobos and other minors are the true immigrants in Niger Delta. [b][/b]
WHERE THE HELL THOSE THIS FELLA COME FROM? HOW DARE YOU SAY THE IJAWS, ITSEKIRIS, URHOBOS ARE IMMIGRANTS IN THE NIDER DELTA. YOUR TEETH MUST REALLY BE DIRTY.
THE IGBOS WERE GREEDY AND WANTED DELTA AMONG BIAFRA. DELTA STATE CAN NEVER AND WILL NEVER BE A PART OF BIAFRA. IN THE STRUGGLE OF THE NIGER DELTA, HAVE U HEARD ANY IGBO MAN SPEAK? NO IGBO HAS A SAY IN THE NIGER DELTA OIL. OJUKWU WANTED TO CLAIM DELTA STATE AND CALL THE NON-IGBOS MINORITY. THE TRIBES BASICALLY AROUND THE NIGER DELTA REGION ARE THE IJAWS, ITSEKIRIS ANF URHOBOS.
Re: Why Does The North Need To Leech When They Have All This? by udezue(m): 7:14pm On Jun 09, 2009
Meldrick,

So Efiks, Ibibios, Annangs, Igbos are not part of ND The pathetic thing is that as much as y'all display so much hatred and dislike towards ur neighbors y'all slaughter each other over the same OIL so why are u attacking Igbos, Ibibios, BIAFRA? What have they done?
FYI, Igbos are in Delta and Edo (Mid-West) so what makes you think you won't hear about Biafra in that region? The Mid-West was also declared independent as Republic of Benin so it was not even under Biafra. The West itself was also supposed to secede but like the cowards that Southerners are we mortgaged our future and land to please the North. If the South had UNITED like the North we would have had Odua, Benin and Biafra Republics.

You cannot defeat the North anytime any day without the assistance of your neighbors so the quicker you realize that and under-go and attitude adjustment in terms how you treat and view your be it Ibibio, Igbo, Ijaw, Isoko, you aint going anywhere. You will blow up a pipe. They will come and mow you down. Its been the cycle.
Re: Why Does The North Need To Leech When They Have All This? by udezue(m): 7:20pm On Jun 09, 2009
ifele:

Niger Delta tribes cant defeat the North alone they will need help from other freedom-loving Southerners.

We in the south are fighting for the same things. We want to be safe from criminals and oppression.

We want to enjoy God given prosperity and be free from poverty. Yes the North and its leaders are the enemy.

They are islamizing the whole country by joining international islamic organization. If they have the right to their

own sharia police we in the south have the right to our own laws and police. We are the resistance. All this ethnic

hatred and rivalry is not going to help the cause. [b]Even in the Biafran Army there were some non-Igbo officers and

soldiers. [/b]But the issue is not about Biafra alone or Deltans alone it is a Southern Issue. We should all see Nigerian

power as an evil occupying force. Occupying our lands and generating collaborators to oppress us. We are being

occupied. Our claims to human rights,absolute freedom and land is being negated. So we have the right to resist.

Some is an understatement. Ibibios fought well. PH had one of the largest supporters for Biafra. The average Ogoni wanted Biafra but the Wiwas had more voice and when Biafra lost they gave em more power to do as they liked in Rivers. Even Ijaws especially Eastern Ijaw ppl fought hard for Biafra. We know about Frank Opugo. The whole idea that it was an IGBO project is a lie used to further divide us and unfortunately we still have ppl in the SOUTH who believe that.
Re: Why Does The North Need To Leech When They Have All This? by SapeleGuy: 8:13pm On Jun 09, 2009
udezue:

Its crazy how people can be so unrepentant and unwilling to even admit their own mistake. It must be a PRIDE thing. Admitting "damn we were so wrong and deceived by OJUKWU" is a bad thing in their backyard so they even display stupidity worse than that of their uneducated elders.
I asked previously why didn't the igbos support Adaka Boro in the quest for the Niger Delta republic after all they declared before biafra.
Your leader Ojukwu was very educated but his mistake was worse than that of an illiterate. It was sheer greed & stupidity to claim mid west. The same greed and stupidity that is driving his plans in the Mega Party with the likes of Enahoro.

Dede1:

If I may draw a clue from your avatar, I hope you are not remotely identifying your sorry ass as an inhabitant of “Niger Delta” because among knowledgeable human beings, your area of domicile is entrenched in delta formed by Nen River, Escravos (Slave) River and Forcados River.

Oga Professor, well done! you can draw clues from avatars, there must be no end to your brilliance. But what is the relevance of your geography lesson. Are you now trying to repeat the mistake of your shameless elders and claim what doesn't belong to you? It didn't work then and it won't now.
Re: Why Does The North Need To Leech When They Have All This? by SapeleGuy: 8:25pm On Jun 09, 2009
ezeagu:

Can't you see all the resources shocked

How old is that bloody map? The reference to groundnuts can't be substantiated by the reality on the ground. Something has been ravaging the north for a long time, that thing is called desertification.

"Nigeria loses 350,000 hectares of arable land per year. In the northern 10 states of the country, each year the desert advances another 600 metres further south."

(1) (2) (Reply)

Farouk Mutallab Passed Through Lagos Airport Twice with Bomb Undetected / Prevail On Turai To Release My Son - Hajia Dada Yar’Adua / Nigeria Asks For Akingbola's Arrest, Extradition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.