Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,387 members, 7,950,825 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 11:30 PM

My Silence Should Not Be Mistaken For Weakness- Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Silence Should Not Be Mistaken For Weakness- Wike (888 Views)

Underground Water Meter Mistaken For A Bomb In Abuja(photos) / On Self Ban, But For The GENOCIDE In Benue, I Break My Silence / My Silence Should Not Be Mistaken For Weakness- Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Silence Should Not Be Mistaken For Weakness- Wike by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 18, 2015
Governor of Rivers state, Nyesom Wike yesterday said that the state would resist any move by the Federal Government to manipulate the National Assembly re-run election in the state with soldiers and policemen. The governor gave the warning when his supporters received him at the Port Harcourt International Airport.
The governor who said that his silence should not be mistaken for weakness, assured all members of the party in the National Assembly whose elections were nullified would be returned in the re-run election.

He said that he was confident of emerging victorious and that he had instructed his lawyers to challenge the verdict of the Appeal Court at the Supreme Court.
He said:

“I want to warn, let nobody attempt to do what happened in Bayelsa State here. Since they said they have annulled the election, let them come and conduct fresh election. Let nobody think that they can use soldiers and policemen to intimidate us. We will resist any such attempt. We have maintained our cool for a long time. Our calmness should not be mistaken for weakness.
“We shall return all our National Assembly members as a way of disgracing those who think they will snatch the mandate of the people,” he said.
Re: My Silence Should Not Be Mistaken For Weakness- Wike by gumaveddy(m): 4:45pm On Dec 18, 2015
Wait is it dis foo_l? I hate dis idoi! Wit passion d way he talk. Endtime tinz
Re: My Silence Should Not Be Mistaken For Weakness- Wike by mikolo80: 1:41am On Dec 19, 2015
Bigmillz:
Governor of Rivers state, Nyesom Wike yesterday said that the state would resist any move by the Federal Government to manipulate the National Assembly re-run election in the state with soldiers and policemen. The governor gave the warning when his supporters received him at the Port Harcourt International Airport.
The governor who said that his silence should not be mistaken for weakness, assured all members of the party in the National Assembly whose elections were nullified would be returned in the re-run election.

He said that he was confident of emerging victorious and that he had instructed his lawyers to challenge the verdict of the Appeal Court at the Supreme Court.
He said:

“I want to warn, let nobody attempt to do what happened in Bayelsa State here. Since they said they have annulled the election, let them come and conduct fresh election. Let nobody think that they can use soldiers and policemen to intimidate us. We will resist any such attempt. We have maintained our cool for a long time. Our calmness should not be mistaken for weakness.
“We shall return all our National Assembly members as a way of disgracing those who think they will snatch the mandate of the people,” he said.
Make he resist na.what is good for the shia is good for the wike

(1) (Reply)

Senator Buruji Kashamu Speaks On Plans To Join APC / They Heard The Federal Government Banned Indomie & Caprisone / BIAFRA: Release Kanu Or Heavens Will Strike, Cleric Tells Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.