Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,430 members, 7,911,071 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 01:13 AM

Are Nigerian Parents And Kids Emotionally Bankrupt - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Nigerian Parents And Kids Emotionally Bankrupt (759 Views)

Poll: do you think nigerian parents express their feelings for their kids openly?

yes: 33% (1 vote)
no: 33% (1 vote)
sometimes: 33% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Nigerian Parents And Their Daughters: Hilarious Photo Of The Day / He Is 36, Still Stays With His Parents And Wants To Marry Her. Help!!! / Nigerian Parents Give Birth To White Baby (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Nigerian Parents And Kids Emotionally Bankrupt by Ejaik2010: 4:40pm On Jun 08, 2009
Hey nairalanders, do u think nigerian parents dont express their feelings for the kinds; u know saying i love u, kissing them on the chin, hugging them when their first love has gone sour. 
pleasseeee i need ur opinions on these.
Re: Are Nigerian Parents And Kids Emotionally Bankrupt by Fhemmmy: 5:12pm On Jun 08, 2009
I bet to disagree.
It is an individual thing and let us not generalize.
Re: Are Nigerian Parents And Kids Emotionally Bankrupt by Ben13: 5:38pm On Jun 08, 2009
hmm. . . Emotionally Bankrupt.

Naija parents are not like that.
Re: Are Nigerian Parents And Kids Emotionally Bankrupt by JustGood(m): 5:41pm On Jun 08, 2009
How many Nigerians have come to complain to you about that? How many Nigerians have told you that their parent not kissing them constitutes emotional bankruptcy?

How do you define emotional bankruptcy and who defines it's level or whether it is a good thing or not?
Re: Are Nigerian Parents And Kids Emotionally Bankrupt by JustGood(m): 5:41pm On Jun 08, 2009
BTW, the options on your poll are skewed to achieve only one outcome.
Re: Are Nigerian Parents And Kids Emotionally Bankrupt by tpiah: 3:22pm On Jun 21, 2009
the answer is blowing in the wind.
Re: Are Nigerian Parents And Kids Emotionally Bankrupt by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jun 21, 2009
What is there to argue? Na only ajebos get time for love and kisses. grin

Ajekpakos have bigger preoccupations!
Re: Are Nigerian Parents And Kids Emotionally Bankrupt by mrsb(f): 11:00am On Jun 22, 2009
That's a bit harsh?! Can't make such a generic statement. undecided

I think globally its kind of a generational thing - I am certainly more affectionate and tactile with my babies than my parents were with me.

In Nigeria - you have the added angle of the respect given to the elders eg my husband calls his Dad "Sir" so there is automatically a barrier that is placed. They are still close though. Also, a few of the people I know in Nigeria were sent overseas to school when they were quite young so that also encourages them to be more independent from an early age.

(1) (Reply)

Son And Daughter Who Do You Love Most?dad Or Mom / What Is The Ideal No.of Kids For A Family In Our World Today? With Reasons / Our Request To 9ja Woman In D Diaspora

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.