Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,567 members, 7,941,159 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 06:37 PM

Any Organizations For Abused Women And Children? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Any Organizations For Abused Women And Children? (3967 Views)

Be Part Of The 5000 Elite Employees To Be Placed In Top Organizations This Year / List Of Organizations That Give Loan Without Collateral At Very Low Interest / The Women And Children's Advocacy Centre {wcac} Nigeria Invitation Letter For Trainning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Organizations For Abused Women And Children? by evamii(f): 8:07am On Jun 10, 2009
am thinking of moving back to nigeria permanently in two years , but my problem is a job . i sturdied social service worker in the states. a course i fell in love with because of a past expereince i witnesesed in nigeria,  now calll me a lost cause but am person who believe in leaving a foot print behind. i cant change the world but i can definatly start from somewhere. my main focus in women abuse, like i said its a very passionate topic for me and with different stories i have heard n some i have see and witnessed i really want to be a part of an organisation whose mission is to help, teach, educate and empower these women to move past thier pains , stand up for them self , speak up to stop abuse,  i know these all sound cheesey but  if my own country NIGERIA  doesnt have these programms then we have a problem. so my question, plead and cry is this , DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ORGANISATION IN NIGERIA THAT FOCUSES OF WOMEN ABUSE/VIOLENCE  AND CHILD ABUSE . it will really be of a great help , i want to start my research n make connection now by volunteering and also learning the ropes of how things are done in nigeria,  any help ideas would be really appreciated.
Re: Any Organizations For Abused Women And Children? by Seun(m): 11:50pm On Jun 10, 2009
Hmmm, good question?
Re: Any Organizations For Abused Women And Children? by omolara(f): 8:53am On Jun 11, 2009
Try KIND, Kudirat Initiative for Democracy. one of their programmes is targeted at protecting women and children from abuse
Re: Any Organizations For Abused Women And Children? by funso77(m): 11:38am On Jun 11, 2009
Hi Evamii,

My name is Funso Osuntokun and currently employed with a faith-based (This Present House, Lekki) Non-Profit Organization known as "Freedom Foundation which is based here in Lagos-Nigeria at 1st Floor (Nurses House), 43 Afribank Street, Victoria Island, Lagos.

In a nut-shell, let me give you a brief on what we do:

FREEDOM FOUNDATION

Pioneering Human Security

Rehabilitation. Education. Empowerment.

Freedom Foundation is an NGO which was set up in 2001 to carry out the mandate of pioneering social reformation within our communities. It was established as a faith-based non-profit organization committed to affecting society by empowering individuals who are affected by various categories of social and economic disadvantage.

We seek to create a growing and sustainable sphere of influence by actively engaging social ills at their roots and by working with government, other NGOs, civil society organizations and corporate institutions to ensure the delivery of human security services at the greatest points of impact.

These individuals include economically disadvantaged and vulnerable men, women and children, all of whom have the right to participate fully in the process of governance; the right to equal development as well as the right to enjoy access to vital resources and the basic necessities of life. They also have the right to be protected against poverty and the right to access basic social services, such as education and health. The aim of our human security framework is to safeguard the security of individuals, families, communities and the state socially, economically and consequently, politically.

Freedom Foundation was conceived to proffer solutions to the ever mounting and staggering challenges within our society. We aim to advance the virtues of charity, justice, responsibility and integrity which represent the cornerstone that undergirds all our programs and initiatives. The Foundation was registered at the Corporate Affairs Commission, Abuja, Nigeria as an Incorporated Trustee on 13th May 2004. A number of units have been established within the Foundation to serve as tools for affecting social reintegration, rehabilitation and empowerment of identified vulnerable groups.

House of Refuge and Genesis House: programs and facilities for rehabilitation of drug dependent individuals and prostitutes.

Bethesda Child Support Agency and the Berean Institute: breaking the cycle of poverty through the provision of qualitative child education at Bethesda and adult education at the Berean Institute.

Freedom Funds & KSF Microfinance Bank Limited: alleviation of poverty through financial and economic empowerment.

I came across your post on nairaland and i would very much like you to work with us come any time you are in Nigeria. Our website is under development but you can see what we have on: www.freedomfoundationng.org

Please feel free to ask any questions you want to ask by contacting me at: f.osuntokun@freedomfoundationng.org. You have a lot you can do for us and gain from you as well, so send me an email.

Anticipating your soonest reply.
Re: Any Organizations For Abused Women And Children? by ifyeve1(f): 2:27pm On Jun 11, 2009
try wotclef and child abuse and neglect they are all ngos
Re: Any Organizations For Abused Women And Children? by evamii(f): 1:26pm On Jun 12, 2009
i checked out all of these organisations and i must admit they are really good ones , but the problem i had with the KIND and WOTCLEF foundation is that thier website have not been updated for years now, so its had to figure out if the organisation still exist. thank you guys so much for the information i really apprecaite it . any more organisation would be geatly appreciated

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) Massive Recruitment August 2016 / Vacancies At Ekiti State College Of Agriculture And Technology / How Many Of Us Said "Amen" To This? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.