Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,789 members, 7,875,963 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:33 AM

Army Currently Repelling Attack By Boko Haram Insurgents In Maiduguri - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Currently Repelling Attack By Boko Haram Insurgents In Maiduguri (45823 Views)

Soldiers Pose With Terrorist's Dead Body After Repelling Boko Haram Attack. PICS / Soldier Loses His Mom While Battling Boko Haram Insurgents In The North.Pictured / More Graphic Photos Of The Horror Carried Out By Boko Haram Insurgents In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Currently Repelling Attack By Boko Haram Insurgents In Maiduguri by Echepet(m): 4:55am On Dec 28, 2015
I once stayed in Polo area, popularly known as new high court, during my service year, it was one of the safe place back then to live during when BH guys attack the city regularly in 2011....Have friends and families I knew that care and love me when I was there. Now is not the time to look for LIA Mohammed but to pray for God's mercy over our country Nigeria and moreso save my friends because it's there homes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army Currently Repelling Attack By Boko Haram Insurgents In Maiduguri by AlPeter: 4:58am On Dec 28, 2015
Julietekekwe1:

Idiot, the government that do not respect court orders that is what u are supporting, one day the zoo security agents will rough handle u I will see if the court will save u. Yoruba's are very tribalistic, They are afred of the north that is while they will remain a slave to them forever. Our sin is that we said we want to be on our own. proudly 5% we want to be on our own, u people can continue the unblendeble marriage with them.
the K leg present in this write up is incredibly pathetic. I don't blame you though, i blame the last administration for looting the country to the extent that people like you, who seriously need it, can't get a proper education, ndo.
Re: Army Currently Repelling Attack By Boko Haram Insurgents In Maiduguri by olalat(m): 5:07am On Dec 28, 2015
U see now, the premise for u people argument is not the love for the country rather to vent ur futile anger on a govt u do not like, u did expect to emerge in the first place.is it the army formation the had issue with shiit that are at the thearter of war? Anyway, they wrote waec for many of you. Enlighthen you people could make thid forum boring. Continuing wallowing in your ignorance.
BUTCHCASSIDY:

Alright you m0r0n
This is your solution to terrorism
Ignore the terrorists and harass civilians
wake up fool this is not the soviet union
Re: Army Currently Repelling Attack By Boko Haram Insurgents In Maiduguri by olalat(m): 5:20am On Dec 28, 2015
U see, that's y u need some literary materials on critical thinking enhancement.it seems yours is somehow low couple with hatred you have for the government. The result is that u people are making fool of yourselves. Back to the issue. Do u realise maiduguri is as large as the entire south eastern part of nigeria. The reason you are hearing some of the pocket of invasion you are having all over now. That aside. The attack on maiduguri if its true can be planned within few hours by smuggling people from the areas they still have presence to come and make statement in other not to demoralise their memebers completely. If I may ask, what was the update u hear since yesterday, they have siezed 2nd division ba?, they outran our army? They have taken over d palace of el kanemi. U people need help.
HzRF:

“Today, I can report that the war against Boko Haram is largely won.
“I can confidently say this because just recently, I led a group of 33 journalists from both the local and international media to the hotbed of the insurgency, that is, Maiduguri, Kondugua, Kaoure and Bama.
“Today, I can report to you that the entire 70 plus kilometres stretch from Maiduguri to Bama and all the way to Banki which leads to Cameroun and the Central African Republic are in the hands of our gallant troops.”
He said the military presence could be felt ”every few metres along the road; at a point along that road we were just a kilometre to Sambisa forest.
“They have so degraded the capacity of Boko Haram that the terrorists can no longer hold on to any territory just as they can no longer carry out any spectacular attack.”

If this lies he put up is true why was Maiduguri attacked from 4 sides
Re: Army Currently Repelling Attack By Boko Haram Insurgents In Maiduguri by Analysiscorner: 5:31am On Dec 28, 2015
GoodGovernance:
[b]TROOPS INTERCEPT INSURGENTS

Troops Intercept Suicide Bombers
This evening, troops of Operation LAFIYA DOLE, intercepted and destroyed 10 suspected Boko Haram terrorists suicide bombers at the outskirts of Maiduguri city.
Contrary to earlier media reports and rumours flying around, 2 Boko Haram terrorists suspected suicide bombers earlier intercepted by vigilant troops disclosed their colleagues intent to enter the city with the aim of detonating bombs in selected public places. Consequently, the troops laid ambush on the terrorists suspected routes along Damboa road and eliminated them. The suicide bombers were intercepted in 3 different locations approaching the city; Ajiri area towards Damboa road, High Court axis and the Eye Hospital Area.
The Explosive Ordinance Device team have been mobilized and they are combing the general a area as well as clearing the debris. Normalcy has been restored to the general area and the public are please advised to go about their normal businesses and social activities. However, it is important to maintain more vigilance and security consciousness.

Please kindly disseminate this information to the public through your medium.

Thank you for your kind cooperation.

Colonel MUSTAPHA ANKA Media Coordinator
Operation LAFIYA DOLE
[/b]

So where is the attack?

Enemies of Nigeria,trying very hard to discredit a very factual statement:

''We have LARGELY defeated Boko haram''

Those who still cannot comprehend this basic English ,should go back to elementary school.Largely defeating BH does not imply 100% victory,there would still be pockets of ''distractions''.

When you recover all hitherto occupied territories from BH and almost eliminate their capacity to do same again,have you not largely defeated them?

Wailing wailers,how market?

Hon. minister LAI MOHAMMED remains a very patriotic and upright minister of Nigeria.Those calling him liars are the real liars and evil propagandist,against the Nigerian people.

Wailers will continue to have their say,whilst majority of Nigerians would continue to have their way to a progressive,successful and united Nigeria.But always remember:

He who insults his elders,does not intend to live long,few words are enough for the wise,even for the foolish!

LONG LIVE THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA!
Oga, not many that are angry at Lai Muhammed do so out of joy that Boko Haram are attacking Maiduguri. Rather, what pains them is the unnecessary public relations stunt by Lai and the COAS. My feeling is that Boko Haram mounted this particular attack in response to those claims of victory over them. It's like when Buhari came on board and promised that Boko Haram would be dealt with within 3 months. That assertion alone caused more Boko Haram attacks.

1 Like

Re: Army Currently Repelling Attack By Boko Haram Insurgents In Maiduguri by olalat(m): 5:35am On Dec 28, 2015
Agreed, the govt goofed.terrorism trive on propaganger, they make their money through it. Govt too want to demoralize them them, that's why in my little way of thinking. I have been following event in middle easet for some time now, a critical look at it is that Isisl is more of business venture. Corporational cospiracy. That aside. What our govt fail and even the army fail to understand is the fact that target is meant to be met 100%. If u perform about above average, your appraisal is still ok to some extent. No sane Nigeria will expect terrorism that vester for more than 6years to be totally eradicated witthin 6months. What we want is weather right approach is taken and all that. They ought to have adopted a different line of argument. Their presentation is wrong. To the noise makers. Merry xmas and happy new year. Hope u are going to write a better resolution devoid of wailling this year. Move on pls.
zzzzy:
the govt made them feel like they can't do anything through what they were saying. Although they were being suppresed, the govt'ld have kept it until they were sure that they are hopeless. The govt speeches made them to become more arrogant. They would have taken into consideration that psychologically it'll push them to do more. I just hope they wouldn't bomb anywhere on jan 1st to mock the govt that said dec 31st was their deadline. Anyway let's just keep praying for Nigeria rather than celebrating them for proving the govt wrong.
Re: Army Currently Repelling Attack By Boko Haram Insurgents In Maiduguri by olalat(m): 5:37am On Dec 28, 2015
Do and read. Even if u have poor educational bavkground, nothing stop u from developing yourself.
HzRF:

Really?

U mean lai didn't say that BH has been defeated?
Re: Army Currently Repelling Attack By Boko Haram Insurgents In Maiduguri by olalat(m): 5:39am On Dec 28, 2015
I don't dignify people like you with reply.
Hiploko:
taaaaaa!!! What are you saying. Did the secrete(secret) service visit you while you were busy pronouncing GEJ incompetent and writing rubbish against him? Abeg park well joor..
Re: Army Currently Repelling Attack By Boko Haram Insurgents In Maiduguri by olalat(m): 5:48am On Dec 28, 2015
And they were dealt with.can't you see? Many people are not happy as there was no case of bombing during the xmas. As I said earlier, you are not citiques, you are enemy of state. You are all commiting felony. Dss should visit you people. Put u where u will loose the little memory remain in apu filled skull. Undrground cell is where you belong. All of you. We shall overcome, nija shall overcome, patriotism shall prevail.
Analysiscorner:
Oga, not many that are angry at Lai Muhammed do so out of joy that Boko Haram are attacking Maiduguri. Rather, what pains them is the unnecessary public relations stunt by Lai and the COAS. My feeling is that Boko Haram mounted this particular attack in response to those claims of victory over them. It's like when Buhari came on board and promised that Boko Haram would be dealt with within 3 months. That assertion alone caused more Boko Haram attacks.
Re: Army Currently Repelling Attack By Boko Haram Insurgents In Maiduguri by tunde1200(m): 6:22am On Dec 28, 2015
yemmynoni:
until they bomb people b4 you believe abi? Children of hate...

Keep on wailing while the army is winning

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army Currently Repelling Attack By Boko Haram Insurgents In Maiduguri by Hiploko(m): 6:26am On Dec 28, 2015
olalat:
I don't dignify people like you with reply.
typing nonsense around and ironically feeling like you are making sense. undecided
Re: Army Currently Repelling Attack By Boko Haram Insurgents In Maiduguri by Nobody: 6:26am On Dec 28, 2015
olalat:
U see now, the premise for u people argument is not the love for the country rather to vent ur futile anger on a govt u do not like, u did expect to emerge in the first place.is it the army formation the had issue with shiit that are at the thearter of war? Anyway, they wrote waec for many of you. Enlighthen you people could make thid forum boring. Continuing wallowing in your ignorance.

You are the ignorant one here.
We have every right to be angry at a lying government that cant protect it's citizens
If you dont want us criticizing then ask us not to pay taxes

1 Like

Re: Army Currently Repelling Attack By Boko Haram Insurgents In Maiduguri by Nnabugwu8590: 6:32am On Dec 28, 2015
likila:

Lies Mohammed can lie about his resignation, then pass back to collect his salary.
Hahaha, my dear, you are very very funny.
Re: Army Currently Repelling Attack By Boko Haram Insurgents In Maiduguri by Nobody: 6:45am On Dec 28, 2015
olalat:
Criticizing u say, its ur right any. What im saying is you should put on ur thinking and say something reasonable in ur line of criticism. Many of you are just displaying stupidity with ur current approach. As if u cant think well. Besides, are the only one paying tax. To pay tax is compulsory guy, dont make it look as if u are doing somebody a favour here. U evade tax, u go to jail in an ideal society.

Maybe you should put on your own thinking cap and really understand what some of us are saying too unless you dont understand english too well in which case you are forgiven. Please re read my posts then lets talk
Re: Army Currently Repelling Attack By Boko Haram Insurgents In Maiduguri by demoore1(m): 7:01am On Dec 28, 2015
Nairaland has been infiltrated by some paid propagandists to deceive people. When there concerns if people are genuine some APC paid agents keep politicizing issues of great importance. LIE MOHAMMED AND COAS SHOULD APOLOGISE TO NIGERIAN. That's exactly what will happen in any developed nation.
Re: Army Currently Repelling Attack By Boko Haram Insurgents In Maiduguri by demoore1(m): 7:02am On Dec 28, 2015
Nairaland has been infiltrated by some paid propagandists to deceive people. When the concerns of people are genuine, some APC paid agents Will keep politicizing issues of great importance. LIE MOHAMMED AND COAS SHOULD APOLOGISE TO NIGERIAN. That's exactly what will happen in any developed nation.
Re: Army Currently Repelling Attack By Boko Haram Insurgents In Maiduguri by billyG(m): 7:18am On Dec 28, 2015
Boko Haram again why cnt d army use chemical weapon on those cockroaches?& end this war 4 good.
Re: Army Currently Repelling Attack By Boko Haram Insurgents In Maiduguri by tafrica(m): 7:20am On Dec 28, 2015
olalat:
And they were dealt with.can't you see? Many people are not happy as there was no case of bombing during the xmas. As I said earlier, you are not citiques, you are enemy of state. You are all commiting felony. Dss should visit you people. Put u where u will loose the little memory remain in apu filled skull. Undrground cell is where you belong. All of you. We shall overcome, nija shall overcome, patriotism shall prevail.

I don't know for others, but I personally am not happy at BokoHaram attacks. But we should stop the lies about BH because we want to appear patriotic.

BokoHaram attacked on Xmas day, killed 14, burnt houses and kidnapped 8.

As for last night attack, over 250 people were killed, houses were burnt and several cars were burnt at a filling station in the town. These were reported by @DonKlericuzio handle.

The questions; aren't those people being killed in hundreds animals or what, why do we want to trivialize this BH menace because we don't want to be seen as an enemy of the Govt.

While we pray we become victorious over BH, we shoud stop all these lies about 'technical victory'

God bless me to bless Nigeria.
Re: Army Currently Repelling Attack By Boko Haram Insurgents In Maiduguri by bewla(m): 7:21am On Dec 28, 2015
APCLyingBastard:
If Maiduguri falls so will the entire NE.

This is terrible to say the least.

The army must not fail or else ISIS will have a territory in Nigeria and a corridor via Niger waste lands to Libya.

The thought of lice ridden jihadists from Egypt and Libya joining them will only make the situation worse and hard to dislodge the group in an urban environment with a sizeable civilian shield.
Only u out of the front page craze that make sense c order quick to blame if u have a brother up in the not u look for solution not to blame or play politics with dose who dont care how many of us die. but i dont blame them talk is chip so let them talk but if what u say i pray it dose not happen we are in for a anaconda not this cobra we are try to kill for the past 5 years o
Re: Army Currently Repelling Attack By Boko Haram Insurgents In Maiduguri by abe4kom: 7:25am On Dec 28, 2015
Lobeez:
If only you knew who @DonKlericuzio is on twitter you wouldn't be saying this. You can take his tweets to the bank anyday, dude is connected.
Exercise your lazy mind and do a bit of research.
Thanks

Don't mind him. Let him who is hardworking give us the real situation on ground.

Imagine calling donklerikuzio lazy!

Dude is just pained that his oga is failing biggest time.
Re: Army Currently Repelling Attack By Boko Haram Insurgents In Maiduguri by wandy4G: 7:26am On Dec 28, 2015
makzeze:
It is true. I just evacuated my family to safety.
Congrats
Re: Army Currently Repelling Attack By Boko Haram Insurgents In Maiduguri by GoodGovernance: 7:27am On Dec 28, 2015
demoore1:
Nairaland has been infiltrated by some paid propagandists to deceive people. When the concerns of people are genuine, some APC paid agents Will keep politicizing issues of great importance. LIE MOHAMMED AND COAS SHOULD APOLOGISE TO NIGERIAN. That's exactly what will happen in any developed nation.

In developed countries,citizens rally behind their leaders during war time,they do not abuse their leaders.

There is nothing to apologise about:

We have LARGELY defeated Boko haram is a statement of fact.This does not imply 100% victory,occasional ''distractions'' are very much plausible.

We have recovered all hitherto occupied territories,that alone is enough to claim a very LARGE victory.

I strongly advise you and others alike, to disembark from your unpatriotic campaign of mischief and calumny against the majority of the progressive people of Nigeria.

We know when to pull down a non-performing government, to demand good governance,if and when the situation arises.The time is definitely not now.

Those still comparing a 7 month old APC government with a past 16 year PDP government,are the real LIARS!
Re: Army Currently Repelling Attack By Boko Haram Insurgents In Maiduguri by Analysiscorner: 7:35am On Dec 28, 2015
olalat:
Please, what is patriotism?
Re: Army Currently Repelling Attack By Boko Haram Insurgents In Maiduguri by Hiploko(m): 7:35am On Dec 28, 2015
GoodGovernance:

In developed countries,citizens rally behind their leaders during war time,they do not abuse their leaders.

We have LARGELY defeated Boko haram is a statement of fact.This does not imply 100% victory,occasional ''distractions'' are very much plausible.

We have recovered all hitherto occupied territories,that alone is enough to claim a very LARGE victory.

I strongly advise you and others alike, to disembark from your unpatriotic campaign of mischief and calumny against the majority of the progressive people of Nigeria.

We know when to pull down a non-performing government, to demand good governance,if and when the situation arises.The time is definitely not now.

Those still comparing a 7 month old APC government with a past 16 year PDP government,are the real LIARS!

nobody is comparing anything. Just holding people by their words. Integrity is important in anything you do. APC made promises with timelines. They have not met any. Hence, the anger. Mind you,many current APC key persons were part of the PDP 16 years.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army Currently Repelling Attack By Boko Haram Insurgents In Maiduguri by Analysiscorner: 7:44am On Dec 28, 2015
GoodGovernance:

Not just in developed countries, but rather in sane societies, including Africa.
Re: Army Currently Repelling Attack By Boko Haram Insurgents In Maiduguri by Omadachi(m): 7:46am On Dec 28, 2015
I just pity all those wishing boko haram to suceed so that they can laugh at Buhari.Is quite unfortunate.If boko haram evebtually conquer the north it will spell doom for Nigeria.The earlier people put GEJ defect behinde them the better.
Re: Army Currently Repelling Attack By Boko Haram Insurgents In Maiduguri by kernel504(m): 7:54am On Dec 28, 2015
Freegift75:
Why are Nigerian youth, mostly the jobless ones occupying Nairaland are becoming obstacle to peace of this nation?

How long will you continue to criticise instead of putting all hands on deck to curb this insurgency?

A fresh news just released and the next thing is to curse APC... Na wa oooooo

No wonder the nation is technologically retarded because our youth are myopic in their thinking

I wish our gallant soldiers victory over the evil animals in human nature

APC WHILE IN OPPOSITION DID SET THIS NEGATIVE MEDIA WAR, AND NOW IS WORKING AGAINST THEM.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army Currently Repelling Attack By Boko Haram Insurgents In Maiduguri by Analysiscorner: 8:09am On Dec 28, 2015
Omadachi:
I just pity all those wishing boko haram to suceed so that they can laugh at Buhari.Is quite unfortunate.If boko haram evebtually conquer the north it will spell doom for Nigeria.The earlier people put GEJ defect behinde them the better.
My dear, the need of the hour is for our president to work and not talk. Let him continue to fight Boko Haram terrorists, and by so doing, victory would come. Our victory wouldn't come from propaganda.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

$50m Found In Ikoyi: Esther Nnamdi-Ogbue's Lawyers Release Press Statement / Protest In London Over Alleged $1million Bribe To UK Officials In Nigeria / David Mark Solely Sworn In As A Mark Of Respect

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.