Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,621 members, 7,911,623 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 01:20 PM

Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight - Health (205) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight (334146 Views)

Best Food Routine For Loosing Weight? / Guys You Need Abs, Just 30 Days Daily Exercise For A Start / Jogging Sit Ups Push Ups. . .whats Your Daily Exercise Routine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 8:49pm On Aug 21, 2013
Ms_Steph: Food log:
Morning 3slice of bread with tea
Evening: 1 nd have serving spoon Of rice with 4pieces of intestine.
Dint go to d gym 2day cos I had an interview

Good job but what will 4 pieces do that 2 or 1 wont do better. grin
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 8:54pm On Aug 21, 2013
embarassedMy dear temptation. Pls hw mny calories did I consume? I really want to knw hw to count calories so I won't exceed my limit. Nd I knw I ask u a lot of questions pls wats d least calories to be consumed in a day? Is it 1200 or 2000
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 9:07pm On Aug 21, 2013
Ms_Steph: embarassedMy dear temptation. Pls hw mny calories did I consume? I really want to knw hw to count calories so I won't exceed my limit. Nd I knw I ask u a lot of questions pls wats d least calories to be consumed in a day? Is it 1200 or 2000

the minimum for a lady is 1000. Counting calories is very good but eating healthy/portion control is the best. In naija, the hardest thing to do in this weight loss journey is counting calories and by the time you what is contained in some of our foods, of course you will just stop eating.

For instance a 100g pounded yam is over 500cals, you have not counted what you have in that vegetable soup + meat + oil etc.

Just try to eat less and healthy of whatever food you eat thatsall grin
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 9:15pm On Aug 21, 2013
Hour_Glass:

Good job but what will 4 pieces do that 2 or 1 wont do better. grin

Baby how far?
I dey.
Keep up the good job wink
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 9:49pm On Aug 21, 2013
agabaI23:

Baby how far?
I dey.
Keep up the good job wink

I love making you proud.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 10:44pm On Aug 21, 2013
Hour_Glass:

I love making you proud.
Thanks hun. I love watching you do it
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 11:49pm On Aug 21, 2013
Afunkybaby: tanks so much yinx, where can i get skimmed milk from and how many calories do i need to take per day if i am to lose weight and how can i measure my calory intake

Go to any provision store and check for Dano slim or Marvel milk.. I'll advise u to go for Dano slim cuz it still has a minimal creamy taste but yet fat free... Monitor ur portions ooo. Forget the psychology behind calories for now and eat less.. Make ur plate colorful.. Stay away frm starches.. White Rice(if u must eat it, combine with beans), no white bread pls, u can eat enough fruits esp apples, watermelon, oranges.. Less of pineapples and bananas.. U can take dark chocolate..but its better to stay off, if u must have biscuits..choose crackers either TUC/Jacob's water cracker... Drink Green tea daily and No COKE/FANTA/SCHWEPPES, no fries, no alcohol pls... And always take it a step per day, if u slip, pick up urself and continue... Life is beautiful ok.. Don't starve urself Biko..

Lemme know how it goes, I'm struggling with my weight too, so nah same we be.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 10:26am On Aug 22, 2013
Today I went to d gym nd dey did a checkup on me dey said d reason y I have added is becos of my muscles is coming up so d muscle r heavy but I have dropped in body fat. But my daily calories too have reduced but I still consume much food. I use to eat like 2450 calories per day but nw I eat 2045calories per day. I knw its much but its a step forward since its my first month.
Exercise log
Bicycle 25mins I burnt 106calories
Jogging 10mins fast walking 10mins
Dumbbells 120x
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Romeo4real(m): 1:06pm On Aug 22, 2013
@Ms Steph -

my dear I am not starving o. On monday I ate like 1800 calories nd burnt like 500calories on tuesday morning or more 4 yesterday I ate 3slice of boiled yam with egg sause nd I ate boiled groundnut dats all

Try and understand that whilst weight gain is about calories in vs calories out, it really is not that simple.

1. A calorie is simply a unit of measurement. It is not anything physical
2. The human body does not "burn" calories for energy
3. Whilst a calorie of fat is equal to a calorie of carb or protein thermodynamically, in that they strictly produce the same amount of heat when burned, they are NOT equal in the way your body processes them.
4. Your body processes calories from different foods differently
5. The energy cost to metabolize fat, carbs (complex & simple) and protein is different
6. Calorie restriction slows metabolism
7. Fiber reduces calorie absorption
8. Quantity and Timing of eating affects calorie processing and insulin production

So, stop calorie counting. It is misleading and will only serve to confuse you more. No machine can realistically tell you how much calories have been "burnt" for any given exercise; it is simply making an assumption. Simply eat right, responsibly, regularly, and exercise consistently.

1 Like

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 22, 2013
yinx007:

Go to any provision store and check for Dano slim or Marvel milk.. I'll advise u to go for Dano slim cuz it still has a minimal creamy taste but yet fat free... Monitor ur portions ooo. Forget the psychology behind calories for now and eat less.. Make ur plate colorful.. Stay away frm starches.. White Rice(if u must eat it, combine with beans), no white bread pls, u can eat enough fruits esp apples, watermelon, oranges.. Less of pineapples and bananas.. U can take dark chocolate..but its better to stay off, if u must have biscuits..choose crackers either TUC/Jacob's water cracker... Drink Green tea daily and No COKE/FANTA/SCHWEPPES, no fries, no alcohol pls... And always take it a step per day, if u slip, pick up urself and continue... Life is beautiful ok.. Don't starve urself Biko..

Lemme know how it goes, I'm struggling with my weight too, so nah same we be.
thanks so much yinx
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 1:13pm On Aug 22, 2013
Tanks alot
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 8:42pm On Aug 22, 2013
1.5km -6 mins
1.5km- 6 mins
200 bike crunches
60 push ups
Plank
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 22, 2013
Food log
4 pieaces of yam
1 serving spoon of rice nd plenty meat
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Kensco(f): 11:49am On Aug 23, 2013
owkae! so I am new hia buh dis thread is interestin. i am tryin 2 lose sum weight as wel. tried skippin buh it leaves me feelin really tired nd I always seem 2 end up wif a headache. nw I weight abt 60kg buh I'ld lyk 2 b atleast 55kg. sadly I used 2 b a size 8 buh nw I am mur of a size 12. wah oda exercise tips culd help??
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Kensco(f): 11:55am On Aug 23, 2013
food log 4 yestadae.
10am-4 slices of bread nd a cup of tea
5pm-ofada rice nd beef
9pm-ofada rice nd beef(twas tasty,culdnt resist it)
water intake-abt 4litres.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 8:36pm On Aug 23, 2013
Exercise log:morning
Bicycle 20mins
Jogging/walking 30mins
Flexiology 30mins
Evening:
Bicycle 20mins
Running 10x
Jogging 10x
Dumbbells 300
Situp 120
Food log:morning
White bread nd tea 4slices
12 crackers with milk
Nd plenty water
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 8:53pm On Aug 24, 2013
Today is my diet gone wild today so I ate a lot. Went to d gym 1ce today.
Food log:morning
5slice nd tea
Evening:
Semo nd egusi soup with fish
1moi moi with egg.
Exercise log:
30mins on d bicycle
20mins on 1 machine dat I don't knw abt. All together I lost 315 calories
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 9:01pm On Aug 24, 2013
Keep it up ms Stephen.

At all, don't give up ! You are almost there,
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 24, 2013
Tanx
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 6:14pm On Aug 26, 2013
What happened to Morale since 2 days now? Hope all is well?

I have started working out this morning doing my abs and core, out of 8 exercises in a circuit I could only do 5 remaining 3 exercises. I actually stopped when I my abs kept shouting 'stop, stop, dont kill us' grin.

Tell us what your day had been like?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 26, 2013
Won't exercise 4 3days.
My food log:
1moi moi with garri nd 1 boiled egg
3 "swallow* of semo wit small egusi
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 7:36pm On Aug 26, 2013
Today
3km
500 bike crunches
60 push ups
2 mins plank
100 seated oblique with medball
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 7:37pm On Aug 26, 2013
Ms_Steph: Won't exercise 4 3days.

Wetin happen?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 7:39pm On Aug 26, 2013
agabaI23: Today
3km
500 bike crunches
[b]60 push ups
2 mins plank
[/b]100 seated oblique with medball

Machine shocked
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 7:44pm On Aug 26, 2013
Hour_Glass:

Wetin happen?
am very busy so no time till mayb thursday
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 8:28pm On Aug 26, 2013
I forgot to add plenty oranges. Like 10
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 10:27pm On Aug 26, 2013
Hour_Glass:

Machine shocked
Baby, all that so that I no go disappoint you. You get too much stamina grin grin
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 3:15am On Aug 29, 2013
Had some good time in the gym last night.
Treadmill
Weights and weights and weights
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 29, 2013
Calorie contents of your favorite African/Nigerian Dishes

http://africanweightloss.com/forum/index.php?board=5.20
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 9:24pm On Aug 29, 2013
Exercise log.
Morning: bicycle 20mins
Jogging nd walking 20mins.
Dumbbells 250x
Sit up 60
Evening:
3km walk
Bicycle 20mins
Threadmill(fastwalk) 15mins
Skipping 300
Dumbbells 300
Sit up 120
Food log:
Morning 2 serving spoon of beans
Evening 4pieces of yam with egg sauce
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 9:59pm On Aug 29, 2013
Ms_Steph: Exercise log.
Morning: bicycle 20mins
Jogging nd walking 20mins.
Dumbbells 250x
Sit up 60
Evening:
3km walk
Bicycle 20mins
Threadmill(fastwalk) 15mins
Skipping 300
Dumbbells 300
Sit up 120
Food log:
Morning 2 serving spoon of beans
Evening 4pieces of yam with egg sauce

Machines don dey plenty for this our thread o. Well done Steph.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 10:08pm On Aug 29, 2013
Hour_Glass:

Machines don dey plenty for this our thread o. Well done Steph.
lool. Tanx. My problem is food just wish I can reduce my portions more

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (230) (Reply)

Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. / Nigerian Herbs- Uses, Local Names And Pictures / Dew Bottled Water Causing Deaths In Nigeria? HOAX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.