Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,115 members, 7,943,031 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 11:16 PM

Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight - Health (206) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight (336102 Views)

Best Food Routine For Loosing Weight? / Guys You Need Abs, Just 30 Days Daily Exercise For A Start / Jogging Sit Ups Push Ups. . .whats Your Daily Exercise Routine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 10:14pm On Aug 29, 2013
Hour_Glass:

Machines don dey plenty for this our thread o. Well done Steph.
And you wetin you be? Keke? tongue
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 5:54am On Aug 30, 2013
agabaI23: And you wetin you be? Keke? tongue

You just dey know nii? How you dey?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 6:09am On Aug 30, 2013
Romeo4real: @Ms Steph -

Try and understand that whilst weight gain is about calories in vs calories out, it really is not that simple.

1. A calorie is simply a unit of measurement. It is not anything physical
2. The human body does not "burn" calories for energy
3. Whilst a calorie of fat is equal to a calorie of carb or protein thermodynamically, in that they strictly produce the same amount of heat when burned, they are NOT equal in the way your body processes them.
4. Your body processes calories from different foods differently
5. The energy cost to metabolize fat, carbs (complex & simple) and protein is different
6. Calorie restriction slows metabolism
7. Fiber reduces calorie absorption
8. Quantity and Timing of eating affects calorie processing and insulin production

So, stop calorie counting. It is misleading and will only serve to confuse you more. No machine can realistically tell you how much calories have been "burnt" for any given exercise; it is simply making an assumption. Simply eat right, responsibly, regularly, and exercise consistently.

How did I miss this? Romeo well done, how you dey?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 6:09am On Aug 30, 2013
Romeo4real: @Ms Steph -

Try and understand that whilst weight gain is about calories in vs calories out, it really is not that simple.

1. A calorie is simply a unit of measurement. It is not anything physical
2. The human body does not "burn" calories for energy
3. Whilst a calorie of fat is equal to a calorie of carb or protein thermodynamically, in that they strictly produce the same amount of heat when burned, they are NOT equal in the way your body processes them.
4. Your body processes calories from different foods differently
5. The energy cost to metabolize fat, carbs (complex & simple) and protein is different
6. Calorie restriction slows metabolism
7. Fiber reduces calorie absorption
8. Quantity and Timing of eating affects calorie processing and insulin production

So, stop calorie counting. It is misleading and will only serve to confuse you more. No machine can realistically tell you how much calories have been "burnt" for any given exercise; it is simply making an assumption. Simply eat right, responsibly, regularly, and exercise consistently.

How did I miss this? Romeo well done, how you dey?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 1:46pm On Aug 30, 2013
Is it posible 4 sum1 to lose 20kg in 3months?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by voucher(f): 3:32pm On Aug 30, 2013
embarassed Hello house..I really wanto lose weight buh I can't just get my self to stop eating! I weigh 80 nd I wuld like to get down to 68.I wuld lyk to knw how long dat will take too.I hv fat arms,nt soo fat tho,hips nd thighs..I registered in a gym nearby buh most of deir equipment re faulty so I hv stopd goin.help a sister o
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 30, 2013
voucher: embarassed Hello house..I really wanto lose weight buh I can't just get my self to stop eating! I weigh 80 nd I wuld like to get down to 68.I wuld lyk to knw how long dat will take too.I hv fat arms,nt soo fat tho,hips nd thighs..I registered in a gym nearby buh most of deir equipment re faulty so I hv stopd goin.help a sister o
we have a lot in common. Just dat am 89kg(due to muscle) I have fat thighs
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 7:14pm On Aug 30, 2013
Exercise log
Morning:
3km walk
Bicycle 20mins
Jogging nd walking 20mins
Skipping 200
Streching 30mins
Afternoon
Bicycle 1hr 20mins
Skipping 300
Food log
Afternoon: semo with obunu(don't knw d spelling) nd 5pieces of beef
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 30, 2013
Where is every1?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 9:37pm On Aug 30, 2013
Today
In the gym
1 hr 15 minutes,
Running, weights, strength exercise
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 6:12am On Aug 31, 2013
Hour_Glass: If you are so desperate then try Intermittent Fasting (read it up), I know it works only when you are consistent with it and ready to sustain it.

Please take good care of yourselves.

Where is my Agaby?
Mody how far na, cold dey catch you nii? grin
Yinkus well done.
Barbie, I wish...

HG mama,I'm ok oo,I know I've been AWOL,2 things happened.
1.My hussy employed me as site mgr for our project and its been taking my time,am far from the end but I now know I need this group cos;.
2.I checked my weight last week wednesday(curiosity cos "friends" remarked that I've gained some weight)and to my horror I got 83kg;I know I've been sloppy with my routine cos of angst and my issues with the rain and not flaring up my spondy and I've noticed a bit of tightness in some snug clothes.
To my horror and shame I got 83kg (a 5kg difference sad), didn't bother to get a second opinion,I got back into the grind and took my weight maintaince 30mins cardio 2x a week to 45x mins 4x a week with intensity and made up with JM
Will check my weight today and come back with an update cos within 5 days I felt a difference.
I now know workout is a biggy for me and also realised that for weight maintainace you have to still be on the same level.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 6:20am On Aug 31, 2013
@Agaby,
I am fine oo,thx for asking. grin

@All the newbies,
Welcome,it isn't easy but keep at it,the reward is fantastic;I am vain so I love when people who haven't seen me in ages look shocked it gives me JOY. You will fall at times but make sure you rise and don't forget the cause so you can make adjustments.its a marathon,we'll all get there.

@Ayinkuse,
Welldone.

All in all,I'm BACK!! Fully.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 7:15am On Aug 31, 2013
modath:
All in all,I'm BACK!! Fully.

Yaaaaayyy, welcome back dearie.

About the weight gain, its good because it did become a wake up call for you. If you ask me, I think maintenance is hardest part of weight loss. But I know its a walk over for ya and you will get it done, just do your thing.

Lol @ site manager, that is another wonderful place to get fitness minutes in, just look around there is something that will be worthwhile to handle.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 8:04am On Aug 31, 2013
Haaaa site manager!!! Welcome back oo. It is good to have You back oo. Please dont slide back oo cheesy grin
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 9:45pm On Aug 31, 2013
Exercise log
Morning
5km fast walk
6km slow walk
Aerobics 30mins
Bicycle 35mins
Afternoon
Bicycle 1hr 8mins
Skipping 300
Fast walk on treadmill 10mins
Food log
Afternoon: beans,1 piece of chicken nd 2pieces of beef with cake nd semo with okpunu soup.
Note: today is my free day for food. I eat watever I want
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 9:51pm On Aug 31, 2013
Ms_Steph: okpunu soup.

Are you Ibo, what soup is that?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 1:34am On Sep 01, 2013
Hour_Glass:

Are you Ibo, what soup is that?
am not o. Its draw soup. I can't spell d name
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 5:39am On Sep 01, 2013
Ms_Steph: am not o. Its draw soup. I can't spell d name
Ogbono soup. O ya Youve to pay for that spelling.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 5:53am On Sep 01, 2013
agabaI23: Ogbono soup. O ya Youve to pay for that spelling.

I was actually wondering o, I guessed as much sha. Ogbono is a pumpkin seed soup, in Yoruba we call it Apon. It is a low calorie stuff but the additions is what normally cause the problems for us grin

Agaby, what don't you collect money for?

@all, Happy New Month.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 6:18am On Sep 01, 2013
Hour_Glass:

I was actually wondering o, I guessed as much sha. Ogbono is a pumpkin seed soup, in Yoruba we call it Apon. It is a low calorie stuff but the additions is what normally cause the problems for us grin

Agaby, what don't you collect money for?

@all, Happy New Month.
Honey, I wasn't expecting money. I wanted her to return 30 press ups.

Ogbono is Not pumpkin. It is bush mango called apon like u said in yoruba.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 6:22am On Sep 01, 2013
Happy new month You losers cheesy grin
You shall lose all the weight you gained
You shall enjoy ur food and yet lose weight
Even on the project site You shall lose weight.
In your offices You shall lose weight
You shall lose weight until u are happy with the person staring at You in the mirror.

1 Like

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 8:56am On Sep 01, 2013
agabaI23: Honey, I wasn't expecting money. I wanted her to return 30 press ups.

Ogbono is Not pumpkin. It is bush mango called apon like u said in yoruba.

Bush Mango I thought that ogbono seed is gotten from that ugwu plant, there used to be a large fruit on it, I thought they get the ogbono from there o. Ha!

*Thanks for the correction dear, before I start mis-yearning around. I just Google it now *wondering where I saw ugwu seed sef*
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 8:59am On Sep 01, 2013
agabaI23: Happy new month You losers cheesy grin
In your offices i shall lose weight
You shall lose weight until u are happy with person staring at You in the mirror.

Amen tongue
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 10:14pm On Sep 01, 2013
agabaI23: Happy new month You losers cheesy grin
In your offices i shall lose weight
You shall lose weight until u are happy with person staring at You in the mirror.

Amin yarabi.. U are 2 gbaski! cheesy.. Na the same pentecoastal prayer of underserved/unmerited favour. wink
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 11:31pm On Sep 01, 2013
modath:

Amin yarabi.. U are 2 gbaski! cheesy.. Na the same pentecoastal prayer of underserved/unmerited favour. wink
grin cool
Pastor has prayed and so shall it beee.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 11:32pm On Sep 01, 2013
Hour_Glass:

Bush Mango I thought that ogbono seed is gotten from that ugwu plant, there used to be a large fruit on it, I thought they get the ogbono from there o. Ha!

*Thanks for the correction dear, before I start mis-yearning around. I just Google it now *wondering where I saw ugwu seed sef*
I'm glad I could help
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 5:04pm On Sep 02, 2013
@General house,
How everybody?

@HG,
I forgot to update about my weigh in,I got 82.2/1kg,(-.8kg)that is about 2lbs loss in 10days and like 1/2" in measurement. I feel good.
A neighbour has insanity(a leisurely waka exerciser grin),she only looked at it and decided its too "stressful",she's willing to "lend" me....oh la la la,she's my new best friend. wink.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 5:48pm On Sep 03, 2013
modath: @General house,
How everybody?

@HG,
I forgot to update about my weigh in,I got 82.2/1kg,(-.8kg)that is about 2lbs loss in 10days and like 1/2" in measurement. I feel good.
A neighbour has insanity(a leisurely waka exerciser grin),she only looked at it and decided its too "stressful",she's willing to "lend" me....oh la la la,she's my new best friend. wink.

Yaaaayyyy, congratulobia on the weight loss. Well done, I know Insanity will do job my dear. Never brought myself to loving plyometrics at all.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 11:13pm On Sep 03, 2013
Mody welldone there. Even If na 0.1 You lose, report am
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by rednaxx(m): 10:19am On Sep 04, 2013
It is also good to avoid anything white if you reaaly take your weight loss effort serious. This is because white Foods are less fibrous
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by topsy5(f): 11:28am On Sep 04, 2013
rednaxx: It is also good to avoid anything white if you reaaly take your weight loss effort serious. This is because white Foods are less fibrous
Ok. What do U mean by white food. Can you expantiate? And they are less fibrous
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 10:18pm On Sep 05, 2013
@Everyone,
Howdy... Quick observation;from my few weeks of staying put at a construction site from dusk till dawn. All the labourers involved in heavy lifting all have crazy abs. I'm talking totally RIPPED. Six packs on show.
They eat like crazy as well.

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (230) (Reply)

Nigerian Herbs- Uses, Local Names And Pictures / Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. / Dew Bottled Water Causing Deaths In Nigeria? HOAX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.