Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,714 members, 7,921,551 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 08:26 AM

Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight - Health (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight (334836 Views)

Best Food Routine For Loosing Weight? / Guys You Need Abs, Just 30 Days Daily Exercise For A Start / Jogging Sit Ups Push Ups. . .whats Your Daily Exercise Routine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 8:30pm On Feb 20, 2011
HourGlass1:

really, i was already thinking of asking you what stuff the dvd was like.

Hi,its similar but what i really enjoy about the 30 day shred DVD is the fact that it is a circuit and it doesn't let up, i have to be on point otherwise i will miss out if i take more than few seconds breather.just hang in there and be focused it will definitely get easier,

omotoyen:

@ Modath the exercise tape sounds challenging, where can i buy one in Lagos?

I don't live in Lagos,i live in FCT, i searched for it for months without any success,i had to settle for ordering for it from the U.S,i have it and ''Banish Fat Boost Metabolism''.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass1: 8:32pm On Feb 20, 2011
Hi everyone, hope you are all keeping on, everyone seems too quiet for comfort.

I have not been feeling motivated for the past three days now, i think i caught a cold along the way and its made my head rather heavy. I will take tomorrow off and i hope to get myself geared by Tuesday latest, pending then, stretching should be ok for me, what do you think modath & R4R?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 8:52pm On Feb 20, 2011
HourGlass1:

Hi everyone, hope you are all keeping on, everyone seems too quiet for comfort.

I have not been feeling motivated for the past three days now, i think i caught a cold along the way and its made my head rather heavy. I will take tomorrow off and i hope to get myself geared by Tuesday latest, pending then, stretching should be ok for me, what do you think modath & R4R?

Duh,sorry dearie head cold is one of the symptoms of over training,thank God you caught it on time,rest for three days allow your body find its base again.the stretches should not even induce a drop of sweat,just take it easy and take a lot of fluid.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 6:29am On Feb 22, 2011
where is everyone
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 12:19pm On Feb 22, 2011
Hi Modath,

How are u doing?

Does anyone wish to share any results they have accomplished in recent weeks.

Al though I feel I have been lost a small amount of wieght, I have just weighed myself at home and I am 132kg, which is unchanged from what it was when I started.

I hoping that it is due to the fact that my wieghing machin at home tends to make people appear 5kg heavier than te more accurate weighing machins in the gym.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 12:35pm On Feb 22, 2011
Today's log :

3 slices wholemeal bread sandwiches with egg and mayonnaise filling

2 pears

small bowl oats porridge with milk and spriinkling of Lecithin granules

Water:0.5 litre

exercise : 20mins
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass1: 3:32pm On Feb 22, 2011
Talking about changes, no changes yet but i feel am not creating enough deficit in the calories am consuming, so am not suprised if my weigh in is still stagnant. Give me some hard advice on my meals pls.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass1: 10:40am On Feb 23, 2011
I think we need some motivational talk on this thread. The spirit is really down
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 2:27pm On Feb 23, 2011
@General House,
Please don't give up,i could have posted something but the heat wave in Abuja has been real bad,my son was struck down with malaria, but he is alright now.i have also been capitalizing on this break,i rest and just do stretches for about 15 min [2x a day].
Ciao.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Romeo4real(m): 9:44am On Feb 24, 2011
Hi All,
Apologies for the silence, been very busy with family stuff.
The general tone of the thread seems to be very down, and i sense no enthusiasm or motivation from anyone. I will be back with a motivational pep talk later. But i warn u, it will not be soft or easy.
This is no time for tact or diplomatic talk.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 12:02pm On Feb 24, 2011
Hi All,

I do not think mood / motivation is necessarily down, I just think people do not see the need to post, I think it is still useful to post even if you do the same thing every day as it acts as a daily log for you to look back on, motivates more people to post and make the thread appear active.

People should also log days when they have eaten badly / not exercise as it happens and is part of the weight loss journey.

My log for today Thu 24th Feb 2011

3 slices of whole meal with peanut butter and tea

glass of water with food supplements (avena sativa extract 3ml)

5 tangerines and some oat porridge with milk powder and Lecithin granules.

20mins walk
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 3:54pm On Feb 24, 2011
I got back on the wagon today,i worked out with my 30 day shred DVD,did levels 1 and 2,but i did 2 first cos i wouldn't have been able to hack it if i did it the other way round,i also did my back and leg stretches.
I wish i knew a way to get across to peeps in the house but i truly don't ,all i can say is that i too will as Gen Buhari stated will start posting my log[both meal and exercise] no matter how inconsequential it seems to me.
So far today

Pre-workout=========one cucumber
Breakfast at 11 A.M====wheatmeal and okra with fish.
Will post my other meals later.
@Romeo,
Hi,am still expecting the shoulder strengthening routine,am also seeing some ''improvement'' in my sciatica,i don't know if i should attribute it to the stretches or the fact that i haven't been running with it.whatever the reason is am glad that things are shaping up.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by oyinmama(f): 5:18pm On Feb 25, 2011
Hi all,

I've been a silent observer on the thread all along, just wanted to respond to Omotoyen's question on the Jillian Michael's 30 Day shred DVD; the person who started this thread, Trimandtrendy once advertised that it could be gotten from her cousin in Lagos. Her name is Jumoke, 08036123710.

I got mine from her, about 7 wks back, and she sent it over to me here in Abuja, hope this helps!

Have a great weekend y'all wink
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass1: 8:27pm On Feb 25, 2011
@ oyin how much does that cost

@all sorry no post, trying to take care of myself and handle some personal stuff. I will definitely be back.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by oyinmama(f): 9:19pm On Feb 25, 2011
Hi HG, a copy was #1500, they are actually copies, not the original DVD. I didn't mind sha, u can call her on the number I put; she also had Zumba and other workout vids.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by rajeevbhutani001: 6:57am On Feb 26, 2011
Information given is really very good for health.Thanks for this.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 11:15am On Feb 26, 2011
oyinmama:

Hi HG, a copy was #1500, they are actually copies, not the original DVD. I didn't mind sha, u can call her on the number I put; she also had Zumba and other workout vids.

Oyinmama,
The #1500 is with delivery i hope,cos its a bit pricey mine is the original and it costs the same,anyway apart from zumba,what other DVDs does she have? i want to increase mt stock.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 11:24am On Feb 26, 2011
Hi all,
How are you doing?

Log for Friday 25/02/11

Breakfast=====Left over rice and vegetable sauce

Lunch=======Garri and groudnut

Dinner=======wheatmeal and vegetable sauce and fish

I spent a better part of the day walking around a bush market [about 5 hrs]shopping for food items and that has taken care of exercise for both yesterday and even today 26/02/11.it was hectic.
Will post the log for today later.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by oyinmama(f): 11:24am On Feb 26, 2011
Hi modath,
You can call her on the number I put earlier to get details of the other DVDs she has. She sent it thru a transport coy coming from Lag to Abj and I paid the 1k for that; it was two DVDs I bought from her.
Cheers!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 11:36am On Feb 26, 2011
oyinmama:

Hi modath,
You can call her on the number I put earlier to get details of the other DVDs she has. She sent it thru a transport coy coming from Lag to Abj and I paid the 1k for that; it was two DVDs I bought from her.
Cheers!

I'm sorry for being such a bore but the two copies you got you paid #3000 right or is it #1500 for the two.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by oyinmama(f): 11:42am On Feb 26, 2011
No, u are not being a bore, I. she sent two copies each of 30 day shred and Zumba for my sister and I, making 6k, then I paid 1k to get the four to Abj.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 12:16pm On Feb 26, 2011
Isn't Zumba something to do with dance,i don't have the patience for stuff like that and i already have 30 day shred and Banish fat boost metabolism,i just want something like yoga meltdown or something for stretches at the moment,am still expecting more DVDs from the U.S though.
I will eventually spring for Jillian's six week six pack&No more trouble zone if i don't receive them within the next 2 months,i am too miserly to pay the same amount as what an original costs for a copy if i don't absolutely have to.
Thanks.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 12:18pm On Feb 26, 2011
@Eja &Carpe diem,
How are you and the buns in the ovens
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by oyinmama(f): 12:26pm On Feb 26, 2011
That's cool modath. Was just responding to HG question about getting the DVDs in Lagos. Have a good weekendwink
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 6:04pm On Feb 26, 2011
I'm sorry that my acerbic humour got lost in translation,i didn't mean to sound harsh,what i was saying is that since i already have the two that are getting the most 5 star reviews[at the moment] of Jillian's DVDs, just need something that will make me limber and pain free[something like Yoga meltdown],and will only purchase copies if i don't eventually get the other ones a family friend is sending to me on time,i just took delivery of the ones i have last week ,i still haven't tried to see what level 3 has to offer cos levels one and two are kicking my , big time. the packaging of BFBM is still intact!!!!!!.
I wish you knew me better,i am not a rude person i am just a someone who says hasn't fully mastered the art of diplomacy but by God i will bend.
I'm sincerely sorry.
ciao.

N.B==How are you doing on the 30 day shred,its just making a mockery of my perceived fitness,but i am someone who admires Jillian a great deal,she takes no prisoners.Holla back.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 6:08pm On Feb 26, 2011
Log for 26/02/11

Breakfast ======= Pap and milk
Mid day==========Rice and goat meat sauce
Dinner[in view]=====Beans and wheat bread
I have also been snacking on paw paw all day.

No exercise for today cos i did it yesterday[LOL]
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 6:12pm On Feb 26, 2011
@Modath,
When am i getting my shoulder strength routine and i have also started on the pregnacare as you advised,my Hussy was looking at me cross eyed when he brought it home from the pharmacy!!!!! I am sure he is waiting for a protruding tummy cos he finds it strange despite my explanations.Its funny though.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by oyinmama(f): 6:16pm On Feb 26, 2011
Lol modath, no offence taken! The 30 day shred is intense, but I like Jillian's no-nonsense style sha,
Who knows, we might meet one of these days in town! Have a great evening!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 9:31pm On Feb 26, 2011
thanks for all the efforts oyin,

@modath i have some questions for you and R4R.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 9:49pm On Feb 26, 2011
modath/R4R, how long does it take the body to effect a weight loss? what i mean is this, this issue of the body going into an alert mode when creating a deficit and relaxing when you stop.what is it about? What is the mechanism my body work with, in all these am doing?

Hear this!!

I started at 83kg, despite exercise I climbed to 85kg and i felt it was the meals, last week i lost the motivation to exercise coupled with the the flu. Till this morning there was no exercise other than 5 mins walk daily. I decided to weigh in this morning just for the sake of checking and lo and behold it was 81.5kg, i was actually surprised, though i intend checking tomorrow morning again to be sure. How do I explain this now?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Romeo4real(m): 10:18pm On Feb 26, 2011
@ Modath -

Here it is finally!. Im sending you links, as they are not easy to describe. I hope they help. The stretches will def help the sciatica, so keep doing them.

Also try these exercises for the sciatica - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ0882p1tzc, and you can also include some standing Oblique Twists - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdhWBp5lWqc. Do keep your feet a bit more together than in the video, and don't do it as fast. Make sure ur abdominals are tensed as you do the exercise.

For the shoulders, do the stretches and strengthening exercises below -

(1) http://www.svl.ch/files/shoulder_strengthening.pdf. I can send the pdf for this to you. Send me ur email addy.
(2)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KUzqNBeqAw - you can do this standing up as well.
(3) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OSiw5wGIsc&feature=related

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (230) (Reply)

Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. / Nigerian Herbs- Uses, Local Names And Pictures / Dew Bottled Water Causing Deaths In Nigeria? HOAX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.