Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,581 members, 7,978,925 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 05:01 PM

Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight - Health (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight (338135 Views)

Best Food Routine For Loosing Weight? / Guys You Need Abs, Just 30 Days Daily Exercise For A Start / Jogging Sit Ups Push Ups. . .whats Your Daily Exercise Routine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ugo2u(m): 2:58pm On Oct 14, 2011
na wah oh, you guys are really stepping it up in here
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 7:49pm On Oct 14, 2011
Friday 14th October

Brisk Walk 25mins
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 8:57am On Oct 15, 2011
Today
400 bike crunches
300 seated oblique twist with 30kg
Plank
Walking(the Olympic type)
Watched people play volleyball.

@modath
Hehe welcome back. I knew you would miss me;-)

@babsy
How you dey?

@HG
I wouldn't mind you shouting my name ig it would be in high tone and quick succession. Good you revived the thread though.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Goldminds(m): 12:41pm On Oct 15, 2011
Interesting tread, ok,so here's my own routine(if u can call it that)
I work all nite sitn behind a computer(webmaster@ leadership newspapers,n blogger:www.atibileschronicles..com)then go home in d mornx,stuff myself with mostly carbs,sleep thru d better part of d day, n then go back to d same routine @ nite!, no exercise.And my tommy is givn me signs of protrusion lately.need a lifestyle change urgently too.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 2:06pm On Oct 15, 2011
agabaI23:

Today
400 bike crunches
300 seated oblique twist with 30kg
Plank
Walking(the Olympic type)
Watched people play volleyball.

@modath
Hehe welcome back. I knew you would miss me;-)

@babsy
How you dey?

@HG
I wouldn't mind you shouting my name ig it would be in high tone and quick succession. Good you revived the thread though.

OMG, where did I jam this guy ooooooo. I forgive you sha and most happy to ave you back
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 2:19pm On Oct 15, 2011
Welcome to the thread 'Goldie'. Just as my oga ask here, log ur present statistics and ur goals. Then we know how to help ourselves from there. Its good to note that good sleep is needed for weight loss and a healthy body.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 7:27pm On Oct 15, 2011
Saturday 15th October

Exercise:
45 brisk walking

Food wise; was a good day  cool
[
@Barbie girl,
Am happy to report that am now  at 77.3kg,woo hoo. 3 days of  Skipping and stair climbing did the magic.

[quote][/quote]

^ @ Modath: What brilliant news modath! well done on shifting the scales further.  smiley A great motivator indeed.

@HG: I dey o, yeah wey that babe with all the exotic food, think her name was PA1982  hope she didn't feel fed up as the thread was rather quiet at the time she was postin
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 8:06pm On Oct 15, 2011
babs2011:

@HG: I dey o, yeah wey that babe with all the exotic food, think her name was PA1982  hope she didn't feel fed up as the thread was rather quiet at the time she was posting

yeah, that is her name PA, i hope she will just peep in and know that we are serious still.

I took a rest from workout today, I woke up washing, cooking and cleaning till noon when I went for Owambe (food was bad) embarassed

Nice weekend at all, do not forget to write ur meals and exercises down, and keep a serious watch over them. We shall get there
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 2:56pm On Oct 16, 2011
A very quiet place here today, right?

I understand very well, our resting day + other 'extra curricula activities' its allowed. And while you do that, I need you to read this, its a pack of other things you can do on a day like this that still burns the calories without jumping up and down like a hungry monkey devoid of the FUN. Had to do 200 skips today to stick to my 6 days of workout since yesterday snatched itself from me.

sparkpeople.com/resource/fitness_articles.asp?id=80

Its a must read o, at least as you relax and prepare for another week of fitness
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 3:22pm On Oct 16, 2011
There is one thing I am finding out on this weight loss journey, handle it well and you will be surprised at how much you face and conquer life's challenges. You can, the same way you resist that 'doughnut + soda' resist other stronger temptations (to do evil or compromise ur integrity) that comes ur way in life. So in my opinion if you handle this healthy journey seriously, you will realise that not only will you be fit and healthy but you become a better person. For me, I am waging war against inconsistency in my meals and exercise routine but I saw beyond that to realise that I 'may' actually be inconsistent in facing my daily living too if I am not careful. I learn more than fitness whenever I jump here and there like someone without brains. To take care of setbacks however, read this too.

sparkpeople.com/resource/motivation_articles.asp?id=113&page=2
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 8:07pm On Oct 16, 2011
@General House,
Hi ALL, and hy are people so self destructive Self sabotage is the pits!!,a friend(female) in the neighbourhood who slows me. down whenever she works out with me just put herself in the dog house from today(I never minded ever cos I am "trying" to help her in my own little way). She just demolished three (3) small bottles of Guiness stout, at another neighbourhood friend's child dedication. WTF!
Tomorrow she'd tell me she keeps "increasing" in both girth and weight through no fault of hers,na my Fault!!.
@Agaba,mum's the word.
@Barbie girl,am blushing.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by mightlove(f): 10:29pm On Oct 16, 2011
@all:good to see the thread active
@goldie:welcome
@modath:welcome back.congrats on the the lost pounds! How far with this rikielle lady on sparkpeople?have seqrched but she is no where to be found. Have you checked her lately?
Logs for yesterday 15/10/2011
40 minutes on the cross trainer

today 16/10/2011 - feeling some aches and discomfort and so had to take some rest.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 8:46am On Oct 17, 2011
@modath, hmmmmmn. The way you pretended not to see her is the same way you will pretend not hear the day she starts to rant. The only concern I have is the disturbance she might be giving you. Take care

@ML, well done. About that lady on spark, is it not good if you find other wonderful ladies to motivate you? I believe there loads of them there. I am not sure she is still existing on that board or prolly the name is misspelt too.

Today's Log

Strange as it may be, I could not go beyond 20 mins in my 44 mins tae bo cardio this morning, my heart was racing at a speed I was not convenient with, so I had to stop. I will repeat 2moro and if its the same way, I may need some help.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 11:00am On Oct 17, 2011
Ok Modath I will use mum's word next time
grin

Today
25mins run(10 stadiums)
400 bike crunches
200 seated oblique twists with 30 kg
Plank.

Be encouraged all.
HG I like your new vigour
Babsy welldone
Mighty how you dey?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by AjanleKoko: 3:22pm On Oct 17, 2011
Back on the beat, y'all.
This week it'll be the following schedule below:

Morning exercise: 3km run, Forward and side planks, 20 forward and 20 each side.
Breakfast: whole wheat bread (2 slices) with low fat spread.
Lunch: 1 banana + efo
Dinner: fruit salad.
Evening exercise: 3km walk.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by mightlove(f): 4:30pm On Oct 17, 2011
@Agaba: thanks. good to see that we are all active on the thread now.
@HG: thanks dear. i actually have loads of other spark motivators and whenever i read their success stories/blog, i am usually all fired up. i guess i am particularly concerned about seeing her blo again cos she happened to be the 1st wow success story i read on sparkpeople and i actually checked her out when modath talked so much about about her success and my God I was thrilled.
Infact, one of the success stories that struck me again is one krysties4. there are actually loads of them like you said, dont know why i am particular about her, anway.
Welldone, i can see you mean business oh. keep it up, you are motivating us.

I  dont know if i will workout today as i am nursing feverish feelings again, barely 3 weeks after i treated malaria. Have gone to the hospital and ran some test and waiting for the result so incase you dont see my logs, i have decided to take a rest. will workout when i feel up to it.
Have a great week guys.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by mightlove(f): 4:34pm On Oct 17, 2011
@ajanlekoko:welcome back.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by omokwe(m): 5:29pm On Oct 17, 2011
Hi, i am Omokwe Kingsley
CEO/Founder, Success Group
I am a Biochemist and a researcher, interesting enough am here to tell and show you, you can burn fat fast without a diet plan, starvation and drugs, other women and others can't be wrong,
www.facebook.com/3stepsfatburn
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 9:12pm On Oct 17, 2011
mightlove:

@Agaba: thanks. good to see that we are all active on the thread now.
@HG: thanks dear. i actually have loads of other spark motivators and whenever i read their success stories/blog, i am usually all fired up. i guess i am particularly concerned about seeing her blo again cos she happened to be the 1st wow success story i read on sparkpeople and i actually checked her out when modath talked so much about about her success and my God I was thrilled.
Infact, one of the success stories that struck me again is one krysties4. there are actually loads of them like you said, dont know why i am particular about her, anway.
Welldone, i can see you mean business oh. keep it up, you are motivating us.

I dont know if i will workout today as i am nursing feverish feelings again, barely 3 weeks after i treated malaria. Have gone to the hospital and ran some test and waiting for the result so incase you dont see my logs, i have decided to take a rest. will workout when i feel up to it.
Have a great week guys.

@ML, that is no good news now, but I hope they really checked 'every every' in case its, you know what I mean sha. Please take good care of yourself and keep fit. In fact make fresh fish pepper soup, its healthy and also deals with malaria *winks* (not really sure of that o lol). Love you
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Jarus(m): 10:23pm On Oct 17, 2011
Oh, what a great thread I'm just discovering. How can I miss this thread since 2009! Anyway, at last I've found a thread that will encourage me in my poor exercise routine, especially with regular faces here, I can get along well. Intro:

Name: Jarus
Aim: Exercise and dietary aim is not to gain or lose weight. I'm between 70-75, last 73 actually.

Aim is medical. One of my internal organs is, since few months back,found to be functioning at a little less than 100%, so in addition to the drug I'm taking which I ship from California on monthly basis, exercise and diet are the 2 other things recommended to complement my drugs to make me achieve full organ functioning.

But problem is while I take the drugs religious, I have been lazy with the exercise.

They are just boring for me; on Saturdays, I walk a 3km Badore road in the morning. Very rare cases I do Saturday and Sunday, sometimes, I do only Saturday or Sunday. It's'just boring to me.

However, I find playing Table tennis or football more fun, since I want exercise to meet fun to prevent boredom. So here is my typical week.

Walk 3km road: 1 day(Sat or Sunday morning)
Walk half 1 km to buy newspapers(1 day, Sunday morning)
Play 30 minutes football(1 day, Sat or Sun morning)
Play table tennis(I play TT with all my body, jumping, stretching my arms to smatch, sweating etc) - 3 nights per week, like 30 mins to 1 hr per day

Irregular walks - like 1/4 km walk to my bus stop(I hardly drive to office, go join staff bus) 3 times a week

Plus other irregular exercises like, if spirit directs, jog for few minutes within the area early morning like 1 time per week.

As per diet, unfortunately, I appear lost hear. I was advised to take more of low glycemic index foods, but when I searched for that I dont even know where Naija foods fall into sef, na oyinbo food dem take do examples. So I just cotinue with my normal amola, eba, pounded yam, porridge, rice etc, takes fruit salad everyday, drinks plenty of water etc. I'm also not doing enough in staying away from fried and related things or snacks. I want to stay off them but I have just not been able to, but my intake of junks has reduced. Also, i have reduced on my sugar intake.

Maybe monitoring my exercise and diet on this thread will help me have a measurable improvement and discipline.

Will account for my exercise and diet here on daily basis going forward by God's grace.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 18, 2011
Hi All.
Excercise:

Water: 1L

Food:

300g salad containing  couscous and chicken
avocado
3 slices wholemeal bread with peanut butter
small bowl of oats porridge
3 large cups of green tea
5 pieces of fried chicken

@Jarus,
Welcome Jarus - nice to see you here.

Do you need to lose weight?

What is your current weight  (in Kgs) and height (in metres)
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Jarus(m): 2:01pm On Oct 18, 2011
At 73 kg and 1.75m respectively, I dont think I need to lose weight.

Like I mentioned up, goal of exercise is to remain fit, agile and burn excessive fats.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 4:42pm On Oct 18, 2011
Jarus:

At 73 kg and 1.75m respectively, I dont think I need to lose weight.

Like I mentioned up, goal of exercise is to remain fit, agile and burn excessive fats.

yeah as i can see, what you are doing presently is just enough to maintain ur weight. But take a break with the junk foods as it can affect even ur health too. Take care
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 8:27pm On Oct 18, 2011
Monday 17th Oct

Exercise:

25 mins brisk walk uphill pushing buggy.

Tuesday 18th Oct:

Exercise:

43mins Taebo dvd (Celebrity Get Fit)

Welcome new members to this thread!
@HG: aka 'Mrs Motivator' grin, glad you listened to your body, I can be very stubborn in that regard just wanting to push thru and complete the dvd, but when your heart is beating that fast, its wise to step back.

@ house: lets keep keeping on!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by mightlove(f): 8:43pm On Oct 18, 2011
@jarus:welcome
@HG:thanks oh. I will consider the pepper soup aspect oh.concerning the test, they have done the 'every every' and it is all negative, hehehe. My LMP was 14th of this month so that is out of it even without any test. Have a great time working out. I will join u soon.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 9:26pm On Oct 18, 2011
@barbie, thanks for the concern o, i really got scared at a point yesterday o, at least its been a regular thing to do the whole stuff at a goal, so i just got really scared. In fact I took today off, but 2moro God's willing I will be back on my tracks. Nice one with 'celebrity get fit', which one is ur favorite? I dont have much but i just love taebo cardio, I think its beginners. Although the bootcamp series is perfect too. Really in love with the guy.

@ ML, haaaaaaaaa, you really caught me on that. Its ok sha, always good to check. Stay well and fit.

Logs for today

No exercise but stretching at every opportunity, even on my desk, and in the bathroom. Water was good, lost count when I almost became a carmel.

Nite nitty
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 10:15am On Oct 19, 2011
@HG: I'm not surprised you like Billy Blanks  grin afterall you were always a tae bo queen whilst Modath is the 'shred'/JM queen and I'm a bit of both hehe  wink

My favourite Tae bo workout dvd has to be 'Get Ripped'. It's one of his early ones and you have everyone in the class to keep you motivated from an 8yr old girl to a 70 something year old mama all working out like mad. A very fun and energetic workout that targets all areas. It's about 45mins in all so not too long. Always feel buzzed when i do this one.
I also like the 'Ultimate Bootcamp' and 'Tae bo Advanced' for one when I'm in the mood for a thorough drilling from BB and want to push myself harder. They are both approx 60mins long so I do them when I have that time planned out.
My 'go to' taebo dvd for when I'm short on time is 'Cardio Bootcamp Live' at only 29mins long from start to end - it's just perfect to slot into a busy schedule.

A bit achey this morning so rest day today, although might try and incorporate some walking into my day later if poss.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 12:08pm On Oct 19, 2011
-++++++++++-----------+I greet una!
Wednesday 19th October 2011

Exercise: 2 sets of press ups and squats

Water: 2L

Food:
banana
2 slices wholemeal bread with peanut butter
250g cottage cheese
450g salad /pasta mix
avocado
pear
3 cups green tea
attended a party for work colleague and ate too much food from buffet:
approx : 4 egg, vegetarian sandwiches,
Slice of quiche
a bowl of chopped fruit
3 slices of wholemeal bread with peanut butter.
cup of milky tea
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 1:12pm On Oct 19, 2011
@ barbie, you seems to have a longer history of the man than myself and more DVDs too, am trying to have a total collection of the man if possible. Apart from these, I feel the man looks like my late dad especially the dental structure and the face on its entirety. So atimes i just feel like taking instructions from my dad, lol.

@genB, can I give you a challenge on press up? It will help you a lot, if you can follow it. I intend to incorporate it soon as a challenge. Here is the link:

hundredpushups.com/test.html
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 19, 2011
@Hour_Glass
Thanks for the offer of the challenge. I can not possibly refuse smiley

I will report back tomorrow.

It would be good to hear back from others that decide to take the challenge also.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 11:06pm On Oct 19, 2011
@Generel House, How una dey?? Happy to report that am now back to my happy weight of 76.5kg. Woo hoo, Stair climbing and skipping are real killers but wouldn't have it any other way. Also stoked to report that my backache on a scale of 1-10 is now a 2.5,its there but its no issue,if only my shoulder will get the message,scram and let me get back to doing "REAL PUSH UPS"
Barbie girl,thanks for reminding me,I've been neglecting JM,will renew our on off and see if I she still will make me feel her "LIKE YOU'RE GOING TO DIE" Ciao!.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 6:30am On Oct 20, 2011
@modath, its good to hear the good news first about your health then the weight loss. I am truly proud of my master. But please let the back be happy, dont strain it for any reason, as in if steps aerobics and jumping rope is doing the job then so be it. The need of strength training other muscle groups may come once a while at least to firm your skin which is just understandable. At best your body is the only checker you have, the moment it starts whimpering pls listen and stop. We shall all get there.

Logs for yesterday

Reverse crunches - 12 reps resting for 60 secs between sets, I did it for 15 mins (dint count the number till I finished)
Leg raises - 2 sets of 10 reps
abdominal crunches - 4 sets of 8 reps
Did 4 yoga poses I just learnt

stretched

The light in my house just became epileptic and the reasons for the inconsistency in my DVDs for almost a week now, they switch off the light by 4am now. The battery of my lappy is just so disappointing. So till they finish their so called general OVERHAULING, I will need to bear with them and improvise.

123 are you well? GenB find him pls, before the whirlwind carry him again.
Nice and fit day ahead.

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (230) (Reply)

Nigerian Herbs- Uses, Local Names And Pictures / Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. / Dew Bottled Water Causing Deaths In Nigeria? HOAX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.