Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,882 members, 7,906,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 08:36 AM

The Ugly Religious. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Ugly Religious. (303 Views)

Non Religious Believers in god Come Here / I Don't Want To Marry A Christian Or Religious Person. / When Will The Church Have The Courage To Face This ‘ugly’ Home Truth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Ugly Religious. by ValentineMary(m): 6:40pm On Dec 28, 2015
"Harassment, sexual repression, exploitation of nuns by priests and clandestine same sex relations take place behind the closed doors of church convents. Society has every right to know what is happening to nuns. When a woman is molested only one in thousand will speak out. Then think of the nuns, they will not speak out the truth.Lesbian relations are quite common in many of the convents, where nuns often get bonded as pairs for emotional and physical relief.The church is a formidable fortress. The mental torture there was unbearable. People say that everything is OK, but I was in the convent and I want them to know what goes on. I have concerns for others."- Jesme Raphael, former nun, who wrote the book 'Amen' about sexual exploitation of nuns by priests within the church.

(1) (Reply)

Your Earthly Father Is Your Father In Flesh / The Easter Celebration, What To Learn From It... / Practicing A Lifestyle Of Feeding The Poor Is Convenant Demand From God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.