Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,302 members, 7,881,110 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:42 PM

Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra (53308 Views)

History Of Tribal Wars Between Igbo And Yoruba In Nigeria Since 1946 (part One) / #soundoff: The Glaring Difference Between Stella Oduah And Babatunde Fashola / On South South And Biafra...a Rivers-man View (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 29, 2015
na dis kind post dy make front page....
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:48am On Dec 29, 2015
CSTR2:
Of course, anioma is not an ethnic group. They are a subsets of a bigger ethnic group.
If Ika did not SIGNIFICANTLY support the biafran agenda, then why did murtala muhammed carry out a spree of vengeful anti-biafran cold blooded murders in the part of Nigeria and most parts of anioma.?
It is not totally correct to say that IKA overwhelmingly supported or supports biafra, it is also very wrong to say they didn't.
Oga Ika's ancestry is traced to the Bini, so is the Kwales and other groups. They still maintain they aren't Igbos and you are here forcing them. They didn't support Biafra

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Nwanna2588: 9:48am On Dec 29, 2015
2." When Ojukwu declared is Biafra, he was Governor of Eastern state that exclude Rivers, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom and Cross river. Old Rivers and Old Cross river were already created by Gowon".

You're not a history student. Your ignorance is alarming! Always carry out research before you post in a public like this.
Biafra was not only SE as your post is indirectly saying. The number 2 in command was not also from SE.
Don't forget that some of your Yoruba soldiers fought in Biafran side just as Ike Nwachukwu fought in Nigerian side.

2 Likes

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by mekanaky: 9:48am On Dec 29, 2015
asorocker:
I will not dignify you with a reply.
you have replied already
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:49am On Dec 29, 2015
Sweetlemon:

Lol! Long time. Stubborn boy
Naughty, stubborn calabar girl... Hope you were among the dancers in the Calabar carnival?
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Sweetlemon(f): 9:50am On Dec 29, 2015
CSTR2:
How many akwaibom or crossriverians have monuments erected in their honour, let alone a seccessionist?
The Nigerian govt would have discouraged such outrightly. They didn't even want to give him a national burial.
The politics of the civil war after-math that made some people deny their igbo heritage is enough to remove any memory of biafra from the akwa-cross area.

What is this one saying?

Important roads, hospitals, and some government artifacts in Akwa-Ibom and Cross river are named after some notable sons and daughters of Akwa/Cross. In fact, you'd see more Igbo monuments in Lagos than in Akwa/Cross or even anywhere else in SS for that matter. That is why I don't know why you Igbos hate Yorubas so much. Those people are very accommodating. No Igboish sounding name can even dare to vie for ordinary councilor in the SS (minus Delta and Rivers upland areas)
Also when mentioning notable Akwa/Cross sons and daughters, nowhere will you hear of that Effiong guy. And yes we have a lot of respected men and families in Akwa/Cross.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:50am On Dec 29, 2015
cabaliciouscabal:

Tony ow u dey now, op u ar aving fun dis festive period.
Bros I de o. This your moniker funny o.

How you de rock d season?
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by EasternPride: 9:51am On Dec 29, 2015
hungryboy:
Why majority of SS people don't really favour the idea of joining the Biafran struggle, it's not just because of the 'igbo wan come drink our oil excuse', like many always want people to believe,
It's because, after what we have gone through in Nigeria,
With the hausa/fulani North having a majority population that only needs a few votes from the South to win the Presidential elections,

We can't agitate for a country in which we will face the same prospects again,

We can't be a majority in Nigeria for years and then wake up now to agitate for a new Country, we will still be minorities in.

In Biafra nobody would be minority, infact no one has the right to call you minority in ur land.
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by hungryboy(m): 9:51am On Dec 29, 2015
hungryboy:
Why majority of SS people don't really favour the idea of joining the Biafran struggle, it's not just because of the 'igbo wan come drink our oil excuse', like many always want people to believe,
It's because, after what we have gone through in Nigeria,
With the hausa/fulani North having a majority population that only needs a few votes from the South to win the Presidential elections,
We can't agitate for a country in which we will face the same prospects again,
We can't be a majority in Nigeria for years and then wake up now to agitate for a new Country, we will still be minorities in.
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Sweetlemon(f): 9:51am On Dec 29, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Naughty, stubborn calabar girl... Hope you were among the dancers in the Calabar carnival?

I wish! I dey Lagos.
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Figs(m): 9:51am On Dec 29, 2015
Fief:

Seun.
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Why is this thread on FP?
U made a controversial rule. Concerning Biafra but allow dis thread to live?
I would appreciate if u can be neutral to sensitive issues before Nairaland turns to Yorubaland
he's bein tribalistic here,defying d laws of dis forum
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Nobody: 9:53am On Dec 29, 2015
Figs:
he's bein tribalistic here,defying d laws of dis forum
I ll appreciate it if this thread is deleted
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by CSTR2: 9:53am On Dec 29, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Oga Ika's ancestry is traced to the Bini, so is the Kwales and other groups. They still maintain they aren't Igbos and you are here forcing them. They didn't support Biafra
Yes with majority names like ifeanyi okowa, chukwuka, onyeka, olisa e.t.c , i am sure that is very bini in nature. grin
Of course, they were some benin settlers who mixed with the majority igbo ethnics there. But then it is a still majority igbo enclave.

5 Likes

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:54am On Dec 29, 2015
Sweetlemon:

I wish! I dey Lagos.
Your bf no de let you travel? Haba... Him no de tire? Na food? undecided
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by menxer: 9:54am On Dec 29, 2015
nduchucks:

Oga, TonyeBarcanista is very correct in saying that when Ojukwu declared is Biafra, he was Governor of Eastern state that excluded Rivers, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom and Cross river. Old Rivers and Old Cross river were already created by Gowon.

In February 1966, when Isaac Boro, Sam Owonaro and Nottingham Dick alongside their supporters proclaimed a "Delta Peoples Republic", biafra was not included in the said republic. On 27 May 1967, under the administration of General Yakubu Gowon, decree No. 14 was issued, allowing the creation of Rivers State. Ojukwu's Eastern region at the time of "secession" did not include Ijawland or modern day SS area.

The good people of Niger Delta fought alongside gallant Nigerian soldiers to defeat the secessionists. My Gull, there is no need to try to revise history, though we have come to expect that from you.

If you and the likes of Kanu want to lead Igbo youths on another suicide mission, be rest assured that the people of the Niger Delta will fight you once again.
... to a stand still.
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by nmreports: 9:55am On Dec 29, 2015
Few things you guys should also know about Biafra.
Do not let us dwell much on their propaganda.
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Funjosh(m): 9:56am On Dec 29, 2015
The guys are just creating more enemies for themselves. Its bad.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Ugomba(m): 9:56am On Dec 29, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

and Anioma Will NEVER Support your ijaw agenda Niger Delta Republic.
Anioma is One, We know ourselves.
Anioma is an Igboid group and We are cool with the name Delta Igbo.
Leave our history.. Till now Nigeria don't know the exact history of Ijaws.. Am Not exactly sure if you people have one..

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by byko89(m): 9:57am On Dec 29, 2015
Mcowubaba:
I am Igbo..nd I am sincerely tired of people or other tribes talking down/thrash abt my tribe...

I don't knw why some of my Igbo people drag SS into Igbo matter...

If the (SS) say that the have nothing to do with Igbos, let them be naaa...

We keep making this people fell excessively Important undecided..

The facts are always the fact...arguments don't change fact.. If a community in SS speaks Igbo, dresses likes Igbos, bear Igbo names, automatically the are Igbo people...we don't need to argue over it...
Afam4eva nd co, the girl from Akwa Ibom has told u that no Igbo indigenous group is in Akwa Ibom, why not let that be, it wouldn't change the fact -if there are Indigenous Igbos there ?, it now seems as if u are begging them to accept that Igbos are indigenous in some of their community- this is highly illogical, uncalled for nd silly...

We true Igbos (by true Igbos I mean people who have fully accepted our lovely tribe without arguments) are not interested in anybody who doesn't want to be part of us undecided... Live nd let live...
"Biri kam biri"..
Stop giving this SS minorities reasons to talking sh!t abt the Igbo tribe...Leave them alone.... Everyday dem d create topic to tell Igbos hw the are not part of u, or how the hate Igbos...
Thank you so much bro, SS has all the capacities to form a separate state, all igbo speaking communities must not be in BIAFRA, the 5 igbo states big enough to form an independent state. Ernest shoneken was interim president for three months and today he gets all the respect of a formal head of state, but Nwafor orizu was also an interim president for the same three months in this country, no body remembers anything about him ,and am sure some you have not heard this name but make your research. And you tell me this marriage is fair, BIAFRA will come like a WIND, it may not be now but sure it must come as long as it still remains in every igbo mans hearth
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by CSTR2: 9:58am On Dec 29, 2015
Sweetlemon:

What is this one saying?

Important roads, hospitals, and some government artifacts in Akwa-Ibom and Cross river are named after some notable sons and daughters of Akwa/Cross. In fact, you'd see more Igbo monuments in Lagos than in Akwa/Cross or even anywhere else in SS for that matter. That is why I don't know why you Igbos hate Yorubas so much. Those people are very accommodating. No Igboish sounding name can even dare to vie for ordinary councilor in the SS (minus Delta and Rivers upland areas)
Also when mentioning notable Akwa/Cross sons and daughters, nowhere will you hear of that Effiong guy. And yes we have a lot of respected men and families in Akwa/Cross.
Still tends to the aftermath of the civil war politics.
Effiong was the most influential in akwa-cross area at the time of civil war. He was the leader.
Ofcourse, i am not surprised if there are not monuments of him there. Post Civil war politics was at play.
How many monuments does ojukwu even have in the SE?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by 3rdlegxxx(m): 9:58am On Dec 29, 2015
CltrAltDel:
[b]OP is wrong.

Below is the truth about Biafra......you are welcome to refute the facts below

Old Maps Show Biafra Was Actually In Cameroon And Never Part Of Nigeria

Another map from 1644 also puts “Biafara” solidly in Cameroon, Equatorial Guinea and São Tomé and Príncipe and far from Nigeria’s furthest Eastern border. Apparently the prior name of the territory now called Biafra by this group was recognized and mapped as “Benin,” and never Biafra in all historic maps.

Origins Of The Name “Biafra”
According to Encyclopaedia britannica: a dictionary of arts, sciences …, Volume 11-12, year 1910 , the name “Biafra” from “Bight of Biafra, comes from the word, “Mafra,” a town in Portugal.

https://books.google.com/books?id=k_wtAAAAIAAJ&pg=PA696&lpg=PA696&dq=name+biafra&source=bl&ots=ezNyezFy97&sig=GwG6NvP7N_mVWtA2aVvSGP7DKQQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CDgQ6AEwBTgUahUKEwiNwLWbivvIAhXFbiYKHZEXASo#v=onepage&q=name%20biafra&f=false

The Shocking Truth About Biafra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MMP4B2fqR0

EVEN THE DILECTOR SAID IT THAT "BIAFRANS ARE NOT NIGERIANS"....SO WHO IS DECEIVING WHO...CAN THEY PLEASE RELOCATE TO THEIR ROOT.....CAMEROON

@afam4ver, no ban me....I just pull out the facts for all to see......if in doubt read more here
http://newsrescue.com/old-maps-show-biafra-was-actually-in-cameroon-and-never-part-of-nigeria/

[/b]

even tho you made some good points here, it's online which means every and anyone can find it, this isn't a secret, Encyclopaedia britannica is well known, if the people agitating for Biafra and the likes Ojukwu and co who fought and died for it are educated enough to know these facts, i am not igbo and don't really know the details but if people having been talking, agitation for an independence for this long, trust me, they would know the basic facts of their roots, at least i would.
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by EasternPride: 9:59am On Dec 29, 2015

Anybody can say what they wanna say, as long as 80% of keke riders in my city all have one form of Biafra flag or sticker on their machines, who sigh.

Look at this picture, 2 out of 3 Keke drivers put Biafran flag or sticker on their machines.

and also check out that flag hoisted somewhere, it means the spirit of Biafra has awoken, it is everywhere, people now rock Biafran caps and wears around, even past police and army check points.

In Igbo we say "onye kwe, chi ya ekwere" - "if you say yes, you god will say yes".

Peace
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3236995_aubj8tgti3rcrs9qttykcxudk2qajlfuot4dezovp8p_jpega87b2ab082c8589daacdb1b7bd9efc66
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3236996_apcv3niazueuj5lcdnof2akzhourlwuvdvshalo9ww_jpeg9a7aa844f252e51b0cc2babc3628f9d2
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by EasternPride: 10:01am On Dec 29, 2015
Funjosh:
The guys are just creating more enemies for themselves. Its bad.

who cares?
what will you do?

go on another killing spree?
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by illiad1(m): 10:01am On Dec 29, 2015
Can't Nairaland survive without Biafra and igbo matter?

1 Like

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by SESSOL: 10:02am On Dec 29, 2015
SESSOL:
the moderators here are fraudulent, they changed my write up by changing biafraland to nairaland

See how nairaland forum moderators changed my write up.

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by somez(m): 10:04am On Dec 29, 2015
And what have u done with the education you claim you have? By supporting biafra?
Afam4eva:

This one cannot even get an education as simple as it is.
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by MrEverest(m): 10:04am On Dec 29, 2015
ARIZONA123:
. Afam ur shame dey shame me I swear. You dey lagos dey conclude that majority of igbos don't support d aggitation. Shame on you. Why not start by conducting the referendum on nairaland and see ur damned mouth floored here. Tufiakwa gi
Honestly I am appaled at Afam's reasoning as well as other a few other Igbos that seek for cheap popularity cum political correctness. Majority of Nigerians are suffering from delusion of grandeur, they say things want to believe even if it flies in the face of logic. If Biafra is not popular among the Igbos & some others in the ND, then why is it a mass movement?? From Aba to Obigbo, Ph, Owerri, Umahia, Onitsha, Enugu, Asaba Etc, I saw mammot crowds of people risking their lives, closing their businesses & walking great distances for the sake of Biafra!! If a referendum is conducted today, over 95% of Igbos will vote yes. Nigeria is doomed to fail, the earlier you pro Nigerians realise that the better for us all.

5 Likes

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Sweetlemon(f): 10:04am On Dec 29, 2015
CSTR2:
Still tends to the aftermath of the civil war politics.
Effiong was the most influential in akwa-cross area at the time of civil war. He was the leader.
Ofcourse, i am not surprised if there are not monuments of him there. Post Civil war politics was at play.
How many monuments does ojukwu even have in the SE?

Aftermath of wetin? Effiong was a nobody before Biafra and remained a nobody after Biafra because Biafra was never important to us. Period!
Ojukwu has memorial days in his honour doesn't he? He has one or two streets or something name after him right? So compared to Ojukwu, Effiong is NOBODY to us. We see him as someone who tried to sell his people because of the prospect of being 2nd in command. Finish!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by cabaliciouscabal: 10:06am On Dec 29, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Bros I de o. This your moniker funny o.

How you de rock d season?

Omo my moniker is Jst to sound note of warning to all those fuel marketers, dat we ar watching dem and also to let dem know dat all our money stolen by dem must be returned.

Am enjoying myself to d fullest oooo no dull moment.

But those ladies no won allow me, na so so give me money, and I told dem if I give u all d money which one go remain for me to catch fun.

I gave some of dem Dino Melaye's fon number sa maybe dey could get some dollars from him.
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Nwanna2588: 10:07am On Dec 29, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Oga Ika and the rest of Ukwuanis are till today attending the Igbo-wide OHANEZE NDIGBO meeting. Even the immediate past President of the group was from that region. So what is your argument here. Nzeogwu, one of the most dreaded Biafrans is from that region. Do you need DNA test before you stop this 'territorial expansion?'.

7 Likes

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by DropShot: 10:11am On Dec 29, 2015
FisifunKododada:

grin grin grin e dey pain am die grin grin grin
Apart from your logical and incontrovertible submissions, your moniker wows me. Bros, that's a hell of a name!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Anticabal: 10:11am On Dec 29, 2015
Sweetlemon:

Aftermath of wetin? Effiong was a nobody before Biafra and remained a nobody after Biafra because Biafra was never important to us. Period!
Ojukwu has memorial days in his honour doesn't he? He has one or two streets or something name after him right? So compared to Ojukwu, Effiong is NOBODY to us. We see him as someone who tried to sell his people because of the prospect of being 2nd in command. Finish!

Madam stop lieing to yourself, yoruba is written all over you.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC / Atiku Abubakar And Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Posters Flood Social Media / Seven Killed, Many Injured As NURTW Leadership Crisis Turns Bloody

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.