Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,318 members, 7,910,644 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 01:48 PM

Better To Have Loved And Lost Than Never To Have Loved At All? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Better To Have Loved And Lost Than Never To Have Loved At All? (1785 Views)

He Borrowed A Car For His Wedding And Lost His Wife To The Car Owner. / This Is Why Have Loved To Be With A White Chick! / She Loved And Wanted Me Much,i Ignored Her,now I Want Her Badly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Better To Have Loved And Lost Than Never To Have Loved At All? by Monicaa: 8:02pm On Jun 11, 2009
I am trying to figure out of it is actually better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. Look at most of the aftermath of lost love, it makes one so bitter, cruel, evil, sad, depressed, much more compared to someone that may have never loved before.
Re: Better To Have Loved And Lost Than Never To Have Loved At All? by sistawoman: 8:13pm On Jun 11, 2009
It is well worth the risk of getting your heart broke.

If you never try you live a life of fear and that is a fate worse than heartbreak.
Re: Better To Have Loved And Lost Than Never To Have Loved At All? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jun 11, 2009
Better to have never loved at all.
Re: Better To Have Loved And Lost Than Never To Have Loved At All? by Secretz(f): 8:23pm On Jun 11, 2009
Yes I think it's better to have loved and lost . . . . for the simple fact that you gain sooo might experience and insight into relationships and the opposite sex when being in a relationship and afterwards.
My experiences both good and bad have come from my relationships with people, and thankfully to that, I now know what I do not want in a partner and what I do. I also know the kind of 'friends' I want (I use the term friends very loosely). I do no negotiate with my standards in people. grin

sistawoman:

It is well worth the risk of getting your heart broke.

If you never try you live a life of fear and that is a fate worse than heartbreak.

I have to agree. I know alot of people who now haven't got a clue because of lack of experience. in their late thirties they are actually fearing, because they have never been there. (if that makes sense). undecided
Re: Better To Have Loved And Lost Than Never To Have Loved At All? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jun 11, 2009
ibkaye:

We think alike. grin
Re: Better To Have Loved And Lost Than Never To Have Loved At All? by Modelesque(f): 8:28pm On Jun 11, 2009
death @ the topic. Aren't those the lyrics to Jazmine Sullivan's "Lions Tigers and Bears"?
Re: Better To Have Loved And Lost Than Never To Have Loved At All? by Secretz(f): 8:36pm On Jun 11, 2009
Modelesque:

death @ the topic. Aren't those the lyrics to Jazmine Sullivan's "Lions Tigers and Bears"?

lol, I just clocked that. Very true. But it is also quite a commen phrase. wink
Re: Better To Have Loved And Lost Than Never To Have Loved At All? by Monicaa: 8:38pm On Jun 11, 2009
It is true we learn from experiences no doubt but how about those that have not and would not be able to heal from such, some have even resorted to suicide. what can be said about them? It makes you learn but can also change your outlook on life.
Re: Better To Have Loved And Lost Than Never To Have Loved At All? by Igwe9(m): 8:54pm On Jun 11, 2009
If I got the post right as in when one voluntarily refused to fall in love or have anything to do with the opposite sex, then I'd say it works in two ways, some people have lost their memories or even their life out of heartbroken while some have made the greatest mistakes of their life rejecting their Mr. rights and ended up with bullies. whatever your reasons may be. in either cases, you only have to define exactly what you want in life, work towards it , it beats me to see some girls do things just out of peer pressure.
To love and beloved is cool if you 'd love with your brain but not foolishly.

Regards,
cool smiley
Re: Better To Have Loved And Lost Than Never To Have Loved At All? by chiogo(f): 9:03pm On Jun 11, 2009
ibkaye:

For real, lmao.
Re: Better To Have Loved And Lost Than Never To Have Loved At All? by Monicaa: 9:36pm On Jun 11, 2009
Igwe.:

If I got the post right as in when one voluntarily refused to fall in love or have anything to do with the opposite sex, then I'd say it works in two ways, some people have lost their memories or even their life out of heartbroken while some have made the greatest mistakes of their life rejecting their Mr. rights and ended up with bullies. whatever your reasons may be. in either cases, you only have to define exactly what you want in life, work towards it , it beats me to see some girls do things just out of peer pressure.
To love and beloved is cool if you 'd love with your brain but not foolishly.

Regards,
cool smiley

Right
Re: Better To Have Loved And Lost Than Never To Have Loved At All? by Monicaa: 9:37pm On Jun 11, 2009
I think it goes both ways, sometimes i wish i had never fallen in love but how can i pass through this life and not experience the wonderful feeling when it was good.
Re: Better To Have Loved And Lost Than Never To Have Loved At All? by Sauron1: 9:41pm On Jun 11, 2009
Monicaa:

I am trying to figure out of it is actually better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. Look at most of the aftermath of lost love, it makes one so bitter, cruel, evil, sad, depressed, much more compared to someone that may have never loved before.

There's no hard n fast rule to it. . . .
Whether one has loved and lost or has never loved at all, she is still going to be vulnerable at one stage in her life or the other.
Aftermath of lost love you say? Some people have never loved but they are so bitter they make chloroquin taste like chocolates.
Re: Better To Have Loved And Lost Than Never To Have Loved At All? by kaypumpin2(m): 9:52pm On Jun 11, 2009
~Sauron~:

There's no hard n fast rule to it. . . .
Whether one has loved and lost or has never loved at all, she is still going to be vulnerable at one stage in her life or the other.
Aftermath of lost love you say? Some people have never loved but they are so bitter they make chloroquin taste like chocolates.

LWKM grin

@Topic

The greatest risk in life is not taking any risk at all.
Re: Better To Have Loved And Lost Than Never To Have Loved At All? by tope5000: 9:53pm On Jun 11, 2009
kay_pumpin:

@Topic

The greatest risk in life is not taking any risk at all.

Gbam but love still sucks grin
Re: Better To Have Loved And Lost Than Never To Have Loved At All? by Igwe9(m): 10:46pm On Jun 11, 2009
tope5000:

Gbam but love still sucks grin
yeah, because of pains love can make you pass through, and also judging by the notion that true love only manifests itself during the period of trials. smiley cool
Re: Better To Have Loved And Lost Than Never To Have Loved At All? by Diva1(f): 10:49pm On Jun 11, 2009
Igwe.:

yeah, because of pains love can make you pass through, and also judging by the notion that true love only manifests itself during the period of trials.smiley cool

That's right.
Re: Better To Have Loved And Lost Than Never To Have Loved At All? by tpiah: 12:30am On Jun 12, 2009
better to have never loved at all.
Re: Better To Have Loved And Lost Than Never To Have Loved At All? by Sissy3(f): 4:02am On Jun 12, 2009
better to have loved and lost. 'cause you learn from it at least for some.
Re: Better To Have Loved And Lost Than Never To Have Loved At All? by Diva1(f): 4:15am On Jun 12, 2009
~Sissy~:

That's right. There is pain in lost love but it would be worse if you don't learn from it.
Re: Better To Have Loved And Lost Than Never To Have Loved At All? by Nikky23: 4:31am On Jun 12, 2009
~Sissy~:

is that so? maybe it is better not to have loved o.

Diva1:

That's right. There is pain in lost love but it would be worse if you don't learn from it.

real acute pain embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Better To Have Loved And Lost Than Never To Have Loved At All? by Sissy3(f): 4:34am On Jun 12, 2009
Nikky23:

is that so? maybe it is better not to have loved o.

life is all about taking chances and risk. and if you never try, you never learn. now i wouldnt want to live my life being naive and fearful in everything.
Re: Better To Have Loved And Lost Than Never To Have Loved At All? by biola44: 8:19am On Jun 12, 2009
dats d only way 2 be experienced, cool
Re: Better To Have Loved And Lost Than Never To Have Loved At All? by dawhizkid1(m): 9:54am On Jun 12, 2009
Sometimes U'll never get over the pains of lost love. Even if Cupid shoots a dart at me,i'd rather it pierce my forehead than pierce my Heart,dat's how bad i feel about love.
Yesternight,1 of my Girl 'just' Friends ask me if I'm in love, i replied 'LOVE, I just can't love', she then ask me if i wil get married sumday, i replied 'Yes of Course, but i won't marry out of love, I'll marry just to fit in'. That's how bad love has made me. I think it's better not to fall in love at all.IMO love brings nothing but acute emotional,psychological and physical pains.
Re: Better To Have Loved And Lost Than Never To Have Loved At All? by Nobody: 10:03am On Jun 12, 2009
Its far far better off not to have loved at all.Cos love is jealousy,weakness,depression,sadness,and even draw back.I wont advice anybody to be so engrossed in love,cos it its sometimes a bumpy ride and never do end well
Re: Better To Have Loved And Lost Than Never To Have Loved At All? by Sasha009(f): 10:31am On Jun 12, 2009
Definitely better to LOVE AND LOST than not to ever love at all.
Loving and losing makes you gain experience and learn lessons. It may be hard but you will get over it and be a better person from the experience.
However not trying something is worse because you never know what it feels like. You will be left wondering "what if i love, " or "what if i tried that?" and all sorts of "what ifs"

Trust me, to love and lost is better off. Its the same as taking risks and failing rather than not taking at all? which one would you do? Wont you rather take the risk and fail, so that you may learn from why you failed and how to be a better person, than not taking the risk because you fear failure, and are too scared to evem try, thus not learning a single thing

One advice in life. No matter what it is, go for it, if its that person you like, ask them out, the worst thing that cld happen is rejection, it doeskin matter, move on. You will learn from it.
Please don't be scared to try things or go for what you want, because you may end up wishing you had at the end of the day.
Re: Better To Have Loved And Lost Than Never To Have Loved At All? by tpia6: 6:50am On Jan 22, 2011
Re: Better To Have Loved And Lost Than Never To Have Loved At All? by misanho: 7:26am On Jan 22, 2011
If U don't love(d greatest force in d universe- has made historyz greatest warz b greatest Unity) hw do U fulfill d word of God in ur life, GOD is love, GOD is d truth nd GOD is d light,
Re: Better To Have Loved And Lost Than Never To Have Loved At All? by Nobody: 8:40am On Jan 22, 2011
What is love?
Re: Better To Have Loved And Lost Than Never To Have Loved At All? by misanho: 8:46am On Jan 22, 2011
Itz wat our Lord God Almighty said we sud av 4 a partner,
Re: Better To Have Loved And Lost Than Never To Have Loved At All? by Nobody: 9:55am On Jan 22, 2011
And What're those things?

(1) (Reply)

Stalking Or Love? / Why Is A Woman's Behind Important To Guys? Bigger Or Smaller? / Help! My Five Years Relationship Is About To Crumble!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.